Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I use it as a general term although they're certainly not all created equal, but I definitely would rather go to any one for my guisada.

Btw, just googled tortas ahogadas

El Chivito is a 12 minute drive from me.
    Dude check it out man, if you never had one it's carnitas with refried beans and pickled red onion on a bread that's kind of almost crunchy outside, really soft inside, and then the sandwich is doused with this great hot sauce. I always get the hottest version the dude will make there and he tries to talk me out of it every time because it's extremely hot but I don't know, I guess I like really hot .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So true. That and flour tortillas done right. No one does breakfast tacos here either except Taco Bell.

I'd kill for an alambre taco or some machacado....
    , when I lived in California people would think I was re ed when I'd ask where was a good place to get breakfast tacos. Why would you want a taco for breakfast?

Mother ers don't know how great breakfast tacos are. Thankfully HEB sells some pretty nice carne seca so I can make the machacado at home and it turns out every bit as good as if I went out for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude check it out man, if you never had one it's carnitas with refried beans and pickled red onion on a bread that's kind of almost crunchy outside, really soft inside, and then the sandwich is doused with this great hot sauce. I always get the hottest version the dude will make there and he tries to talk me out of it every time because it's extremely hot but I don't know, I guess I like really hot .
    Same. I always have a bottle of some green habanero Yucateco on me which isn't the hottest by any means, but is in the sweet spot I like, so I'm all for this.

And yeah it sounds good as . Thanks for the heads up. I know where I'm going next time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , when I lived in California people would think I was re ed when I'd ask where was a good place to get breakfast tacos. Why would you want a taco for breakfast?

Mother ers don't know how great breakfast tacos are. Thankfully HEB sells some pretty nice carne seca so I can make the machacado at home and it turns out every bit as good as if I went out for it.
    Yeah, I've checked all the local carnicerias and can't find machacdo.

I will say that the meat markets here do sell better meat- like it's cut better, looks cleaner. That's one thing my old man couldn't get over when he came down here and always ask me how the meat looks when we chat.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So true. That and flour tortillas done right. No one does breakfast tacos here either except Taco Bell.

I'd kill for an alambre taco or some machacado....
    bend over - I'll show you a machacado!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

meh

goes both ways - and depends where you were in Cali -

I used to get great breakfast tacos in hollywood

and on the other side -

they had GREAT WET BURRITOS -

came back to texas and they were like "wut - a wet BURRITO???"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    meh

and on the other side -

My favorite burrito in LA was the Hollenbeck de machaca at El Tepeyac over on Evergreen between Wabash and Cesar Chavez. The place was on Man vs Food a few years ago and the Hollenbeck de machaca is similar except with machaca instead of pork and a lot smaller (but still huge).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    meh

and on the other side -

Yeah, wet burritos are great, but I always prefer green sauce over red sauce.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's almost difficult to put into words how irresponsible it is to have a large indoor rally at a time when cases are ing and some stores that reopenning are having to reclose. Apple, for example, just announced it's going to close stores it had reopenned in some of the states seeing es. Trump is doing a self-sabotage to our economy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, wet burritos are great, but I always prefer green sauce over red sauce.
    Kind of depends. If it's a tomato sauce then yeah skip that and go for the verde. But if its an arbol sauce man I love that .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's almost difficult to put into words how irresponsible it is to have a large indoor rally at a time when cases are ing and some stores that reopenning are having to reclose. Apple, for example, just announced it's going to close stores it had reopenned in some of the states seeing es. Trump is doing a self-sabotage to our economy.
    Meh, can't save the stupid.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kind of depends. If it's a tomato sauce then yeah skip that and go for the verde. But if its an arbol sauce man I love that .
    Yeah, I like the verde better, just has more flavor more often than not. Plus, the burritos usually have a red salsa inside.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash's AmeriKKKa

Trump-loving security guard guns down Black man in Tulsa hotel parking lot ahead of president’s rally

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/06/trump-loving-security-guard-guns-down-black-man-in-tulsa-hotel-parking-lot-ahead-of-presidents-rally/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=4817

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I like the verde better, just has more flavor more often than not. Plus, the burritos usually have a red salsa inside.
    yup

used to get the lengua with red sauce and beans and cilantro inside

salsa verde and white cheese on top - melted in the oven before serving it to you

or the barbacoa - with above ingredients

and the same for breakfast wet burritos - except with bacon/eggs/beans and the stuff melted on top -

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can a mod re- le this thread to:

The Official Trump isn't, but Mexican Food is, Doing Awesome Thread?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/clin...ry?id=42993821

She had a double digit lead as recent as the 23rd of October.

She choked LkrFan Juan Pablo. Spreewell-Carlisemo style.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can a mod re- le this thread to:

The Official Trump isn't, but Mexican Food is, Doing Awesome Thread?
    If it were up to Trump and his cultists we would have less of the good stuff and the people making it and more Taco Bell bowls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you imagine an America where we had less of this?

And more of this?

^ That's the America Trump Cult wants. No Thanks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

^ That's the America Trump Cult wants. No Thanks.
    Miracles are really a thing. This ing guy built a resistence to junk, trash food over the years. Only reason he hasn't stroke out yet. His daily meals consists of Mcdonalds and 3 cokes a day.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Jack pimp slapped him

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Get off your phone": Trump scrolls through cell while small business owner describes hardships

"He's not even trying to pretend at this point"

US President Donald Trump uses his cellphone as he holds a roundtable discussion with Governors about the economic reopening of closures due to COVID-19, known as coronavirus, in the State Dining Room of the White House in Washington, DC, June 18, 2020.

The president began scrolling through his phone as a business owner described how the pandemic has affected her company's operations,

including the need for added runners and phone operators to handle social distancing requirements.

https://www.salon.com/2020/06/19/get-off-your-phone-trump-scrolls-through-cell-while-small-business-owner-describes-hardships_partner/

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    He doesn't exercise because he believes some weird theory about we are only granted so much energy in this life and he does not want to use it all up and die

Miracles are really a thing. This ing guy built a resistence to junk, trash food over the years. Only reason he hasn't stroke out yet. His daily meals consists of Mcdonalds and 3 cokes a day.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'Wednesday Night Massacre': Trump's New Right-Wing Propaganda Chief Initiates Purge of US-Funded Media Outlets

"The Breitbart crowd may be getting a taxpayer-funded global platform."

newly-appointed head of the U.S. Agency for Global Media was criticized Thursday for enacting what one former employee called a "Wednesday night massacre"—

firing several career officials at the agency which oversees government-funded news broadcasters around the world, including Voice of America.

Days after being confirmed to his position in a party-line vote, Michael Pack

dismissed Bay Fang of Radio Free Asia;

Jamie Fly of
    Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty;

Alberto M. Fernandez of
    Middle East Broadcasting Networks;

Emilio Vazquez of the Office of Cuba Broadcasting;

and Libby Liu of the Open Technology Fund.

Pack has already replaced several of the officials with Trump allies and political appointees, and

is expected to name former
    Breitbart News writer Jeffrey Shapiro as the head of the Office of Cuba Broadcasting.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...?cd-origin=rss

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information