Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mueller prosecutor connects the dots in Trump Org case using obscure law to investigate real estate fraud

the Martin Act is typically used in the New York AG's office to investigate commodities fraud, but also extends to real estate fraud.

"It also has a provision that covers fraud or deceit in the sales of real estate in New York state," Weissmann explained.

If you look at the provision of the Martin Act, it is security and commodities and real estate.

So, if you connect the dots, that's what the New York attorney general has now in her sight in connection
    with the Trump investigation."

Hotels, residences, and other places where he licensed his name.

Attorney General Le ia James has been investigating all of those and connecting them to the "deals" Trump did.

the Trump Organization is small and Donald Trump is a notorious micromanager.

If there is something there, somebody is going to take the fault for that.

https://www.rawstory.com/martin-act-trump-organization-case

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Precisely. All she had to do was disappear.
    Only thing scary about Madonna is her music.

Sad that she scared trump and you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Precisely. All she had to do was disappear.
    All she has to do is rel3ase a new album.and shes gone for 12 months

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'Few people grasp the severity' of Trump’s legal peril and will be shocked if he's finally charged

prosecutors need to start preparing Americans for the possibility that former President Donald Trump will be charged criminally.

Trump has lost many of the advantages he had that kept him from being charged with obstruction of justice.

few people grasp the severity of Trump's legal exposure,"

Should Trump really face criminal charges, however,

Chait believes it would deliver a shock to tens of millions of Americans who still back the president --

and even many people who don't.

"A criminal prosecution of a former president, especially one who is still functioning as his party's leader, would be

an unsettling and potentially traumatic development,"

The challenge for prosecutors, Chait concludes, is telling Americans that

Trump "isn't facing criminal accountability because he lost,

but because it should have happened years ago."

https://www.rawstory.com/few-people-...rged-columnist

so, why did it not happen years ago? Billionaires are accountable
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 05-19-2021 at 01:09 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    throw his kids under the bus?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Normally CEOs don't go to jail —

here's why a former FBI official says Trump Organization 'people will go to prison'

"I think Trump has misjudged his exposure here," said Figliuzzi. "There's hubris here and there's just bad gambling luck.

I think he misjudged [CFO Allen] Weissberg and others. I think he thought he was Teflon, this wouldn't happen.

He was emboldened by [special counsel Robert] Mueller not going after his finances and I think he's misplayed this."

"When you're talking about the former president of the United States, it means it takes something more than the bare minimum threshold of reasonable su ion that a crime occurred,"

"I don't think she would make this announcement lightly or merely reasonable su ion.

I think she has strong evidence, specific facts that she is very confident in."

coordination with Manhattan District Attorney Cy Vance, Jr. means the two are essentially investigating the same people using the same informants.

So it makes sense to come together and offer the same deals to those informants.

"Make no mistake.

Because it's an organizational prosecution doesn't mean human beings in that organization can't go to prison as part of that case."

Ivanka Trump, Eric Trump and Donald Trump Jr. should all be getting their own lawyers at this point.

My message to the Trump family, who are officers, if you don't have separate lawyers representing you on the organization case,

do not trust that one organization attorney, who represents the organization's interests,

to represent your interest.

It is time to separately lawyer up and you may have different interests than a brother, sister or father."

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-organization-enron-jail

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Andy Borowitz

Explaining how math was used to count votes, Trump said,

“If you take one number and add another number to it, you get a totally different number.

It’s unfair and, quite frankly, a disgrace.”

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Attacking the press, "fake news", journalists: classic fascism

Trump's DOJ went to war against the press: Seizure of CNN reporter's personal records is chilling

Trump told the Wall Street Journal:

I'm very disappointed in the fact that the Justice Department has not gone after the leakers. And they're the ones that have the great power to go after the leakers, you understand … and I'm very disappointed in Jeff Sessions.

the new reports of the nefarious abuse of the Justice Department to track down an anonymous Twitter user who mocked one of Trump's closest toadies in Congress, California Rep. Devin Nunes.

the Trump administration sought the 2017 communications records of three Washington Post journalists who had been covering the Trump Russia story and were responsible for the reporting on the Flynn-Kislyak calls.

the DOJ informed the cable news network that last year federal prosecutors had also sought the records of CNN's longtime Pentagon reporter Barbara Starr.

in order to at least attempt to abide by the First Amendment,

the rules required that

prosecutors use all other investigative methods before they take this step,

that in most cases they alert the news organizations before they issue the subpoena, or

in cases with national security concerns, they inform the individual journalists within 90 days of the subpoena being issued.

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein set about reworking them in order to make it easier for prosecutors to obtain journalists' records and discard the requirement that the DOJ alert a media organization that they are planning to issue a subpoena.

The big question in all this is why were they seeking these records in 2020?

The BARR DOJ didn't inform the media organizations or the reporters of their reasons but

it seems logical to assume that it was part of Special Prosecutor John Durham's ongoing snipe hunt for the "origins of the Russia investigation."

However, the fact that CNN's Starr, who did not cover the Russia investigation, was also subpoenaed suggests that this went way beyond Durham's mandate.

If he is looking at leaks about North Korea policy he's way off track.

CNN was not informed of when these subpoenas were issued

so there is a chance that this happened during Sessions' tenure, but if that's the case,

the
    BARR DOJ completely abandoned the rules that required them to inform the subject within 90 days.

the Trumpers sure took advantage of every lever of ins utional, bureaucratic power to achieve their ends.

But in this age of disinformation and rampant propaganda,

it has literally never been more important to have a free press than it is now.

DOJ should be protecting it not treating it as the enemy.

https://www.rawstory.com/trumps-doj-went-to-war-against-the-press-seizure-of-cnn-reporters-personal-records-is-chilling

Fascism doesn't protect the press, it emasculates and corrupts the press. Journalists are murdered every year all over the planet.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 05-21-2021 at 11:55 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    eg, Fascist, ethnic cleaner Israel:

Why Does Israel Bomb Media Offices and Target Journalists?

Israel’s military began threatening and targeting journalists several decades ago, in tandem with its longstanding cruel treatment of Palestinians

Israel’s missile attack on media offices in Gaza City last weekend was successful.

“we are shocked and horrified that the Israeli military would target and destroy the building housing AP’s bureau and other news organizations in Gaza.”

Israel’s military began
    threatening and targeting journalists several decades ago

the Israeli government keeps trying to reduce accurate news coverage.

The approach is a mix of deception and brutality.

Blow up the cameras so the world won’t see as many pictures of the atrocities.

https://www.laprogressive.com/why-do...-media-offices

Trash/Barr would have if they could have, but they couldn't so they went Deep State to attack the media.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump has billed the Secret Service more than $40,000 this year to use a single room at Mar-a-Lago

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-mar-a-lago-2653059419/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump is saddened he's becoming irrelevant after being banned from social media

The former leader of the free world is growing increasingly irrelevant,

former president Donald Trump is sliding toward something he has fought his entire life: irrelevance.

Online talk about him has plunged to a five-year low. He's banned or ignored on pretty much every major social media venue.

"Trump is still by far the Republican Party's biggest star, and

conservative lawmakers and provocateurs are now loudly sparring over the importance of loyalty to him

ahead of the 2022 midterm elections or

a potential second Trump presidential run,"

Trump's continued influence isn't translating into a bigger online audience,

Social engagement around Trump ... has nosedived 95 percent since January, to its lowest level since 2016."

https://www.rawstory.com/donald-trump-social-media

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'Loathsome' Trump aide ripped apart as judge orders him to repay legal fees after media lawsuit flops

Trump spokesman Jason Miller was ordered to pay $42,000 to G/O Media after his $100 million defamation suit was tossed in 2019

Miller — prior to their own high-profile extramarital romance — carried out an affair with a woman he met at an Orlando strip club,"

when the woman found out she was pregnant,

Miller surrep iously dosed her with an abortion pill without her knowledge,

leading, the woman claims, to the pregnancy's termination and nearly her death."

https://www.rawstory.com/jason-miller-lawsuit

A Trash and Repug kind of guy

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm really hoping that the Republican party will split up thanks to trump's actions guaranteeing a democrat government for a long time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm really hoping that the Republican party will split up thanks to trump's actions guaranteeing a democrat government for a long time.
    Repugs strategy to stuff SCOTUS and Federal benches with hard-right ideological political hacks has succeeded.

Those judges for life will screw Americans for decades. They will legislate, will be right-wing activists, way beyond the lie of "balls and strikes"

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'Loathsome' Trump aide ripped apart as judge orders him to repay legal fees after media lawsuit flops

His head.... it’s a perfect sphere

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not happening, they're almost all pledging allegiance to Dear Nazi and the ones that aren't are being purged. House gerrymandering plus the ridiculous favoring of red states through how our senate is elected ensures the Republicans will always be strong in American politics even in their current form as an American nazi party.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ivanka feigned ignorance about Allen Weisselberg's role at Trump Organization during deposition

Weisselberg has been a fixture at the company since he was hired at the company in the early 1970's.

But Ivanka Trump claimed she didn't know his le during a deposition,

Michael Cohen said Donald Trump has taught his older daughter well.

https://www.rawstory.com/allen-weisselberg-trump-organization-2653079819/

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That's precisely what we had BEFORE Trump, fred...a "democrat government"...(we) knew it, but nobody would believe us till Trump made President. Bush2 was nothing more than a RHINO, a piece of who was in the bed with the Hussein's forever and only publicized that fact AFTER Trump left Hillary Clinton side of the road. Then Bush2 declared for her. Why? Because that SOB wanted Hillary to be President and couldn't help himself and took a fit when Trump got in the way.

(After) Trump they'll go back to that . But I'll never go back, ever. You and your Democrats/Rhinos can have it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's precisely what we had BEFORE Trump, fred...a "democrat government"...(we) knew it, but nobody would believe us till Trump made President. Bush2 was nothing more than a RHINO, a piece of who was in the bed with the Hussein's forever and only publicized that fact AFTER Trump left Hillary Clinton side of the road. Then Bush2 declared for her. Why? Because that SOB wanted Hillary to be President and couldn't help himself and took a fit when Trump got in the way.

(After) Trump they'll go back to that . But I'll never go back, ever. You and your Democrats/Rhinos can have it.
    Now, Bush was a democrat?

What did trump do so exceptional that other republican presidents didn't do? Maga supporters are in love with something that is not real. There was no trump miracle: unemployment didn't go down faster than under Obama, deficit was multiplied by 2.5 (pre-covid) while Obama divided it by 3, economic growth was barely above Obama's and lower than the one from previous decades... If you are in the top1% of the population, I can understand why you would be happy since trump gave them more money, for everybody else, there was nothing corrected for inflation.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Now, Bush was a democrat?

What did trump do so exceptional that other republican presidents didn't do? Maga supporters are in love with something that is not real. There was no trump miracle: unemployment didn't go down faster than under Obama, deficit was multiplied by 2.5 (pre-covid) while Obama divided it by 3, economic growth was barely above Obama's and lower than the one from previous decades... If you are in the top1% of the population, I can understand why you would be happy since trump gave them more money, for everybody else, there was nothing corrected for inflation.
    Absolutely, fred. And always had been. Like I said; it took the shocking defeat of Hillary to draw him out and into the light. He, Bush2, could not brook her defeat and then, in broad daylight declared for the Hussein's. That was to spite Trump and OUR victory. That SOB.

---------

He stocked the SC, and lo and behold so far these appointees have remained to the right. So many times Republican Presidents have set people in there that are Democrat wolves in very little Republican clothing, and that Republican President knew it. The Democrat Presidents NEVER make that mistake. The SOB they set in that SC is left and stays left forever.

I love President Trump with all of me heart. You know how that Cohen guy who said he'd take a bullet for Trump and then reneged? I'll never renege, fred.
    He's the greatest President to walk the face of the earth.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I love President Trump with all of me heart.
    A friend of mine works as a cameraman for KTLA Los Angeles. He worked on the Apprentice when it taped in LA a few years back. He said that Trump would try to direct everybody on how to do their job, which could be a little annoying at times. Sometimes people on set would do a little eye-roll to themselves, and have a chuckle. But overall, he said he was a nice guy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It looks like being the process of becoming an Army General doesn't filter out stupid, ignorant bags.

Obama was right to fire this nutcase

Michael Flynn Claims Dems Invented COVID Pandemic To Steal The Election From Trump

Michael Flynn said today that

covid was a conspiracy to control the American people and

divert attention away from stealing the election.

He said it is not a problem in the rest of world,

and

he doesn’t worry about it because he has been taking hydroxychloroquine for 30 years.

https://www.wonkette.com/michael-fly...m-donald-trump

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TSA called Flynn King Spk

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely, fred. And always had been. Like I said; it took the shocking defeat of Hillary to draw him out and into the light. He, Bush2, could not brook her defeat and then, in broad daylight declared for the Hussein's. That was to spite Trump and OUR victory. That SOB.

---------

He stocked the SC, and lo and behold so far these appointees have remained to the right. So many times Republican Presidents have set people in there that are Democrat wolves in very little Republican clothing, and that Republican President knew it. The Democrat Presidents NEVER make that mistake. The SOB they set in that SC is left and stays left forever.

I love President Trump with all of me heart. You know how that Cohen guy who said he'd take a bullet for Trump and then reneged? I'll never renege, fred.
    He's the greatest President to walk the face of the earth.
    well, the vast majority of the population disagrees with you and ranks him as one of the worst presidents in US history so we won’t even talk about the rest of the earth.

Bush is a republican. He continued to apply the trickle down economic. He cut taxes for the wealthiest creating massive debt and no additional growth. Trump did the same with the same results. Both are republicans, the later being more fascist, maybe that’s why you consider the other republicans as non republicans but trust me they are. If anything, democrats have not helped the middle class enough and been too much on the right economically.

Thread Information