Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell me your feelings on Joe Biden calling black kids roaches. That's ok, why?
    immediate subject change

Every standard Trump supporter ploy in five minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just say you love Trump and you don't know why. Every single Trump supporter feels the same.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    immediate subject change

Every standard Trump supporter ploy in five minutes.
    There are 20 liberals in here for every conservative. We spend 90% of our time defending Trump as a result of the disproportion. Is it too much to ask for you to discuss your candidate once out of every 200 posts?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are 20 liberals in here for every conservative. We spend 90% of our time defending Trump as a result of the disproportion.
    You didn't defend Trump at all.
    Is it too much to ask for you to discuss your candidate once out of every 200 posts?
    The grievance!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people seem wary to return to the workplace, employers seem wary to challenge that

This summer, executives at health-care-technology firm Epic Systems announced a plan: Most of the 9,500 employees at its 1,000-acre campus in Wisconsin would be expected back in the office in September.

The company, like many others, says its employees do their best work when they can collaborate in the same space. But blowback to the mandate was swift. Employees expressed fears about safety and spreading the new coronavirus. Local health officials questioned the move. So Epic joined legions of other companies making late-in-the-game changes to office-reopening plans, saying this month that staffers could work from home at least through the new year….

Expecting the virus to be under control by Labor Day, many employers had hoped to bring white-collar workers back to the office next month. But as cases rose in dozens of states throughout the summer, major school districts settled on remote or hybrid instruction, complicating the picture for working parents. Some employers have already scuttled plans to force office workers back so soon.

They include some of the country’s biggest companies. In an August survey of 15 major employers that collectively employ about 2.6 million people, 57% said they had decided to postpone their back-to-work plans because of recent increases in Covid-19 cases. Nearly half said they were putting in additional safety measures for when they reopen, such as redesigned workspaces and temperature checks.

Only one respondent said the summer surge of infections hadn’t affected its timeline or plans for bringing workers back.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Just say you love Trump and you don't know why. Every single Trump supporter feels the same.
    Biden said he did not want his kids to grow up in a racial jungle..and today he refers to black kids as roaches. I just figured you racial equality experts/advocates might be a little concerned about that. Guess that stuff is ok since he has a (D) next to his name.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden said he did not want his kids to grow up in a racial jungle..and today he refers to black kids as roaches. I just figured you racial equality experts/advocates might be a little concerned about that. Guess that stuff is ok since he has a (D) next to his name.
    you're completely abandoning Trump and getting passive aggressive.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Tell me your feelings on Joe Biden calling black kids roaches. That's ok, why?
    It’s not OK, but it’s a binary option, and ultimately that kind of stuff is just words, not policy. It’s not like the choice is between Biden, Trump, and some other Democrat who doesn’t say Jim Crow era about black people. Trump isn’t exactly free of a checkered past on race either - his conspiracy theory about Obama’s birth certificate was motivated by race.

Biden’s comments about roaches inflict a lot less harm onto the black community than Trump’s platform would be if he’s successful in gutting protections for people with preexisting conditions or rolling back the Medicaid expansion that occurred under Obamacare. Privatize the post office and that takes away another several hundred thousand jobs for black Americans that pay a wage high enough for them to raise a family and contribute to society. The reason Biden will still get over 90+% support from black voters despite his checkered past on race is because the Republicans offer absolutely nothing to black people beyond “We’re gonna help you help yourself by taking away your food stamps and Medicaid so you pull yourself up by your bootstraps and get a job!”

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    you're completely abandoning Trump.

I'm not. But I've never been a die hard Trump guy from the start. How many Trumpers have you seen in here critiicizing anything the man has done? I'll wait.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not. But I've never been a die hard Trump guy from the start. How many Trumpers have you seen in here critiicizing anything the man has done? I'll wait.
    None tbh. Including you. They always deflect and change the subject like you're doing right now.

It's OK. Supporting Trump really isn't rational and guys like you won't acknowledge the emotions that are really the foundation of your supporting him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people seem wary to return to the workplace, employers seem wary to challenge that
    unwary Wheeler is forcing EPA employees back to work

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-en...arms-employees

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's on brand. you can smell the freedom.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Well, we have all this supposed outrage over the Flloyd incident...and there's always a Jill Stein or Gary Johnson on the ballot for people who actually have strong convictions.

I agree we need a safety net to help those in need. But welfare was never meant to be a career choice. There's a fine line there. On one hand, you have the democrats who almost encourage welfare abuse and want to provide free everything to their voting base so they keep them voting left. And then you have the Republicans, who, as you say, just tell them to get a job. What do you suggest? What is the happy medium, magic pill that gets people to take pride in themselves and go to work?

It’s not OK, but it’s a binary option, and ultimately that kind of stuff is just words, not policy. It’s not like the choice is between Biden, Trump, and some other Democrat who doesn’t say Jim Crow era about black people. Trump isn’t exactly free of a checkered past on race either - his conspiracy theory about Obama’s birth certificate was motivated by race.

Biden’s comments about roaches inflict a lot less harm onto the black community than Trump’s platform would be if he’s successful in gutting protections for people with preexisting conditions or rolling back the Medicaid expansion that occurred under Obamacare. The reason Biden will still get over 90+% support from black voters despite his checkered past on race is because the Republicans offer absolutely nothing to black people beyond “We’re gonna you help yourself by taking away your food stamps and Medicaid so you pull yourself up by your bootstraps and get a job!”

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    None tbh. Including you. They always deflect and change the subject like you're doing right now.

It's OK. Supporting Trump really isn't rational and guys like you won't acknowledge the emotions that are really the foundation of your supporting him.
    Now you are just flat out lying. All Prius and fart jokes aside, you are better than that.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Well, we have all this supposed outrage over the Flloyd incident...and there's always a Jill Stein or Gary Johnson on the ballot for people who actually have strong convictions.

I agree we need a safety net to help those in need. But welfare was never meant to be a career choice. There's a fine line there. On one hand, you have the democrats who almost encourage welfare abuse and want to provide free everything to their voting base so they keep them voting left. And then you have the Republicans, who, as you say, just tell them to get a job. What do you suggest? What is the happy medium, magic pill that gets people to take pride in themselves and go to work?
    There’s no Jill’s Stein this year and Gary Johnson style libertarians have the same austerity agenda that’sjust as bad for black people as Republicans are.

I suggest an infrastructure spending program that at least for the next 5-10 years gives jobs to those who need them. At that point I’m fine with kicking able bodied people off welfare if they’re simply choosing to be lazy (I think you’ll find examples of this are a lot less frequent than you believe). There’s trillions of dollars of work that needs to be done across the country to restore infrastructure (there are still parts of the country that use ing wooden pipes for plumbing). That addresses the problem in the short term.

Beyond that, people from both parties need to realize that long term there aren’t going to be enough 40 hour/week jobs for every American in the workforce no matter what political party is in power. The economy of the 1950s isn’t ever coming back. Imo the long term solution is a UBI and also reducing the work week with a higher hourly wage so more people are working. The problem we have is that workers are a lot more productive now than they were 50 years ago, but all the profits from that increased productivity go to the employer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s pick for Postal Service Chair once headed voter suppression efforts for Republicans

Before Robert M. Duncan was the chair of the Postal Service board of governors,

he was general counsel and then chair of the Republican National Committee from 2002 to 2009 —

a time when the committee and its state counterparts oversaw an “unprecedented escalation” of voter suppression in swing states

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/08/trumps-pick-for-postal-service-chair-once-headed-voter-suppression-efforts-for-republicans-report

a Repug bag. excuse the redundancy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem we have is that workers are a lot more productive now than they were 50 years ago, but all the profits from that increased productivity go to the employer.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    There’s no Jill’s Stein this year and Gary Johnson style libertarians have the same austerity agenda that’sjust as bad for black people as Republicans are.

I suggest an infrastructure spending program that at least for the next 5-10 years gives jobs to those who need them. At that point I’m fine with kicking able bodied people off welfare if they’re simply choosing to be lazy (I think you’ll find examples of this are a lot less frequent than you believe). There’s trillions of dollars of work that needs to be done across the country to restore infrastructure (there are still parts of the country that use ing wooden pipes for plumbing). That addresses the problem in the short term.

Beyond that, people from both parties need to realize that long term there aren’t going to be enough 40 hour/week jobs for every American in the workforce no matter what political party is in power. The economy of the 1950s isn’t ever coming back. Imo the long term solution is a UBI and also reducing the work week with a higher hourly wage so more people are working. The problem we have is that workers are a lot more productive now than they were 50 years ago, but all the profits from that increased productivity go to the employer.
    I like the bolded part.

Worry about a UBI long term as I see it as an incentive and innovation killer. But I could see it utilized as a temporary solution to kick start the economy. Once we pull those who are in the shadows into the workforce they become conditioned to work and pride will no longer allow them to sit on their hands. You are right, the 50's economy is long gone. If you want more expendable income you just have to find a side hustle in addition to your 9-5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There's no evidence the extra unemployment payments are discouraging people from finding work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    If you want more expendable income you just have to find a side hustle in addition to your 9-5.
    Which is a problem. There’s more than enough income and wealth in this country for someone who works 40 hours a week to make an honest living that involves expendable income and a savings account.

I agree completely with everything about getting people who are out of the workforce back into a job they can take pride in so they can contribute to society, but you lost me with the comment about getting a side hustle. Someone who works 40 hours a week in an Amazon warehouse is more productive and is adding more value than a GM plant worker was 50 years ago. If the GM plant worker was productive enough to make a comfortable wage, so is the Amazon worker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RESOVLVED, That the 2020 Republican National Convention will adjourn without adopting a
    new platform until the 2024 Republican National Convention;
    https://prod-cdn-static.gop.com/medi...Y_PLATFORM.pdf

can't even bother to spell check their non-platform.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I'm with Stupid" -->

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    There's no evidence the extra unemployment payments are discouraging people from finding work.

Thread Information