Page 2 of 2100 FirstFirst 12345612521025021002 ... LastLast
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ADDENDUM:::Rest assured, we will know when it's not FAKE NEWS. It'll be right there in front of us. Until then I will battle the scourge of FAKE NEWS with every fiber of my being.

This, THIS, I vow.
    It's in front of you. You're just too lazy to find it. You'd rather kneel.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's in front of you. You're just too lazy to find it. You'd rather kneel.
    It's FAKE NEWS. I ain't doin' FAKE NEWS. No way.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This is what people voted for. Lies.
    Voting for Clinton is double the lies, tbh

No high ground for you, Reck

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell you what, you show where the Times (FAKE NEWS) was bad and was forced to apologize

and we'll discuss further. If not, then the conclusion of you being nothing more than a kneeling cheerleader with no voice of your own stands.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's FAKE NEWS. I ain't doin' FAKE NEWS. No way.
    Hook line and kneeler

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Hook line and kneeler
    I am accepting the responsibility to guard this post for the presence of FAKE NEWS. It's an august position to which I am fully capable to accomplish.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what people voted for. Lies.
    Shall we bring up the many millions of dollars in speaking fees public servants Hillary and Bill "earned" from their Wall Street buddies behind closed doors? Her con uously planned state trips coincidentally being followed up with massive donations to her foundation? Her private e-mail server and its tens of thousands of deleted personal files? Her campaign's unabashed, widespread and purposeful collusion with both the DNC and mainstream media giants during the primaries and beyond?

Dont forget...
    "Gold standard"
    Defending racist lending tactics in public only months before the crash that annihilated some 40-50% of all black wealth
    "Marriage is between one man and one woman"
    Various slurs against jews especially
    Acceptance of donations from conservative muslims who support honor killings, mandate sharia law and deny women even the most basic rights

Everyone who voted voted for lies. You love lies, .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘Maybe he had a case of the dumbass’: Ret. Army Gen. slams Flynn for thinking he’s ‘above the law’

Lt. Gen. Hertling confessed that it “pained” him to discuss Flynn because they served as officers together.
    “He has shown a complete disrespect for the office of the president,” Hertling said.
    He explained that as soldiers they have an obligation to lead with integrity and right now he sees an “integrity crisis.”
    “The problem with Mike Flynn right now, I see it in three ways, either

he’s had an extreme case of the dumb ass,

he thinks he was above the law, or

there was an integrity violation,”

Hertling continued.

“All three of those things is something we don’t want in someone who’s working next to the most powerful man in the world.

And too, we have a president, you know, we say in the military, ‘An organization takes its lead from the top. And it becomes like the leader.’

We have seen a loose association with integrity from the entire administration, as you have seen tonight with Sean er and Kellyanne Conway and now Mike Flynn. So, I think we have some problems in this area.”

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/02/mayb...e+Raw+Story%29

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Voting for Clinton is double the lies, tbh

No high ground for you, Reck
    That doesn't even make sense.

You can say she's greedy and would have done this and that but what are you basing that voting for her is double the lies? Which lies?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mike Flynn gets thrown under a Russia-shaped bus

National Security Adviser Michael Flynn apparently assumed no one listens to phone calls with the Russian ambassador.

You may recall that National Security Adviser Mike Flynn had a much-ballyhooed phone call with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak in December, right around when then-President Barack Obama announced new sanctions against Russia. At the time, the Trump administration said Flynn had merely been wishing Kislyak a merry Christmas.

It turns out, shockingly, that was completely bogus. [Vox / Zack Beauchamp]

The Washington Post reported Thursday night that Flynn and Kislyak had in fact not only discussed sanctions but had implied that they'd be rolled back under President Trump. In other words, Flynn, not yet a government official, was working with a foreign government to undermine existing US policy. [Washington Post / Greg Miller, Adam Entous, and Ellen Nakashima]

(It's not clear why anyone thought this wasn't going to come to light. Flynn, a former and current intelligence officer, somehow appears to have believed no one would be monitoring an American's calls to the Russian ambassador.) [NYT / Matthew Rosenberg and Matt Apuzzo]

Members of team Trump appear to be responding to the latest revelation by blaming each other. Aides for Mike Pence (who went on a TV interview tour to back up the "Christmas call" story) have sworn that Flynn lied to Pence, presumably to make sure the scandal doesn't hurt Pence as well. [Politico / Matthew Nussbaum and Kyle Cheney]

Flynn, after all, is in a relatively weak position in the factionalized Trump White House — he's apparently fallen somewhat out of favor with the Steve Bannon faction. [NYT / Glenn Thrush and Maggie Haberman]

No one in the Trump White House appears to be happy right now. No one appears to trust each other. And some believe it's only a matter of time before heads start to roll. [Politico / Alex Isenstadt, Kenneth P. Vogel, and Josh Dawsey]

http://www.vox.com/2017/2/10/14583064/vox-sentences-mike-flynn-russian-ambassador-call

10 days to go in Trash's first month!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Six stunning aspects of the Flynn scandal

First,

Flynn appears to have repeatedly misled the public and his colleagues about his calls. Vice President Pence went out publicly to repeat Flynn’s defense. (“The emerging details contradict public statements by incoming senior administration officials including Mike Pence, then the vice president-elect.”) It’s not clear whether Flynn’s credibility is irreparably damaged, but allowing the vice president to put his own credibility in jeopardy is no small matter. After multiple, definitive denials, his claim of a faulty memory seems dubious.

Second,

this week a story also leaked that
    Trump called Flynn in the middle of the night to ask if the United States wanted a strong or weak dollar. How would that story have gotten out other than by Flynn relating it to others (either to the press directly or to colleagues who talked to the press)? At a time the White House is greatly alarmed by leaks, questions must surely be raised as to whether Flynn is sufficiently discreet.

Third,

a whole lot of people — “current and former U.S. officials” — don’t like him very much. (“Nine current and former officials, who were in senior positions at multiple agencies at the time of the calls, spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss intelligence matters.”) Frankly, they ratted him out, knowing this would severely damage his credibility. That doesn’t speak well of his long-term prospects in an administration rife with conflict and back-biting.

Fourth,

Flynn is still under investigation, which raises the question of how he is being allowed to perform his duties as national security adviser.

Fifth,

this episode will only heighten concerns about Flynn’s pro-Russian sensibilities. (“Like Trump, Flynn has shown an affinity for Russia that is at odds with the views of most of his military and intelligence peers. Flynn raised eyebrows in 2015 when he appeared in photographs seated next to Putin at a lavish party in Moscow for the Kremlin-controlled RT television network.”)

Sixth,

this is hardly a standalone incident when one considers the travel ban fiasco, press secretary Sean er’s vitriolic interactions with the press, Trump’s errant tweets, and ongoing confusion over everything from
    the president’s support for the Gang of Eight (the White House had to deny he was in support after a meeting with Democratic senators) to his position on Obamacare repeal. One sees a stunning level of turmoil in a White House that has virtually no senior official with prior White House experience.

The fear among many Democrats and Republicans was that Cabinet officials would be cut out of the loop in this presidency; now the question is whether the White House staff is so dysfunctional as to require a shake-up.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.d5b14e4f2e54

so-called Pres Trash is so ed, so very out of his very shallow kiddie pool

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Flynn walking back his denial is newsworthy in and of itself. Trump Administration can't get it's story straight.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Flynn gone

er gone

...soon

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Flynn gone

er gone

...soon
    That's what you said about DeVos. That's what you said about Sessions. That's what you said about er.

They're all still there.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    He's going to drop out of the race any day now

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    [[[DeploreThis a day ago"A Trump administration official told The Associated Press..."
    Who? Name them! Otherwise it's just BS!

"The Washington Post, citing several current and former U.S. officials..."
    WHO?! Obozo's cabinet!? The most untrustworthy people ever to walk the earth? McCain and Gramnasty? WHO??!!

This "anonymous voices in the dark" BS has GOT TO STOP!!! The free press is nothing but a pack of partisan liars. They can't be trusted.]]]

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Top Democrats are demanding that President Trump fire Michael Flynn immediately after Flynn was busted for possibly undermining Russian sanctions behind President Obama's back.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reports: CIA Denies Security Clearance For Top Flynn Aide

A top aide picked by National Security Adviser Michael Flynn was rejected for a critical security clearance, effectively ending the aide's ability to serve in a position on the National Security Council, multiple outlets reported Saturday.

Robin Townley, Flynn's pick for the NSC's senior director for Africa, was denied for a "Sensitive Compartmented Information"

clearance, unnamed sources told Politico and ABC News. Without that clearance, Townley cannot serve on the NSC post, according to the reports.

It's reportedly been made even messier because the rejection was approved by CIA director Mike Pompeo.

Because Townley is a close ally of Flynn's, the reported rejection only served to deepen the tension between Flynn and others in the Trump administration and the intelligence community.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...+%28TPMNews%29

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That doesn't even make sense.

You can say she's greedy and would have done this and that but what are you basing that voting for her is double the lies? Which lies?
    tbh i dont know what i meant about the double part

Must have been zoned out while posting on my phone.

She's a liar tho, you can't deny that. "public and private position" "ill look into releasing my speeches" "i was basing it off abraham lincoln"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Circling wagons around the President: Chris Christie and Stephen Miller are on TV today pressuring Flynn to explain his changing story to Pence.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s National Security Adviser Didn’t Know How to Call the National Guard

“Several staff members said that Mr. Flynn, who was a career Army officer, was not familiar with how to call up the National Guard in an emergency — for, say, a natural disaster like Hurricane Katrina or the detonation of a dirty bomb in an American city.”

Not knowing how to call the National Guard up during an emergency even for a few minutes literally endangered all Americans.

It is something every administration should know before they walk in the door. Regular administrations do know this.

It’s something incoming administrations are briefed on during the transition.

But the Trump administration blew many of those transition briefings off.

Trump himself said he didn’t need to attend intelligence briefings because,

“You know, I’m, like, a smart person.”

Flynn was also surprised to learn that President Trump couldn’t just order up some foreign arms sales all by himself.

And it seems there was no one around who could explain this to him.

“Two people with direct access to the White House leadership said Mr. Flynn was surprised to learn that the State Department and Congress play a pivotal role in foreign arms sales and technology transfers.

So it was a rude discovery that Mr. Trump could not simply order the Pentagon to send more weapons to Saudi Arabia — which is clamoring to have an Obama administration ban on the sale of cluster bombs and precision-guided weapons lifted — or to deliver bigger weapons packages to the United Arab Emirates.”

Trump said he would surround himself with the best people.

He did not.

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/02/...iticus+USA+%29

The Three Stooges administration, over and over and over.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5 Disturbing New Revelations About Trump's Dysfunctional National Security Council

From a National Security advisor who knows how to reach Putin but doesn't know how to call the National Guard,

to botched executive orders and Make America Great again mugs showing up at meetings with foreign leaders, it is

"so far a very dysfunctional NSC,”

1. Foreign policy is being conducted on Twitter.

Much like the cabinet fumbling around for light switches and a door knob leading out of the Oval Office from last week's damning article,

National Security Council staff wake up in the dark. They "get up in the morning, read President Trump’s Twitter posts and struggle to make policy to fit them."

In other administrations they'd have non-social media data to operate on. In the reign of Trump,

Twitter is their only source of information about what the commander-in-chief is thinking.

The Times continues, "most are kept in the dark about what Mr. Trump tells foreign leaders in his phone calls." Because of all the leaks, many NSC staff are making their own communications encrypted, for fear of being monitored for leaks.

2. Michael Flynn is a little too cozy with Russia, and Trump continues to play dumb.

National Security Advisor Michael Flynn is being investigated to determine whether he unlawfully discussed lifting President Obama's sanctions on Russia, and other potential areas of cooperation with the Russian government before Trump was in office. According to an earlier Times report, he indicated "that the Obama administration was Moscow’s adversary and that relations with Russia would change under Mr. Trump."

Trump, when asked about Flynn's Russia ties on Air Force One, suggested he was unware of the controversy.

When aide Stephen Miller was asked about the connections on Meet the Press Sunday, he demurred, saying, "that is a question for the president," though he readily shared his views on a range of other topics. Meanwhile, according to the Times, "aides said over the weekend in Florida — where Mr. Flynn accompanied the president and Japan’s prime minister, Shinzo Abe — that Mr. Trump was closely monitoring the reaction to Mr. Flynn’s conversations." In case readers needed additional nightmare fodder,

Flynn also apparently has no idea how to call the National Guard in the event of a Hurricane Katrina-like natural disaster or a terrorist attack in a major city.

3. Trump can't read a full policy memo, demands maps and graphs.

President Obama, the Times notes, preferred policy memos to be three-to-six pages.

Trump on the other hand, can only handle a single illustraged page.

"The president likes maps," one anonymous official told the New York Times. Sure, every boss wants concise memos, but one would hope the leader of the free world might have the patience for more than a page filled mostly with pictures.

4. The director of the CIA and the Secretary of Defense never saw many of Trump's executive orders.

Considering the most controversial executive order involved a supposed national security threat from immigrants, one would think the president's top advisors on these matters might need to be consulted, or at least in the loop. The lack of communciation was so bad that CIA director Michael Pompeo thought he had been booted from the NSC: "One order had to be amended after it was made public, to reassure Mr. Pompeo that he had a regular seat on the council." Another Pentagon official the Times spoke to only saw a draft order on prisoner treatment because it was leaked: "He called the White House to find out if it was real and said he had concerns but was not sure if he was authorized to make suggestions."

5. KT McFarland treats NSC staff meetings like Fox News.

McFarland, a Reagan veteran who most recently worked for Fox News, can't seem to shake the television tics.

She uses her television experience to force council members to make their points quickly, and, "she signals when to wrap up, several participants said."

She also repeatedly tells staff to Make America Great Again. Trump, who never met a branding opportunity he didn't love, apparently has enough mugs with the phrase that staff members bring them into meetings with foreign dignitaries.

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-pol...curity-council

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    "hey, this flynn getting fired thing is nothing at all. for christs sakes, he had a show based on firing people."

Thread Information