Page 2035 of 2100 FirstFirst ... 1035153519351985202520312032203320342035203620372038203920452085 ... LastLast
Results 50,851 to 50,875 of 52486
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    More willful blindness by the media on spying by Obama administration

The Washington press corps seems engaged in a collective demonstration of the legal concept of willful blindness, or deliberately ignoring facts, following the release of yet another declassified do ent that directly refutes past statements about the Russia collusion investigation. The do ent shows the FBI used a security briefing of then candidate Donald Trump and top aides to gather possible evidence for Crossfire Hurricane, its code name for the Russia investigation.

What is astonishing is that the media has refused to see what should be one of the biggest stories in decades. The Obama administration targeted the campaign of the opposing party based on false evidence. The media endlessly covered former Obama administration officials ridiculing suggestions of spying on the Trump campaign or of improper conduct in the Russia investigation. When Attorney General William Barr told the Senate last year that he believed spying did occur, he was lambasted in the media, including by James Comey and others involved in that investigation. The mocking "wow" response of the fired FBI director received extensive coverage.

The new do ent shows that, in the summer of 2016, FBI agent Joe Pientka briefed Trump campaign advisers Michael Flynn and Chris Christie on national security issues, a standard practice ahead of the election. It included a discussion of Russia interfering in the election. But this was different. The do ent detailing the questions asked by Trump and his aides and their reactions was filed a few days after the meeting under Crossfire Hurricane and Crossfire Razor, the FBI investigation of Flynn. The two FBI officials listed who approved the report are Kevin Clinesmith and Peter Strzok.

Clinesmith is the former FBI lawyer responsible for the FISA surveillance conducted on members of the Trump campaign. Clinesmith opposed Trump and sent an email after the election declaring "viva the resistance." He is reportedly under review for possible criminal charges for altering a FISA court filing. The FBI had used Trump adviser Carter Page as a basis for the original FISA application, due to his contacts with Russians. Soon after that surveillance was approved, however, federal officials discredited the collusion allegations and noted that Page was a CIA asset. Clinesmith had allegedly changed the information to state that Page was not working for the CIA.

Strzok is the FBI agent whose violation of FBI rules led Justice Department officials to refer him for possible criminal charges. Strzok did not hide his intense loathing of Trump and famously referenced an "insurance policy" if Trump were to win the election. After FBI officials concluded there was no evidence of any crime by Flynn at the end of 2016, Strzok prevented the closing of the investigation as FBI officials searched for any crime that might be used to charge the incoming national security adviser.

Do ents also show Comey briefed President Obama and Vice President Joe Biden on the investigation shortly before the inauguration of Trump. When Comey admitted the communications between Flynn and Russian officials appeared legitimate, Biden reportedly suggested using the Logan Act, widely viewed as uncons utional and never used to successfully convict a single person, as an alternative charge against Flynn. The memo of that meeting contradicts claims that Biden he did not know about the Flynn investigation. Let us detail some proven but mostly unseen facts.

First, the Russia collusion allegations were based in significant part on the dossier funded by the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee. The Clinton campaign repeatedly denied paying for the dossier until long after the election, when it was confronted with irrefutable evidence that the money had been buried among legal expenditures. New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman wrote, "Folks involved in funding this lied about it and with sanctimony for a year."

Second, FBI agents warned that dossier author Christopher Steele may have been used by Russian intelligence to plant false information to disrupt the election. His source for the most serious allegations claims that Steele misrepresented what he had said and that it was little more than rumors recast by Steele as reliable intelligence.

Third, the Obama administration was told that the basis for the FISA application was highly dubious and likely false. Yet it continued the investigation as someone leaked its existence to the media. Another declassified do ent shows that, after the New York Times ran a leaked story on the investigation, even Strzok balked at the account as misleading and inaccurate. His early 2017 memo affirmed that there was no evidence of any individuals in contact with Russians. This information came as the collusion stories were turning into a frenzy that would last years.

Fourth, the investigation by special counsel Robert Mueller and inspectors general found no evidence of collusion or knowing contact between the Trump campaign and Russian officials. What inspectors general did find were false statements or possible criminal conduct by Comey and others. While unable to say that it was the reason for their decisions, they also found extensive statements of animus against Trump and his campaign by the very FBI officials directing the investigation. Former Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein has recently testified he never would have approved renewal of the FISA surveillance and encouraged further investigation into such bias.

Finally, Obama and Biden were aware of the investigation, as were the administration officials who publicly ridiculed Trump when he said there was spying on his campaign. Others, like House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, declared they had evidence of collusion but never produced it. Countless reporters, columnists, and analysts have continued to deride, as writer Max Boot said it, the spinning of "absurd conspiracy theories" about how the FBI "supposedly spied on the Trump campaign."

Willful blindness has its advantages. The media eagerly covered the original leak and the false narrative of collusion, despite mounting evidence that it was false. They filled hours of cable news coverage and pages of print on a collusion story discredited by the FBI. Virtually none of these journalists or experts have acknowledged that the collusion leaks were proven false, let alone pursue the troubling implications of national security powers being used to target the political opponents of an administration. But then, in Washington, success often depends not on what you see but what you can unsee.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...mpression=true

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If investigations were conducted by the standards of THAT ^ Russian propaganda ^

then millions of “poor innocent” suspects would have a case that they were illegally “spied” on...

Here is a FACT:

Trump team traitors were warned about Russian advances.
    Trump team traitors were advised by the FBI -

TO REPORT EVERY RUSSIAN ADVANCE/CONTACT

Trump team traitors had OVER 100 CONTACTS WITH RUSSIANS and RUSSIAN INTELLIGENCE!!!!!

Trump team traitors REPORTED ZERO of those illicit contacts

and LIED about the over 100 contacts when asked/interrogated/deposed

END OF ING STORY.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

All the amplifying and attempts to lend credibility to the Steele dossier from Comey’s BFF Benjamin Wittes and the Lawfare/Brookings crew finally makes sense.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mark Meadows Invites Foreign Governments To Help Trump Win

welcomed the efforts of foreign governments to influence the presidential election for Donald Trump.

the previous administration, they talked about election interference and did very little to address it

this president has signed off on to make sure that election integrity is — is important.

Now,
    there’s a big difference between foreign interference and foreign influence. semantics!

in terms of actually affecting the vote totals and interacting, I think we’re in a good place.

https://www.politicususa.com/2020/07/26/mark-meadows-foreign-election-influence.html

McConnell BLOCKED Obama from spilling Pootin's interference

McConnell has blocked all spending to help states's election integrity

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

All the amplifying and attempts to lend credibility to the Steele dossier from Comey’s BFF Benjamin Wittes and the Lawfare/Brookings crew finally makes sense.
    Brookings Ins ution: A Key Collusion Collaborator

The liberal think tank helped perpetrate one of the biggest frauds in political history on the American people.

https://amgreatness.com/2020/07/23/b...-collaborator/

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothingburger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wouldnt expect anything different from barr

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nothingBarrger

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    wouldnt expect anything different from barr
    Would you prefer the AG ignore the surveillance and investigation into the President elect/President that wasn’t properly predicated and based on fabricated “intelligence” paid for by the opposing party and also ignore the illegal FISA’s obtained during said investigation?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you prefer the AG ignore the surveillance and investigation into the President elect/President that wasn’t properly predicated and based on fabricated “intelligence” paid for by the opposing party and also ignore the illegal FISA’s obtained during said investigation?
    It's all about which color jersey the POTUS wears.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you spew the exact same way hannity does- like building a lego house

with lies stacked upon propaganda on top of garbage on top of lies

all tied together with a false bull premise

cut thru the garbage

trump team traitors were caught selling out the usa and colluding with russia to steal an election and helping russia attack a usa citizen

once caught they began whining like little es that the big bad investigators were unfair

never once do you care that the traitors are still on russia team and betraying the usa

watch barr lie under oath tomorrow or play games with semantics to avoid answering questions

and then you will still cheer him on

you are no different than the traitors

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    you spew the exact same way hannity does- like building a lego house

with lies stacked upon propaganda on top of garbage on top of lies

all tied together with a false bull premise

cut thru the garbage

trump team traitors were caught selling out the usa and colluding with russia to steal an election and helping russia attack a usa citizen

once caught they began whining like little es that the big bad investigators were unfair

never once do you care that the traitors are still on russia team and betraying the usa

watch barr lie under oath tomorrow or play games with semantics to avoid answering questions

and then you will still cheer him on

you are no different than the traitors
    1. "The investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities."

2. "The investigation examined whether [contacts between Russia and Trump figures] involved or resulted in coordination or a conspiracy with the Trump Campaign and Russia, including with respect to Russia providing assistance to the Campaign in exchange for any sort of favorable treatment in the future. Based on the available information, the investigation did not establish such coordination."

3. "The investigation did not establish that [Carter] Page coordinated with the Russian government in its efforts to interfere with the 2016 election."

4. "The Office did not identify evidence in those [contacts between Russians and people around Trump after the GOP convention] of coordination between the Campaign and the Russian government."

5. "The Office did not identify evidence of a connection between Manafort's sharing polling data and Russia's interference in the election ... [and] the investigation did not establish that Manafort otherwise coordinated with the Russian government on its election-interference efforts."

6. "The investigation did not establish that these [contacts between Russians and people around Trump during the transition] reflected or cons uted coordination between the Trump Campaign and Russia in its election interference activities."

7. "The investigation did not identify evidence that any U.S. persons conspired or coordinated with the [Russian disinformation campaign]."

That is definitive. It is not kinda, sorta. It is definitive. As far as Mueller's conclusions are concerned — and remember, he was long considered the gold standard of Trump investigations — there was no collusion.

Love,

Mueller

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. "The investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities."

2. "The investigation examined whether [contacts between Russia and Trump figures] involved or resulted in coordination or a conspiracy with the Trump Campaign and Russia, including with respect to Russia providing assistance to the Campaign in exchange for any sort of favorable treatment in the future. Based on the available information, the investigation did not establish such coordination."

3. "The investigation did not establish that [Carter] Page coordinated with the Russian government in its efforts to interfere with the 2016 election."

4. "The Office did not identify evidence in those [contacts between Russians and people around Trump after the GOP convention] of coordination between the Campaign and the Russian government."

5. "The Office did not identify evidence of a connection between Manafort's sharing polling data and Russia's interference in the election ... [and] the investigation did not establish that Manafort otherwise coordinated with the Russian government on its election-interference efforts."

6. "The investigation did not establish that these [contacts between Russians and people around Trump during the transition] reflected or cons uted coordination between the Trump Campaign and Russia in its election interference activities."

7. "The investigation did not identify evidence that any U.S. persons conspired or coordinated with the [Russian disinformation campaign]."

That is definitive. It is not kinda, sorta. It is definitive. As far as Mueller's conclusions are concerned — and remember, he was long considered the gold standard of Trump investigations — there was no collusion.

Love,

Mueller
    Now post his op-ed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IG already said it was properly predicated even if FISA applications were crap

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    IG already said it was properly predicated even if FISA applications were crap
    That’s such a chicken cop out and you know it

You of all people know the limitations of an Inspector General’s investigation when compared to a US Attorney and which one can compel more testimony and access more evidence.

I’ll remove your chicken attempt at an out.

Would you prefer the AG ignore the surveillance and investigation into the President elect/President that was based on fabricated “intelligence” paid for by the opposing party and also ignore the illegal FISA’s obtained during said investigation?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it was known by the IG that the dossier was commissioned by the clinton campaign.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NothingBarrger report due in October.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    it was known by the IG that the dossier was commissioned by the clinton campaign.
    That has nothing to do with what I asked you.

Would you prefer the AG ignore the surveillance and investigation into the President elect/President that was based on fabricated “intelligence” paid for by the opposing party and also ignore the illegal FISA’s obtained during said investigation?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That has nothing to do with what I asked you.

the investigation was properly predicated before the dossier. the surveillance issues are problematic, IG already went into that at length. if there are criminal referrals because there was willful/criminal misconduct i have no issue with those cases going forward

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    the investigation was properly predicated before the dossier. the surveillance issues are problematic, IG already went into that at length. if there are criminal referrals because there was willful/criminal misconduct i have no issue with those cases going forward
    Do you acknowledge the limitations of the IG investigating compared to a US Attorney investigating? Yes or no.

Is it possible the US Attorney uncovered evidence the IG didn’t have access to? Yes or no.

Is it possible AG Barr has made statements based upon evidence the IG never had access to? Yes or no.

And you continue to dodge the question about our current AG. Clarify “wouldn’t expect anything different from Barr”

Thread Information