Page 2000 of 2100 FirstFirst ... 1000150019001950199019961997199819992000200120022003200420102050 ... LastLast
Results 49,976 to 50,000 of 52486
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know why you're so invested in Flynn getting screwed.
    No one made him lie.

He's a security risk and there is no way in he should've been National Security Adviser for the United States of America.

Don't know why you're so invested in being his apologist.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know why you're so invested in Flynn getting screwed.
    I know?

Hes supposedly a really nice liar who did not even tell Trump he was a registered foreign agent helping Turkey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2000 pages lawdy where is djohn??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one made him lie.

He's a security risk and there is no way in he should've been National Security Adviser for the United States of America.

Don't know why you're so invested in being his apologist.
    He was a national security risk? Based on what?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    i dont know that a factual basis didnt exist. there are transcripts of his calls with kislyak, and notes reflecting what he told the Feds, during an ongoing investigation.

i'm not saying that i know or believe for a fact that it was all kosher, but i dont have much reason to believe it wasnt, other than the DOJ's curious recent change in tune. would have loved to have a ruling or judicial opinion on the matter
    You don’t know?

Sullivan said it himself.

Under Rule 11, before Judge Sullivan could “enter judgment” on Gen. Flynn, he needed to determine that there was a factual basis — as to EACH element of the charged offense.

Here’s the part where he screwed up.

He didn’t do that — which he confirmed with his own comments, not once, but twice.

"P. 19
    Mr. Flynn admitted that his false statements or omissions impeded and had a material impact on the investigation, and when I ask questions of the government, I need to know answers about how he impeded the investigation and what the material impact on the investigation was."

Judge Sullivan states in open court and on the record he still does not know how the false statements were material. Without knowing that, he can’t determine if there actually is a factual basis for Gen. Flynn’s guilty plea because Judge Sullivan MUST KNOW that factual basis BEFORE he can adjudge Gen. Flynn to be guilty of the offense to which he is pleading guilty.

But Judge Sullivan didn’t just say he didn’t know if the statements were material one time — he came back to it at the end of the hearing and confirmed a second time that he didn’t know if Gen. Flynn’s statements were material.

"P. 50
    THE COURT: Let me just throw this out. Let me just share this with you. What I could do, and maybe it’s not appropriate to do it now, and maybe it’s not appropriate to do it in March. At some point — it probably won’t surprise you that I had many, many, many more questions, and at some point what I may do is share those questions with counsel so you can give some thought, maybe do some additional research to be prepared for an eventual sentencing. I’m not sure if I want to do that. I was not going to spend another hour and share those questions with you in open court today, had you decided to postpone sentencing, but I may do that. I’m not sure. These are questions that you would be prepared to answer anyway, such as, you know, how the government’s investigation was impeded? What was the material impact of the criminality? Things like that.

So, when discussing what might take place at the next hearing, Judge Sullivan reaffirms that he still needs to hear from both sides why Gen. Flynn’s statements were “material.”

Judge Sullivan entered judgment on a guilty plea without first finding that a factual basis existed. That violated the requirements of Rule 11, and makes the guilty plea unsound.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Judge Sullivan now says this is not over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based on his lying to the investigators and administration about his foreign contacts.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I think that's a sound argument that could've been brought up in appeals. That's basically how the judicial works. It doesn't nullify the entire trial unless a higher instance says it does.
    It’s unfortunate the lead prosecutor lied to the judge and hid evidence from the defense, I too wanted to see Sullivan rule on the case.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    2000 pages lawdy where is djohn??
    Fitting we are on page 2000 and that broke welshing got still owes me $2000

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he said one thing to the russians
    he said something different (about the same conversation) to pence
    pence publicly revealed what fynn said - which was not what flynn told the russians
    the russians knew flynn lied to his own boss and they now knew they could blackmail flynn or expose his lies
    the fbi listened to the conversation because they always listen to the russian spies and the russians listen to our calls

sally yates did her duty and reported it to the white house- thinking it might be an honest administration

in a clean - non- criminal white house - flynn would have been immediately fired and yates would get a thank you

in a corrupt - russian compromised trump white house

they kept flynn for three weeks - until the wapo or ny times exposed the truth

then the lies/cover up began

and here we are

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    i dont know that a factual basis didnt exist. there are transcripts of his calls with kislyak, and notes reflecting what he told the Feds, during an ongoing investigation.

i'm not saying that i know or believe for a fact that it was all kosher, but i dont have much reason to believe it wasnt, other than the DOJ's curious recent change in tune. would have loved to have a ruling or judicial opinion on the matter
    curious recent change of tune

Did you completely miss what Jensen uncovered?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Judge Sullivan now says this is not over.
    he's going to allow amicus briefs... interesting

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Lost in all this is the recent revelation from Crowdstrike testimony that they never had proof Russia exfiltrated any emails. No one even attempted to touch that one

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's going to allow amicus briefs... interesting
    does that mean? Allowing a third party to do what what the DOJ refused to do?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lost in all this is the recent revelation from Crowdstrike testimony that they never had proof Russia exfiltrated any emails. No one even attempted to touch that one
    Asked by the head of the committee, Adam Schiff, when the emails from the DNC were exfiltrated, Henry replied: "We did not have concrete evidence that data was exfiltrated from the DNC, but we have indicators that it was exfiltrated."

And in response to another query, Henry said: "There are times when we can see data exfiltrated, and we can say conclusively. But in this case, it appears it was set up to be exfiltrated, but we just don't have the evidence that says it actually left."

https://www.itwire.com/security/crow...nc-emails.html

Sounds reasonable.

What's your theory?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    It’s unfortunate the lead prosecutor lied to the judge and hid evidence from the defense, I too wanted to see Sullivan rule on the case.
    Also unfortunate the FBI never had a properly predicated investigation going when they went around WH/DOJ protocol and Comey sent two agents in to “interview”Flynn after persuading him WH counsel was not needed and the proceeded to not write up a 302 in five days as is required but then only completed the 302 3 weeks later and one of the agents edited so much he was worried about keeping the same voice of the agent who actually wrote it, and sent it to a DOJ lawyer who was never in the room for the interview and shouldn’t ever touch it to edit further.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Flynn shouldn't have lied.

King Spk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    does that mean? Allowing a third party to do what what the DOJ refused to do?
    amicus briefs are more common in high profile supreme court cases... basically when outside parties can chime in and give arguments before a ruling is made

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also unfortunate the FBI never had a properly predicated investigation going when they went around WH/DOJ protocol and Comey sent two agents in to “interview”Flynn after persuading him WH counsel was not needed and the proceeded to not write up a 302 in five days as is required but then only completed the 302 3 weeks later and one of the agents edited so much he was worried about keeping the same voice of the agent who actually wrote it, and sent it to a DOJ lawyer who was never in the room for the interview and shouldn’t ever touch it to edit further.

you just

flat out lie

make up

and you are always 100% wrong

just like pizzagate

ing liar - just like your heroes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, what's wrong with it? These are a number of agents that have evidence in their possession and the person they're interviewing doesn't know about it. You don't think they're going to prepare for the interview?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    amicus briefs are more common in high profile supreme court cases... basically when outside parties can chime in and give arguments before a ruling is made
    We should, however, point out that this is a fairly exceptional cir stance, both for criminal cases and in this particular situation.

While it's true that the DOJ move was also exceptional, I don't recall a similar motion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not Van Grack's fault that Sullivan isn't ruling on the case, tbh... nor on the merits on the DOJ's allegations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From the same group that wants porous borders

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From the same group that wants porous borders
    straw man

You can't talk about any actual topic anymore. We broke you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    straw man

You can't talk about any actual topic anymore. We broke you.
    ^hive mind

Thread Information