Page 820 of 1660 FirstFirst ... 3207207708108168178188198208218228238248308709201320 ... LastLast
Results 20,476 to 20,500 of 41496
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Americans Envious That Tiffany Trump Never Hears from Dad

WASHINGTON —Millions of Americans envy Tiffany Trump for never hearing from her father, a new poll reveals.
    According to the poll, conducted by the University of Minnesota’s Opinion Research Ins ute,

Tiffany Trump’s unique placement beyond the reach of her father’s voice has made her the most envied woman in America.

Although Donald Trump took the extraordinary step of emitting the word “Tiffany” in remarks to reporters last week,

the rarity of that utterance only served to remind Americans of just how fortunate Tiffany was to be off her father’s radar.

“In all our years of polling, it’s highly unusual to find one person so universally envied,” Davis Logsdon, who supervised the poll, said.

“People in virtually every demographic group ‘strongly agreed’ with the statement, ‘God, I wish I were Tiffany Trump.’ ”

The poll finds Tiffany Trump sitting atop a list of the most envied women in America,

well ahead of Beyoncé, Taylor Swift, and MacKenzie Bezos, who has a net worth of thirty-five billion dollars.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/americans-envious-that-tiffany-trump-never-hears-from-dad
    Just don't start pawin' at her, bouts.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

dumberer and dumberer, every day is dumberer
    Congratulate Poland.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The white version of ducks tbh
    I was laughing then I just closed the window. ing pathetic man.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ugh, these people vote and reproduce
    I know right?!?!?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

dumberer and dumberer, every day is dumberer
    John Clawd Van Damn!! BAAAAAAHHHAAHAHA!!!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He bout bright as a burnt out light bulb

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Curious if these funds are from the Omnibus. This was predicted a long time ago if that's the case.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Curious if these funds are from the Omnibus. This was predicted a long time ago if that's the case.
    Trump hates the military.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Tell it, kw. Testify!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How Trump's new, racist campaign manager found millions to blow on lavish spending sprees

with Parscale, you can add in a healthy dose of virulent racism.

After all, he’s the one responsible for an ad
    so racist that Fox News wouldn’t air it.

He’s also behind the new Trump-Pence logo for 2020, which was
    taken directly from a white supremacist group.

He gets a nice salary of $15,000 a month;

• A $2.4 million waterfront mansion in Fort Lauderdale. According to the Daily Mail, it was paid for in cash.
    • A $78,300 BMW
    • A $146,000 Range Rover
    • Two condos worth $2 million

The mansion alone has property taxes worth about a quarter of his stated salary.

Not too shabby for a guy whose family business was lost to bankruptcy just a few years ago.

Clearly, he’s getting other income.

According to what is described as a “highly unusual arrangement,” Washington insiders told the Daily Mail that

Parscale’s companies and their subsidiaries get a percentage of most of the contributions to the Trump 2020 campaign,

which now top $56.8 million.

In total, according to the AP, Parscale is on the payroll of five companies with ties to the campaign.

Both the RNC and the Trump campaign have utilized Parscale’s companies, mostly Parscale Digital and Parscale Strategy, for millions of dollars worth of service.

A company owned by the wife of Parscale [...] has received hundreds of thousands of dollars from the President’s flagship political action committee, which is barred from coordinating with the campaign.

You heard that right. Coordination between PACs and campaigns is illegal, but taking money from both?

Leave it to the Trump people to get next-level corruption.

the FEC is now completely defunct.

There aren’t enough members to even hold a quorum, and

Trump and Mitch McConnell have no intention of filling the vacancies.

They are both depending on election shenanigans to win.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/8/31/1881196/-How-Trump-s-swampy-campaign-manager-was-able-to-blow-millions-on-lavish-spending-sprees?detail=emaildkre
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 09-03-2019 at 07:10 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    How Trump's new, racist campaign manager found millions to blow on lavish spending sprees

• A $2.4 million waterfront mansion in Fort Lauderdale. According to the Daily Mail, it was paid for in cash.
    • A $78,300 BMW
    • A $146,000 Range Rover

The mansion alone has property taxes worth about a quarter of his stated salary.

Not too shabby for a guy whose family business was lost to bankruptcy just a few years ago.

According to what is described as a “highly unusual arrangement,” Washington insiders told the Daily Mail that

Parscale’s companies and their subsidiaries get a percentage of most of the contributions to the Trump 2020 campaign,

In total, according to the AP, Parscale is on the payroll of five companies with ties to the campaign.

Both the RNC and the Trump campaign have utilized Parscale’s companies, mostly Parscale Digital and Parscale Strategy, for millions of dollars worth of service.

A company owned by the wife of Parscale [...] has received hundreds of thousands of dollars from the President’s flagship political action committee, which is barred from coordinating with the campaign.

You heard that right. Coordination between PACs and campaigns is illegal, but taking money from both?

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/8/31/1881196/-How-Trump-s-swampy-campaign-manager-was-able-to-blow-millions-on-lavish-spending-sprees?detail=emaildkre
    But, at least he doesn't make his onions preaching income inequality like Hussein & Biden do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

• A $78,300 BMW
    • A $146,000 Range Rover

now do pelosi, schumer, warren, biden's son, biden, obama, the clintons, et al... you won't but thanks for the LOL's!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘This Is Illegal’: Former WH Ethics Lawyer Shreds Trump For Profiting Off Pence’s Ireland Trip

Former White House ethics lawyer under George W. Bush, Richard Painter, tore into Donald Trump on Tuesday

for making Vice President Mike Pence stay at his struggling hotel in Ireland during his trip to the country.

“It’s outrageous, and indeed I think it’s illegal,” Painter said

“Our money is being used to promote his hotel.

This is a violation of the Domestic Emoluments Clause,

which caps the president’s compensation for his services at his compensation set by Congress.”

Pence’s official meetings are on the opposite side of Ireland

It would be easier to make the argument in favor of Pence staying at the president’s Ireland resort if the meetings were in the same general region of the country –

but they’re not even close.

https://www.politicususa.com/2019/09...iticus+USA+%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On Trash's "watch" and during his reelection campaign. It's Obama's fault

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Damn, I just got euphoric for about a split second, maybe a full one:

A flash at the top of the CNN homepage...Ruth Bader Ginsburg...discu...

- "He's still alive! Well, that's bad luck for me."

- "Sollozzo" - "The Godfather"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White House hits peak hypocrisy — attacks someone for ‘unprofessional’ conduct while claiming to uphold ‘norms’

issued a bizarre statement on Tuesday complaining about others being unprofessional and not adhering to norms.

a federal judge overruled the administration and re-instated the hard press pass for Playboy magazine White House correspondent Brian Karem.

“We disagree with the decision of the district court to issue an injunction that

essentially gives free reign (sic) to members of the press to engage in unprofessional, disruptive conduct at the White House,”

Grisham said, apparently lacking any self-awareness.

She went on to complain that Karen, “clearly breached well-understood norms of professional conduct.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/09/white-house-hits-peak-hypocrisy-attacks-someone-for-unprofessional-conduct-while-claiming-to-uphold-norms/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

This lady appears to be trying to be even WORSE the SHS. Full 1984

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ivanka, professional international diplomat, in Columbia

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘Always about the con’: Ocasio-Cortez says ‘virtually every’ Trump policy designed to loot public coffers and enrich his cronies

“Since corruption isn’t popular policy,

racism works as the cover for the con.

That’s why addressing racism isn’t a ‘distraction’—

it’s key to understanding the hustle against working people.”

“Virtually every policy Trump pursues works to steal public money and personally enrich himself and his friends,” said the New York Democrat, who said Trump deploys racism and xenophobia as a “cover for the con.”

As concrete examples, Ocasio-Cortez cited the

Trump administration’s decision to open national monuments to corporate exploitation (which enriches fossil fuel executives),

expand “border concentration camps” (which enriches private prison CEOs), and

appoint Education Secretary Betsy DeVos (which enriches “loan sharks”).

According to Ocasio-Cortez, the Trump administration’s blatant corruption would not be possible “without relying on sympathy for racist policies.

That’s what Reagan’s black ‘welfare queen’ was all about, too.”

“Rather than spending Monday night in Dublin, the vice president stayed 181 miles away by car on the other side of Ireland—at the Trump International Golf Links & Hotel in Doonbeg,” the New York Times reported. “The person who suggested he stay there was the hotel’s owner himself, President Trump.”

By rallying support for super racist immigration policies, (Muslim Ban, concentration camps,etc), supporters look the other way at the billions of public dollars going to private prison CEOs - who then kick some that $$$ back to Trump (ex. his inaugural committee)

The corruption of Trump - of many admins - wouldn’t be politically possible without relying on sympathy for racist policies.

That’s what Reagan’s Black “welfare queen” was all about, too.

If people think they’re “paying for someone else,” they’ll dismantle their own healthcare.

Beyond the moral wrong, racism is a powerful political tool used to dismantle public goods & civil rights.

So long as bigoted sympathies exist (subtly or loud), they will be used. That’s why convincing people racism is a sidenote,&not broad or ins utional, is a strategic move.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/09/always-about-the-con-ocasio-cortez-says-virtually-every-trump-policy-designed-to-loot-public-coffers-and-enrich-his-cronies/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=1344

Of course, for us woke people, the con is just not Trash, but the active, complicit Repug party d out to the oligarchy.

I'm sure Trash knew nothing and cared less about the kakistocrats and political-hacks-in-robes that the oligarchy handed him for his Exec and Federal judgeships.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump has been fooled by Fox News into thinking his Twitter rage spasms will help him get re-elected

President Donald Trump has been fooled by right-wing media into believing that

his outrageous provocations and nasty nicknames would lure Americans into an echo chamber

where his voice drowned out his opponents, and amplified his lies and distortions.

his constant attacks from Twitter and shouting over the whirring blades of Marine One have repelled millions of potential voters,

“He was so nasty, it seemed but a short step to the assumption that his propaganda was irresistible,” Gitlin wrote.

“Because he spends so much time watching Fox News, he might well have thought so.”

“But it’s likely that the right-wing media have led him into a trap,” Gitlin added.

“Precisely the qualities that rouse his base repel a larger base.

His taunts ignite not only fervor but also at least as large a measure of disgust.”

“Trump’s inability to boost his approval ratings even as he claims economic progress could tell the tale,” Gitlin wrote.

“The fixity, even stagnation of his ratings might be, in part,

a consequence of the fact that

the public hears him all too well, and

that a majority do not like what they hear.

His every crescendo of bombast reminds them why they don’t like him or trust him,

why he embarrasses and frightens them.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/09/trump-has-been-fooled-by-fox-news-into-thinking-his-twitter-rage-spasms-will-help-him-get-re-elected/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=1344

the MAGAtts

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump has been fooled by Fox News into thinking his Twitter rage spasms will help him get re-elected

President Donald Trump has been fooled by right-wing media into believing that

his outrageous provocations and nasty nicknames would lure Americans into an echo chamber

where his voice drowned out his opponents, and amplified his lies and distortions.

his constant attacks from Twitter and shouting over the whirring blades of Marine One have repelled millions of potential voters,

“He was so nasty, it seemed but a short step to the assumption that his propaganda was irresistible,” Gitlin wrote.

“Because he spends so much time watching Fox News, he might well have thought so.”

“But it’s likely that the right-wing media have led him into a trap,” Gitlin added.

“Precisely the qualities that rouse his base repel a larger base.

His taunts ignite not only fervor but also at least as large a measure of disgust.”

“Trump’s inability to boost his approval ratings even as he claims economic progress could tell the tale,” Gitlin wrote.

“The fixity, even stagnation of his ratings might be, in part,

a consequence of the fact that

the public hears him all too well, and

that a majority do not like what they hear.

His every crescendo of bombast reminds them why they don’t like him or trust him,

why he embarrasses and frightens them.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/09/trump-has-been-fooled-by-fox-news-into-thinking-his-twitter-rage-spasms-will-help-him-get-re-elected/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=1344

the MAGAtts

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And he keeps flattering himself with numerous Nuremberg rallies with rabid, sick MAGAtts, LYING to himself that he is popular

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Late Night on Trump’s Hurricane Comments

President Trump remarked during a FEMA briefing Sunday that

he had never heard of a Category 5 hurricane before,

despite Dorian being the fourth he has dealt with and publicly discussed during his presidency.

“How have you never heard of a Category 5 hurricane

when there have been three Category 5 hurricanes while you’ve been president?

And you know how I know that?

From listening to you not know what they are.” — STEPHEN COLBERT

“He’d never heard of it then, and he said he never heard of a Category 5 about 10 different times when Maria hit Puerto Rico.

This is the fourth Category 5 since he’s been president.

He has the memory and skin tone of a goldfish, this man.” — JIMMY KIMMEL

“Said Trump, ‘Well, I’ve also never heard of Puerto Rico, so.’” — SETH MEYERS

“That’s not what anyone wants to hear from the president when a hurricane is bearing down on them.

It’s like if you called 911 and the operator said, ‘[Expletive]!

One hundred and four-degree fever?

I didn’t know they went that high! Gary!

Gary, did you know it went to 104?

Gary knew.’” — SETH MEYERS

“[Imitating Trump] I’ve never heard of a Category 5.

Up until I took office, four was the largest number.

Now they invented five.

And wait — hold on.

I have an idea.

Are you ready for this?

Six.” — STEPHEN COLBERT

“President Trump faced international criticism this weekend after

he was seen playing golf instead of staying in the office to monitor the progress of Hurricane Dorian,

though, honestly, would that be better?

Making Trump monitor the hurricane would be like making your 4-year-old do the dishes.

After about five minutes, you’d be like, ‘

You know what, Tyler? Just go out and play.’” — SETH MEYERS

“So I know people get mad when they see Trump playing golf when a hurricane is closing in, but

after what we’ve heard, I think the less Trump is involved with this hurricane, the better it is.

He doesn’t know how big it is,

doesn’t know where it’s going and

has bat ideas about how to stop it,

so let him play his golf because

if we don’t there’s a good chance

Trump ends up nuking Alabama.” — TREVOR NOAH

“Trump had to be corrected by the National Weather Service!

And I know we’re used to it by now,

but it still amazes me how often

the government has to tell you not to pay attention to the president.” — TREVOR NOAH

“I can’t wait for the day when the U.S. Postal Service has to tweet,

‘It is our duty to report that

the president was incorrect when he said that

packages are mommies and

letters are their babies.’” — STEPHEN COLBERT

“[As Trump] O.K., I’m not wrong. Because at one point, I was right.

Under certain scenarios, it could have hit Alabama.

I know this because I write weather fan fiction.” — STEPHEN COLBERT

“We’re like a week away from the Justice Department tweeting,

‘Contrary to the president’s tweet, the Joker is not a threat.

He’s a character in a movie played by Joaquin Phoenix.

There is no evacuation of Gotham underway,

nor is Gotham a real place.’” — SETH MEYERS

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/04/a...97ion=whatElse

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    British Ambassador Concealed Insults from Trump by Writing Messages in English

LONDON —The British Ambassador to the United States, Kim Darroch, explained on Monday that he had tried to conceal insulting remarks from Donald Trump by writing his cables in English.

“I believed that, by writing these messages in English, that would serve the same purpose as encryption,” Darroch said.

“The fact that Trump was somehow able to decode them remains deeply mysterious to me.”

Darroch said that, “out of an abundance of caution,” he took

further steps to make the cables indecipherable to Trump, deploying multisyllabic words such as “dysfunctional.”

“Clearly, I did not take into account the possibility that one of his aides might read these cables aloud to him and explain what all of the long words meant,” he said. “

I was not aware that there was anyone at the White House capable of performing such duties.”

In Washington, Trump appeared not to be taking the insulting cables personally.

“The British are just mad at us for taking over their airports in the eighteenth century,” he said.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/british-ambassador-concealed-insults-from-trump-by-writing-messages-in-english?source=EDT_NYR_EDIT_NEWSLETTER_0_imagenews letter_Borowitz_ZZ&utm_campaign=aud-dev&utm_source=nl&utm_brand=tny&utm_mailing=TNY_Bo rowitz_090419&utm_medium=email&bxid=5bd6795524c17c 1048022fcc&cndid=43758549&esrc=bounceX&mbid=&utm_t erm=TNY_Borowitz

Thread Information