Page 3 of 1653 FirstFirst 123456713531035031003 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    He's not "banning" anyone, only temporarily pausing them in order to buy the government some time to improve the vetting system. As for the list of countries, that same list of countries was flagged as potentially dangerous by Obama's DHS. Obama and Congress restricted those same countries' access to the Visa Waiver Program in 2015. I guess Obama must be in on the vast conspiracy to protect Trump's business interests?
    Its a ban and he himself called it a ban. So what would you call revoking visas?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Obamas assassination of Americans always grinded my gears the most in terms of outright disregard for cons utionality.

You took an extra dose of re this morning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I'll take your parroted reply as a non answer to my question.

I also find it hilarious that you think this is something that is effective as an insult. Your ty attempt falls flat on its face when you accused someone of not doing something you yourself are not doing. Let alone the fact that probably 90+ percent of the board hasn't either.

You used to be a lot more witty with your attacks. You're gotten lazy and fatter.
    So you never served. Got it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To which Republicans do Constantly....
    Show some examples of classified information being stored on unsecured servers by the GOP.

Now you have two tasks since you keep making these baseless claims:

1. List the muslim countries that built the US
    2. Show that confidential/classified information is being transmitted from and stored on unsecured servers by the GOP.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Have any of the limousine liberals itt ever lived/worked in the Middle East tbh? Another case of the uninformed championing people they truly know nothing about
    I think people assume Muslims in the middle east are similar to the Muslims they know in America who are largely secular.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    No emails are not the same as banning Muslims, which plenty of Trump aides use unsecured email servers for personal use...
    Bill Clinton turned away refugees from Haiti during his administration. More specifically, he had them sent to Gitmo and then deported back to Haiti from there:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...a97_story.html

When Bill was governor of Arkansas, he begged Carter to do the same thing with Cuban refugees. After being flatly rejected, he finally agreed to take in 20,000 refugees under the condition that they were kept interned at a military base:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...intons-career/

I don't recall any outrage from Hillary over either of these incidents. Nor have I ever seen any outrage from supporters of the Clintons. Why is it okay for the Clintons to police our borders but a conservative who does it is "racist" and "fascist"?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have any of the limousine liberals itt ever lived/worked in the Middle East tbh? Another case of the uninformed championing people they truly know nothing about
    the pre nov 16 elitist democratic meltdowns threatening to leave to demographically uniform (read: white) countries with high median incomes and vastly stricter immigration vetting

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Its a ban and he himself called it a ban. So what would you call revoking visas?
    I don't care what he calls it. I care about the actual policies put into place by the executive order. Calling it a "Muslim ban" doesn't change the fact that it's a temporary pause that doesn't even affect most Muslim-majority countries.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    This refugee thing is a losing battle for the left, tbh. America doesn't want to open the flood gates for refugees the way Germany has, and I know plenty of liberals (myself included) who agree with that.

The left should focus on issues that Americans actually agree with rather than continuing to try and win muh culture war. All of this effort would be much better if it was focused on calling Trump out for the financial industry dergulation he wants.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    I don't care what he calls it. I care about the actual policies put into place by the executive order. Calling it a "Muslim ban" doesn't change the fact that it's a temporary pause that doesn't even affect most Muslim-majority countries.
    It should not affect any. Oh and Pence disagrees with you.

trump s

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    It should not affect any.
    You're right. Open borders have been a huge success for Europe, after all.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Show some examples of classified information being stored on unsecured servers by the GOP.

Now you have two tasks since you keep making these baseless claims:

1. List the muslim countries that built the US
    2. Show that confidential/classified information is being transmitted from and stored on unsecured servers by the GOP.

I think people assume Muslims in the middle east are similar to the Muslims they know in America who are largely secular.
    They don't have a word for secular over there. Erbil was the only place I felt like I wasn't gonna get snackbar'd tbh.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    CN

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As if it did not take multiple subpoenas over near a dozen investigations for the alleged classified material to come to light. It started when the word of the nonsecured server came to light in a Benghazi hearing. Same level of information we have now and the outrage started right from the start.

Acting like two years of investigation is the same as it stands before any investigation is done.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Because if you build the wall near Mexico they can't just come around.

Like you still won't have homegrown terrorists.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    It doesn't help that one of his acolytes, Gulliani like the ungraceful idiot that he is flat out stated explcitly that Trump went to him and asked straight up how to implement a 'Muslim ban' legally.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This refugee thing is a losing battle for the left, tbh. America doesn't want to open the flood gates for refugees the way Germany has, and I know plenty of liberals (myself included) who agree with that.
    The alternative to this EO is not "open borders" or "opening the floodgates." We were already only letting in a very small number of refugees.

And the order goes far beyond resettlement.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I actually believe Howard Stern when he said Trump is actually mad that he won. I really think he is trying to get impeached purposely. His supporters are just so in love with the guy he does no wrong in their eyes.
    Howard Stern is a flaming liberal. He admit that he would turn on you if he didn't agree with your policies. Definitely an alterior motive there. Obviously, he is still butthurt Hillary lost.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like this ban because it lets me know which Muslim countries are evil, and which ones have Trump hotels.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Because if you build the wall near Mexico they can't just come around.
    A wall alone isn't going to stop illegal immigration, nor is anybody claiming that. But a wall is valuable as one part of a strong border security plan, as other countries (i.e. Israel, Hungary) have proven.

Like you still won't have homegrown terrorists.
    I fail to see how securing our borders somehow prevents the government from also cracking down on homegrown terrorism.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I like this ban because it lets me know which Muslim countries are evil, and which ones have Trump hotels.
    I like when people parrot this conspiracy because it lets me know who doesn't know what they're talking about.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    The alternative to this EO is not "open borders" or "opening the floodgates." We were already only letting in a very small number of refugees.

And the order goes far beyond resettlement.
    The floodgates were already being opened. We went from taking in only 36 Syrian refugees in 2013 to 105 in 2014 to 1,682 in 2015 to over 13,000 in 2016. Needless to say, that's a rapid increase in just four years. If Hillary got in, she would have gone full Merkel and opened our borders up wide.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Howard Stern is a flaming liberal. He admit that he would turn on you if he didn't agree with your policies. Definitely an alterior motive there. Obviously, he is still butthurt Hillary lost.
    Is that why when he ran he ran as a libertarian? He has repeatedly shat on Al and Tipper and Democratic FCC policy.

I guess when you are an ideological puritan different = flaming liberal.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The floodgates were already being opened. We went from taking in only 36 Syrian refugees in 2013 to 105 in 2014 to 1,682 in 2015 to over 13,000 in 2016.
    Yeah some things happened in Syria since 2013 that caused refugee numbers to increase. 13K is still a drop in the bucket. We're nowhere near Germany numbers.
    Last edited by Spurminator; 02-05-2017 at 03:09 PM.

Thread Information