My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Twitter Totally Isn’t Buying Don Jr.’s Senate Testimony: ‘Absurd Even For a Tragically Incurious Dolt’

The transcript shows Trump Jr.

insisting that his father didn’t know about the meeting in advance, but it also includes tidbits like the part where it

appears Trump Sr. played a role in drafting the false statement on why the meeting took place.

Since the excerpts have already

provided some interesting new information,

Twitter users are taking notice and predicting that this will all

create new intrigue on Russia and potential campaign collusion.

< lots of tweets, much hilarity, incredulity >

https://www.mediaite.com/online/twitter-totally-isnt-buying-don-jr-s-senate-testimony-absurd-even-for-a-tragically-incurious-dolt/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    judge's full order on yesterday's manafort ruling

http://cdn.cnn.com/cnn/2018/images/05/15/manafort.pdf

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Given what was being said publicly, the Special Counsel would have been remiss to ignore such an obvious potential link between the Trump campaign and the Russian government. Thus, the indictment falls well within the authority granted to the Special Counsel to conduct the ongoing investigation previously confirmed by the then-Director of the FBI before Congress, “including . . . any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign.”
    lol TSA
    lol Chris

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    interesting note regarding the other case, though

The judge in that case, T.S. Ellis III, gave Manafort’s defense a much-needed boost earlier this month by expressing skepticism about Mueller’s authority to pursue charges with no obvious connection to Russia.

Ellis, an appointee of President Ronald Reagan, seized on the fact that the alleged fraud in the Virginia case dated back to 2005, about a decade before the Trump campaign came into existence. That arguably makes the case more factually removed from Mueller’s central mandate.

Manafort could still lose his motion if Ellis agrees with Jackson that the special counsel regulations can’t be enforced by defendants or finds that Rosenstein approved an expansion of Mueller’s authority for the bank and tax fraud charges. Even if the judge does find a violation, it’s possible he won’t dismiss the case but will simply reassign it to federal prosecutors in Virginia.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...ictment-590215

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    brah you cant be celebrating one judge's comments on manafort and then a few days later pretend you dont care about manafort
    You appear to be underestimating the depths of Chris' sophistry. Sure he can.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    interesting note regarding the other case, though
    The judge in that case, T.S. Ellis III, gave Manafort’s defense a much-needed boost earlier this month by expressing skepticism about Mueller’s authority to pursue charges with no obvious connection to Russia.

Ellis, an appointee of President Ronald Reagan, seized on the fact that the alleged fraud in the Virginia case dated back to 2005, about a decade before the Trump campaign came into existence. That arguably makes the case more factually removed from Mueller’s central mandate.

Manafort could still lose his motion if Ellis agrees with Jackson that the special counsel regulations can’t be enforced by defendants or finds that Rosenstein approved an expansion of Mueller’s authority for the bank and tax fraud charges. Even if the judge does find a violation, it’s possible he won’t dismiss the case but will simply reassign it to federal prosecutors in Virginia.
    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...ictment-590215[/FONT][/COLOR]
    I figured the reassignment scenario is worst-case. I had a thought that Gates and Manafort could be seen as extending the conspiracy involving the older fraud well into the time they were employed by Trump.

Manafort still looks totally screwed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't cream my pants. Just pointed to the fact that Mueller got rejected twice by two different judges. This sent you off into a tangent for some reason. You can play revisionist history and project all you like.
    The motion to dismiss will be denied for a number of reasons.
    First, the indictment falls squarely within that portion of the authority granted to the Special Counsel that Manafort finds unobjectionable: the order to investigate “any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign.”
    But even if one posits that the scrutiny of Manafort’s alleged activities on behalf of Ukraine did not flow from the investigation of “links” to Russia that was assigned to the Special Counsel, and that instead, it was a “matter that arose” from that investigation, the indictment should not be dismissed.
    Also, even if a judge were to conclude that the regulations could give rise to rights that can be enforced in a courtroom, the Acting Attorney General did not violate those regulations when he exercised his statutory authority to authorize the Special Counsel to investigate not only “links and/or coordination,” but also, “any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation.”
    Finally, the case did not arise in a vacuum, and the Special Counsel did not create his own job description. He was appointed to take over an existing investigation, and it appears from the chronology and the written record that the matters contained in the Superseding Indictment were already a part of the ongoing inquiry that was lawfully transferred to the Special Counsel by the Department of Justice in May of 2017.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Boom!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Fredo Jr.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New ruling: Manafort's effort to dodge federal charges just landed him in twice as much trouble

Special Counsel Bob Mueller leveled charges against former Trump campaign chair Paul Manafort in federal courts in both D.C. and Virginia. Together, the

two cases span 30 charges.

unlikely Manafort’s attempt to get the Virginia charges dropped is to succeed. Instead, he’ll likely to have to defend himself in two districts.

Problem for Manafort is that the judge’s tirade signaling his hostility to Mueller’s case probably cons uted reversible error; an adverse ruling isn’t likely to hold up on appeal.

judge Amy Berman Jackson has not just eviscerated Manafort’s argument but done so in an extensive, extremely quotable salvo equally applicable to his Virginia case.

Judge Berman Jackson notes that even if “a judge” ruled that Manafort can challenge the scope of Mueller’s authority based on Special Counsel Regulations,

which are internal to the Department of Justice and not something Manafort can sue under,

those Regulations still don’t help Manafort.

Manafort seems likely to end up fighting charges in two jurisdictions in separate proceedings, which’s gotta be less cost and time efficient, especially if he’s bringing lawyers in from D.C. for every appearance.

On the other hand, it could buy him time if his backup goal is to prolong the proceedings as long as possible.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...tail=emaildkre

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

wow

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    FBI has been investigating that for months.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

jr

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's a natural segue from adoptions

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forget about whether Team Trump got 'dirt' at Trump Tower—the Russians found plenty of promise there

Considering that the Russian lawyer and key participant, Natalia Veselnitskaya, admitted last month to being an "informant" for the Russian government,

one has to wonder what she informed Russian officials about following the meeting.

What's the first thing she told them?

We promised Team Trump information that "would incriminate Hillary" and "be very useful" to Donald Trump's candidacy, and

three of the campaign's top officials showed up at the meeting:

Trump's eldest son, Don Jr.,

Trump's son-in-law and director of digital outreach, Jared Kushner, and

Trump's campaign manager, Paul Manafort.

Veselnitskaya's takeaway: They were eager and open for business with us.

Don Jr. also expressed disappointment to the Judiciary panel about what little dirt actually materialized in the meeting: “All else being equal, I wouldn’t have wanted to waste 20 minutes..."

The Russians also got an opening from Don Jr. on

potentially easing sanctions imposed on Russia by the Magnitsky Act,

Don Jr. closed the meeting by hinting at a quid pro quo.

Donald Trump Jr. shut down the June 2016 meeting at Trump Tower by telling his Russian guests perhaps

they'd revisit the discussion about lifting sanctions legislation should his father win the election.

Team Trump appears to have been open to the idea of getting help from a Russian social media network,

VK, with voter turnout among Russian-speaking Americans.

"I'm following up on an email [from] a while back of something I had mentioned to Don and Paul Manafort during a meeting recently," Goldstone wrote to Scavino on June 29. [...] "

At the time, Paul had said he would welcome it, and so I had the VK folks mock up a basic sample page, which I am resending for your approval now," Goldstone wrote.

one more example of Team Trump's openness to Russian help in the election.

Bottom line:

Team Trump may not have been impressed with the dirt it sought to obtain, but the Russians clearly got the message the Trump camp was plenty eager for the Kremlin's help.

t Sen. Dianne Feinstein outlined in her statement summarizing the do ents:

• The Trump campaign accepted this offer of “official do ents and information that would incriminate Hillary [Clinton],” which was also described as “part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump.”

• Top campaign officials Paul Manafort, Jared Kushner, and Donald Trump Jr. did not reject the offer of election assistance from a hostile foreign government. Nor did they report this offer to law enforcement authorities. Instead, they attended the meeting.

• Afterwards, Donald Trump Jr. issued misleading statements, with assistance from the White House, that concealed the meeting’s true purpose.

All of those signals left the door wide open for other approaches by the Kremlin.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/1764793

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

TSA's hero going down with the ship.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

TSA's hero going down with the ship.
    Carter Page the active Russian spy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carter Page the active Russian spy
    Carter Page the active FBI agent who the FBI decided to get a FISA warrant to monitor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    She doesn't have it right.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carter Page the active FBI agent who the FBI decided to get a FISA warrant to monitor
    double agent

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Illegal wiretapping
    Still pushing that ty false narrative

Thread Information