Page 714 of 1661 FirstFirst ... 2146146647047107117127137147157167177187247648141214 ... LastLast
Results 17,826 to 17,850 of 41518
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Liberal filmmaker Michael Moore admitted the chances of President Donald Trump winning another term in office are promising.

Reacting to Trump's 2020 campaign kickoff rally this week, Moore wrote on Twitter that Trump's base appears as strong as ever.

"I watched the whole thing last night. I know no one wants to waste that kind of time even looking at him, but not wanting to see the enormity of the fight ahead doesn't make it go away. He hasn't lost one inch of his fired-up insane base. Are u ready?"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well yeah, we're a country full of idiots like ducks and Chris. Of course Trump has a good chance to win again

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Intellectual Origins of the Trump Presidency and the Construction of Contemporary American Politics

The intellectual roots that have made the Trump presidency possible are trifold:

The American Political Science Association’s (APSA) advocacy for strong political parties;

Neo-conservative unitary executive cons utional scholarship; and

Nietzschean-Postmodern journalistic theories denying the validity of objective truth.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2019/06/20/the-intellectual-origins-of-the-trump-presidency-and-the-construction-of-contemporary-american-politics/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump's campaign manager blackballs all polls, calling them 'too complex'

Trump's campaign manager is declaring all polls "the biggest joke in politics."

“The country is too complex now just to call a couple hundred people and ask them what they think," campaign manager Brad Parscale told CBS

why it was so wrong in 2016. It was 100 percent wrong. Nobody got it right. Not one public poll,”

Actually, the

national polling pretty accurately predicted the popular vote count

, which ultimately favored Hillary Clinton by nearly 3 million votes.

the polling in 2018 turned in
    some pretty accurate (though not perfect) resultsregarding Democratic pickups in the House and the Republicans maintaining control of the Senate.

Trump’s inability to accept any reality in which he's unpopular—

the very same reason

he can't admit that Russia intervened on his behalf in 2016 and

Hillary Clinton trounced him in the popular vote.

But as ludicrous as Parscale's comments are,

they also reflect the campaign's basic approach to winning reelection.

They are simply not trying to appeal to anyone outside of Trump's rage-filled base.

What Trump's campaign aims to do is to find and mobilize voters who perhaps haven't voted in decades—or even ever—because they are so disgusted with the system.

Parscale's comments are both a convenient way to

dismiss what the polls are reflecting back to Trump and

a telling reminder of how Trump's campaign plans to navigate the 2020 cycle.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...tail=emaildkre

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well yeah, we're a country full of idiots like ducks and Chris. Of course Trump has a good chance to win again
    It's a matter of question. Did the people who voted for the re regret it or not.

Given that he only won the presidency on the backs of disaffected voters in blue states, his chances of re-election are grim. Unless these same people double down on re ation then he has a good shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a matter of question. Did the people who voted for the re regret it or not.

Given that he only won the presidency on the backs of disaffected voters in blue states, his chances of re-election are grim. Unless these same people double down on re ation then he has a good shot.
    I can totally see a lot of the same people doubling down on re

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Prepare for the worst, the advantages of in bency are considerable.

By any reasonable gloss, DJT has a good shot at reelection.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can totally see a lot of the same people doubling down on re
    and more who didn't participate at all in 2016! get ready for a huge upset but yall are already used to that. still crying 2+ yrs later though you sore ing losers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and more who didn't participate at all in 2016! get ready for a huge upset but yall are already used to that. still crying 2+ yrs later though you sore ing losers.
    You're in Texas. Your vote counts for .

I'm in New York..my vote doesn't count for much either. General elections aren't won in places like New York or Texas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm in New York
    That explains a lot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Liberal filmmaker Michael Moore admitted the chances of President Donald Trump winning another term in office are promising.

Reacting to Trump's 2020 campaign kickoff rally this week, Moore wrote on Twitter that Trump's base appears as strong as ever.

"I watched the whole thing last night. I know no one wants to waste that kind of time even looking at him, but not wanting to see the enormity of the fight ahead doesn't make it go away. He hasn't lost one inch of his fired-up insane base. Are u ready?"
    I'd like to hear Moore's take on Trump's chances in the Rust Belt - he was pretty spot on last time around. Here in FL, De Santis is surprisingly popular and Trump is not an unknown (as president) VS felons who've completed their sentences, Puerto Ricans who moved to FL and the young. I think that it goes Dem if Biden is the nominee and Rep if it's someone progressive.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That explains a lot.
    You already knew where I was from so dont act surprise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You already knew where I was from so dont act surprise.
    lol no I didn't

It's true I'm not surprised tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TRUMP in the Oval Office today: “I want to get out of these endless wars. I campaigned on that. I want to get out. We’ve been in Afghanistan for 19 years. As you know, we’ve reduced very substantially in Afghanistan.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still shielding 2+ years later

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TRUMP in the Oval Office today: “I want to get out of these endless wars. I campaigned on that. I want to get out. We’ve been in Afghanistan for 19 years. As you know, we’ve reduced very substantially in Afghanistan.”
    Reduced what?

Troop levels?

Rate.of.bombing?

Can you quantify the reduction in Afghanistan, Chris, or do you just mindlessly repeat whatever DJT says without checking?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol magpie Chris

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh yeah, atheists are running the country

no open atheists have ever been elected to congress

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only elects from Congress "can run the country" according to non-sequitur Philo

Didn't watch the video

Atheist snark

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only elects from Congress "can run the country" according to non-sequitur Philo

Didn't watch the video

Atheist snark
    only congress can write laws

i did watch the video

fake christian snark

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one knows what Trump truly believes in. It certainly isn't God if we're going by his actions throughout his rotten life.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump threatened Time reporter with prison — and then griped about never being named Man of the Year

President Donald Trump threatened a reporter with prison after a photographer tried to snap a photo of his letter from Kim Jong Un.

According to a transcript of his interview with Time‘s Brian Bennett, the president asked to go off the record to show off the letter.

When the magazine’s photographer tried to take a picture of it, Trump became enraged.

“Excuse me —
    under Section II — well, you can go to prison instead, because, if you use, if you use the photograph you took of the letter that I gave you,” Trump said, according to the transcript.

“Confidentially, I didn’t give it to you to take photographs of it,” he said. “So don’t play that game with me. Let me just tell you something. "

You can’t do that stuff. So go have fun with your story, because

I’m sure it will be the 28th horrible story I have in Time Magazine because I never — I mean — ha.

It’s incredible. With all I’ve done and the success I’ve had, the way that Time Magazine writes is absolutely incredible.”

“With all I’ve done, with the tremendous success I’ve had,

that Time Magazine writes about me the way they write is a disgrace, okay?” he added. “Let’s face it, it’s a disgrace.

And some day within the next 20 years, maybe you’ll pick me as Man of the Year. Okay, big deal.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/06/trump-threatened-time-reporter-with-prison-and-then-griped-about-never-being-named-man-of-the-year/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=373&rec ip_id=298460&list_id=1

Holy , Trash is one sick mother er

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pentagon is in ‘chaos’ as ‘incoherent’ Trump lurches towards war: Armed Forces Committee Dem

“So as of 7:00 last night, the planes were in the air,” Berman detailed.

“As of 8:00, the attack was called off.

What message does that send to you and to the world about the coherence of the Trump administration’s policies toward Iran?”

“I don’t think there’s any coherence,” Peters replied.

“We don’t have a strategy to deal with this escalation from the administration.

Of course the Department of Defense is in chaos right now —

we have an acting secretary going to another acting secretary and many of the key positions aren’t filled.”

“It’s difficult to engage in these kinds of actions if you don’t have coordinating leadership and permanent leadership,” he added.

“You can’t do it when the department is in chaos and you’re not engaging your allies.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/06/pen...m_campaign=373

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘Projection of incompetence’: Experts warn Trump administration out of control

reporting reveals many disturbing facts, leading to one unmistakeable conclusion: this is a White House out of control, with a Commander-in-Chief not in charge.

for example, at this disturbing report from CNN’s Alexander Marquardt, a Senior National Correspondent focusing on National Security. He makes clear

Trump’s not the one calling the shots, and is only making decisions to fend off internal bickering and power plays in his administration

Alexander Marquardt
    ✔@MarquardtA

Sr WH official tells me it's Bolton vs Trump on how to proceed on Iran.

Trump does not want conflict.

Pompeo, Pence, Esper are “swing votes.”

Pompeo is "a triangulator," source tells
    @MichLKosinski,

"the goal is re-establishing deterrence, but that is still very risky.”

3:19 PM - Jun 20, 2019

=======================

Zachary Keck
    ✔@ZacharyKeck

Not the most important thing right now but

why is CIA Director Haspel recommending policy options

according to NYT report.

Aren’t intelligence agencies not supposed to wade into policy.
    https://twitter.com/fmkaplan/status/1141863935756460032 …

Fred Kaplan@fmkaplan
    This is BS. This isn’t SCOTUS, there’s no such thing as a “swing vote.”

Whatever he does, it’s Trump’s decision and he has to own it.

https://twitter.com/marquardta/status/1141802696304975873

11:27 PM - Jun 20, 2019

===========

A professor at the U.S. Naval War College who is an expert on Russia, nuclear weapons, and national security affairs sums up what’s going on:

Tom Nichols
    ✔@RadioFreeTom

No benefit of the doubt here, especially after he was warned off by Putin.

But I'd rather two more years of humiliation than a pointless war led by

a CinC who is in over his head,

has alienated our allies,

surrounded by Actings and temporaries,

and has no idea what he is doing.

https://twitter.com/BradMossEsq/status/1141910866574618626 …

=======

Bradley P. Moss
    ✔@BradMossEsq

I want to give the president the benefit of the doubt here. He is still the president.

I want to believe he didn't simply blink out of fear or indecision here.

Please let there be more to this than him choking.

Even Carter didn't choke that badly in comparison.

Then there’s this warning from former Deputy National Security Advisor Ben Rhodes:

=================

Ben Rhodes
    ✔@brhodes

This is precisely why politics isn’t a game,

diplomatic agreements should be honored, and

temperament, intellect and judgement are what matters in who is President.

It should never have come to this.

10:35 PM - Jun 20, 2019

============

David Jolly
    ✔@DavidJollyFL

There's absolutely nothing about this aborted Iran strike that looks good on the world stage tonight.

Nothing.

Nothing strategic.

Nothing geopolitically advantageous.

Nothing reflecting well on US political leaders.

Nothing reassuring to allies.

Only a projection of incompetence.

10:41 PM - Jun 20, 2019

Here’s a professor of international relations, political scientist, and journalist:
    David Rothkopf
    ✔@djrothkopf

Even though Trump blinked re: Iran--

--the situation remains very dangerous and prone to accidental escalation and/or spinning out of control.

4:25 AM - Jun 21, 2019

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/06/projection-of-incompetence-white-house-out-of-control-commander-in-chief-not-in-charge-experts-speak-out/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=373

Thread Information