My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ElNono gonna swim back across that river. I should go with him tbh.
    Not sure I can get you past det wall tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not even joking. We have a president who’s acting like a totalitarian dictator and ignoring the most basic checks and balances, and 40% of the country is perfectly fine with it.
    Rememba det one time when bad black president was going top open the founding father's mouth and take a there, but that's not really a concern now cuz president is white and racist, so it's actually ok.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not even joking. We have a president who’s acting like a totalitarian dictator and ignoring the most basic checks and balances, and 40% of the country is perfectly fine with it.
    I mean the republic has been dead. No one did when Trump ended the first amendment so why would they now? I remember an opinion article in the New York times right after Trump got elected from a Venezuelan who warned us Trump would be another Hugo Chavez, and it's happening.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I mean the republic has been dead. No one did when Trump ended the first amendment so why would they now? I remember an opinion article in the New York times right after Trump got elected from a Venezuelan who warned us Trump would be another Hugo Chavez, and it's happening.
    Hugo Chavez tried (and prior to the collapse in oil prices succeeded) in lifting a significant amount of Venezuelans out of poverty and shrinking wealth inequality. Trump is way worse than Chavez.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hugo Chavez tried (and prior to the collapse in oil prices succeeded) in lifting a significant amount of Venezuelans out of poverty and shrinking wealth inequality. Trump is way worse than Chavez.
    You heard this got is now talking about capital gains and income tax cuts by executive order?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is good for us.

Sucks for the trailer trash who do need the cash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Trump is a lot closer to Maduro than Chavez, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ElNono gonna swim back across that river. I should go with him tbh.
    Mexico might deport you if they find you

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's funny is that it's not a tax cut it's a different. No company is going to opt to not take the tax out they still have to pay it

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i thought i was alarmist when i found myself actively researching and making inquiries on making sure i could get all my funds in other countries and eliminating those that make things complicated...

absolutely will gtfo if he successfully steals another election

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    You heard this got is now talking about capital gains and income tax cuts by executive order?
    Yep.

Maybe I'm missing something but I think that'll even be too much for senate Republicans...if there's a precedent set that a president can cut taxes by executive order then the precedent would apply to raising taxes. The Republicans have already ed themselves in terms of eliminating the need for 60 votes for change the tax code, this might be a bridge too far.

Unless of course they're trying to burn the country down, which I'm starting to think is what's going on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Oh another bootlick tweet. Neat

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Flag of United StatesCol. Rob Maness ret.Flag of United States Robmaness
    When the Judicial branch didn’t rule the DACA EO uncons utional they opened the door for today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When the #FakeNewsMedia didn’t hold Obama accountable for DACA they held the door open for realDonaldTrump
    to walk through with his EOs today, uncons utional or not

Flag of United StatesCol. Rob Maness ret.Flag of United States Robmaness
    ·
    3h
    I am not a fan of EOs but at least Trump’s are focused on helping working Americans instead of Obama’s DACA only helping illegals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I Have Not Yet Begun To Pounce - Brian Cates
    @drawandstrike
    ADDENDUM:

This is 100% correct.

CHIEF JUSTICE ROBERTS HIMSELF OPENED UP THE DOOR FOR THIS WITH THAT DACA RULING JUST LAST MONTH.

Remember, TRUMP HIMSELF warned that this gives the President TOO MUCH POWER, if EO's **can't** be reversed by successors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This message is hidden because ducks is on your ignore list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Donald J. Trump Retweeted

Razor hale_razor
    ·
    6h
    Just think of it as DACA for Americans needing relief from unemployment and payroll taxes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is the DACA executive order a valid thing per SCOTUS but not this?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    If trump loses.....

We will find out who ducks is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I Have Not Yet Begun To Pounce - Brian Cates
    @drawandstrike
    ADDENDUM:

This is 100% correct.

CHIEF JUSTICE ROBERTS HIMSELF OPENED UP THE DOOR FOR THIS WITH THAT DACA RULING JUST LAST MONTH.

Remember, TRUMP HIMSELF warned that this gives the President TOO MUCH POWER, if EO's **can't** be reversed by successors.
    Did Trump try to reverse DACA with an executive order? Or did he simply try to cover himself politically and challenge the cons utionality of it so that he could get it struck down by the courts without having to take the heat for reversing it through his own executive action???

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Using an EO to make an end run around his own party's senate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has to pass the house also dumbass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has to pass the house also dumbass
    He'll declare victory over dems if it passes and pass blame on them if it doesn't. His loyal bootlicks will prop him up either way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Washington Examiner correspondent: Trump has 'the upper hand' politically after signing executive order

President Trump gained the "upper hand" Saturday and helped his reelection chances by signing four executive orders aimed at delivering relief to Americans struggling with the economic fallout of the coronavirus, according to the Washington Examiner's chief congressional correspondent.

"He definitely helped his cause by doing this, because what he's doing is two things," Susan Ferrechio said on "America's Election HQ." "He's taking away a talking point from Democrats who keep talking about the Republicans as being unwilling to help people."

I think Democrats are in a tough spot if they sue over this, even though they may have, you know, a good cause behind them to do so with the payroll taxes," Ferrechio said. "It'll look like they're suing to stop unemployment, rental eviction abatement, other things are really important to voters. So I think the president, you know, if this were a chess move that, you know, he's got a little bit of the upper hand right now politically."

Thread Information