My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People tune in to sports to watch sports. If they want political BS they can go watch C-span or maybe come to this forum. Has nothing to do with racism, although you guys are always finding it where it does not actually exist.
    So racist chants from euro soccer fans is just sports and nothing else. Got it.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

I'm sure you're against military flyovers at games and the like, right?
    So we should stop the presentation of our flag as well?
    Age old traditions that I am indifferent about, tbh.

People do not appreciate spoiled brat, filthy rich athletes constantly trying to tell us how bad they supposedly have it here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People tune in to sports to watch sports. If they want political BS they can go watch C-span or maybe come to this forum. Has nothing to do with racism, although you guys are always finding it where it does not actually exist.
    Fine, if you want no politics in your sports, ditch the Anthem and the flyovers.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

People do not appreciate spoiled brat, filthy rich athletes constantly trying to tell us how bad they supposedly have it here.
    You think uppity blacks shouldn't have opinions. We get it.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You don't understand the concept of empathy.

Like a good conservative shill, you think every statement is about the individual.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You think uppity blacks shouldn't have opinions. We get it.
    Everyone is en led to their opinion. But when you go to the grocery store, you probably don't want to the clerk lecturing you on social issues.You probably just want to pay for your items and leave.

That's number 1, and number 2, this country does not force us to live here. I do recall several know-it-all celebrities claiming they would move to Canada if Trump won in 2016. And they all still live here. That's because they are all full of sh1t and have it great here. They just want something to about.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Right, because Mahomes is definitely protesting due to hardships he's personally endured. He's not using his status as a public figure to spread awareness, he's only doing it to benefit himself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Btw, the age old tradition of having NFL players stand for the national anthem goes all the way back to 2009.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here is why Trump is facing speculation that he is on drugs

Trump suggested that rival Joe Biden might be using performance-enhancing drugs

Trump’s attack on Biden was so bizarre that many people suggested Trump’s comments were psychological projection

Trump’s comments on Biden would be an acknowledgment that it is actually the president who is using drugs.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/09/here-is-why-trump-is-facing-speculation-that-he-is-on-s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Btw, the age old tradition of having NFL players stand for the national anthem goes all the way back to 2009.
    Yep. Widespread, mandatory virtue signaling.

I thought yesterday's festivities were a little heavy handed though. Not what the players did, but all of the surrounding spectacle. Didn't have an issue with it personally but I knew it would be counterproductive when it comes to getting middle American white people to give a .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe the can stand and moon people in stands and get their buts whipped for being bad

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe the can stand and moon people in stands and get their buts whipped for being bad
    And line up a row of 13 year old girls and pee in front of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone is en led to their opinion. But when you go to the grocery store, you probably don't want to the clerk lecturing you on social issues.You probably just want to pay for your items and leave.
    Would you boo the clerk?

That's number 1, and number 2, this country does not force us to live here. I do recall several know-it-all celebrities claiming they would move to Canada if Trump won in 2016. And they all still live here. That's because they are all full of sh1t and have it great here. They just want something to about.
    If people didn't work for change in this country those blacks would still be slaves.

And you wouldn't have your gun rights protected.

You don't want black athletes getting uppity while you're reminded they have more money than you. That's fine.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You don't understand the concept of empathy.

Like a good conservative shill, you think every statement is about the individual.
    That's not true It was just as painful for me watching the George Flloyd video as it was for you. I just don't appreciate the false narrative - that cops are just roaming the streets looking for innocent black kids to hunt down. I read that over 200 white folks were killed by cops last year. And that didn't happen because of their skin color it happened because they were fighting the authorities, who have guns, which is never a good idea. Fight your case in court, not on the streets.

In the case of Derek Chauvin, he was a part of that 5% of LEO's who should not be in that line of work. And this country(the left anyway) now vilifies police as a whole based on the actions of a few. How is that fair or right?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Would you boo the clerk?

No, I'll just have Kimberly Guilfoyle scream at both of you! That will stop that sh1t!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I'll just have Kimberly Guilfoyle scream at both of you! That will stop that sh1t!
    She'd be arrested. Probably beaten. Maybe shot.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    They should just consider doing away with it all together. The country is too divided right now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see Mr.(?) Cadelago struggles with English much like yourself.
    Dude, you got auto banned by twitter because it's algorithm thought you were a bot. ducks has more going on than you.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    That's not true It was just as painful for me watching the George Flloyd video as it was for you. I just don't appreciate the false narrative - that cops are just roaming the streets looking for innocent black kids to hunt down. I read that over 200 white folks were killed by cops last year. And that didn't happen because of their skin color it happened because they were fighting the authorities, who have guns, which is never a good idea. Fight your case in court, not on the streets.

In the case of Derek Chauvin, he was a part of that 5% of LEO's who should not be in that line of work. And this country(the left anyway) now vilifies police as a whole based on the actions of a few. How is that fair or right?
    Then white people should be in the street protesting too, but it's only natural for black people to think this is a racial thing when white America seems perfectly fine with how cops conduct themselves. Cops being quick triggered and killing people isn't a problem in the rest of the industrialized world.

Regarding whether it's fair or right - I'm out of sympathy for cops because most of the good ones (yes I said most) are indifferent when they see a bad one engage in misconduct. Look at Floyd for example, the other 4 cops stood by and watched as Chauvin had his knee on Floyd's neck. If cops were such good choir boys, why couldn't one have stepped in to help Floyd? The entire culture of police in America where they cover for each other no matter how bad the misconduct was is broken.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure what any of this has to do with athletes peacefully raising awareness. Also not sure what Philando Castile, Brianna Taylor, and the others that neither of us has heard of should have done differently.

Because every time there's a George Floyd situation, the vast majority of the other 95%, along with the conservative masses, stretch themselves to great lengths to defend the Derek Chauvins and blame the victim. Justice is excruciatingly rare when it comes to police brutality. Fortunately, that is slowly starting to change thanks to movements like BLM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Then white people should be in the street protesting too, but it's only natural for black people to think this is a racial thing when white America seems perfectly fine with how cops conduct themselves. Cops being quick triggered and killing people isn't a problem in the rest of the industrialized world.

Regarding whether it's fair or right - I'm out of sympathy for cops because most of the good ones (yes I said most) are indifferent when they see a bad one engage in misconduct. Look at Floyd for example, the other 4 cops stood by and watched as Chauvin had his knee on Floyd's neck. If cops were such good choir boys, why couldn't one have stepped in to help Floyd? The entire culture of police in America where they cover for each other no matter how bad the misconduct was is broken.
    The difficult part is that those other cops were his subordinates. I read that one of them had been on the force(outside the academy) for like 3 days. Probably most people are not going to check their boss if they like their jobs and want to continue paying their mortgage. But I am with you in that I wish one of them would have had more courage and done so.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The difficult part is that those other cops were his subordinates. I read that one of them had been on the force(outside the academy) for like 3 days. Probably most people are not going to check their boss if they like their jobs and want to continue paying their mortgage. But I am with you in that I wish one of them would have had more courage and done so.
    In the last job I had, my boss asked me to do something to help him steal money from investors. I said go yourself and walked off the job, and it cost me a lot of money since I was a month away from getting a bonus (good thing I did though since I would have gotten sued into oblivion and ruined my career). At some point the concept of right and wrong needs to kick in. I have sympathy for the cop who was new on the job, but the other ones were experienced enough.

Thread Information