Page 574 of 1660 FirstFirst ... 7447452456457057157257357457557657757858462467410741574 ... LastLast
Results 14,326 to 14,350 of 41496
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the best of all possible economies, cash is king.

This year will be the first year since 1994 where three-month Treasury bills outperform both the S&P 500 and the U.S. 10-year bond, according to Charlie Bilello at Pension Partners in New York.
    https://www.streetinsider.com/Fed/He.../14927948.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The signs are mounting: Trump has been badly weakened. It will get worse for him.

it’s not even clear that Trump has sufficient Republican support to get his wall money out of Congress.

Republicans aren’t even sure that this funding would pass the House,

because many Republicans who were defeated in the midterms might not bother showing up to vote for it.

Miller vowed that precisely this same contrast on immigration would prove potent for Republicans.

They ran the most virulently xenophobic nationalist campaign in memory — and lost the House by the largest raw-vote margin in midterm elections history.

the real story right now is that Trump is weakened.

He lacks leverage in the shutdown fight, and it’s plausible that

he’s losing influence over congressional Republicans.

Yet a new NBC News poll demonstrates with remarkable clarity that Trump is decisively losing that argument. It finds that

62 percent of Americans think Trump has not told the truth about the Mueller investigation,

a huge majority understands that Trump’s been lying his head off about it.

Half say Mueller’s investigation has given them more doubts about the Trump presidency.

And 55 percent support Democrats opening “a number of investigations” into the administration —

and, crucially,
    into Trump himself.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2018/12/17/signs-are-mounting-trump-has-been-badly-weakened-it-will-get-worse-him/?utm_term=.906684e3b6bc&wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1

Trash and his mafiya are so ed

Last edited by boutons_deux; 12-17-2018 at 03:27 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Demands Stop To Emoluments Case As State AGs Subpoena 38 Witnesses

Warning that attorneys general from Maryland and DC have sent 38 subpoenas to third parties,

Justice Department attorneys argue that

the court needs to halt the lawsuit at the district court level

before do ents from those subpoenas are returned by a January 3 deadline.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckra...0%28TPMNews%29
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 12-17-2018 at 04:14 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    only people who seem to care about celebrity opinions are triggered conservatives tbh

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump President, not Alec Baldwin

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please pay no attention to the daily hysterical meltdowns by the Commander in Chief and check out what this other celebrity said...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cabinet Warns Trump That Shutting Down Government Would Make It Harder to Steal From

WASHINGTON —In a tense meeting on Monday, leading Cabinet members warned Donald J. Trump that shutting down the federal government would make it exponentially harder for them to steal from.

Led by his Treasury Secretary, Steven Mnuchin, the Cabinet members begged Trump to prevent

a government showdown that would bring their brazen spree of pillaging the nation’s coffers to a screeching halt.

“Mr. President, with the federal government up and running, I was able to take seven trips on military aircraft at a cost of eight hundred thousand dollars,”

Mnuchin said. “I implore you, sir: don’t make me fly coach.”

Trump’s three oldest children, Ivanka, Eric, and Don, Jr., who have piled up impressive taxpayer-funded travel bills of their own, chimed in with an emotional plea to their father.

“Daddy, please don’t make us stop plundering government money,” Ivanka said. “Not right before Christmas.”

The normally taciturn Housing and Urban Development Secretary, Ben Carson, also spoke up, warning that a government shutdown would make it impossible for him to accessorize his thirty-one-thousand-dollar dining-room set by purchasing seven-thousand-dollar place mats. “I’d really like those,” he said.

According to Kellyanne Conway, the counsellor to the President, the emotional Cabinet meeting had a profound impact on Trump.

“For the first time he saw how a government shutdown would hurt people,” Conway said.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/cabinet-warns-trump-that-shutting-down-government-would-make-it-harder-to-steal-from

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As shutdown looms, House Republicans decline to show up for votes

Trump has blamed Democrats for a possible shutdown, but members of his own party are inadvertently slowing his efforts.

With just days left before a possible partial government shutdown, a number of retiring House Republicans have been failing to show up for votes in the weeks since the midterms,

Trump has repeatedly blamed Democrats for refusing to support funding for the wall — even as his own party has acted inadvertently to stymie efforts and slow the process.

even if Trump ultimately agrees to a package that will avoid a shutdown, the fact that

many retiring Republicans are simply not showing up for votes means GOP House leadership doesn’t know if they will have the votes to pass it.

https://thinkprogress.org/shutdown-g...-e6de6a5e26b3/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Former National Equirer editor claims the tabloid has unpublished ‘embarrassing’ and ‘criminal’ stories on Trump family

Jerry George spent over a quarter century working for the publication, which is owned by American Media, Inc. and David Pecker.

“Do you know what any of them are?” Melber asked.

“I know some of them and there are stories involving, of course, the Trump-Kushner family,

there are stories of, you know, sibling rivalry with the children, back-biting, discord with his wife,”

would you characterize them as merely embarrassing, if you will, or do any of them rise to the level of being potentially criminal?” Melber asked.

“Well, actually both,” George replied.

“They’re certainly embarrassing and then

when you get involved with the actions of his children, including his daughter and son-in-law, we’re getting closer to criminal activity.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/12/for...e+Raw+Story%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mounting legal threats surround Trump as nearly every organization he has led is under investigation

https://rewire.news/article/2018/12/...his-own-words/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Wrong About Poverty ‘Record’

The U.S. Census Bureau officially estimates that close to 1 million fewer people were in poverty in 2017 compared with 2016.

Trash called the decline “a record,” but it’s not.

The drop in the number of people in poverty was larger in 2016 (an estimated 2.5 million fewer people) and

in 2015 (3.5 million).

The largest estimated decline was nearly 4.7 million people in 1966.

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/12/tr...overty-record/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s Tax Returns Will Be Released In February

Jonathan Alter said that Donald Trump’s tax returns will be in the hands of House Democrats and released by February.

During a discussion about whether or not Trump will be primaried by Republicans, Alter said,

“The taxes will be out in February of this coming year. We’re going to see them real soon.”

https://www.politicususa.com/2018/12...iticus+USA+%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top chief of staff pick told Trump they’d need $500K in legal defense fees to combat legal ‘exposure’

Daily Beast columnist Margaret Carlson began her Monday evening MSNBC appearance pointing out

how “bad” Donald Trump’s staff must be if they didn’t warn him

that
    Nick Ayers, Vice President Mike Pence’s outgoing chief of staff and the president’s top pick for his own, didn’t commit to two years in the role.

Trump also needs better lawyers — but attorneys like former Bush administration

Solicitor General Ted Olson and white-collar defense counsel Brendan Sullivan won’t have him.

“One of the best people who would have been chief of staff, whom I can’t name, actually said,

‘It’s going to cost me $500,000 in legal fees if I go into the White House,” Carlson said.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/12/top...e+Raw+Story%29

Last edited by boutons_deux; 12-18-2018 at 06:09 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Market Facilitation Payments"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOl its welfare homey stop being all Politically Correct. Remember political correctness is bad now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    imagine how "poorly educated" you got to be to try and make a distinction between "Market Facilitation Payments" and welfare

oop ducks viewing thread we might be about to find out

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Joy To The World

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Mueller the bum

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

No apology to Bin Laden?

Baldwin the hateful bigot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember, you had a thug tat artist - lay you on your "tummy" - work on the back of your calves drawing designs on you which you actually asked and paid some thug to do on your backside -

and you are projecting on someone else that they dress like a girl?

I'm just sayin' bruh -

you got issues!

thugs? lmao!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Thinks He’s Still Winning on Immigration

Never mind what the election results say.

President Trump and his Republican supporters are still screaming about

so-called border security,

demonizing migrants,

unleashing tear gas on asylum-seekers and

demanding billions in taxpayer money for a wall.

It’s as though Mr. Trump continues to see himself descending that escalator in 2015 to bash Mexican immigrants.

In 2018, this was a recipe for losing the House.

The new showdown over the $5 billion border wall is likely to further alienate Mr. Trump from a majority of Americans.

Mr. Trump and the Republican Party charted out a campaign strategy that focused heavily on stoking fears about immigrants.

Their closing argument couldn’t have been clearer.

Republicans were blaring racist statements and ominous images of immigrants, calling them murderers, rapists and invaders.

They hoped these ads, run by Republican candidates up and down the ticket, would resonate with white Americans who would save their House majority.

But it didn’t work. Enough whites did not feel motivated by Mr. Trump’s immigrant bashing to vote for Republicans.

On the other hand, millions of Latinos, African-Americans and Asian-Americans were motivated by it to vote for Democrats.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/18/o...er=rss&emc=rss

Trash and Repugs don't realize, can't realize that their racist, xenophobic, misogynist, hate- and paranoia-obsessed base is a minority, and only Pootin, voter suppression, gerrymandering, oligarchy's $Bs give the anti-democratic, anti-American Repugs any power at all.

And of course, the fascist Repug power grabs in NC, WI, MI prove Repugs and the oligarchy want a one-party authoritarian hegemony.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another HUGE WIN for one of Team Trash's leading rat ers

Roger Stone Admits To Lying On Infowars, Must Publicly Apologize

The former Trump adviser’s retractions will run on social media and as ads in multiple newspapers.

settled a defamation suit on Monday, agreeing to publicly apologize for publishing false information on the right-wing conspiracy site Infowars.

The settlement, first reported by The Wall Street Journal,

marks the culmination of a $100 million lawsuit filed against Stone by Chinese businessman Guo Wengui,

a vocal critic of Beijing whom Stone, a contributor to Infowars,

falsely claimed had been convicted of financial crimes by donating

to 2016 Democratic presidential nominee
    Hillary Clinton and former Trump senior adviser Steve Bannon.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...gEmail__181218

Thread Information