Page 51 of 1660 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455611011515511051 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 41494
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mavsfan1000, if you're Christian, don't get a subsidy and don't want to pay $320 per month, I suggest joining CHM at $45 per month plus approx $9/month for Brothers' Keeper (at this level, adds $100k in coverage each year). So that'd be $225k coverage for $54 per month ($325k next year, etc. up to $1 million) - basically it's catastrophic coverage. Do a CWP (Comprehensive Wellness Panel) for $69 in December from directlabs.com and take results to an annual physical for $75 (call around and ask for cash price).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has he decided on doing that? I thought he was only using that threat as leverage in the buildup to the AHCA. If Price actually zeroed out the penalty by not enforcing it wouldn't that collapse the market right away?
    2. Remove the individual mandate's teeth

The Trump administration can't do away with the mandate requiring individuals to have health insurance on its own, but it can greatly weaken it. Doing so would be another way to seriously undermine the Affordable Care Act.

One way is through the IRS. That individual mandate is about tax incentives — fail to get insurance, and you have to pay a penalty. So to hobble Obamacare, the Trump administration can decide not to enforce that penalty.

In fact, the IRS already took a small step in that direction earlier this year. The agency said it will not reject "silent returns" — tax returns on which a person declines to say whether they have insurance.The IRS explained in a statement that this year, for the first time, the agency had been set to reject those silent returns. But Trump's January executive order on Obamacare changed that, telling the heads of executive branch offices to "waive, defer, grand exemptions from, or delay" parts of the act.

"Consistent with that, the IRS has decided to make changes that would continue to allow electronic and paper returns to be accepted for processing in instances where a taxpayer doesn't indicate their coverage status," the IRS said. "However, legislative provisions of the ACA law are still in force until changed by the Congress, and taxpayers remain required to follow the law and pay what they may owe."

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-s...e-to-obamacare

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From article above - IRS was accepting those silent returns UNDER OBAMA - so Trump is just continuing what was happening under Obama.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so you have a $50K hip replacement, go out of pocket for $50K (get a loan, maybe from a Christian "Temple money changer" bank), while waiting for the $50K check from CHM?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But it would still show up in tax returns. He's claiming it didn't for him

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so you have a $50K hip replacement, go out of pocket for $50K (get a loan, maybe from a Christian "Temple money changer" bank), while waiting for the $50K check from CHM?
    boutons, read the links - the explanation is there.

http://www.chministries.org/whattodo.aspx

http://www.chministries.org/providerinteraction.aspx

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    so.....you have to be christian.

thats not very christian.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But it would still show up in tax returns. He's claiming it didn't for him
    What I'm getting from the below is that IRS will accept/process your return if it's silent (you don't state whether you had coverage or not). I don't know what TurboTax says as dh still has not done our taxes :-( Iirc from last year, it asks you to check off which months you had coverage and you just wouldn't check any month and IRS would process even if you were silent. After it's processed, if you were later selected for audit, you would be liable for the penalty.

This year, the IRS put in place system changes that would reject tax returns during processing in instances where the taxpayer didn’t provide information related to health coverage.
    However, the Jan. 20, 2017, executive order directed federal agencies to exercise authority and discretion available to them to reduce potential burden.‎ Consistent with that, the IRS has decided to make changes that would continue to allow electronic and paper returns to be accepted for processing in instances where a taxpayer doesn’t indicate their coverage status.

However, legislative provisions of the ACA law are still in force until changed by the Congress, and taxpayers remain required to follow the law and pay what they may owe‎.

Processing silent returns means that taxpayer returns are not systemically rejected by the IRS at the time of filing, allowing the returns to be processed and minimizing burden on taxpayers, including those expecting a refund. When the IRS has questions about a tax return, taxpayers may receive follow-up questions and correspondence at a future date, after the filing process is completed‎. This is similar to how we handled this in previous years, and this reflects the normal IRS post-filing compliance procedures that we follow.

https://www.irs.gov/affordable-care-...lity-provision

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so.....you have to be christian.

thats not very christian.
    It's not insurance with a legal contract - there's a certain amount of trust involved. Members must be:

Christians living by biblical principles, including abstaining from the use of tobacco and the illegal use of drugs (1 Corinthians 6:19-20), following biblical teaching on the use of alcohol, and attending group worship regularly if health permits (Hebrews 10:25). There are no restrictions based on age, weight, geographic location or health history.

So the cost is low as tobacco, alcohol, illegal drugs, abortion, STDs, etc is avoided.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2016 was plainly an anomaly. While the wealthy are usually most likely to vote for the Republican, they didn’t this time; and while the poor are usually less likely to vote for the Republican, they were unusually supportive of Trump. And the degree to which the wealthy disdained the 2016 Republican candidate was without recent historical precedent.

So which of these had the biggest influence?

Finally, the statistical tool of regression can tease apart which had more influence on the 2016 vote: authoritarianism or symbolic racism, after controlling for education, race, ideology, and age. Moving from the 50th to the 75th percentile in the authoritarian scale made someone about 3 percent more likely to vote for Trump. The same jump on the SRS scale made someone 20 percent more likely to vote for Trump.

Racial at udes made a bigger difference in electing Trump than authoritarianism.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...t-draw7&wpmm=1
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 04-17-2017 at 12:22 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This brutal new poll shows that fewer and fewer people believe Trump’s lies

A new Gallup poll out this morning, however, strongly suggests that an increasing number of Americans just don’t believe Trump’s spin about his presidency anymore. It finds that

only 45 percent of Americans think Trump keeps his promises, down from 62 percent in February, an astonishing slide of 17 points:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2017/04/17/this-brutal-new-poll-shows-that-fewer-and-fewer-people-believe-trumps-lies/?utm_term=.4e709e98277c&wpisrc=nl_most-draw7&wpmm=1

"only 45%" ??

conned, duped dumb s, and like Trash, they are too ing ignorant and stupid to realize how ignorant they are.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 04-17-2017 at 11:53 AM.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It's not insurance with a legal contract - there's a certain amount of trust involved. Members must be:

Christians living by biblical principles, including abstaining from the use of tobacco and the illegal use of drugs (1 Corinthians 6:19-20), following biblical teaching on the use of alcohol, and attending group worship regularly if health permits (Hebrews 10:25). There are no restrictions based on age, weight, geographic location or health history.

So the cost is low as tobacco, alcohol, illegal drugs, abortion, STDs, etc is avoided.
    What about in network vs out of network? I am actually a little bit interested if this is legit and if my insurance were to ever skyrocket. They talk about promising to "negotiate" with hospitals about lowering the costs but what exactly does that mean? Some red flags are starting to go up and it seems somewhat "scam-like"

Also, for some reason I just can't get over the fact that this system will likely be abused. I'm Orthodox and I've donated my time/money to the church for years now so I have no problem with the sharing money idea. However, I don't want to give money to phyzik who will then turn around, log on to spurstalk, and talk about how dumb Christianity is. There needs to be some verification here

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

thats some crazy right there.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You can't drink alcohol? How is that biblical when Jesus was down with wine?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Christianity is just like Judaism and Mohammedism, for 1000s of years, men have added 1000s rules, not God. And you're going to if you don't comply.

ing fascists, all of them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about in network vs out of network? I am actually a little bit interested if this is legit and if my insurance were to ever skyrocket. They talk about promising to "negotiate" with hospitals about lowering the costs but what exactly does that mean? Some red flags are starting to go up and it seems somewhat "scam-like"
    It sounds like a great way to go into medical bankruptcy if you have any kind of major health crisis and not everyone who sends you a bill is willing to take whatever that fake insurance would pay out.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not only was he down with it, he waited until everyone at a wedding was hammered out of their minds and made more.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Has he decided on doing that? I thought he was only using that threat as leverage in the buildup to the AHCA. If Price actually zeroed out the penalty by not enforcing it wouldn't that collapse the market right away?
    Yes it would. The people with low healthcare costs would drop their plan since they don't need to pay a penalty and the insurance companies would pull out of the marketplace since the only people left using the marketplace would be people who need the healthcare.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Slave state Price can do tremendous damage to, even destroy, ACA without Congress involved.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think they consider (watered-down) wine as alcohol - more like a necessity for cleanliness. It's more likely imbibing/abuse of alcohol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I'm getting from the below is that IRS will accept/process your return if it's silent (you don't state whether you had coverage or not). I don't know what TurboTax says as dh still has not done our taxes :-( Iirc from last year, it asks you to check off which months you had coverage and you just wouldn't check any month and IRS would process even if you were silent. After it's processed, if you were later selected for audit, you would be liable for the penalty.

This year, the IRS put in place system changes that would reject tax returns during processing in instances where the taxpayer didn’t provide information related to health coverage.
    However, the Jan. 20, 2017, executive order directed federal agencies to exercise authority and discretion available to them to reduce potential burden.‎ Consistent with that, the IRS has decided to make changes that would continue to allow electronic and paper returns to be accepted for processing in instances where a taxpayer doesn’t indicate their coverage status.

However, legislative provisions of the ACA law are still in force until changed by the Congress, and taxpayers remain required to follow the law and pay what they may owe‎.

Processing silent returns means that taxpayer returns are not systemically rejected by the IRS at the time of filing, allowing the returns to be processed and minimizing burden on taxpayers, including those expecting a refund. When the IRS has questions about a tax return, taxpayers may receive follow-up questions and correspondence at a future date, after the filing process is completed‎. This is similar to how we handled this in previous years, and this reflects the normal IRS post-filing compliance procedures that we follow.

https://www.irs.gov/affordable-care-...lity-provision
    Yeah well if it's just a continuation of an Obama policy then it makes no sense to say he saved money "because of trump"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Also, for some reason I just can't get over the fact that this system will likely be abused. I'm Orthodox and I've donated my time/money to the church for years now so I have no problem with the sharing money idea. However, I don't want to give money to phyzik who will then turn around, log on to spurstalk, and talk about how dumb Christianity is. There needs to be some verification here
    There is no "in network" - you can go to any doctor or hospital. What is important is negotiating the discount - CHM discourages paying (too much) up front - as then there's no need for provider to negotiate (they'll help you negotiate). For CHM, they ask for your church's name and pastor (I don't know if they verify) on the application. I guess some non-Christian could apply and take a chance they won't verify but CHM also won't pay for abortion, STD/AIDS/HIV through non-marital relationship/non-christian behavior.

What I really like about CHM is the 3 levels and you can switch between levels. CHM only covers pre-existings for $15k, $25k or $50k for 1st, 2nd or 3rd years. After 3rd year, pre-existings go away. My dh has major pre-existings (heart) so I maintain $45/month bronze level for him to pass the 3 year pre-existing threshold. If he loses his job/insurance, he'd switch from bronze to Gold level. Obamacare (or Cobra) is crazy expensive at his age.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Slave state Price can do tremendous damage to, even destroy, ACA without Congress involved.
    True, but then he'd have to deal with the wrath of the insurance companies that elect our government.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no "in network" - you can go to any doctor or hospital. What is important is negotiating the discount - CHM discourages paying (too much) up front - as then there's no need for provider to negotiate (they'll help you negotiate). For CHM, they ask for your church's name and pastor (I don't know if they verify) on the application. I guess some non-Christian could apply and take a chance they won't verify but CHM also won't pay for abortion, STD/AIDS/HIV through non-marital relationship/non-christian behavior.
    What happens when you get to someone who won't negotiate and sues you?

Thread Information