Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TBH I'm all for immigration reform but I don't understand how anyone believes the wall will stop illegal immigration in any way. It might slow them down but people who truly want to cross will find a way to do so. It's going to be a colossal waste of money.
    Yep. I'd say within 18 months, they will have readily available drones that can carry people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. I'd say within 18 months, they will have readily available drones that can carry people.
    Well Mexicans can fit 18 to a car so I wouldn't be surprised.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a very expensive structural art piece. Hopefully it will stand for centuries as a reminder of that period of time when a significant chunk of America lost its mind.

Maybe it'll create some part time jobs though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well Mexicans can fit 18 to a car so I wouldn't be surprised.
    Uh...you're not going to get 18 Mexicans hanging off a drone. My analyses says that you can get 3-4 on a drone for about 200 yards. I think that will be the upper limit for the next 2 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My mexicAn friends will pay for the wall

Donald is about to ins ute a tax of all money going from US mexicans to their relatives in Mejico

This is good news for me as Colombian Cartel will leave El Chapo behind

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TBH I'm all for immigration reform but I don't understand how anyone believes the wall will stop illegal immigration in any way. It might slow them down but people who truly want to cross will find a way to do so. It's going to be a colossal waste of money.
    Our govt wastes vast sums of money all the time. If building a symbolic wall is what it takes to finally get comprehensive immigration reform and a sensible immigration policy then I'm fine with that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "to finally get comprehensive immigration reform and a sensible immigration policy"

building wall will motivate Repugs?

it won't.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our govt wastes vast sums of money all the time. If building a symbolic wall is what it takes to finally get comprehensive immigration reform and a sensible immigration policy then I'm fine with that.
    What is the wall going to do for that? It isn't going to stop people from hiring illegals.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is the wall going to do for that? It isn't going to stop people from hiring illegals.
    What was the 900 mile fence going to do in the comprehensive immigration bill the Democrats were fighting for?

We'll see how Trump plays this but I think there is a chance that he gets something very similar to the (very good) 2013 immigration bill passed simply because he replaced a metal barrier with a concrete barrier. If that happens the irony will be that the GOP base that opposed the 2013 bill will be the ones pressuring Republicans to pass it and the lefties will be the ones opposing a comprehensive immigration bill.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    i'm all for being tougher on immigration, cracking down on illegal immigration, etc, but is he really stupid enough to waste money on this wall?
    $147 million will be freed up when the national endowment for the arts is slashed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The money is transparent. Some US firm will win the bid to erect the wall and the money will go back into the economy, Trump will tout job creation and because of the deportation and fear among illegals, the appearance of illegals in the country will diminish. This won't last, but it will have short term success markings that will cause some new threads here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $147 million will be freed up when the national endowment for the arts is slashed.
    The wall will cost upwards of 10 billion and possibly double that. But cool we can free up 0.15 billion per year!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The money is transparent. Some US firm will win the bid to erect the wall and the money will go back into the economy, Trump will tout job creation and because of the deportation and fear among illegals, the appearance of illegals in the country will diminish. This won't last, but it will have short term success markings that will cause some new threads here.
    The great keynesian wall of trump

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    The wall will cost upwards of 10 billion and possibly double that. But cool we can free up 0.15 billion per year!
    I'm sure the NEA won't be the only program slashed! We've already spent 7 billion on the border fence since 2001 what's another 10 billion to finish the job!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure the NEA won't be the only program slashed! We've already spent 7 billion on the border fence since 2001 what's another 10 billion to finish the job!
    I'll take "not cutting your losses" for 10 billion, Alex.

But seriously, I'm for cracking down on people moving here illegally. My main gripe was the mass delusion that Mexico will pay for it. I'll eat crow if wrong.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I'll take "not cutting your losses" for 10 billion, Alex.

But seriously, I'm for cracking down on people moving here illegally. My main gripe was the mass delusion that Mexico will pay for it. I'll eat crow if wrong.
    Were you also against the 2006 secure fence act?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup China builds ghost cities to keep their economy going. We will have a beutiful wall to keep our economy going.

Dubya wasted 1 trillion killing children in Iraq. Obama bilkions arming jihadists and droning weddings.

Trumps wall is nothing compared to those wastes. And it will be beautiful

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not 10, but $20B+, sorta like the F-35, and 10? years to build, then manning and maintenance costs, forever

America is more ed and more un able

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yeah, but how much of that is slotted for pizza?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll see how Trump plays this but I think there is a chance that he gets something very similar to the (very good) 2013 immigration bill passed simply because he replaced a metal barrier with a concrete barrier. If that happens the irony will be that the GOP base that opposed the 2013 bill will be the ones pressuring Republicans to pass it and the lefties will be the ones opposing a comprehensive immigration bill.
    You expect Trump to pass something like the bill he destroyed Rubio over? If you wanted that Clinton was your candidate. It could have probably passed under her with Republicans running from Trump's platform assuming he lost.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup China builds ghost cities to keep their economy going. We will have a beutiful wall to keep our economy going.

Dubya wasted 1 trillion killing children in Iraq. Obama bilkions arming jihadists and droning weddings.

Trumps wall is nothing compared to those wastes. And it will be beautiful
    Is that ing got going to build the wall through Big Bend NP? What a disgrace if so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that ing got going to build the wall through Big Bend NP? What a disgrace if so.
    Right down the ing middle of Santa Elena Canyon...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like lots of countries are building walls

http://www.economist.com/blogs/graph.../daily-chart-5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Were you also against the 2006 secure fence act?
    I was 15 at the time, don't really remember being politically charged then tbh, though I've become more liberal with age

Looking back it was horribly flawed. They undersold the cost and thus it was never actually completed with the approved 1.2 billion in funding. And it was never meant to be a continuous barrier like the wall is, so in hindsight sounds wasteful as .

Like I said in the post you just quoted, my big gripe with the wall was the delusion that we won't pay for it

Thread Information