My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the Trumpkins tripping over themselves to spin this about how Trump is brilliant for not paying taxes. you dumb Mother ers, there's plenty of people that avoid taxes by being clever and Trump isn't one of them. He avoided taxes because he was a horrendously ty businessman that lost mountains of money from being SO horrendously ty of a businessman. The only money he really made the last decade was from his gig pretending to be a successful businessman on the Apprentice, then he took all that money and threw it into his failing busisness empire. He's a ing incompetent moron that was only ever able to stay afloat by being a flim flam man that convinced even bigger morons that he was smart and clever. He has hundreds of millions in debts coming due soon that he cannot ing pay.

He didn't pay taxes because he is an abject failure.
    They don't care that he didn't pay his taxes...for them Trump is a maverick bucking the system no matter how dishonest or immoral...the real story here is how Trump proclaimed to be a self made billionaire who didn't need a president's salary because he's only president to stand up for the little guy...Trump is a fraud and he couldn't turn a profit even in his "greatest economy in the history of the world"...they bought his bull hook line and sinker...they got scammed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, like 5 minutes ago.
    yes, i realized that and edited my reply. want to know why? because the reporting is bs the way they promote the $750 and not the actual taxes paid out.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    yes, i realized that and edited my reply. want to know why? because the reporting is bs the way they promote the $750 and not the actual taxes paid out.
    $750 was the actual amount he paid in taxes for the year 2017.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks. Trump confirms that the disclosed tax information is correct, just obtained by alternate means.
    Alternate means - is that lib for illegal?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $750 was the actual amount he paid in taxes for the year 2017.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I think Joey is confusing taxes paid for 2017 with collective taxes paid from 2000 - 2017.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Joey is confusing taxes paid for 2017 with collective taxes paid from 2000 - 2017.
    no i think he just doesnt want to accept that he paid more in taxes than trump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    holy ing

going to be blunt here. i dont find any of this particularly damning or surprising.

so the crux is they released ads that tried to persuade would-be clinton voters to abstain from voting. aren't some of biden's anti-trump ads meant to do the same thing?

the fact that black people were disproportionately flagged isn't surprising either, as black people also disproportionately vote democrat, so it's natural they would be the more heavily targeted

now if this was the government of Wisconsin closing down polling places, etc, that would be a different story, like the NC voter ID stuff. but a campaign putting out negative ads... this isn't newsworthy tbh

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    going to be blunt here. i dont find any of this particularly damning or surprising.

so the crux is they released ads that tried to persuade would-be clinton voters to abstain from voting. aren't some of biden's anti-trump ads meant to do the same thing?

the fact that black people were disproportionately flagged isn't surprising either, as black people also disproportionately vote democrat, so it's natural they would be the more heavily targeted

now if this was the government of Wisconsin closing down polling places, etc, that would be a different story, like the NC voter ID stuff. but a campaign putting out negative ads... this isn't newsworthy tbh
    I agree with all of this, it’s just not a good look. I’ve gotta think at least a handful of Milwaukee residents who might not have otherwise planned to vote will vote now that they know a candidates strategy was to deter them.

The parts of the video where black women were blaming Trump for “disenfranchising!” them is ridiculous though. Not Trump’s fault that their primitive tribal instincts fall for cheap campaign tricks

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I largely agree. Targeting different groups with different messages is not uncommon. But the messaging is key. What ads were served to the "deterrence" group? A campaign actively trying to dissuade a certain demographic from voting at all certainly seems to cross a few lines.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I largely agree. Targeting different groups with different messages is not uncommon. But the messaging is key. What ads were served to the "deterrence" group? A campaign actively trying to dissuade a certain demographic from voting at all certainly seems to cross a few lines.
    the main ad that emphasized in the video was one with hillary's comments about super predators. thats like saying dems shouldnt have put out ads about trump's access hollywood tape because they were trying to dissuade a certain demographic (conservative women) from voting.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Does it though? If someone has the binary outcome of either voting for the other candidate or not voting at all, wouldnt a smart campaign do everything it can to nudge that person in the direction of not voting at all?

I don’t mean to sound like a Republican, but blaming the Trump campaign for low black turnout in Milwaukee is absurd. Trump didn’t do anything to make it harder for them to vote, his campaign just targeted that outcome. The fact they fell for it is their problem, not his.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the main ad that emphasized in the video was one with hillary's comments about super predators. thats like saying dems shouldnt have put out ads about trump's access hollywood tape because they were trying to dissuade a certain demographic (conservative women) from voting.
    The thing with negative ads is there's usually the implication that you should vote for the person running them instead of the person the ad is about. The superpredator ad is still a "vote for Trump" ad in spirit, so I agree that doesn't really move the needle. I was thinking something more along the lines of the Trump campaign setting up a fake "Blacks Against Voting" account and running ads that don't transparently identify as Trump funded ads. Seeing as that doesn't seem to be the story, I agree this is kind of a nothingburger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alternate means - is that lib for illegal?
    It means the tax returns are out. Didn’t you know?

Sorry to hear about that.

Do whhhhaaaattttt?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does it though? If someone has the binary outcome of either voting for the other candidate or not voting at all, wouldnt a smart campaign do everything it can to nudge that person in the direction of not voting at all?

I don’t mean to sound like a Republican, but blaming the Trump campaign for low black turnout in Milwaukee is absurd. Trump didn’t do anything to make it harder for them to vote, his campaign just targeted that outcome. The fact they fell for it is their problem, not his.
    Like you said, it's a bad look.

Legal? Yes. Smart? Definitely.

But we should want our candidates to be in the business of giving voters a reason to vote.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing with negative ads is there's usually the implication that you should vote for the person running them instead of the person the ad is about. The superpredator ad is still a "vote for Trump" ad in spirit, so I agree that doesn't really move the needle. I was thinking something more along the lines of the Trump campaign setting up a fake "Blacks Against Voting" account and running ads that don't transparently identify as Trump funded ads. Seeing as that doesn't seem to be the story, I agree this is kind of a nothingburger.
    video made reference to one such ad but it wasnt by the trump campaign or known to be affiliated with them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It means the tax returns are out. Didn’t you know?

Sorry to hear about that.

Do whhhhaaaattttt?
    It's not going to move the needle. I don't blame you for dodging the question.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not going to move the needle. I don't blame you for dodging the question.
    It's definitely legal for the Times to publish stories about them no matter how they were obtained.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Golden Parachute Fiorina going in on Trump right now calling him a terrible businessman

Guess it takes one to know one.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speculation, but plausible

Michael Cohen says

behind closed doors

Trump is probably panicking:

‘He’s lost, he’s confused, he’s dazed’

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/09/michael-cohen-says-behind-closed-doors-trump-is-probably-panicking-hes-lost-hes-confused-hes-dazed

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Has Nothing Else up His Sleeve

In business and in politics, he falls back on the same tricks, but his tax returns show how poorly those tricks work.

the Times revelations are important not only because they raise the question of whether the president is fleecing the federal government on taxes,

but because they illustrate his failures as a leader.

Trump has only a few tricks:

postponing all reckonings,

bluffing his way through his current mess without concern for the next one, and

falling back on his family.

The president has returned to these same maneuvers over and over, and

there’s no reason to expect that they will work out any better for the American people than they have for the Trump Organization.

In fact, the proof of Trump’s failure has already arrived.

the bigger revelation is how much money the president loses.

The tax returns reveal Trump to be an awful businessman,

rescued only by his father’s largesse and

his own skill in playing the part of a mogul on The Apprentice.

Trump has claimed all of these as business expenses for tax purposes.

He has engaged in a number of legally dubious maneuvers to transfer money to his children.

He is in a lengthy battle with the U.S. government over a refund of nearly $73 million he has claimed.

He has charged the U.S. Secret Service exorbitant rates to stay at his own hotels, even when the hotels were closed.

He invited a delegation led by Vice President Mike Pence to stay at his Doonbeg resort in Ireland, then charged taxpayers tens of thousands of dollars for it.

He attempted to host the G7 summit at his Doral resort (which the Times reveals to be perhaps his greatest white elephant),

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...-tricks/616515

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no i think he just doesnt want to accept that he paid more in taxes than trump
    nope, i think yall are mistaken but want to act like yall are in the loop which yall aren't.

we'll all find out eventually but today's not that day and yall don't know jack tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Just Lost Control of the Game

His tax returns dispel all his pretensions to wealth and sacrifice, and

his reelection campaign is running out of time.

Trump repeatedly insisted that the presidency had “cost me billions.” :lo

In an October 2018 call to
    Fox & Friends, he estimated the loss at $2 billion to $3 billion.

he upped the estimate of his sacrifice to $5 billion.

The definitive debunking of this lie now does two things.

First,

it melts Trump’s support a little more. Trump’s hopes for 2020 depended on fantastic overperformance with

white voters without college degrees.

He’s
    lost so much support elsewhere that he must hold every last member of his core group.

Second,

and perhaps more important, the ink-on-paper confirmation of Trump’s indebtedness, tax dodging, and all-around crookedness will get into Trump’s head.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...nother-moocher

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nope, i think yall are mistaken but want to act like yall are in the loop which yall aren't.

we'll all find out eventually but today's not that day and yall don't know jack tbh.
    We could find out today how wrong the NY Times is if Trump would release his returns.
    An audit does NOT preventing him from doing so as he claims.

Thread Information