Page 948 of 1660 FirstFirst ... 44884889893894494594694794894995095195295899810481448 ... LastLast
Results 23,676 to 23,700 of 41486
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The anti-Greta: A conservative think tank takes on the global phenomenon

How a group allied with the Trump administration is paying a German teen to question established climate science.

Naomi Seibt is a 19-year-old German who, like Greta, is blond, eloquent and European.

But Naomi

denounces “climate alarmism,”

calls climate consciousness “a de ably anti-human ideology,”

and has even deployed Greta’s now famous “How dare you?” line to take on the mainstream German media.

“She’s a fantastic voice for free markets and for climate realism,” said James Taylor, director of the Arthur B. Robinson Center for Climate and Environmental Policy at the Heartland Ins ute, an influential libertarian think tank in suburban Chicago that has the ear of the Trump administration.

While the campaign “is not outright disinformation,” Brookie said in an email, it “does bear resemblance to a model we use called the

4d’s

dismiss the message,

distort the facts,

distract the audience, and

express dismay at the whole thing.”

“The tactic is intended to create an equivalency in spokespeople and message.

In this case, it is a

false equivalency

between a message based in climate science that went viral organically and

a message based in climate skepticism trying to catch up using paid promotion.”

Naomi echoes far-right skepticism about feminism and immigration.

she is not a member of AfD — she describes herself as libertarian — but acknowledges speaking at a recent AfD event.

An emeritus professor of physics at Princeton University, Happer has repeatedly argued that carbon emissions should be viewed as beneficial to society — not a pollutant that drives global warming.

Why would an American think tank want to get involved in German politics?

Because it worries that Berlin’s strong stance on reducing greenhouse-gas emissions could be contagious,

“Worse, other nations — including the United States and European Union nations — are increasingly being influenced by unwise German policy.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/clima...wpisrc=nl_most

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dennison

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Best People

Our new Director of National Intelligence didn't mention he was a shill for a corrupt oligarch

Richard Grenell,
    theincompetent buffoon and erstwhile Twitter troll who Donald Trump selected this week to oversee our entire National Intelligence apparatus, previously

worked as a paid consultant
    for a corrupt Moldovan oligarch, and

authored
    multiple articles for mainstream rightwing media outlets the either defended that oligarch or placed him in a more favorable light.

According to reporting by ProPublica,

he did this without telling anyone about his
    work for that oligarch, in potential violation of a federal anti-corruption statute.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...tail=emaildkre

Only s bags and gutless sycophants still work for Trash

=======================

U.S. Bans Fugitive Moldovan Tycoon From Entry For 'Significant Corruption'

https://www.rferl.org/a/fugitive-mol.../30375065.html

Last edited by boutons_deux; 02-24-2020 at 01:51 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Best Liars

National security adviser O'Brien lies on Sunday shows to parrot false Trump intelligence claims

Trump National Security Adviser Robert O'Brien took to multiple Sunday shows Today

to, evidently, lie outright to the American people on Donald Trump's behalf.

Parroting a Donald Trump line that does not mesh with any of the previously-known revealed intelligence about Russia's repeated efforts to disrupt United States elections via state-sponsored hacking and online propaganda efforts,

O'Brien is insisting that he "has not seen" any intelligence to indicate that Russia is again attempting to boost Donald Trump's campaign.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/2/23/1921426/-National-security-adviser-O-Brien-lies-on-Sunday-shows-to-parrot-false-Trump-intelligence-claims?detail=emaildkre

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump's new head of Intelligence is unqualified, but that's not the only reason he's dangerous

The Grenell appointment is intended to place the finger of one of Trump’s most vocal and rabid supporters

on the spigot where information gathered by our intelligence agencies such as the CIA and the NSA normally flows.

With Grenell in place, that information can be filtered, sanitized or otherwise manipulated by Trump for political ends.

Grenell has zero experience in intelligence,

has never worked in any capacity for a U.S. intelligence agency,

has zero experience in managing government agencies, and

is
    most prominently known for sending

a series of demeaning tweets

about the physical appearance of Democratic women. Grenell is gay!

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/2/22/1920848/-Trump-s-new-head-of-Intelligence-is-unqualified-but-that-s-not-the-only-reason-he-s-dangerous?detail=emaildkre

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Best Liars

National security adviser O'Brien lies on Sunday shows to parrot false Trump intelligence claims

Trump National Security Adviser Robert O'Brien took to multiple Sunday shows Today

to, evidently, lie outright to the American people on Donald Trump's behalf.

Parroting a Donald Trump line that does not mesh with any of the previously-known revealed intelligence about Russia's repeated efforts to disrupt United States elections via state-sponsored hacking and online propaganda efforts,

O'Brien is insisting that he "has not seen" any intelligence to indicate that Russia is again attempting to boost Donald Trump's campaign.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/2/23/1921426/-National-security-adviser-O-Brien-lies-on-Sunday-shows-to-parrot-false-Trump-intelligence-claims?detail=emaildkre

RIP national security intel

from now on it only matters what trump intel is approved by

A RUSSIAN ASSET

let that sink in

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's always a tweet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's always a tweet

all those quotation marks

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This Is How Kleptocracies Work

Trump’s pardons were shocking to some, but to me they were eerily familiar—straight out of the kleptocratic playbook I’ve studied in a dozen other countries.

A long, carefully designed, and meticulously executed investigation culminated in the arrest of a palace aide on charges of extorting a bribe.

But the man did not spend a single night in jail. Afghan President Hamid Karzai made a call; the aide was released; and the case was dropped.

Karzai later bragged about interfering, in terms akin to the “horribles” and “unfairs” we now hear emanating from the White House.

He likened the operation to the way people under Soviet rule were wrenched from their homes.

Corruption, I realized with a start, is not simply a matter of individual greed.

It is more like a sophisticated operating system,

employed by networks whose objective is to maximize their members’ riches.

And a bargain holds that system together:

Money and favors flow upward (from aides to presidents, for instance) and downward in return.

Subordinates owe fealty to their network higher-ups, and a cut of whatever revenue streams they manage to access.

In Afghanistan and other notorious kleptocracies I’ve studied,

such cash transfers might include a percentage of extorted bribes, or kickbacks on contracts for development projects.

Many government jobs carry an explicit purchase price, payable in a lump sum or indefinite monthly installments.

examples of such an upward money flow include the use of Trump’s hotels and other facilities by government officials and their agencies, either on public business—

so as to siphon taxpayer money from the U.S. Treasury into Trump’s coffers—or on a personal basis.

Direct payments more typically take the form of

campaign contributions, as were
    reportedly made by at least one beneficiary of the recent presidential pardons.

subordinates may owe in-kind services. Or submission to egregious and humiliating loyalty tests,

In return for this torrent of cash and favors and subservience,

those at the top of kleptocratic networks owe something precious downwards.

They owe their subordinates impunity from legal repercussions.

That is the other half of the bargain, without which the whole system collapses.

That’s why moves like Trump’s have to be advertised.

he was broadcasting a message to his network: Don’t worry. I stand by the deal.

Even a cursory look at the list of Trump’s February 19 beneficiaries suggests that

his aim was not to right the wrong of prosecutorial overreach,

but to send a similar message to his network—

to reinforce and perhaps expand it.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...s-work/606958/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all those quotation marks
    Pretty sure it's fake,it can be hard to tell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure it's fake,it can be hard to tell.
    Fake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump seems to have a thing for hiring NATSEC guys who carry water for strongmen like Orban and Erdogan.

Ric Genell is the new DNI.

An investigation by Responsible Statecraft has found that President Trump’s newly installed acting Director of National Intelligence, Richard Grenell, knowingly provided public relations services directed at U.S. media on behalf of a project funded by Hungary’s far-right government. Grenell didn’t register as a foreign agent under the Foreign Agent Registration Act (FARA), which is a requirement applying to individuals and en ies operating inside the U.S. as an “agent” of a “foreign principal.”
    https://responsiblestatecraft.org/20...ht-government/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unelected judges on the Ninth Court of Appeals good now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn experts, what to do they know?

‘Untreatable and incurable’:

Psychiatrist says Trump’s Harvey Weinstein rant was ‘a symptom’ of dementia

President Donald Trump’s lengthy, disjointed rant about convicted rapist and former film mogul Harvey Weinstein was a sign of dementia.

talking about Weinstein, in which the president went off on tangents about his 2016 election win and Weinstein’s donations to prominent Democrats,

Alzheimer’s dementia destroy (sic) the life of Fred Trump, and dementia tends to run in families.”

many psychiatric professionals who have regularly sounded the alarm on Trump’s mental faculties.

“my professional opinion is that Donald J. Trump is impaired to the extent that

he is not mentally, emotionally, or cognitively fit to meet the demands of the Presidency;

and that he is unable to preserve, protect, and defend the Cons ution

as required by his Oath of Office.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/02/unt...8460&list_id=1

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A VERITABLE revolt by Senators against Moscow Mitch and mentally ed Trash

70 former senators says if Republicans are brave enough to stand up to Trump and McConnell — they’ll help save them

Former U.S. senators are begging Republicans to do their jobs and uphold the Cons ution and

if doing so puts them in political danger,

the former senators said they’ll do whatever it takes to save them.

In a letter from 70 former senators in the Washington Post,

they accused the
    ( REPUG) Senate of not fulfilling their duties.

They explained that the framers of the Cons ution crafted Article I to give legislative powers for a reason.

Without use of those powers, lawmaking is handed to the less democratic judicial branch.

“We are writing to

encourage the creation of a bipartisan caucus of in bent senators

who would be committed to making the Senate function as the Framers of the Cons ution intended,”

blasted officials for ceding power to the president as well, citing war powers and regulation of international trade.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/02/70-former-senators-says-if-republicans-are-brave-enough-to-stand-up-to-trump-and-mcconnell-theyll-help-save-them/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=3811&re cip_id=298460&list_id=1

what about Moscow Mitch KILLING 400 bills passed by the House?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Judge Amy Berman Jackson restricts Roger Stone retrial hearing to audio only

due to Trump incitement

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/02/jud..._campaign=3811

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Notorious RBG blast back at Trash

RUTH BADER GINSBURG SAYS

TRUMP SHOULD RECUSE HIMSELF FROM ALL DECISIONS

INVOLVING THE FUTURE OF THE COUNTRY

WASHINGTON —Asserting that his personal interests put him in direct conflict with the interests of the United States of America,

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has demanded that Donald Trump recuse himself from all decisions involving the future of the U.S.

Speaking from her office at the Supreme Court, Ginsburg said that

Trump’s oft-stated allegiance to himself

makes it impossible for him

to render unbiased decisions on issues affecting people other than himself.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/ruth-bader-ginsburg-says-trump-should-recuse-himself-from-all-decisions-involving-the-future-of-the-country

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like how it was a GREAT cleanup job in Puerto Rico.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like how it was a GREAT cleanup job in Puerto Rico.
    It's well do ented that the Puerto rican officials were withholding aid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh look bot making up again. Qchris sad life

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look it up got

Thread Information