My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This is awesome

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    What if 65% of Floridians said no masks? Risking everyone else's life because...my body, my choice.

Wouldn't happen in Florida, but could in other states like, say, Alabama. I would hope their representation would do the right thing there as well.

If the issues is important enough to Floridians, then they vote said representation out of office.
    Yet another example of how conservatives don’t even care that everything they argue is in bad faith. Giving ex-felons the right to vote doesn’t put anyone’s life at risk the way not wearing a mask during a pandemic might. That’s an asinine comparison you can’t possibly be serious about making. It’s scientifically proven that wearing masks in public is “the right thing” while you seem to be the only person who thinks ex-felon disenfranchisement is the right thing.

The whole point of ballot initiatives is to give voters the ability to make changes when their legislatures ignore them. It’s a check and balance that was intentionally put in place to give voters the ability to cir vent politicians. Voters shouldn’t have to jump through extra hoops after a ballot initiative was already passed because the state legislatures not only don’t listen to them but actively try to undercut ballot initiatives they pass.

Trump s only seem to care about the cons ution and state rights until it allows for something they don’t like.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His money sure is.
    And then Citizens United bad again.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Prisons don't rehabiliatate them. I've talked to prison guards and have been told that like 80% of these people end up repeat offenders and are back behind the walls.

So not a fan of letting them vote, no.
    How is this argument any different than the arguments Dixiecrats used to make about not letting black people vote?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paying felons for votes doesn't seem desperate at all
    Umm no. It's restoring their rights as Americans to begin with.

The fact that you have to pay a penalty to vote is in itself ridiculous. You know that democracy thing and all that.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    If they say they're in citizen militias to protect property somewhere, why not?
    You trust the judgment of felons...why?

A.) They will all vote Democrat
    or
    B.) Because of their history of making 'great' choices and ending up in prison.
    or
    C.) They will all vote Democrat

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the general election should be in a Saturday or Sunday. Who the put Election Day in a Tuesday? That is voter suppression 101.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

or
    or
    So you think the only people who should be allowed vote are people who’s “judgment” you subjectively agree with.

Doesn’t sound fascist at all!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yet another example of how conservatives don’t even care that everything they argue is in bad faith. Giving ex-felons the right to vote doesn’t put anyone’s life at risk the way not wearing a mask during a pandemic might. That’s an asinine comparison you can’t possibly be serious about making. It’s scientifically proven that wearing masks in public is “the right thing” while you seem to be the only person who thinks ex-felon disenfranchisement is the right thing.

The whole point of ballot initiatives is to give voters the ability to make changes when their legislatures ignore them. It’s a check and balance that was intentionally put in place to give voters the ability to cir vent politicians. Voters shouldn’t have to jump through extra hoops after a ballot initiative was already passed because the state legislatures not only don’t listen to them but actively try to undercut ballot initiatives they pass.

Trump s only seem to care about the cons ution and state rights until it allows for something they don’t like.
    You not wearing a mask is bad judgement and can affect others.

So can voting horrific politicians into office. I'd prefer people who make reasonable choices to do the voting.

Seriously, we are at the point where you guys defend child molestors and you wonder why you lose the right on so many other issues.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    So you think the only people who should be allowed vote are people who’s “judgment” you subjectively agree with.

Do child molesters make good choices.

Yes or no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i would go so far to say that i think serving felons should be allowed to vote

certainly wouldnt be a popular public stance, but its what i think

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I think the general election should be in a Saturday or Sunday. Who the put Election Day in a Tuesday? That is voter suppression 101.
    Should be a holiday.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    You not wearing a mask is bad judgement and can affect others.

So can voting horrific politicians into office. I'd prefer people who make reasonable choices to do the voting.

Seriously, we are at the point where you guys defend child molestors and you wonder why you lose the right on so many other issues.
    So who’s the arbiter of “reasonable choices” and “horrible politicians” exactly? You? Any other subset of American citizens who you’ve determined don’t make reasonable choices and shouldn’t be allowed to vote?

Sure sounds like your motive is suppressing the vote of those who you think are likely to vote for the other side.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    i would go so far to say that i think serving felons should be allowed to vote

certainly wouldnt be a popular public stance, but its what i think
    Of course because they all vote Democrat

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

or
    or
    I don't trust your judgment at all since you vote for Trump. He sucks and your judgment sucks just as badly if not worse.

Doesn't mean I want to disenfranchise you.

You've gotten way too comfortable with the practice tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I would be very surprised if ex-cons voted en bloc either way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should be a holiday.
    That is a good alternative.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

or
    or
    Your responses are getting worse and worse.

By this logic, blacks tend to overwhelming vote democrat so let's ban them too.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Yes or no
    If the state has released them back into society it’s presumably not worried about the choices said child molester is going to make. Certainly not my right to judge their decision making.

You keep focusing on child molesters even though that’s a very small subset of ex felons this law affects. The majority of them are non violent drug offenders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should be a holiday.
    Saturday is fine with at least a week of early voting thrown in.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    So who’s the arbiter of “reasonable choices” and “horrible politicians” exactly? You? Any other subset of American citizens who you’ve determined don’t make reasonable choices and shouldn’t be allowed to vote?

Sure sounds like your motive is suppressing the vote of those who you think are likely to vote for the other side.
    The bottom line is when you commit felonies you are not a reasonable person who makes reasonable choices. That should be pretty clear, Will Hunting

And you are twisting things as I have said I am not totally opposed to some of them having their voting rights restored. It depends, and I'd need to see some sort of guidelines or proposals by the experts on rehabiliatation . Prisons do not rehabiliatate, they just ins utionalize, unfortunately.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Saturday is fine with at least a week of early voting thrown in.
    That works too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yes or no
    Trump wishes them well so....

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Another strawman. Stick to letting Will fight for you

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

I’d say people voting for a trust fund baby with malignant narcissism who decided to downplay the severety a deadly airborne virus in order to prop up the stock market in an election year while killing hundreds of thousands of Americans in the process have really ty judgment.

Should probably take away their voting rights too.

Thread Information