Page 23 of 1660 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733731235231023 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    just focus on the pump and block all other visuals.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    just focus on the pump and block all other visuals.
    What you don't put in there/head can't stay there.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Thanks, Splits!!!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    er finally called on that Jim Acosta/CNN guy. I thought the poor er was gonna fall out of his seat.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Thanks, Splits!!!
    Really troubling stuff there, Trump needs to fire everybody he didn't hire and maybe get rid of Priebus tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really troubling stuff there, Trump needs to fire everybody he didn't hire and maybe get rid of Priebus tbh
    It's coming, god willing. I need new material for my scalp thread. It's almost 24 hour old by now.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    what he needs to do is keep only the ones that don't give a about the country, then focus on power building.

all this patriotism is pre-historic anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A new Breitbart article reveals much about the war inside the White House

Sources tell Steve Bannon’s old website that Reince Priebus is doing a terrible job.

Updated by Andrew Prokop[email protected] Feb 14, 2017, 2:20pm EST

BRENDAN SMIALOWSKI/AFP/GettyWith National Security Adviser Michael Flynn already forced to resign due to scandal, there are rumors of another White House shakeup in the works. Those rumors grow to a roar if you surf to today’s eyebrow-raising Breitbart report by Matthew Boyle, which quotes at least three “sources close to the president” who claim that chief of staff Reince Priebus’s future is “in doubt.”

Boyle’s anonymous sources paint a picture in which Priebus’s bumbling is the primary reason for the Trump administration’s rocky start. They portray the chief of staff as in over his head and ineffective at working with Congress. And they claim that the blame for the White House’s botched immigration order roll-out should fall primarily on Priebus, because he failed to quickly confirm Jeff Sessions as attorney general and purge enough leaky Obama loyalists from the government.

Mind you, this isn’t just any anonymously sourced report. In the age of Trump, Breitbart’s coverage is being read — rightly or wrongly — as a window into the views of one faction of the administration in particular: the allies of White House chief strategist Steve Bannon.

Bannon ran Breitbart until he left to join the Trump campaign last August. He brought Breitbart staffers like Julia Hahn and Sebastian Gorka with him into the new administration. The site has long maintained a close relationship to Sessions aides such as Stephen Miller, who is now a White House senior policy adviser and reportedly a close Bannon ally there.

This “nationalist” faction of the Trump administration is more anti-establishment, more anti-immigrant, and overall more radical than Priebus’s allies, who are more traditional Republicans. At a time of turmoil within the administration, officials allied with each faction are leaking to the press in an effort to scapegoat their rivals and ensure their own allies don’t take blame.

While we don’t know for certain who is specifically leaking to Boyle, the leakers are likely, at the very least, sympathetic with the worldview and aims of the administration’s Bannon wing. Indeed, their complaints read like a transparent attempt to scapegoat Priebus for a massive screw-up that others have portrayed as the fault of his rivals Bannon and Miller, as Elliott Schwartz argued on Twitter:

Follow

Elliott Schwartz @elliosch

It is truly bonkers that the Bannon/Miller wing continues to anonymously blame Reince for their EO disaster. https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/831522139585011712 …
    5:07 PM - 14 Feb 2017

So here’s a closer look at what these anonymous sources are claiming about Priebus, and why it reads as a bit of a distraction from the administration’s real problems.

Bannon’s allies are trying to pass the buck to Priebus

The biggest and most consequential blunder of the Trump administration so far was the rollout of its executive order blocking entry in the US for refugees and nationals of seven majority-Muslim countries. As Benjamin Wittes of Lawfare put it, the order somehow combined both “malevolence” and “astonishing incompetence,” leading to hundreds of people being detained at airports, massive protests, and multiple lawsuits that have now frozen its implementation.

Despite Breitbart’s pro-Trump leanings, Boyle’s story accepts the premise that the rollout was a disaster. For this, other media reports and commentators have generally blamed Bannon and Miller, who are said to have crafted the order without adequate input from other agencies and initially demanded it apply even to green card holders.

Boyle’s sources differ, arguing “that the buck stops with Priebus when it comes to the botched rollout of the executive order.” (The name “Bannon” is never mentioned in the article.) The sources lodge three complaints, none of which are particularly convincing.

First, one source argues that Priebus blundered by failing to win Senate confirmation of Attorney General Jeff Sessions quickly enough. If only Sessions were in place, the source seems to be claiming, the order would have gone much smoothly.

This doesn’t make much sense. The bigger problem was that Bannon and Miller seemed uninterested in consulting even Cabinet secretaries who had been confirmed, such as James Mattis and John Kelly, according to multiple reports. Furthermore, the Senate moves at its own pace, and Democrats were using whatever tactics they could to delay a Sessions vote.

So it’s appropriate that White House Press Secretary Sean er (who worked with Priebus at the RNC and is viewed as an ally to the chief of staff) sounded puzzled by this complaint in his response to Boyle. “What are you talking about?” er wrote in an email. “What possibly could have been done to get Sessions done quicker? Is there some way he could have made Democrats vote?”

The second criticism aimed at Priebus in Boyle’s piece is essentially that Trump’s administration is flailing because it’s being sabotaged by Obama administration holdovers whom Priebus has failed to purge. “They’re hiding like sleeper cells everywhere,” a source tells Boyle.

There’s an element of truth to this, because there really has been an amazing amount of leaks undermining Trump — though it’s not clear whether they’re coming from Obama holdovers or the permanent bureaucracy (or Trump’s own aides, who’ve been remarkably leaky too).

Still, this is a bit of a distraction. Obama administration holdovers did not force Trump to go on bizarre rants during conversations with foreign leaders, or to be obsessed with nonexistent voter fraud. They didn’t force Trump to issue that bungled immigration order. They also didn’t force Michael Flynn to lie to the public and to Vice President Mike Pence about what he told the Russian ambassador (or appoint Flynn, who many argued from the get-go was a terrible choice, in the first place).

Finally, Boyle’s sources complain that Priebus has not been effective at working Congress so far in general. “He was supposed to be this wizard in dealing with congressional Republicans, but has not been successful in getting anything serious done,” one source says. And while it has only been a few weeks so far, this is also essentially true.

But again, it’s an attempt to change the subject. Sure, perhaps Priebus could have done a bit better getting the troops in line on the Hill. But at its core, the day Trump’s administration went off the rails was January 27: the day he empowered Steve Bannon and Stephen Miller to implement their “nationalist” anti-immigrant agenda with his executive order.

Since then, the administration has never truly returned to normal — the order was such a toxic disaster that the fallout from it has colored everything, energizing Trump’s opposition, drawing criticism even from many Republicans, and distracting the administration at a time when it could be focused on a legislative agenda
    REAL NEWS

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    When it's one way for over 30 years and somebody comes in all the sudden that person is ed.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    "Sources"

FAKE NEWS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Sources"

FAKE NEWS
    Yeah, like those unnamed Flynn sources were fake too.

This is from Trump's Pravda. Bannon is going all in on Preibus in a moment of chaos, Sun Tzu style. He wants him out. I hope he gets his wish.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah, like those unnamed Flynn sources were fake too.

This is from Trump's Pravda. Bannon is going all in on Preibus in a moment of chaos. He wants him out. I hope he gets his wish.
    I don't care if comes from God. It's FAKE NEWS.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Damn, Splits, works every time. Danka.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Damn, Splits, works every time. Danka.
    TRIGGERED!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I couldn't figure it out to save me life. Just happened upon you teachin' in the Club.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I couldn't figure it out to save me life. Just happened upon you teachin' in the Club.
    I don't dip my toe into that cesspool. You must be talkin' my lesson to lefty in the NBA Forum.

And it's "danke" with an E

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don't dip my toe into that cesspool. You must be talkin' my lesson to lefty in the NBA Forum.
    Yes, in the NBA Forum.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's coming, god willing. I need new material for my scalp thread. It's almost 24 hour old by now.
    Did you throw your own scalp in it, Splits? Ol Pennsylvania cut you up good on that one, eh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what I'm talking about.

Trump and his staff is in full panic mode. Priebus is a to be sure, but he's the least of their problems and now he is going to get full blame.

Meltdown city.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you throw your own scalp in it, Splits? Ol Pennsylvania cut you up good on that one, eh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Two Ls for you, bro

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This is what I'm talking about.

Trump and his staff is in full panic mode. Priebus is a to be sure, but he's the least of their problems and now he is going to get full blame.

Meltdown city.
    I don't see any meltdown, tbh. I just think he needs to fire anybody Obama hired. Can't trust anybody from the previous administration, they've shown they care more about politics than doing their job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two Ls for you, bro
    Where were you Sept-Nov? Family commitments?

in' pussy ass double-hockey stick

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Where were you Sept-Nov? Family commitments?

in' pussy ass double-hockey stick
    Alive and well, I remember having a good laugh about your lady's september 11 collapse

but let's not get off topic, did you throw your scalp in?

ed by the Amish

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't care if comes from God. It's FAKE NEWS.
    Is that just a euphemism for inconvenient news?

Thread Information