My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Media and hollywood bother you but not 200k dead americans? You need to get your priorities in order.
    Trump's Covid response was lacking after about May 1st.

But we were looking at many deaths even if Abraham Lincoln were President, tbh. Just not as many, imo.

The masks and lockdowns were never going to go well here in a freedom loving society. People live by the words give me liberty or give me death. People in this country are always highly suspect of government overreaach and were never going to fall in line. We are at least 6 months into this and I still see countless people walking around with the damn mask hanging below their nose or used as a chin guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Main Street carnage continues:

Yelp on Wednesday released its latest Economic Average Report, revealing business closures across the U.S. are increasing as a result of the coronavirus pandemic’s economic toll.

As of Aug. 31, 163,735 businesses have indicated on Yelp that they have closed, a 23 percent increase since mid-July.

Yelp also measures businesses whose closures have become permanent. That number has steadily increased over the past six months, now reaching 97,966, representing 60 percent of closed businesses that won’t be reopening.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/business/eco...-yelp-n1240209

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like his Russia policy

I'm willing to change my mind. Make your pro Biden case without mentioning Trump.
    Provide some factual information about his Russia policy that makes it a pillar of why you support the president

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘One of the most callous sentiments ever uttered’:

Trump blasted for ‘sick’ comments about blue state virus deaths

President Donald Trump late Wednesday said the fact that millions of Americans haven’t died of Covid-19 is a sign of success and declared,

“If you take the blue states out,

we’re at a level that I don’t think anybody in the world would be at.”

Trump has repeatedly sought to blame Democratic governors for his administration’s failures to combat the coronavirus pandemic,

a grotesque escalation in rhetoric, explicitly devaluing the lives of people living in blue states ravaged by the virus.

“Trump thinks of the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Americans like a poll number or a stock market price,”

“He cares only about how it makes him look, especially to his supporters.”

Pointing to a graphic purporting to show that the U.S. coronavirus death toll would likely be in the 1.5 to 2.2 million range had the nation done nothing in response to the pandemic, Trump told reporters, “We’re below that substantially, and we’ll see what comes out.”

“If the not-so-good job was done, you’d be between 1.5 million—I remember these numbers so well—and 2.2 million. That’s quite a difference,” the president said.

“Over time, though, the percentage of total deaths that have occurred in blue states has dropped,”

“The most recent data, through Tuesday, indicates that about

53 percent of deaths have occurred in blue states—meaning that

47 percent have occurred in red ones.

In other words, more than 90,000 deaths have occurred in red states.

If that were the country’s total, we would have seen the second-most number of deaths globally, trailing only Brazil.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/09/one-of-the-most-callous-sentiments-ever-uttered-trump-blasted-for-sick-comments-about-blue-state-s/

Trash didn't, of course not, mention he failed to block travellers from pandemic-raging Europe where the NY/NJ pandemic originated.

btw, his bag advisor Dr Atlas is recommending 6M American dead to achieve herd immunity.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 09-17-2020 at 09:18 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    200K in a nation this large and racially fractured. I don't feel Don pulled favorites in who received Covid attention

it’s amazing how the lies just roll of your fingers

i can’t believe how dumb you must be to think that somehow your rw echo chamber talking points will somehow have more merit because of an online persona you made up.

and I’ve lived in more continents than you have countries

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump's Covid response was lacking after about May 1st.

But we were looking at many deaths even if Abraham Lincoln were President, tbh. Just not as many, imo.

The masks and lockdowns were never going to go well here in a freedom loving society. People live by the words give me liberty or give me death. People in this country are always highly suspect of government overreaach and were never going to fall in line. We are at least 6 months into this and I still see countless people walking around with the damn mask hanging below their nose or used as a chin guard.
    None of the first part of this nonsense is in the realm of factual. Jesus, he knew about the virus in November of last year, and did nothing to prepare.

you’re truly truly in the top 7 of the stupidest people on here, and that’s truly a feat when you have ducks and spurtacular and the rest

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Military Police Leaders Weighed Deploying 'Heat Ray' Against D.C. Protesters

Hours before federal police officers cleared a crowded park near the White House with smoke and tear gas on June 1,

the lead military police officer in the Department of Defense for the D.C. region asked if the D.C. National Guard had

a kind of military heat ray that might be deployed against demonstrators in the nation's capital,

the Provost Marshal of Joint Force Headquarters National Capital Region.

He was looking for two things:

a long range acoustic device, a kind of sound cannon known as an LRAD, and

a device called the Active Denial System, or ADS.

ADS ... uses millimeter wave technology to essentially heat the skin of people targeted by its invisible ray.

U.S. border officials weighed deploying the so-called "heat ray" against migrants a few weeks before the 2018 elections.

LRAD, a Long Range Acoustic Device.

they may have violated court-ordered regulations that spell out how demonstrators in the nation's capital are to be warned before aggressive tactics are used against them. they don't care

LRAD emits a piercing noise and then can broadcast a voice or a recording at a deafening level. The idea is to allow people at the back of a crowd to hear instructions.

Protesters who were there said police advanced through the crowd with little warning, firing tear gas and smoke canisters

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/16/91374...d-c-protesters

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    USPS had a plan to send 5 facemasks to every home in America – but the White House killed it

Back in April as coronavirus was exploding across the country,

the U.S. Postal Service had a plan to send five reusable facemasks to every home across the country.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/09/rev...te-house-ed-it

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Hayes Rips Trump’s ‘Blue State’ Covid Remarks:

‘If You’re In a State That Voted for Hillary Clinton…

Your Aunt’s Death, It Doesn’t Actually Count’

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/chris-ha...ath-it-doesnt/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CBS News’ Norah O’Donnell says ‘mostly peaceful’ protests caused $1B to $2B in damage from looting and arson
    'Peaceful’ protests don’t leave behind death, destruction, and shattered lives in their wake, media analyst Nicholas Fondacaro says

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CBS News’ Norah O’Donnell says ‘mostly peaceful’ protests caused $1B to $2B in damage from looting and arson
    'Peaceful’ protests don’t leave behind death, destruction, and shattered lives in their wake, media analyst Nicholas Fondacaro says
    Not what she said.

Why do you and your side have to lie?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.investors.com/politics/c...ion-purchases/ (from 2013)

In a puzzling, unexplained development, the Obama administration has been buying and storing vast amounts of ammunition in recent months, with the Department of Homeland Security just placing another order for an additional 21.6 million rounds.

According to one estimate, just since last spring DHS has stockpiled more than 1.6 billion bullets, mainly .40 caliber and 9mm. That's sufficient firepower to shoot every American about five times. Including illegal immigrants.

If they "didn't know" it's because they are ing stupid.
    they were talking about stockpiling armor piercing s s specifically for the Lafayette Square protest. You're either ignorant or purposely dishonest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone asked a question to a post. I thought it was spot on. She asked, if masks work, why weren't they handed out in prisons instead of letting the prisoners go free (many of whom committed more crimes)?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s favorite right-wing outlet scrambles to remove stories about Russian agent tied to Rudy Giuliani’s smear campaign

The one person Republicans were using as a source of “dirt” on former Vice President Joe Biden,

Andrii Derkach, was officially sanctioned by President Donald Trump’s Treasury Department for being an “active Russian agent.”

Now, Trump’s favorite conservative outlet, OANN, is scrambling to remove any mention of his name from their website.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/09/trumps-favorite-right-wing-outlet-scrambles-to-remove-stories-about-russian-agent-tied-to-rudy-giulianis-smear-campaign

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone asked a question to a post. I thought it was spot on. She asked, if masks work, why weren't they handed out in prisons instead of letting the prisoners go free (many of whom committed more crimes)?
    What a stupid question. Because masks work, but they don't work as well as not being packed in 24-hours a day with other people that have COVID.

"If condoms work, why don't people with AIDS just tons of people with a condom instead of remaining abstinent?"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘Appalling waste’:

Trump shredded for spending $22K of taxpayer cash at club that was closed for COVID-19

“Trump’s club charged the Secret Service more than $21,800 to rent a cottage and other rooms while the club was closed and otherwise off-limits to guests.”

The do ents do not give a reason that the Secret Service was staying at the club, Trash's income?

staying at the president’s properties carries a heavy price tag compared to other options in the area.

“The records show that Trump Bedminster charged the Secret Service $17,000 a month — or $567 per night — to rent the three-bedroom ‘Sarazen Cottage’ near Trump’s own villa,” the Post writes.

“That rate charged is unusually high for a rental home in the area,

the president’s own businesses have charged the government at least $1.1 million for trips to his personal properties since the start of his first term.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/09/app..._campaign=5493

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not what she said.

Why do you and your side have to lie?

because r’s can’t actually ever win on a battle of ideas. They have ceded that territory for 30 years.

So when you can’t win with ideas and truth, you have to lie and suppress and gerrymander

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they were talking about stockpiling armor piercing s s specifically for the Lafayette Square protest. You're either ignorant or purposely dishonest.

Why not both?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s favorite right-wing outlet scrambles to remove stories about Russian agent tied to Rudy Giuliani’s smear campaign

The one person Republicans were using as a source of “dirt” on former Vice President Joe Biden,

Andrii Derkach, was officially sanctioned by President Donald Trump’s Treasury Department for being an “active Russian agent.”

Now, Trump’s favorite conservative outlet, OANN, is scrambling to remove any mention of his name from their website.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/09/trumps-favorite-right-wing-outlet-scrambles-to-remove-stories-about-russian-agent-tied-to-rudy-giulianis-smear-campaign

anyone could have called this back in November of last year when TSAnon and Qhris started peddling this Russian propaganda.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barr declares he has the

right to levy any charge,

dismiss any case, and

persecute as he pleases

On Wednesday afternoon, Attorney General William Barr blasted the members of his own department in a speech in which he insisted that

he was perfectly justified in overruling legal decisions of career staffers,

insisted that he can wade into any case in any way he likes, and

informed the FBI that they were “agents of the attorney general” who worked directly for him.

Not only did Barr’s declaration nix the idea that the agents and officers involved had sworn an oath to uphold the Cons ution rather than the whims of Barr,

there was a single underlying theme behind everything Barr had to say:

Both the FBI and the Department of Justice (DOJ) are

to stop going after people in power, and

focus their attacks on the powerless.
    Barr made it clear that as long as he is in charge,

there will be no investigations of Trump’s friends.

No looking into the wealthy and influential.

T
    hen the white men in the self-described positions of absolute power explained how

they should really be going after
    Black Lives Matter protesters

who, according to Barr, “
    are not interested in Black lives.”

And he put a cherry on top by

insisting that social distancing guidelines were

the “greatest intrusion on civil liberties” since slavery.

In a nuts , Barr explained how:

• He’s all-powerful, with the authority to levy any charge, dismiss any case, or investigate anyone he pleases.
    • The FBI and DOJ should ignore criminal activity by the powerful.
    • Instead they should focus their efforts on Black protesters, who have a “political agenda.”

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/9/17/1978101/-William-Barr-declares-himself-the-sole-arbiter-of-law-and-of-what-Black-people-are-thinking

Last edited by boutons_deux; 09-17-2020 at 01:20 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘Appalling waste’:

Trump shredded for spending $22K of taxpayer cash at club that was closed for COVID-19

“Trump’s club charged the Secret Service more than $21,800 to rent a cottage and other rooms while the club was closed and otherwise off-limits to guests.”

The do ents do not give a reason that the Secret Service was staying at the club, Trash's income?

staying at the president’s properties carries a heavy price tag compared to other options in the area.

“The records show that Trump Bedminster charged the Secret Service $17,000 a month — or $567 per night — to rent the three-bedroom ‘Sarazen Cottage’ near Trump’s own villa,” the Post writes.

“That rate charged is unusually high for a rental home in the area,

the president’s own businesses have charged the government at least $1.1 million for trips to his personal properties since the start of his first term.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/09/app..._campaign=5493
    Republicans would never tolerate Bill Clinton or Obama doing something like this but all you hear is crickets when it's Trump.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans would never tolerate Bill Clinton or Obama doing something like this but all you hear is crickets when it's Trump.
    remember the Repug outrage when MO took her girls to Africa?

total Repug silence when taxpayers have had to pay for Trash's family causing many $100Ks in personal travel.

Thread Information