My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump could face exposure of his post-election attempts to suborn his own DOJ to tilt a lost election in his favor; it has opined against executive privilege for this cluster of facts.

The Senate Judiciary Committee and House Oversight and Reform Committee launched investigations earlier this year into allegations that former President Donald Trump improperly sought to use the resources of the U.S. Department of Justice to help him overturn the 2020 presidential election. According to the New and Politico, the Department of Justice has now informed Trump administration witnesses that it does not support York Timesan assertion of executive privilege — in its presidential communications” and “deliberative process” components — on matters related to this nucleus of facts. As a result, the department has advised the witnesses that they may provide “unrestricted testimony.” (Update: the Department’s letters are now publicly available.)
    https://www.justsecurity.org/77610/u...-machinations/

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yer boy better hope so on the first, bouts. Otherwise when God opens the book on him he's gonna put Hussein in a room with no doors and time will measured in centuries, not minutes.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Trump could face exposure of his post-election attempts to suborn his own DOJ to tilt a lost election in his favor; it has opined against executive privilege for this cluster of facts.

https://www.justsecurity.org/77610/u...-machinations/
    - "Promises, promises."

- Ernie "The Cat" Ladd

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's the exact law legal experts think Trump broke when he ordered DOJ to declare election 'corrupt'

Trump told the top officials at the United States Department of Justice to declare the results of the 2020 election "corrupt" in a desperate bid to cling to power.

this is a clear violation of 18 U.S.C. § 610, which details actions that cons ute illegal coercion of political activity.

the law states that "it shall be unlawful for any person to intimidate, threaten, command, or coerce, or attempt to intimidate, threaten, command, or coerce, any employee of the Federal Government...

to engage in, or not to engage in, any political activity, including, but not limited to, voting or refusing to vote for any candidate or measure in any election, making or refusing to make any political contribution, or working or refusing to work on behalf of any candidate."

The law also states that anyone found guilty of this offense

"shall be fined under this le or imprisoned not more than three years, or both."

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-2020-election-doj

Will Garland move?

Will Pelosi impeach? for this and for The Trump-Made-Worse Pandemic

As always, failing to punish signals to the Repugs that they are Above the Law and will go further Above The Law next time.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 07-30-2021 at 12:18 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Here's the exact law legal experts think Trump broke when he ordered DOJ to declare election 'corrupt'

Trump told the top officials at the United States Department of Justice to declare the results of the 2020 election "corrupt" in a desperate bid to cling to power.

this is a clear violation of 18 U.S.C. § 610, which details actions that cons ute illegal coercion of political activity.

the law states that "it shall be unlawful for any person to intimidate, threaten, command, or coerce, or attempt to intimidate, threaten, command, or coerce, any employee of the Federal Government...

to engage in, or not to engage in, any political activity, including, but not limited to, voting or refusing to vote for any candidate or measure in any election, making or refusing to make any political contribution, or working or refusing to work on behalf of any candidate."

The law also states that anyone found guilty of this offense "shall be fined under this le or imprisoned not more than three years, or both."

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-2020-election-doj

Will Garland move?

Will Pelosi impeach? for this and for The Trump-Made-Worse Pandemic
    - "Promises, promises."

- Ernie "The Cat" Ladd

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - "Go down there and peacefully protest.

- President Trump

- You know they wanted to get rid of the Jefferson Memorial. Either take it down or just put somebody else in there. I don't think that's going to happen. It damn well better not. Although, with this administration, if this happens, it could happen. You'll see some really bad things happen.

Peace out with really bad things. Jan 6 talk had so much more.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ^^^

& that gov't cop shooting that unarmed woman, a patriot to death is living proof.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Philly tells the PA lege to get stuffed

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mike Lindell deemed 'a clear threat to the nation' after he spends 'tens of millions' undermining US democracy

journalist Anne Applebaum has grown so alarmed that she's deemed him "a clear threat to the nation."

Applebaum revealed that she recently spent time with Lindell and found him "affable" and "devout,"

before also declaring that he's a danger to the American republic.

In particular, she writes that

he's spending a fortune -- literally "tens of millions" of dollars" --

in his quest to undermine the 2020 election and

reinstall former President Donald Trump to the White House.

"Along with Bannon, Giuliani, and the rest of the conspiracy posse,

he is helping create profound distrust in the American electoral system,

in the American political system, in the American public-health system, and

ultimately in American democracy,"

https://www.rawstory.com/mike-lindell-2020-election

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With 12 days until the August 5, 2021 non-reinstatement of trump, what new q conspiracy has anyone heard as being the replacement conspiracy?

Asking for a beepboop’s mom.
    Six days until August 5, 2021 and non-reinstatement of trump.

BeepBoop's mom started a go-fund me drive to get more valium for her basement dwelling son.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump smears Capitol cops with misogynistic slur

is lashing out at Capitol Police officers who survived the January 6th insurrection

"In his retelling, Ashli Babbitt—who was shot and killed trying to enter the House chamber on Jan. 6—wasn't so much a rioter as she was an 'innocent, wonderful, incredible woman.'

And, in Trump's mind, some of the police officers who
    defended the Capitol that day aren't the real heroes,

calling them
    liberal 'pussies' who loathe MAGA,

and outliers within a broadly pro-Trump law enforcement community,"

"Trump has also maintained that these men seem 'broke' by the events of Jan. 6, and

that they do not have the supposed toughness or character of the law enforcement officers who, on the whole nationally, still
    widely support Trump and his policies,"

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-capitol-police

But Trash his sick self DOES HAVE
    toughness or character

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the law is pretty cut and dried on this; Barr and Mnuchin can't cover DJT's ass anymore

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump backs losers who back him

Former President Trump’s political action committee bought $348,081 worth of advertising to support Trump-backed candidate Mike Carey in a GOP primary in Ohio’s 15th Congressional District, according to forms filed with the Federal Election Commission.

The large, last-minute ad purchase by the Make America Great Again Action PAC was made the same day that another Trump-backed House candidate, Susan Wright, lost in a special election in Texas 6th District.

The former president has staked his entire political brand on his status as a kingmaker in the Republican Party. A second loss for a Trump-backed candidate in as many weeks would put a serious dent in Trump’s aura of invincibility.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/29/trum...xas-loss-.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OF COURSE TRUMP HAS SCAMMED MILLIONS FROM HIS NOT-VERY-BRIGHT SUPPORTERS

The ex-president has reportedly been using his political PAC as a slush fund for personal expenses.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/07/donald-trump-super-pac-slush-fund

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Justice Department says IRS must give Trump's tax returns to Congress

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-tax-returns-irs-congress-justice-department

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pootin knows more about Trash's cases than Americans

Russians hacked email accounts of federal prosecutors — including Southern District of New York

https://www.rawstory.com/solarwinds-...ns-prosecutors

Has Pootin told Trash, and his lawyers, what's going on at SDNY?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mike Lindell is now hoping Supreme Court allows a do-over election:

‘Maybe that’s a thing’

https://www.rawstory.com/mike-lindell-2654306920

Maybe it's not a Cons utional "thing", you ignorant
    polyurethane-foam-for-brains ex-crack addict.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Giuliani says he is “more than willing to go to jail”

if the American people “want to put me in jail.

And if they do, they’re going to suffer the consequences in heaven.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Almost 8 months in and you ing loony conspiracy re progressives are still trying to lick Trump's prostate. Yall are so ing pathetic!

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Almost 8 months in and you ing loony conspiracy re progressives are still trying to lick Trump's prostate.
    Impossible. You've been attached to it for five years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump aides know he must abandon 'broke' Rudy Giuliani —

even if he could end up like Michael Cohen

https://www.rawstory.com/rudy-giulia...ws-hes-trouble

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'A serious risk of prosecution':

Trump's PAC fundraising and spending questioned by legal experts

critics and legal experts alike who see evidence that the former president may be engaged in fraud as he amasses millions of dollars.

using his election loss to rake in millions for the purported reason of contesting his loss in the courts,

yet there are few dollars being spent on lawyers and a lot of questions about what the money is being used for.

Trump's "Save America" PAC, the report states, it "had raised a whopping $31.5m by year's end, but

Save America spent nothing on legal expenses in this same period

Save America only spent $340,000 on fundraising expenses last year

"Donald Trump is a one-man scam Pac.

Bait-and-switch is among his favorite fundraising tactics.

This time he's got the unlimited dark money group America First Policy Ins ute in on the racket."

"The president deceived his donors.

He asked them to give money so he could contest the election results,

but then he spent their contributions to pay off unrelated debts,"

"That's dangerously close to fraud.

If a regular charity –

or an individual who didn't happen to be president of the United States –

had raised tens of millions of dollars through that sort of deception,

they would face a serious risk of prosecution."

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-donation-fraud
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 08-02-2021 at 08:26 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

With a three-pronged plan, Trump's White House tried to topple our democracy

From late December to the violent culmination of events on January 6, the Trump White House engaged in a multi-pronged effort to topple the United States government.

It had the explicit goal of nullifying a U.S. presidential election so that the Trump White House could, acting in plain defiance of the rules set out in the Cons ution, maintain power.

there's not even a little question about what happened in the last days of December and early days of January.

Trump asked acting attorney general Jeffrey Rosen to
    "just say that the election was corrupt," then "leave the rest" to the White House and to Republicans in Congress.

Trump and others within the White House, including chief of staff Mark Meadows, also began calling Republican election officials in at least Arizona and Georgia to similarly pressure them to
    alter their vote totals in Trump's favor.

, Trump was encouraging members of his base to show up for a "march" on the U.S. Capitol on January 6,

scheduled to exactly coincide with the formal congressional acknowledgement of the electoral totals. Trump and his allies sought to assemble as large a crowd as possible, for the specifically cited purpose of pressuring the assembled Congress to overturn the election's outcome.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2043241

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump's shadow cabinet is more than just a bizarre scam --

it is an integral part of his ongoing coup

in the Trump shadow-universe he's created a shadow-government for his shadow-fans.

It's not as wacky an idea as it seems and

suggests Trump's solidifying his control over the GOP going toward 2022 and 2024.

Mark Meadows, appeared on a fringe rightwing TV internet show and repeatedly referred to Trump's "Cabinet."

"We met with several of our Cabinet members tonight," Meadows said. "We actually had a follow-up ... meeting with some of our Cabinet members."

Referring to Trump as "the president,"

just as Trump does himself in the daily fundraising emails I receive from him,

Meadows added,
    Trump is "a president who is fully engaged, highly focused and remaining on task."

Voltaire's old quote, that

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,"

is playing out right in front of our eyes.

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-s-sha...s-ongoing-coup

Thread Information