Page 502 of 2100 FirstFirst ... 240245249249849950050150250350450550651255260210021502 ... LastLast
Results 12,526 to 12,550 of 52486
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So even though all the evidence points to Obama,Hillary, and the rest of the Globalist swamp (Rhino-Repugs included), the witch-hunt against Trump continues without merit. Gowdy has a huge mess to clean up smh
    Who got the Republican Party to change its platform on Ukraine during the convention, Chris? Where does the evidence there point?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

That's what I thought.

Safe to conclude the Democrats are still talking about Russian attempts to influence the election and potential collusion with the Trump campaign.
    Have you made a single comment on the recent revelations concerning the FBI, Clinton, Mueller, Podesta?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    https://www.inquisitr.com/4571025/tr...-bill-browder/

TRUMP RUSSIA NEWS: U.S. REVOKES VISA OF TOP VLADIMIR PUTIN ENEMY BILL BROWDER, WHO WAS BORN IN UNITED STATES

Just in case TSA is also too lazy to scroll back a couple of pages. Here it is with a bow on top.
    Just in case RandomGuy was too lazy to fact check with his favorite website...here it is with a bolded bow on top.

https://www.snopes.com/2017/10/23/bi...united-states/

The 17 October Interpol notice, however, was not a red notice. Interpol has, to date, denied three requests to issue such a notice on the grounds that it is politically motivated. This attempt used something referred to as a “diffusion notice,” which is not vetted through Interpol’s central headquarters, and which Browder told us via email he views as a loophole:

There are Interpol Red Notices and Interpol Diffusion Notices. The red notices are vetted through Interpol HQ while the diffusion notices are sent directly by a country without the Interpol screening. After Russia [had been] rejected three times [while] trying to get a red notice [placed on me], they tried using the loophole of going for diffusion notices.

This Russian effort is the first time such actions have affected Browder’s travel to the United States, he told us via email. Browder said he was alerted to his change in status by an email from the United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS) informing him of a change to his Global Entry program status on 19 October 2017. This ultimately led him to discover the Kremlin’s Interpol notice:

I got an email from DHS saying that my Global Entry [a fast-track program for frequent international travelers] was revoked, which tipped me off to my visa problem and then to the Interpol diffusion notice.

DHS told us via email such notices could trigger a process that would put Browder’s electronic travel authorization into a “pending” status, but that he had been re-approved for inclusion in the program by 18 October 2017:

William Browder’s ESTA remains valid for travel to the United States. His ESTA was manually approved by CBP on Oct. 18—clearing him for travel to the United States. […]

When possible matches to derogatory information are found, applications will be vetted through normal CBP procedures which include a manual review by a CBP analyst and a supervisor prior to a determination being made. Applications being manually reviewed may temporarily be placed in a “pending” status until a final determination is made. [Browder] would have been placed in a pending status.

If this is indeed the case, the change in status did not make its way back to Browder, who told us that (contrary to the DHS timeline) he received notice of his ESTA status change the day after he was “cleared” for travel to the United States.

Numerous outlets have reported that Browder’s visa had been revoked. This is not technically accurate, as Browder would not have needed a visa if he were part of the ESTA program. An official with the United States Department of State told us via email that their office would not be responsible for changes to a person’s ESTA status, and that they have received no application regarding a Browder visa.

getting Snopes'd

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Snopes good now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just in case RandomGuy was too lazy to fact check with his favorite website...here it is with a bolded bow on top.

The 17 October Interpol notice, however, was not a red notice. Interpol has, to date, denied three requests to issue such a notice on the grounds that it is politically motivated. This attempt used something referred to as a “diffusion notice,” which is not vetted through Interpol’s central headquarters, and which Browder told us via email he views as a loophole:

There are Interpol Red Notices and Interpol Diffusion Notices. The red notices are vetted through Interpol HQ while the diffusion notices are sent directly by a country without the Interpol screening. After Russia [had been] rejected three times [while] trying to get a red notice [placed on me], they tried using the loophole of going for diffusion notices.

This Russian effort is the first time such actions have affected Browder’s travel to the United States, he told us via email. Browder said he was alerted to his change in status by an email from the United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS) informing him of a change to his Global Entry program status on 19 October 2017. This ultimately led him to discover the Kremlin’s Interpol notice:

I got an email from DHS saying that my Global Entry [a fast-track program for frequent international travelers] was revoked, which tipped me off to my visa problem and then to the Interpol diffusion notice.

DHS told us via email such notices could trigger a process that would put Browder’s electronic travel authorization into a “pending” status, but that he had been re-approved for inclusion in the program by 18 October 2017:

William Browder’s ESTA remains valid for travel to the United States. His ESTA was manually approved by CBP on Oct. 18—clearing him for travel to the United States. […]

When possible matches to derogatory information are found, applications will be vetted through normal CBP procedures which include a manual review by a CBP analyst and a supervisor prior to a determination being made. Applications being manually reviewed may temporarily be placed in a “pending” status until a final determination is made. [Browder] would have been placed in a pending status.

If this is indeed the case, the change in status did not make its way back to Browder, who told us that (contrary to the DHS timeline) he received notice of his ESTA status change the day after he was “cleared” for travel to the United States.

Numerous outlets have reported that Browder’s visa had been revoked. This is not technically accurate, as Browder would not have needed a visa if he were part of the ESTA program. An official with the United States Department of State told us via email that their office would not be responsible for changes to a person’s ESTA status, and that they have received no application regarding a Browder visa.

getting Snopes'd
    Yay. Better information.

Thank you, I appreciate it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Snopes good now.
    Unless it is talking about pizzagate...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pootin's BFFs Trash and RexXON T being more conveniently friendly

Tillerson cuts Obama-era office to oversee foreign sanctions — as White House misses Russia deadline

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson has eliminated an office created by Hillary Clinton that coordinates foreign sanctions policy.

Former diplomats and congressional sources said Tillerson had eliminated the office of the Coordinator for Sanctions Policy as part of State Department overhaul,

Clinton, a secretary of state in the Obama administration, set up the office to coordinate sanctions with the Treasury Department across both Cabinet agencies.

Lawmakers criticized the Trump administration Wednesday for missing an Oct. 1 deadline to implement new sanctions imposed by Congress against Russia for election interference.

The delay “calls into question the Trump administration’s commitment to the sanctions bill,”

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/10/til...e+Raw+Story%29

Trash refusing to implement sanctions on BFF Pootin as passed by a Repug Congress

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

getting Snopes'd
    Now that we have that out of the way:

Is Trumps signing statement for the Russia sanctions consistent with my theory? (i.e. Donald Trump has been compromised in some way by the Russians)

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

Is Trumps signing statement for the Russia sanctions consistent with my theory? (i.e. Donald Trump has been compromised in some way by the Russians)
    The same Russia sanctions many in the EU opposed?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    monosylab1k Reck baseline bum Pavlov

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I don’t know how anybody with a fully functional brain could begin to deny the collusion between Trump and Russia. It’s as blatant as can be. Whether anything comes of it is another story entirely, though. I doubt we see anything beyond maybe Manafort and/or Flynn getting minor prison sentences.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomGuy

Not an answer to my question.

2nd time:

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know how anybody with a fully functional brain could begin to deny the collusion between Trump and Russia. It’s as blatant as can be. Whether anything comes of it is another story entirely, though. I doubt we see anything beyond maybe Manafort and/or Flynn getting minor prison sentences.
    Pretty much this, minus the prison since Dear Leader will pardon those s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TRUMP: A wonderful man came to my office a week ago. A very highly respected man and he sat down and he said, “You know it’s been very unfair. From the day you have been president you’ve been under this little veil of Russia, Russia, Russia.” And with all of this being said, I want to say this, I think it would be great if we got along with Russia.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with – you know they are a power, they’re a nuclear power. I think we could have a good relationship. I think that North Korean situation would be easier settled. And I just spoke to the President of China, I congratulated him on his big victory. But it would be wonderful if we could speak to China and Russia. Because China is helping us and maybe Russia’s going through the other way and hurting what we’re getting.

I mean when I say maybe, I think I know exactly what I’m talking about. If we had a relationship with Russia, that would be a good thing, not a bad thing.
    http://www.valuewalk.com/2017/10/trump-dobbs/

Trump criticizes anyone and everyone at the drop of a hat.

Except one country, which he never says anything bad about, nor its leader.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomGuy

2nd time:

I'll assume it is the same sanctions many in the EU opposed and some even slammed. No, I do not think Trump's statements mean he has been compromised in some way by the Russians.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2nd time:
    I'll assume it is the same sanctions many in the EU opposed and some even slammed. No, I do not think Trump's statements mean he has been compromised in some way by the Russians.
    Not an answer to my question. "I do not think that...he has been compromised" is not an answer to the question: "Is this statement consistent with my theory"

A signing statement is a very specific thing. I will assume here that you are merely ignorant of what that is, and not deliberately being obtuse. To that end, here is the statement after being handed a veto-proof bill.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...igning-hr-3364

A president compromised by Russia would attempt to show how and why the executive would drag its feet and lightly enforce any such sanctions, so as to minimize any potential impact on Russian interests.

Is this statement consistent with that description of what a compromised president would do?
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 10-27-2017 at 04:14 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For anyone who can read more than 11 words at a time:
    Today, I have signed into law H.R. 3364, the "Countering America's Adversaries Through Sanctions Act." While I favor tough measures to punish and deter aggressive and destabilizing behavior by Iran, North Korea, and Russia, this legislation is significantly flawed.

In its haste to pass this legislation, the Congress included a number of clearly uncons utional provisions. For instance, although I share the policy views of sections 253 and 257, those provisions purport to displace the President's exclusive cons utional authority to recognize foreign governments, including their territorial bounds, in conflict with the Supreme Court's recent decision in Zivotofsky v. Kerry.

Additionally, section 216 seeks to grant the Congress the ability to change the law outside the cons utionally required process. The bill prescribes a review period that precludes the President from taking certain actions. Certain provisions in section 216, however, conflict with the Supreme Court's decision in INS v. Chadha, because they purport to allow the Congress to extend the review period through procedures that do not satisfy the requirements for changing the law under Article I, section 7 of the Cons ution. I nevertheless expect to honor the bill's extended waiting periods to ensure that the Congress will have a full opportunity to avail itself of the bill's review procedures.

Further, certain provisions, such as sections 254 and 257, purport to direct my subordinates in the executive branch to undertake certain diplomatic initiatives, in contravention of the President's exclusive cons utional authority to determine the time, scope, and objectives of international negotiations. And other provisions, such as sections 104, 107, 222, 224, 227, 228, and 234, would require me to deny certain individuals entry into the United States, without an exception for the President's responsibility to receive ambassadors under Article II, section 3 of the Cons ution. My Administration will give careful and respectful consideration to the preferences expressed by the Congress in these various provisions and will implement them in a manner consistent with the President's cons utional authority to conduct foreign relations.

Finally, my Administration particularly expects the Congress to refrain from using this flawed bill to hinder our important work with European allies to resolve the conflict in Ukraine, and from using it to hinder our efforts to address any unintended consequences it may have for American businesses, our friends, or our allies.
    A second watered down version was also issued.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's blatant
    muh Media said so
    muh Maddow
    muh Tapper

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash protecting BFF Pootin

I M Ultimate Badass Quadzilla99's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I predict twelve presidential tweets about Hillary tomorrow morning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I predict twelve presidential tweets about Hillary tomorrow morning.

Thread Information