Page 103 of 1660 FirstFirst ... 35393991001011021031041051061071131532036031103 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 41496
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And yet, he goes out of his way to hire foreigners to work at his resorts.

"THE BEST PEOPLE
    " - he said it loud and proud.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Cities breaking the law isn't funny to me.
    i said donna might need it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

"THE BEST PEOPLE
    " - he said it loud and proud.
    The best alien non-American people to cook and serve food.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best alien non-American people to cook and serve food.
    Name one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cities breaking the law isn't funny to me.
    sanctuary cities aren't breaking any laws. it is uncons utional for the feds to compel that sort of state action. the federal government cannot force a state to enact legislation or to enforce federal law. that would be a violation of the 10th amendment.

the only power the feds have in such a situation is to withhold funding, but even that has limits. if the amount withheld is great enough to the point that it is considered coercion, that is also a violation of the 10th amendment

if the feds want to enforce immigration laws, then they need more ICE officers and immigration offices. you cant compel the states to do your bidding

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    How about 55?
    The Trump family's Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach, Florida, has submitted requests with the Department of Labor to hire 70 foreign workers.

The club recently asked for permission to hire 15 housekeepers, 20 cooks and 35 waiters on H-2B visas, according to DOL filings made public Thursday during the White House's "Made in America"-themed week.
    Timely request, too.

The Department of Homeland Security on Monday announced a one-time increase of 15,000 additional visas for low-wage seasonal workers for the remainder of this fiscal year, a seeming about-face from President Trump's "Hire American" rhetoric, following heavy lobbying from fisheries, hospitality and other industries that rely on temporary foreign workers.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-wage-workers/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i would defer to law enforcement... if the chief of police of big cities suggest that the "sanctuary city" policies make it easier for them to communicate and cooperate with their communities, then i would trust their judgment on that.

as they're not required to enforce federal law, it's to their discretion. i'll trust the community police's insight over some bureaucrat in washington deciding what local policy is better or worse

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He mopped the in' floor with her in' ass.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He mopped the in' floor with her in' ass.
    And he regrets it.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    And he regrets it.
    omg lol

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still waiting on a name. No Jose or Lupita. No Ching or Chong. I will be up late.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sanctuary cities aren't breaking any laws.
    “That means, according to Congress, a city that prohibits its officials from providing information to federal immigration authorities — a sanctuary city — is violating the law. Sanctuary cities, like San Francisco, block their jails from turning over criminal aliens to federal authorities for deportation.”
    — White House statement in response to judge’s ruling on President Trump’s executive order on “sanctuary” jurisdictions, April 25, 2017

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Still waiting on a name. No Jose or Lupita. No Ching or Chong. I will be up late.

So you want me to name someone that hasn't been hired yet?

You feeling OK?

Pastefinger cramping up?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “That means, according to Congress, a city that prohibits its officials from providing information to federal immigration authorities — a sanctuary city — is violating the law. Sanctuary cities, like San Francisco, block their jails from turning over criminal aliens to federal authorities for deportation.”
    — White House statement in response to judge’s ruling on President Trump’s executive order on “sanctuary” jurisdictions, April 25, 2017
    a statement by the white house doesn't override the cons ution and SCOTUS precedent

it it really was illegal, than instead of "cutting funding" they would just challenge the cities in federal court

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you want me to name someone that hasn't been hired yet?

You feeling OK?

Pastefinger cramping up?
    So they don't exist.

Fake news.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For example, say you’re an employee of a city government and you found out someone who applied for benefits was an undo ented immigrant. If you want to report that person’s immigration status to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), the government cannot forbid you from doing so without violating Section 1373. But the federal government also could not force the city government to report that person’s information to ICE.
    as the "sanctuary city" designations are not formal state statutes, they aren't violations (the first half of this quote).

when the federal government compels state officials to enforce federal law, that is "commandeering" which is a violation of the 10th amendment

you'd be happy to know that this very doctrine was used to strike down federal gun control legislation that was pushed by the clinton administration when they tried to force sheriffs (state officials) to conduct background checks (federal law)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Printz_v._United_States
    Last edited by spurraider21; 07-20-2017 at 11:01 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So they don't exist.
    He has already employed hundreds.

Fake news.
    Poor Chris.

Most of the requests for foreign workers concerned the Mar-a-Lago Club, Trump's exclusive crown jewel property that is both a resort and sports club, nestled on the water of Palm Beach. In the past 10 years, 849 foreign guest workers were approved for the resort. Most of those were for servers, cooks, housekeepers or other similar positions.

A majority of these workers were brought in on what is known as H-2B visas and came from a small group of countries, according to current and former workers. The countries of preference: Romania and South Africa.
    http://money.cnn.com/2016/07/28/news...ers/index.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    as the "sanctuary city" designations are not formal state statutes, they aren't violations (the first half of this quote).

when the federal government compels state officials to enforce federal law, that is "commandeering" which is a violation of the 10th amendment
    "Sanctuary cities, like San Francisco, block their jails from turning over criminal aliens to federal authorities for deportation."

What's your opinion on this part?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    this got uses a white house statement as a legal argument

stick to wrestling, idiot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Sanctuary cities, like San Francisco, block their jails from turning over criminal aliens to federal authorities for deportation."

What's your opinion on this part?
    check my edit above, first, for some additional context to the "commandeering" principle, so that you dont think it's just some recently invented liberal activist hoax

second, SF's doesn't turn over aliens that do not have violent felonies. it's not a blanket refusal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What part about hire American buy American don't you understand? You can point the finger to something that supposedly happened in the past, but the reality is Trump is putting America first now and it's time to take out the trash.

Can't believe you read this:

and came up with this:

Still waiting on a name. tick tock

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this got uses a white house statement as a legal argument

stick to wrestling, idiot.
    Oh look, a random troll with some random shade! Just put me on your ignore list got

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The high court has also prohibited the federal government from “commandeering” the states by forcing them to work for the feds at their own expense by actively enforcing federal law. As Ronald Reagan reminded us in his first inaugural address, the states formed the federal government, not the other way around. They did so by ceding 16 discrete powers to the federal government and retaining to themselves all powers not ceded.

If this cons utional truism were not recognized or enforced by the courts, the federal government could effectively eradicate the sovereignty of the states or even bankrupt them by forcing them to spend their tax dollars enforcing federal law or paying for federal programs.

Thus the Trump dilemma. He must follow the Cons ution, or the courts will enjoin him as they have his predecessor. He cannot use a stick to bend the governments of sanctuary cities to his will, but he can use a carrot. He can ask Congress for legislative grants of funds to cities conditioned upon their compliance with certain federal immigration laws.

^judge napolitano

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    check my edit above, first, for some additional context to the "commandeering" principle, so that you dont think it's just some recently invented liberal activist hoax

second, SF's doesn't turn over aliens that do not have violent felonies. it's not a blanket refusal.
    Illegal immigrant. Say it with me I-L-L-E-G-A-L ILLEGAL immigrant

Thread Information