Page 935 of 1660 FirstFirst ... 43583588592593193293393493593693793893994598510351435 ... LastLast
Results 23,351 to 23,375 of 41496
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As Household Debt Hits $14 Trillion,

Economists Say Fed Quan ative Easing Solution for Next Recession Insufficient

"For most people, these policies will further increase in their cost of living, while their wages remain stagnant."

In testimony before the Senate Banking Committee,
    Powell said the Fed had two recession-fighting tools;

buying government bonds, known as QE, and

communicating clearly with markets about interest-rate policy, routinely considered as "forward guidance."

"We will use those tools—I believe we will use them aggressively should the need arise to do so," Powell said.

Left economist Arash Kolahi took to Twitter to push back against the strategy,
    calling

the tactic "basically upward wealth redistribution at the expense of the many."

"For most people, these policies will further increase in their cost of living, while their wages remain stagnant," Kolahi explained.

"In effect, it's like taxing the many to further enrich the investor class."

delinquencies have risen alongside total debt—a worrying sign for the future.

Five percent of auto loans are delinquent and

credit card delinquencies increased in 2019 to 8.36%.

Student debt, a major source of worry for young people, grew as well:

Among student debt, one in nine borrowers were 90+ days delinquent or in default in 2019, and this figure may be understated.

About half of student loans are currently in deferment, in grace periods or in forbearance and therefore temporarily not in the repayment cycle.

Once these loans enter that cycle, delinquency rates are projected to be roughly twice as high, according to the Fed report.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/02/13/household-debt-hits-14-trillion-economists-say-fed-quan ative-easing-solution-next?cd-origin=rss

No worries, Trash, and Trash alone, will fix everything.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 02-13-2020 at 06:01 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you hate him because you ain't him
    ^Trump Derangement Syndrome

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Ditzy Devos, totally conflicted as involved in a loan servicer, has ignored a court order to stop collections of student loans for failed colleges.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Barr whining about being exposed and criticized, AND about Trash's tweeting

‘I cannot do my job’:

Bill Barr complains about Trump’s tweeting and the ‘constant background commentary that undercuts me’

Attorney General Bill Barr lashed out people who second-guess his decisions on Thursday.

“I’m not going to be bullied or influenced by anybody… whether it’s Congress, a newspaper editorial board, or the president…

I’m gonna do what I think is right,

“And you know…I cannot do my job here at the [DOJ] with a constant background commentary that undercuts me,”

“Do you go forward with what you think is the right decision or do you pull back because of the tweet? And that just sort of illustrates

how disruptive these tweets can be,”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/02/i-cannot-do-my-job-bill-barr-complains-about-trumps-tweeting-and-the-constant-background-commentary-that-undercuts-me/

Is the kitchen too hot for ya, Billy boy?

and of course, the Dems do nothing.

Sounds like he is quitting, but, CNN claims it's all coordinated with the White House.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Trump Derangement Syndrome
    says russiagate peddlers and the like... you have no soapbox to stand on loser!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like he is quitting, but, CNN claims it's all coordinated with the White House.
    he's posturing. lapdog pretending to not like his owner

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    he's posturing. lapdog pretending to not like his owner
    Hope you're right, 21. If the old man loses Barr it'd be a catastrophic.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Senior U.S. judge defends sentencing decisions after Trump tweet on Stone case

The top judge on the U.S. District Court in Washington said in an unusual public statement on Thursday that public criticism “is not a factor” in sentencing decisions,

after President Donald Trump took aim at a judge from her court who is overseeing longtime Trump adviser Roger Stone’s criminal trial.

“The Judges of this Court base their sentencing decisions on careful consideration of the actual record in the case before them;

the applicable sentencing guidelines and statutory factors;

the submissions of the parties, the Probation Office and victims; and their own judgment and experience,” Chief Judge Beryl Howell said.

“Public criticism or pressure is not a factor,” she said.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-stone-howell/senior-u-s-judge-defends-sentencing-decisions-after-trump-tweet-on-stone-case-idUSKBN2072ZD?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&utm_so urce=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed% 3A+reuters%2FtopNews+%28News+%2F+US+%2F+Top+News%2 9

How long will Trash wait before pardoning another convicted felon?

Will Manafort and Cohen also be pardoned?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you hate him because you ain't him
    Team spirit!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

The top judge on the U.S. District Court in Washington said in an unusual public statement on Thursday that public criticism “is not a factor” in sentencing decisions,

after President Donald Trump took aim at a judge from her court who is overseeing longtime Trump adviser Roger Stone’s criminal trial.

“The Judges of this Court base their sentencing decisions on careful consideration of the actual record in the case before them;

the submissions of the parties, the Probation Office and victims; and their own judgment and experience,” Chief Judge Beryl Howell said.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-stone-howell/senior-u-s-judge-defends-sentencing-decisions-after-trump-tweet-on-stone-case-idUSKBN2072ZD?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&utm_so urce=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed% 3A+reuters%2FtopNews+%28News+%2F+US+%2F+Top+News%2 9

He'll wait until the day after Election Day. Thereafter it matters not.

I don't see Cohen getting one, but, Manafort & Stone will.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump is punishing international travelers to pressure NY state to drop lawsuits against DJT the private citizen.

Prima facie abuse of power, tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Trump is punishing international travelers to pressure NY state to drop lawsuits against DJT the private citizen.

Prima facie abuse of power, tbh.

Perhaps the Governor will wreck his , throw him down a flight of subway stairs.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

she's posturing. lapdog pretending to not like her owner

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perhaps the Governor will wreck his , throw him down a flight of subway stairs.
    Hemingway --> Wallace Stevens?

Nah.

Unlike Trump consigliere Bill Barr, Cuomo doesn't have the clout to call off prosecutors.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Hope you're right, 21. If the old man loses Barr it'd be a catastrophic.
    You’ve returned a sniveling pussy, buck up.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Hemingway --> Wallace Stevens?

Nah.

Unlike Trump consigliere Bill Barr, Cuomo doesn't have the clout to call off prosecutors.
    No, it was Chris Cuomo, Winester. Remember when that civilian called him "Fredo" in Grand Central Station & CC threatened to "wreck his " & throw him down a flight of stairs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, it was Chris Cuomo, Winester. Remember when that civilian called him "Fredo" in Grand Central Station & CC threatened to "wreck his " & throw him down a flight of stairs?
    Hadn't heard about that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’ve returned a sniveling pussy, buck up.
    TSA so TUFF

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The old man ain't right every single time.

He let his mouth overload his ass in this Stone materiel & I just hope it doesn't cost him Barr.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump tells his former chief of staff to ‘keep his mouth shut’

Donald Trump told John Kelly to “keep his mouth shut” Thursday

after his former his former chief of staff defended a military officer

who testified against the president during the impeachment inquiry,

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/02/tru...e+Raw+Story%29

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Trump tells his former chief of staff to ‘keep his mouth shut’

Donald Trump told John Kelly to “keep his mouth shut” Thursday

after his former his former chief of staff defended a military officer

who testified against the president during the impeachment inquiry,

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/02/tru...e+Raw+Story%29
    Kinda wonder if "Mooch" woulda got that job instead of the General would things have been different?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The old man ain't right every single time.

He let his mouth overload his ass in this Stone materiel & I just hope it doesn't cost him Barr.
    If Trump crosses Barr, he better get to him quick.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Barr is as good as it's gonna get for Trump for an AG. & it will never get that good again. He's being told that & he knows that without being told, so, I do think he'll cool off & apologize via a phone call on a back channel.

This fit by him is a direct result of being Impeached. This is the fall out, the aftershock of reality. He'll carry that (I) into the grave & his children thereafter. He knows this & can't let go. Acquittal didn't grant him relief, just stoked his gut.

Bill Clinton made peace with it, found his contentment on a fresh plane, grateful to remain President. It's okay with him. I don't know if the old man can get to that place of contentment.

The next 72 hours are going to be crucial.

ADDENDUM:::& Clinton figured, reasoned that he deserved it.

The old man can't get there, Winester. His maturity level won't permit it. He knew beyond a shadow of a doubt they were hunting him with that (I) branding iron & he loitered (danger).
    Last edited by Thread; 02-13-2020 at 09:21 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the Barr bull was a LIE to the DoJ staff that Barr was independent of Trash! and that no more of them should leave DoJ, because it makes the corrupt Barr look bad

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump raged and swore at aides because his enemies aren’t being prosecuted

There are two key ways a president can

abuse the Justice Department and federal prosecutorial powers:

he can protect his friends, and

he can go after his enemies.

Behind that public fight, according to people familiar with the discussions, is a deeper tension between Trump and Barr’s Justice Department

over the lack of criminal charges against former FBI director James B. Comey and those close to him.

The flare-up over the Stone case comes against a backdrop of growing behind-the-scenes anger from the president toward the Justice Department —

more about whom the department has not charged with crimes than about whom it has charged,

Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz referred

Comey’s handling of the memos to prosecutors for possible criminal prosecution, but lawyers quickly determined it was not a close call and did not seek to build a case.

That sent Trump into a rage,

He complained so loudly and swore so frequently in the Oval Office that some of his aides discussed it for days, these people said.

Trump repeatedly said that Comey deserved to be charged

“Can you expletive ing believe they didn’t charge him?”

The report noted that Trump has also been eager to see charges against Comey’s former deputy, Andrew McCabe.

And Trump also reportedly became enraged when the Washington Post reported in January that U.S. Attorney John Huber’s investigation into vague allegations about Hillary Clinton came up dry.

After learning that the Huber investigation is not likely to produce charges, Trump has become more insistent that Durham finish his work soon

Trump, these people said, wants to be able to use whatever Durham finds as a cudgel in his reelection campaign.

All of that frustration has fed into the public fight over the Stone case.

Barr claimed in an interview with ABC News that

Trump hasn’t asked him to do anything in a criminal case.
    and Durham? Barr is believable

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/02/trump-raged-and-swore-his-aides-because-his-enemies-arent-being-prosecuted-report/

Trump is using not his own money, but abusing taxpayer $Ms to bankrupt his enemies who have pay out of pocket.

As with Ukraine, I bet Trash doesn't care if his legal attacks lose, because they cost him nothing,

but bankrupts his enemies and he can at very least campaign/lie that his enemies were investigated

Same as he did with contractors. "You claim I owe you money? So sue me"

Thread Information