Page 2050 of 2100 FirstFirst ... 105015501950200020402046204720482049205020512052205320542060 ... LastLast
Results 51,226 to 51,250 of 52486
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DOJ kept McCabe in the dark about counterintelligence concerns related to Trump's longtime dealings with Russia, and limited the scope of its own investigation.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...ssia-he-wasnt/

just like ive been saying - when people tried to say “mueller found no collusion/conspiracy”

or worse

”there was no evidence that trump team conspired”

because if you read the Mueller report closely (even with all the illicit redactions) you can gather that Mueller did what he could

but not interviewing trump, trump jr, getting the tax /financial records, etc

was just wrong - something was rotten in denmark

and by observing barr and rosensteins actions

one could surmise that mueller was not allowed to do a proper CI investigation

of course- the evil and very wily and clever barr could convince idiots like TSA with fancy declarations like
    ”mueller was never denied a request or a do ent”

sure

you just had to make sure mueller was put in his place and made it clear that his narrow mandate was followed to a T

and this would protect trumps treason

for now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Endgame approaching

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still don’t think it’s that unlikely Sullivan will end up granting the dismissal. This writ was just procedurally bizarre. Was pretty stunned it was initially granted.

If sullivan denies the motion to dismiss, that would be ripe for appeal

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Endgame approaching

Looks like Undercover Gleeson gets to testify.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^bingo

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    That welshing got djohn2oo8 is lurking under his Michael Jordan alt

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That welshing got djohn2oo8 is lurking under his Michael Jordan alt

Looks like he doesnt owe you - since Rosenstein and Barr tied Muellers hands and did NOT allow him to pursue a Counter-Intelligence investigation -

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/30/polit...ein/index.html

but you dont care that your hero is a Russian asset anyway.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Looks like he doesnt owe you - since Rosenstein and Barr tied Muellers hands and did NOT allow him to pursue a Counter-Intelligence investigation -

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/30/polit...ein/index.html

but you dont care that your hero is a Russian asset anyway.

that got owes me $2000

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TSA is having a bad week.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Rosenstein concluded the F.B.I. lacked sufficient reason to conduct an investigation into the president’s links to a foreign adversary.”

obviously, Repug Rosenstein make a POLITICAL decision to protect Trash, rather than legal decision. The smoke was everywhere, Rosy said there is no fire.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Rosenstein concluded the F.B.I. lacked sufficient reason to conduct an investigation into the president’s links to a foreign adversary.”

obviously, Repug Rosenstein make a POLITICAL decision to protect Trash, rather than legal decision. The smoke was everywhere, Rosy said there is no fire.

Cover up of national security implications...

Rosenstein, Barr and Trump are traitors who sided with Russia.

It will come out eventually- you cannot make an FBI Counter-Intelligence investigation vanish completely...

it tells me that Russia and Putin will absolutely get trump re-installed again as our own FBI traitors made Putins wishes come true and are working for team russia.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As election ticks closer, Barr purges yet another Justice official without explanation

Barr has removed Deputy Assistant Attorney General Brad Wiegmann, a career employee in the National Security Division

Wiegmann's office "helps ensure federal counterterrorism and counterintelligence activities are legal,"

an oversight office reining in other government departments that attempt to overstep their legal bounds.

Now he's been booted, replaced by new political appointee Kellen Dwyer.

another bizarre move that just happens to be the thing you'd do if you were trying to

1) protect Donald Trump from government investigations or

2) force government investigations against Trump's opponents.

The Trump-Barr purge of government officials has focused heavily on oversight officials,

many of whom were investigating whether individual actions by Trump or one of his allies broke federal laws.

consistent with an existing pattern of removing oversight officials in positions to identify and call out that corruption.

If Trump loses the election,

how many federal investigations will a reformed government have to undertake

just to get to the bottom of half of Team Trump's strange and unexplained actions?

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/8/31/1973922/-As-election-ticks-closer-Barr-purges-yet-another-Justice-official-without-explanation

If Obama had done this .... ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TSA we have victory!
    there’s bump material for years in this thread
    hold that thought for a bit.

Looks like Sullivan was right after all, now he needs to dismiss and we'll see if there's anything else in there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still don’t think it’s that unlikely Sullivan will end up granting the dismissal. This writ was just procedurally bizarre. Was pretty stunned it was initially granted.

If sullivan denies the motion to dismiss, that would be ripe for appeal
    Just righting a wrong. It was clear the 3 panel judges were jumping the gun on granting the writ when sullivan hasn't rules yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Undercover Gleeson gets to testify.
    Not necessarily...

Although this certainly sends Techn Fg back to det drawing board.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lot of rigamorole just to deny the judge a soapbox, even though he's likely to grant the dismissal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lot of rigamorole just to deny the judge a soapbox, even though he's likely to grant the dismissal.
    tired of winning...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rao typifies the trash people that Trash/McConnell/Leonard Leo pollute the Federal judiciary with

Neomi Rao:

D.C. Circuit Subjected Michael Flynn to an ‘Inquisition,’

Allowed Emmet Sullivan’s ‘Unlawful Incursions’

Circuit Judge Neomi Rao, a conservative who was appointed by President Donald Trumpin March 2019, sharply and unsurprisingly dissented from the decision, just as she did when penning the opinion for a three-judge D.C. Circuit panel in June.

criticized the majority for permitting U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan’s “unlawful incursions on the Executive Branch.”

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...ul-incursions/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In ‘Stunning’ 2-1 Decision,

Appeals Court Says

Congress Can’t Enforce Subpoena Against Ex-WH Counsel Don McGahn

ruled that the U.S. House of Representatives does not have any legal authority to enforce a subpoena against former White House counsel Don McGahn.

“Congress has no implied cons utional power to seek civil enforcement of its subpoenas.

The Committee thus cannot identify an underlying judicial remedy that could authorize it to invoke the Declaratory Judgment Act,” Griffith wrote.

“Because the Committee lacks a cause of action to enforce its subpoena, this lawsuit must be dismissed.”

Notably, Griffith is soon to be replaced on the court by Donald Trump appointee and staunch conservative U.S. District Judge Justin Walker.

University of Texas law professor Steve Vladeck called the decision “stunning,” saying he expected the issue to be appealed and taken up by the court’s full panel of judges

(the full D.C. Circuit
    rejectedMichael Flynn’s emergency pe ion for a writ of mandamus on Monday).

The panel’s conclusion, which essentially declares that Congress lacks the statutory authority to seek enforcement of a subpoena, is likely to again be taken up by the full D.C. Circuit.

House investigators characterized McGahn’s knowledge of White House decisions as crucial to what special counsel Robert Mueller described as potential obstruction of justice.

The Department of Justice (DOJ) also claimed that

the president and his closest advisors are en led to absolute immunity from such requests

and that “subjecting a senior presidential advisor to the congressional subpoena power would be akin to requiring the president himself to appear before Congress.”

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...el-don-mcgahn/

America is ed and un able

iow, Barr's "unitary executive" defines the President and his staff as an autocracy, beyond reach of Congress.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In ‘Stunning’ 2-1 Decision,

Appeals Court Says

Congress Can’t Enforce Subpoena Against Ex-WH Counsel Don McGahn

ruled that the U.S. House of Representatives does not have any legal authority to enforce a subpoena against former White House counsel Don McGahn.

“Congress has no implied cons utional power to seek civil enforcement of its subpoenas.

The Committee thus cannot identify an underlying judicial remedy that could authorize it to invoke the Declaratory Judgment Act,” Griffith wrote.

“Because the Committee lacks a cause of action to enforce its subpoena, this lawsuit must be dismissed.”

Notably, Griffith is soon to be replaced on the court by Donald Trump appointee and staunch conservative U.S. District Judge Justin Walker.

University of Texas law professor Steve Vladeck called the decision “stunning,” saying he expected the issue to be appealed and taken up by the court’s full panel of judges

(the full D.C. Circuit
    rejectedMichael Flynn’s emergency pe ion for a writ of mandamus on Monday).

The panel’s conclusion, which essentially declares that Congress lacks the statutory authority to seek enforcement of a subpoena, is likely to again be taken up by the full D.C. Circuit.

House investigators characterized McGahn’s knowledge of White House decisions as crucial to what special counsel Robert Mueller described as potential obstruction of justice.

The Department of Justice (DOJ) also claimed that

the president and his closest advisors are en led to absolute immunity from such requests

and that “subjecting a senior presidential advisor to the congressional subpoena power would be akin to requiring the president himself to appear before Congress.”

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...el-don-mcgahn/

America is ed and un able

iow, Barr's "unitary executive" defines the President and his staff as an autocracy, beyond reach of Congress.
    Well, not really. In this particular case, there's a clear separation of powers problem. This likely borders on Executive Privilege, which I'll be surprised if the administration didn't invoke yet.

Ultimately the problem here would be the lack of independence of the DOJ, and that's certainly troublesome. However, administrations change, and information eventually surfaces.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, not really. In this particular case, there's a clear separation of powers problem. This likely borders on Executive Privilege, which I'll be surprised if the administration didn't invoke yet.

Ultimately the problem here would be the lack of independence of the DOJ, and that's certainly troublesome. However, administrations change, and information eventually surfaces.
    we will see, if those goes en banc.

Does executive privilege block Congress from investigating the Exec for crimes?

Thread Information