My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Washington Examiner correspondent: Trump has 'the upper hand' politically after signing executive order

President Trump gained the "upper hand" Saturday and helped his reelection chances by signing four executive orders aimed at delivering relief to Americans struggling with the economic fallout of the coronavirus, according to the Washington Examiner's chief congressional correspondent.

"He definitely helped his cause by doing this, because what he's doing is two things," Susan Ferrechio said on "America's Election HQ." "He's taking away a talking point from Democrats who keep talking about the Republicans as being unwilling to help people."

I think Democrats are in a tough spot if they sue over this, even though they may have, you know, a good cause behind them to do so with the payroll taxes," Ferrechio said. "It'll look like they're suing to stop unemployment, rental eviction abatement, other things are really important to voters. So I think the president, you know, if this were a chess move that, you know, he's got a little bit of the upper hand right now politically."
    Doing this by EO is different than doing this by an act of congress, and so a lot of this may unravel on its own due to legal technicalities that states have to respect especially with regard to distributing money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

- He had a choice.
    - These EOs actually deal with budgetary issues, which is cons utionally reserved for Congress.
    - Obama EOs dealt with enforcement on a department run by the executive, which clearly doesn't have the cons utional deficiencies.
    - The American people put Pelosi and Schumer there, after Trump failed to keep control of Congress
    - The only thing "we" are fighting is the virus.
    - Clearly Trump does not give one about the people. To the tune of 200k people dead. He cares about winning an election.

Verdict: 2/10, fake news.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - He had a choice.
    - These EOs actually deal with budgetary issues, which is cons utionally reserved for Congress.
    - Obama EOs dealt with enforcement on a department run by the executive, which clearly doesn't have the cons utional deficiencies.
    - The American people put Pelosi and Schumer there, after Trump failed to keep control of Congress
    - Clearly Trump does not give one about the people. To the tune of 200k people dead. He cares about winning an election.

I think the student loan deferments are legal because it's through dept of education ( that's how water planned on doing student loan forgiveness) . Because it's a payroll tax deferment not holiday that one is legal too. The unemployment is, 100 % not legal though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the student loan deferments are legal because it's through dept of education ( that's how water planned on doing student loan forgiveness) . Because it's a payroll tax deferment not holiday that one is legal too. The unemployment is, 100 % not legal though
    Yeah, not saying all his EOs are uncons utional, just those that have to do with the purse. Was pointing out that not all EOs are the same.

Also, the last time Barry did the DACA EOs, he got sued by all the Republican AGs... so kinda ironic to now about reactions to EOs, tbh...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Devos simply won't allow loan deferral. She is already a defying court order about loan payments.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GOP donors abandoning Trump over fears his re-election campaign is doomed

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/08/gop...e+Raw+Story%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joe Biden says he won’t stand in the way of a possible prosecution of Trump

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/08/joe...e+Raw+Story%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash's less, incel, kbd-MachoMan cult mob intimidating whomever Trash attacks.

Fauci’s daughters live all over the U.S. Due to death threats, he’s hired security for all of them

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/1967293

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Trump's gamble in Portland has paid off

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump's gamble in Portland has paid off
    What's the pay off?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mike Pence praised by evangelical conservative for being

‘like a very supportive, submissive wife to Trump’

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/08/mike-pence-praised-by-evangelical-conservative-for-being-like-a-very-supportive-submissive-wife-to-trump

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - He had a choice.

“cons utional conservative” mark levin wiping trumps semen off his face while praising wave of executive orders

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why critics think Trump's executive order on evictions is 'deeply misleading' aka LIE

it's a weak move that doesn't actually extend a moratorium.

merely directs the the Treasury Department and the Department of Housing and Urban Development

to consider taking action,

the order instructs the two departments to look into identifying federal funds that could potentially provide assistance to renters and homeowners

the payroll tax deferral order was overplayed, since taxpayers will still ultimately owe the money next year.

https://theweek.com/speedreads/930246/why-critics-think-trumps-executive-order-evictions-deeply-misleading

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden in 2011: Payroll Tax Cut Won't Hurt Social Security, Medicare

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden in 2011: Payroll Tax Cut Won't Hurt Social Security, Medicare
    Trump in 2004: Democrats are better at the economy than Republicans

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump now holding Americans hostage. You want COVID relief money? VOTE FOR ME THEN.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump now holding Americans hostage. You want COVID relief money? VOTE FOR ME THEN.

Just imagine when he's elected again and doesn't care about our vote any more

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Just imagine when he's elected again and doesn't care about our vote any more
    if he’s elected again we’re going to see a new level of laziness from the Oval Office.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Check quality of the sycophants sucking Trash's

Trump adviser says God created executive orders to save Americans from 'divided government'

Peter Navarro ...
    was courted to the role because Jared Kushner
    saw his name on Amazon

His main recent career has been Saying Things On Television, most of which continues to be proven wrong.
    But he knows which policies do and do not come from directly from God,

a remarkable power that has nonetheless proven unhelpful in formulating actual government policies.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/1967944

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Trump asked the governor of South Dakota if he could be put on the federal monument of Mount Rushmore.

He's really stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He does look pretty good on that mountain

(imo)

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He does look pretty good on that mountain

(imo)
    In your opinion what has he done, if anything, do deserve a spot on Mount Rushmore with Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln and TR?

Thread Information