My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What if 65% of Floridians said no masks? Risking everyone else's life because...my body, my choice.

Wouldn't happen in Florida, but could in other states like, say, Alabama. I would hope their representation would do the right thing there as well.

If the issues is important enough to Floridians, then they vote said representation out of office.
    Controlling the spread of disease is an Article 10 police function reserved to states.

Not sure it can be preempted by referendum since a cordon sanitaire is itself a sort of preemption of the normal regulatory regime, an emergency. Maybe you'd have to rewrite the state emergency laws. Can you do that by referendum? I don't know.

Maybe someone here who has actually studied law can comment on this, I'm in the tall weeds.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 09-22-2020 at 04:25 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    That is a good alternative.
    The conservative voter suppression push is a BS CNN narrative.

Everyone should get out and vote, just be: A.) Alive B.) Eligibile and C.) Only do it once.

Mask mandates and lockdowns are not government overreach, but being asked to pull your I.D. out of your wallet and flash it at the clerk at the voting station once every 2 years is.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Everyone should get out and vote, just be: A.) Alive B.) Eligibile and C.) Only do it once.

Mask mandates and lockdowns are not government overreach, but being asked to pull your I.D. out of your wallet and flash it at the clerk at the voting station once every 2 years is.
    Just one example, the North Dakota voter ID law had a street address and state issued ID requirement that many of the Native Americans in the state werent going to be able to comply with since a lot of them use PO Boxes as permanent addresses and don’t have street addresses that receive mail. Many of them also don’t have the birth certificates or do ents needed to get a state issued ID and they rely on a tribal ID.

The voter ID laws had a specific intent to suppress certain groups. Do you really think the right wing North Dakota state legislature passed that law and didn’t intend for the strangely specific ID requirements suppress the overwhelmingly Democrat Native American vote? Was it just a total coincidence the ID requirements overlooked how Native American reservations work?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah!! We are going to play dirty now like those ing Republican.
    BB's $Ms are paid in public, horrible!

the rightwing oligarchy's $Bs are paid in secret dark money, perfectly OK by SCOTUS' C-U

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course because they all vote Democrat
    no, because they're still citizens, and they're still affected by the outcomes of elections, which tells me they should have a say in things, regardless of whether i respect them or not

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basing access to voting on hypertechnical legal compliance is bull , it was the whole reason for Preclearance under the Voting Rights Act.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your responses are getting worse and worse.

By this logic, blacks tend to overwhelming vote democrat so let's ban them too.
    you’re getting warmer. That’s the point of loading the courts the last few years. Disenfranchisement is absolutely a goal.

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    Should they own firearms too?
    IMO only, it depends on the crime.

But this isn’t a fair comparison because voting for a presidential nominee isn’t going to blow anyone’s brains out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here’s how Donald Trump is actually the one defunding police departments

He even ordered the Justice Department to name “anarchist zones” so he can pull away federal funding for Portland, Oregon, Seattle, Washington and New York City.

Withdrawing federal funding means these municipalities will need to

make drastic budget cuts, including public safety and police.

Ironically, it would help defund the police Trump believes should be fully funded.

In Florida, the impact of the coronavirus has left cities struggling for funds as well. Trump’s lackluster response to the virus and failed leadership to stop the spread means

the cash-strapped cities must make tough choices in cutting their budgets as well. That also means public safety and law enforcement.

Florida cities are facing “historic budget shortfalls due to COVID.”

“If they decide to prioritize other spending over certain police functions to balance the budget, will they risk losing critical state aid?”

the coronavirus pandemic will “reduce local government revenues by an estimated $11.6 billion in 2020.”

McConnell suggested that states file for bankruptcy.

states are forbidden from filing for bankruptcy by federal law.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/09/her...ce-departments

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s not even playing dirty. They shouldn’t need to pay fines to vote in the first place.
    Yeah how dare they have to pay for their crimes

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

D.) Also be prepared for a three hour wait if you live in an urban area, thanks to the conservative voter suppression push.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing hide and seek with the NY AG, like grand people do. The rules are for little people, right?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    D.) Also be prepared for a three hour wait if you live in an urban area, thanks to the conservative voter suppression push.
    While if you live in a rural white area enjoy being able to drive right up and be in and out in 15 minutes.

If we end up seeing a swath of increased black/latino mail-in voting in this election, it pretty much confirms that the long ass polling lines in urban areas have served as a deterrent for decades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mostly peaceful crimes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They did that when they served their sentences. Adding conditions afterward isn't fair.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A little ad fodder for the next few weeks....

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cindy McCain has endorsed Joe Biden. Wow.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump lays out his plan to have the Supreme Court intervene in the presidential election

“With the unsolicited millions of ballots that they’re sending, it’s a scam," Trump says.

"It’s a hoax"

a startling frank admission, President Donald Trump told reporters on Tuesday that

he believes the country needs to have nine Supreme Court justices

because of the millions of mail-in ballots at play in the 2020 election.

"We need nine justices. You need that," he said.

"With the unsolicited millions of ballots that they're sending, it's a scam. It's a hoax.

Everybody knows that.

And the Democrats know it better than anybody else.

So you're gonna need nine justices up there, they're going to be very important."

Trump's plan to win the election by challenging votes that go against him has been clear for months now.

It's also entirely and transparently corrupt.

https://www.salon.com/2020/09/22/trump-lays-out-his-plan-to-have-the-supreme-court-intervene-in-the-presidential-election_partner/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cindy McCain has endorsed Joe Biden. Wow.
    Wow
    What are you a idiot
    I bet she would

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Associated Press mocked for calling Cindy McCain's Biden endorsement 'stunning rebuke' of Trump
    'It would be stunning if she endorsed Trump,' one Twitter user pointed out

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump slammed for bizarre comment mocking Biden’s mask-wearing: ‘I can’t with this idiot’

Trump mocked Joe Biden for wearing a mask, saying that it is a waste for him to cover up all his plastic surgery.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/09/trump-slammed-for-bizarre-comment-mocking-bidens-mask-wearing-i-cant-with-this-idiot/?

Trash?

fake hair,

colored hair to hide is fulll baldness?

wears full face clown makeup

elevator heels

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow
    What are you a idiot
    I bet she would
    You mad