Page 965 of 1658 FirstFirst ... 465865915955961962963964965966967968969975101510651465 ... LastLast
Results 24,101 to 24,125 of 41446
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gallup Poll: Handling of Virus Gives Trump Record Approval

President Donald Trump's job approval rating is up to 49%, according to the latest Gallup poll, a tie for his highest on record, likely due to a bump from his handing of the coronavirus pandemic.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New Poll Shows Biden Trouncing Trump In 300 Swing Counties Across America

the overall national race between Biden and Trump is tight, with the former

VP leading Trump 48 percent to 45 percent.

But for the president, a more troubling piece of data from the survey is that

Biden leads by a whopping nine percentage points in 300 swing counties across America.

According to Monmouth,

“In approximately 300 ‘swing’ counties where the margin of victory was less than ten points for either candidate – accounting for about one-fifth of the total U.S. electorate –

50% back Biden compared with 41% who support Trump.”

https://www.politicususa.com/2020/03...iticus+USA+%29

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coincidence I'm sure

Nobody bats an eye at obvious conflicts of interest.

The norm against corruption has been broken by Trump and a jaded, nihilistic electorate

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody bats an eye at obvious conflicts of interest.

The norm against corruption has been broken by Trump and a jaded, nihilistic electorate
    I think you can go back further than Trump to see nobody batting an eye at obvious corruption

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you can go back further than Trump to see nobody batting an eye at obvious corruption
    What/who broke it, in your opinion?

I can't think of a single example of a President before DJT whose direct financial interests conflicted with policy. Can you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What/who broke it, in your opinion?

I can't think of a single example of a President before DJT whose direct financial interests conflicted with policy. Can you?
    Cheney/halliburton immediately came to my mind

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course, legal bribery of Congress goes by the euphemism of "lobbying", by the LIE of "social welfare" orgs that are totally political PACs, etc, etc.

the total corruption of the political class delivering the preferences of BigDonor, while ignoring voters?

could America be ed and un able?

say it ain't so

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “STATE WAS CAUGHT FLAT-FOOTED”: FOLLOWING TRUMP’S LINE, SOURCES SAY POMPEO LEFT STATE VULNERABLE DURING THE CRISIS

Former diplomats say that “no steps were taken to protect Americans overseas” and that Pompeo, seeing political danger, wants to stay as far from the crisis as possible.

With roughly 75,000 employees scattered around the world,

many in countries where the contagion took hold before the novel coronavirus hit American shores, the State Department isn’t a typical workplace.

Sources I spoke with have criticized Pompeo’s decision to follow

the Trumpian line—“totally under control”; it’s just like the flu—arguing that

it left diplomats and Americans overseas at risk.

“State was caught flat-footed just like everyone else because of the deliberate approach of the White House to downplay the problem….

How did State not stand up a task force?” a former ambassador told me.

“Under any other secretary, a task force would have been stood up months ago. To review conditions in every single country.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/03/mike-pompeo-state-department-coronavirus?utm_source=nl&utm_brand=pol&utm_campai gn=aud-dev&utm_mailing=thematic_ballot_03252020&utm_mediu m=email&bxid=5bd6795524c17c1048022fcc&cndid=437585 49&utm_term=Thematic_Ballot_Subscribers

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “STATE WAS CAUGHT FLAT-FOOTED”: FOLLOWING TRUMP’S LINE, SOURCES SAY POMPEO LEFT STATE VULNERABLE DURING THE CRISIS

Former diplomats say that “no steps were taken to protect Americans overseas” and that Pompeo, seeing political danger, wants to stay as far from the crisis as possible.

With roughly 75,000 employees scattered around the world,

many in countries where the contagion took hold before the novel coronavirus hit American shores, the State Department isn’t a typical workplace.

Sources I spoke with have criticized Pompeo’s decision to follow

the Trumpian line—“totally under control”; it’s just like the flu—arguing that

it left diplomats and Americans overseas at risk.

“State was caught flat-footed just like everyone else because of the deliberate approach of the White House to downplay the problem….

How did State not stand up a task force?” a former ambassador told me.

“Under any other secretary, a task force would have been stood up months ago. To review conditions in every single country.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/03/mike-pompeo-state-department-coronavirus?utm_source=nl&utm_brand=pol&utm_campai gn=aud-dev&utm_mailing=thematic_ballot_03252020&utm_mediu m=email&bxid=5bd6795524c17c1048022fcc&cndid=437585 49&utm_term=Thematic_Ballot_Subscribers

Inaction because they are afraid to do their job or just cant.
    Sounds a whole lot like China. Find a friend, nestle in, and dont rock the boat.

The hypocrisy of "draining the swamp" is so face smacking obvious.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vlad fearlessly visits Covid-19 patients in Russia

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vlad fearlessly visits Covid-19 patients in Russia

Sure he did.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because so much they love America, love the Cons ution, and love the 1st Amenmdent

Pro-Trump group demands TV stations stop airing liberal super PAC ad

demanding they stop running a new ad cut by a top Democratic super PAC.

sent a letter to station managers in Florida, Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania demanding a new ad cut by Priorities USA be taken off the air,

arguing that it falsely gives the impression that Trump called the coronavirus a “hoax.”

Priorities USA announced it would put $6 million behind a new ad accusing Trump of mismanaging the government’s response to the coronavirus pandemic.
    The ad, which is called “Exponential Threat,” splices together different audio clips of Trump downplaying the virus over a graphic showing the number of cases on the rise.
    “The coronavirus, this is their new hoax,” Trump says in the spliced ad.

“We have it totally under control.

It's one person coming in from China.

One day it's like a miracle, it will disappear.

When you have 15 people and within a couple of days is gonna be down to close to zero.

We really think we've done a great job in keeping it down to a minimum.

I like this stuff.

I really get it.

People are surprised that I understand.

No, I don't take responsibility."

"We stand by the facts in the ad and

will continue to make sure that

Donald Trump is held accountable for his words and actions that are

making this crisis even worse,"

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/489476-pro-trump-group-demands-tv-stations-stop-airing-liberal-super-pac-ad

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before Trump called for reevaluating lockdowns,

they shuttered six of his top-earning clubs and resorts

six of Trump’s top seven revenue-producing clubs and hotels, bringing in about $174 million total per year, according to Trump’s most recent financial disclosures. That works out to $478,000 per day

revenue that is likely to be sharply reduced with the clubs shuttered. The disclosures provide self-reported revenue figures but not profits.

In Chicago, New York and Washington, the restaurants have closed, cutting off a key source of revenue.

Doral resort, where restaurants closed last week to comply with lockdown orders.

The steakhouse told the state of Florida in a public filing that its entire 98-person workforce — six bartenders, 16 bussers, 24 captains, eight hosts, six managers, eight runners, four chefs, five dishwashers, 18 line cooks and three pastry chefs — had all been laid off.

160 people have been laid off at Trump’s D.C. hotel,

at least 51 laid off at Trump’s New York hotel and

an unknown number laid off at Trump’s Las Vegas hotel,

Three of Trump’s hotels — in Doral, Chicago and Washington — have outstanding loans from Deutsche Bank that originally totaled more than $300 million. Even before the coronavirus outbreak, all three reported lagging behind their peers in occupancy and revenue

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...034_story.html

goddamn, schadenfreude is best served hot, cold, liquid, frozen, boiled, fried, BBQ

Vlad, your puppet needs some of your mafioso to launder MANY $100Ms through Trash's businesses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

All class

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

All class
    Jesus. Dale is going to wish he still had a working prostate after reading this.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    editorial from January predicted Trump’s disastrous coronavirus response to a T

Klain singled out former national security adviser John Bolton’s decision to disband the National Security Council’s pandemic response unit as a worrisome sign of things to come, as it left the NSC rudderless

“With no one in charge at the White House,

there is no authority to resolve disputes between federal agencies;

no one to hold agencies accountable for the pace and intensity with which they implement the response;

no one to resolve competing requests for congressional funding; and

no one to draw on the resources of the security agencies of the government to help support the response,”

“[Trump] will have to govern,

as Democratic and Republican presidents have before him,

but unlike how he has conducted himself at any point in his presidency to date,” Klain concluded.

“Many lives — mostly abroad, but perhaps here as well — could depend on it.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/this-editorial-from-january-predicted-trumps-disastrous-coronavirus-response-to-a-t/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=4117

==================

Coronavirus Is Coming—And Trump Isn’t Ready

JANUARY 30, 2020

In order to combat the disease, the president will have to trust the kind of government experts he has disdained and dismissed.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/01/now-trump-needs-deep-state-fight-coronavirus/605752/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Romney good now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

and then Trump goes after him in his "press" briefing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

isn't Inslee Trash's "snake"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump calls Inslee a 'snake'

over criticism of coronavirus rhetoric

The president went off on Inslee for saying that

he wanted Trump to stick to the science when discussing the coronavirus outbreak.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/06/donald-trump-jay-inslee-coronavirus-123114

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    another Kyle Griffin repeater

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lol trump fights back and fights
    Trump is no pussy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump is no pussy
    Trump wants to fight instead of bring everyone together during a national crisis. That's your god.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s coronavirus intel failure is worse than Pearl Harbor and 9/11 —

and he only has himself to blame

in light of what we know about President Trump’s response to early warnings about the impending coronavirus pandemic,

his dismissals amount to the biggest intelligence failure since Pearl Harbor and 9/11.

the Trump administration forced a catastrophic strategic surprise onto the American people,” Zenko writes.

“But unlike past strategic surprises

Pearl Harbor, the Iranian revolution of 1979, or especially 9/11—

the current one was brought about by unprecedented indifference, even willful negligence.”

the worst characteristics of Trump’s leadership ??? is what allowed the intelligence failure to happen.

One example is Trump’s unwillingness to accept information that conflicts with his own worldview.

Another is the fact that Trump’s “judgments are highly transmissible, Bandy X Lee wrote that Trash's illness is transmissible

infecting the thinking and behavior of nearly every official or advisor who comes in contact with the initial carrier” —

a problem that’s compounded by the fact that Trump surrounds himself with people who “look, think, and act like he does.”

there probably wasn’t much his top advisors could have done to convince him otherwise.

“The White House detachment and nonchalance during the early stages of the coronavirus outbreak will be

among the most costly decisions of any modern presidency,”

“These officials were presented with a clear progression of warnings and crucial decision points

far enough in advance that the country could have been far better prepared.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/tru...lame-analysis/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump is no pussy
    Are you referring to private bone spurs?

Thread Information