Page 11 of 1659 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521611115111011 ... LastLast
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What's the problem? Hiring illegals didn't stop Trump.
    Nor Obama when he said illegals should vote.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nor Obama when he said illegals should vote.
    Such bull

http://www.snopes.com/obama-encourag...liens-to-vote/

CLAIM: President Obama encouraged "illegal aliens" to vote and said there would be no consequences if they do.

FALSE
    ORIGIN:In the final count down to the upcoming election on 8 November 2016, Fox News host Neil Cavuto expressed disbelief over what he claimed to be remarks by President Barack Obama that encouraged undo ented immigrants to vote illegally. Other conservative outlets soon followed suit, with the Gateway Pundit calling the comments "criminal":

Barack Obama openly called on illegal aliens to vote in Tuesday’s election.
    This whole administration is lawless!

They lie at every turn.
    They lied to get Obamacare passed.
    They lied about Benghazi.
    They lied about Hillary’s private server and emails.

And now they are calling on illegal aliens to vote.

The claim originates from an interview with Obama published on 3 November 2016, in which millennial actress Gina Rodriguez asked the president about a number of issues facing young Latinos. Many of the outrage posts were written around a video in which the majority of the president's response was edited out to give the misleading impression that Obama was urging undo ented immigrants to vote illegally:

In the full interview, it's clear Obama is urging Latino citizens to vote in order to give voice to members of their community who are precluded from doing so by lack of citizenship, not urging non-citizens to vote illegally. Rodriguez's question seems to be addressing a fear that voting will result in scrutiny on one's family which could result in deportation of undo ented relatives:

RODRIGUEZ: Many of the millennials, Dreamers, undo ented citizens -- and I call them citizens because they contribute to this country -- are fearful of voting. So if I vote, will immigration know where I live? Will they come for my family and deport us?

OBAMA: Not true. And the reason is, first of all, when you vote, you are a citizen yourself. And there is not a situation where the voting rolls somehow are transferred over and people start investigating, et cetera. The sanc y of the vote is strictly confidential in terms of who you voted for. If you have a family member who maybe is undo ented, then you have an even greater reason to vote.

RODRIGUEZ: This has been a huge fear presented especially during this election.

OBAMA: And the reason that fear is promoted is because they don't want people voting. People are discouraged from voting and part of what is important for Latino citizens is to make your voice heard, because you're not just speaking for yourself. You're speaking for family members, friends, classmates of yours in school...

RODRIGUEZ: Your entire community.

OBAMA: ... who may not have a voice. Who can't legally vote. But they're counting on you to make sure that you have the courage to make your voice heard.

The unedited video, posted by mitú, a media network geared toward young Latinos, can be viewed here:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol wild cobra posted the same not too long ago

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    lol wild cobra posted the same not too long ago
    Oh, I get it, it's A-ok to edit Trump's , but, it's not A-ok to edit Hussein's .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, I get it, it's A-ok to edit Trump's , but, it's not A-ok to edit Hussein's .
    Bend over, I'll edit your .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Hillary Clinton, she'll say anything to get elected, and change nothing" -Obama campaign ad 2008

Appoints her Secretary of State
    but officer, he was speeding too!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Bend over, I'll edit your .
    Not now, bum, not when I'm waitin' for the 9th to tell it.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    "Hillary Clinton, she'll say anything to get elected, and change nothing" -Obama campaign ad 2008

Appoints her Secretary of State

rent free

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    [[[When O'Reilly asked whether it hurts his feelings that they are making him out to be a "hater," Trump said "No because they always do it."
    "The first thing they do with the Republicans or conservatives is the racist card. They pull off the racist card," he said. "They always do. Not just me. They do it with everybody. And I see that and once you know that, you feel a lot better about it."]]]

I love this guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [[[When O'Reilly asked whether it hurts his feelings that they are making him out to be a "hater," Trump said "No because they always do it."
    "The first thing they do with the Republicans or conservatives is the racist card. They pull off the racist card," he said. "They always do. Not just me. They do it with everybody. And I see that and once you know that, you feel a lot better about it."]]]

I love this guy.
    Bend over, I'll make you love this guy.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    It was important on November 7th. It's important now.

No one here has been affected by the election, no one. It's all scoreboarding and sour grapes.
    I work at one of 96 fortune 500 companies who denounced trump's ban because we had people who were affected by the ban.

My father in law married an illegal immigrant and has recently lawyered up (no...marrying a citizen does not get an illegal immigrant a green card).

My brother is a JAG officer who now has a reality TV show personality as commander in chief.

Its been two weeks.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She's goofy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Left has lost their mind over this election...and we're reaping all of the benefits....

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    For what is a man, what has he got
    If not himself then he has naught
    To say the things he truly feels
    And not the words of one who kneels

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but officer, he was speeding too!
    -Mary Jo Kopechne

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I work at one of 96 fortune 500 companies who denounced trump's ban because we had people who were affected by the ban.

My father in law married an illegal immigrant and has recently lawyered up (no...marrying a citizen does not get an illegal immigrant a green card).

My brother is a JAG officer who now has a reality TV show personality as commander in chief.

Its been two weeks.
    Billionaires are evil!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    For what is a man, what has he got
    If not himself then he has naught
    To say the things he truly feels
    And not the words of one who kneels
    How you liking the Vice President take the last piece of candy the dems were saving, cub?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Pence has ice in his veins. Democrats got owned.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crapifier McConnell going full blast misogynist Repug. "shut the Yankee up for talking tough 'bout my fellow slave state racist"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How you liking the Vice President take the last piece of candy the dems were saving, cub?

We are woken.

We have witness what giving sole power to a party does. Your republican buddies will lose a lot of seats in the midterm elections over their ery.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    We are woken.

We have witness what giving sole power to a party does. Your republican buddies will lose a lot of seats in the midterm elections over their ery.

you know I argued once it might be good well maybe not good but interesting to see what changes the Reps would make ... but if rubber stamping unqualified people like DeVos ....then I have seen enough. So hopefully we start seeing a shift in Congress. All I know is Obama with a Republican Congress was a failure as,far as enacting sweeping change. Not sure what can be done to make this country great ...sure it's not as bad in most cases as Trump made it sound but it is bad in places and I am not sure what the answer is. I am curious to see how all these exec orders and appointees shake out. I hope for our country they and he prove me wrong ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Man these right wingers are sensitive as .

Thread Information