Page 52 of 1660 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556621021525521052 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 41494
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What happens when you get to someone who won't negotiate and sues you?
    Guys, please read for yourselves:

http://www.chministries.org/whattodo.aspx

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That really doesn't say a whole lot besides get treatment first and try to negotiate and hope you get a discount and reimbursement. Have you actually filed claims and been reimbursed?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're the one pushing that as a viable insurance replacement. Your burden of proof.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That really doesn't say a whole lot besides get treatment first and try to negotiate and hope you get a discount and reimbursement. Have you actually filed claims and been reimbursed?
    If it is non-emergency, you can comparison shop and choose the lowest price/value. This is where the greatest savings would be.

If it's an emergency (major accident/heart attack/stroke), the hospitals have to take you. After, you (or your spouse/family member and CHM) can try to negotiate for discount - regardless, of whether you get a discount or not, CHM should pay up. As I said earlier, it requires some degree of trust - there's no legal insurance contract. If non-critical emergency, go to urgent care.

No, I have not personally filed claims and been reimbursed - we were on it for the 5 months dh was out of work and he still has the bronze level as described earlier - we used it (gold level) mostly as catastrophic coverage - at $459/month still a lot cheaper than Obamacare or COBRA for family of 5.

Can I say again how much I hate Obamacare - test for dh's portion of healthcare affordability is 9.5% of household income - does not take into account the cost for the other 4 of us.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    "try to negotiate" lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mavsfan1000, if you're Christian, don't get a subsidy and don't want to pay $320 per month, I suggest joining CHM at $45 per month plus approx $9/month for Brothers' Keeper (at this level, adds $100k in coverage each year). So that'd be $225k coverage for $54 per month ($325k next year, etc. up to $1 million) - basically it's catastrophic coverage. Do a CWP (Comprehensive Wellness Panel) for $69 in December from directlabs.com and take results to an annual physical for $75 (call around and ask for cash price).
    BB, I think that I was quite clear that my suggestion is for CHRISTIANS - which doesn't include you. I'm not going to reply to every single scenario you guys dream up when you cannot participate. You can read just as well or better than I can. If you're interested in another model, read the website or call them yourself. Look, it's another option that some Christians might be interested in. As with everything, research and buyer beware.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    do you get an extra discount if you're a phobic christian?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "try to negotiate" lol
    like it's any worse than when you get an invoice from the insurance company with charge, insurance discount, insurance paid and PATIENT OWES $x.xx - after you thought you already paid the copay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BB, I think that I was quite clear that my suggestion is for CHRISTIANS - which doesn't include you. I'm not going to reply to every single scenario you guys dream up when you cannot participate. You can read just as well or better than I can. If you're interested in another model, read the website or call them yourself. Look, it's another option that some Christians might be interested in. As with everything, research and buyer beware.
    You're not going to defend the scenario when a medical provider doesn't negotiate? That's pretty standard when out of network.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are Muslims forbidden from using this Christian insurance company?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are Muslims forbidden from using this Christian insurance company?
    It's not an insurance company. And it seems like something that would be useless for anyone who has any kind of money. It sounds more like a group that tries to strongarm medical providers into taking rates that were never negotiated for before-hand because they can say "hey have fun suing my broke ass client who doesn't have you can take." And for people who don't have much money the ACA already steps in with pretty generous subsidies, so what's the use of this? Anyone who has money and is on this fake Christian insurance could just get sued and have assets seized when the medical provider has no incentive to negotiate a price down for care already administered.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it is non-emergency, you can comparison shop and choose the lowest price/value. This is where the greatest savings would be.

If it's an emergency (major accident/heart attack/stroke), the hospitals have to take you. After, you (or your spouse/family member and CHM) can try to negotiate for discount - regardless, of whether you get a discount or not, CHM should pay up. As I said earlier, it requires some degree of trust - there's no legal insurance contract. If non-critical emergency, go to urgent care.

No, I have not personally filed claims and been reimbursed - we were on it for the 5 months dh was out of work and he still has the bronze level as described earlier - we used it (gold level) mostly as catastrophic coverage - at $459/month still a lot cheaper than Obamacare or COBRA for family of 5.

Can I say again how much I hate Obamacare - test for dh's portion of healthcare affordability is 9.5% of household income - does not take into account the cost for the other 4 of us.
    I just don't see how you could recommend this to anyone in good faith if you've never tried to actually use it.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    This actually sounds like a great business idea. You can always find a reason not to pay out (personal responsibility, you didn't correctly negotiate, etc.), all the while you're charging bull premiums to people who think they're getting wholesome, family values insurance.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    This actually sounds like a great business idea. You can always find a reason not to pay out (personal responsibility, you didn't correctly negotiate, etc.), all the while you're charging bull premiums to people who think they're getting wholesome, family values insurance.
    so its just another invisible product from the church.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just don't see how you could recommend this to anyone in good faith if you've never tried to actually use it.
    My entire family has been members. My dh is currently a member (to reach the 3 year pre-existing threshold but has concurrent employer sponsored health insurance that he uses). Do you see that it is basically catastrophic coverage with you footing routine/maintenance health costs like annual physical, flu visit, etc. In my case, CHM would cover any incident costing more than $500 per year. So, if during the 5 months that we were on CHM, we didn't have any incident over $500 that it would not be "used" - that does NOT mean that we didn't have coverage had any incident happened. Did I not say that it involved some degree of trust - that there was no legal contract - one is contributing (like my husband is) to the pool trusting that if something happens, you will also be reimbursed. If you do not wish to place that trust after researching it, don't. It is as I said - another option that offers some coverage at a reasonable cost.

When my dh reaches his 3 year threshold, then we will make a decision as to whether to switch the family back to CHM depending on what happens to Obamacare, whether he decides to retire early, if he gets laid off again, etc - who knows what the future holds but we will have options rather than being forced to work until Medicare age or pay Obamacare/COBRA rates if he is laid off.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not an insurance company. And it seems like something that would be useless for anyone who has any kind of money. It sounds more like a group that tries to strongarm medical providers into taking rates that were never negotiated for before-hand because they can say "hey have fun suing my broke ass client who doesn't have you can take." And for people who don't have much money the ACA already steps in with pretty generous subsidies, so what's the use of this? Anyone who has money and is on this fake Christian insurance could just get sued and have assets seized when the medical provider has no incentive to negotiate a price down for care already administered.
    You're not reading carefully - I did tell mavsfan1000, if he DIDN'T qualify for subsidy - yes, this does not make sense for someone who qualifies for subsidies. Some do contribute just to help out fellow Christians with their medical bills. It doesn't make sense for a Warren Buffett, Bill Gates, etc. who can self-insure but for someone with some assets to protect who loses employer-sponsored insurance, it makes sense temporarily until he finds another job or retires before Medicare. It protects against catastrophe and you pay out of pocket for annual/sick visits. Where is the suing? CHM will pay for submitted bills over program deductible. Financial gifts are placed into a Member Escrow Account, which undergoes an annual, independent audit.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    or take that money and buy lottery tickets.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash LIES that his approval rating is 50%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/11/u...cal-bills.html

Upon joining, members waive their right to sue, and in the case of Samaritan, appeals panels of randomly selected members are supposed to settle disputes. Mr. Lansberry said that such panels had been convened only four times since Samaritan’s founding in 1994, and that the group had never been the subject of complaints to state attorneys general or insurance commissioners.

The insurance commissioner in Washington State did try to stop Samaritan from operating in 2011, saying it was selling “unauthorized insurance,” but the state Legislature passed a law explicitly exempting health care sharing ministries from regulations.

Insurance commissioners in Kentucky and Oklahoma had tried to block Medi-Share, the Florida-based ministry, but were thwarted when their legislatures also passed protection laws.

In 2001, Ohio’s attorney general sued one ministry — known then as the Christian Brotherhood Newsletter, and now as Christian Healthcare Ministries — ultimately forcing its leaders to repay $15 million they had spent on homes, vehicles and excessive salaries out of the fund where members had sent payments.

Members have filed a handful of lawsuits against Medi-Share after bills they had expected to be covered were not. The cases were settled out of court. While the health law requires the ministries to submit to annual independent audits, critics question whether that safeguard is sufficient.

“Our message has consistently been that this is not a health insurance product that we regulate, so buyer beware,” said Nick Gerhart, the insurance commissioner in Iowa. “A premature baby could cost $1 million pretty easily, so it wouldn’t take very many of those to put a significant strain on any group, let alone an unregulated group like this.”

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Upon joining, members waive their right to sue, and in the case of Samaritan, appeals panels of randomly selected members are supposed to settle disputes. Mr. Lansberry said that such panels had been convened only four times since Samaritan’s founding in 1994, and that the group had never been the subject of complaints to state attorneys general or insurance commissioners.

The insurance commissioner in Washington State did try to stop Samaritan from operating in 2011, saying it was selling “unauthorized insurance,” but the state Legislature passed a law explicitly exempting health care sharing ministries from regulations.

Insurance commissioners in Kentucky and Oklahoma had tried to block Medi-Share, the Florida-based ministry, but were thwarted when their legislatures also passed protection laws.

In 2001, Ohio’s attorney general sued one ministry — known then as the Christian Brotherhood Newsletter, and now as Christian Healthcare Ministries — ultimately forcing its leaders to repay $15 million they had spent on homes, vehicles and excessive salaries out of the fund where members had sent payments.

Members have filed a handful of lawsuits against Medi-Share after bills they had expected to be covered were not. The cases were settled out of court. While the health law requires the ministries to submit to annual independent audits, critics question whether that safeguard is sufficient.

“Our message has consistently been that this is not a health insurance product that we regulate, so buyer beware,” said Nick Gerhart, the insurance commissioner in Iowa. “A premature baby could cost $1 million pretty easily, so it wouldn’t take very many of those to put a significant strain on any group, let alone an unregulated group like this.”

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For people who are so against Big Insurance to mock ordinary people grouping together on their own to form a solution to health care costs is strange. You would think that you'd be celebrating the little guys participating in a group that's lasted since 1981. And yes, premature babies would put a strain on any group but I would put money betting that the health of CHM's members (who try to follow "your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit") is better than that of the drinking, smoking, drug-using, promiscuous general population out there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For people who are so against Big Insurance to mock ordinary people grouping together on their own to form a solution to health care costs is strange. You would think that you'd be celebrating the little guys participating in a group that's lasted since 1981. And yes, premature babies would put a strain on any group but I would put money betting that the health of CHM's members (who try to follow "your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit") is better than that of the drinking, smoking, drug-using, promiscuous general population out there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has this been posted yet?

Having to have your immigrant wife remind you to raise your hand. Embarrassing stuff from the American First got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Well , it looks like these assholes beat me to it

Thread Information