Page 504 of 2100 FirstFirst ... 440445449450050150250350450550650750851455460410041504 ... LastLast
Results 12,576 to 12,600 of 52486
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thinking Mueller stops at Podesta
    Wanna bet one who the first arrest is?

My money is on Manafort

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

What's happening to the Trump Presidency.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Darrin. I see you lurking pleighboi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    djohn2oo8 thoughts?
    This gets deep, so follow closely. ​

On February 10, USA Today reported the following:

Seven days before he left office, President Obama changed the order of succession without explanation to remove Boente from the list. Obama's order had listed U.S. attorneys in the District of Columbia, the Northern District of Illinois and the Central District of California.

1 week before Obama leaves office: Before Obama removes Boente out of the DoJ line of succession. Odd move. Why would he do that? Is he signalling?

REMEMBER, by moving Boente, he saves Boente from being fired when Trump fired all those Attorney Generals.

As soon as Trump comes in, because he's so anti-Obama, he promote Boente back in succession.

Yates gets fired

Boente becomes acting AG

Sessions becomes AG after being sworn in. Boente goes back to National Security AG

Rod Rosenstein becomes #2

Sessions is forced to recuse.

Boente becomes point person on Trump-Russia investigations at DoJ under Rosenstein.

Obama played chess with Trump. Bigly. Huge power play to get someone unfavorable to Trump in the mix.

Obama’s executive order didn’t actually remove Boente from his job or change anything about his position. All it did was state that Boente would be passed over if recusals began. So Obama did’t punish Boente in any real world sense; he merely created the appearance that he had. And it may have been enough to bait Trump into concluding that Obama didn’t trust Boente, and therefore Trump should trust Boente. If this was the plan all along, it means the person in charge of prosecuting Trump-Russia is precisely whom Obama wanted in charge of it all along – and now it’s realistically too late for Trump to stop it.

Boente was then later appointed to the No. 2 spot at DOJ as acting deputy attorney general and tasked with not only overseeing the Russia probe after Sessions recused himself, but also had the job of calling Preet Bharara -- then US attorney for the Southern District of New York -- to tell him that the President had fired him along with dozens of other top prosecutors around the country.

Now that Rod Rosenstein, former US attorney for the district of Maryland, has been confirmed to the No. 2 spot at DOJ, the ultimate prosecutorial decision-making on Russia will fall to him.

Oh, and Boente knows everything Comey knew and everything Mueller knows.

Obama knew this day would come.

Did Trump reverse an Obama order last month because he knew there would be a Sessions-Russia investigation?

There was also evidence the Obama White House was running around trying to tell people about the Trump-Russia collusion in the days running up to the end of Obama's term to get things in order: Obama Administration Rushed to Preserve Intelligence of Russian Election Hacking

Maddow broke this down tonight in glaring detail.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    djohn2oo8 thoughts?
    This gets deep, so follow closely. ​

On February 10, USA Today reported the following:

Seven days before he left office, President Obama changed the order of succession without explanation to remove Boente from the list. Obama's order had listed U.S. attorneys in the District of Columbia, the Northern District of Illinois and the Central District of California.

1 week before Obama leaves office: Before Obama removes Boente out of the DoJ line of succession. Odd move. Why would he do that? Is he signalling?

REMEMBER, by moving Boente, he saves Boente from being fired when Trump fired all those Attorney Generals.

As soon as Trump comes in, because he's so anti-Obama, he promote Boente back in succession.

Yates gets fired

Boente becomes acting AG

Sessions becomes AG after being sworn in. Boente goes back to National Security AG

Rod Rosenstein becomes #2

Sessions is forced to recuse.

Boente becomes point person on Trump-Russia investigations at DoJ under Rosenstein.

Obama played chess with Trump. Bigly. Huge power play to get someone unfavorable to Trump in the mix.

Obama’s executive order didn’t actually remove Boente from his job or change anything about his position. All it did was state that Boente would be passed over if recusals began. So Obama did’t punish Boente in any real world sense; he merely created the appearance that he had. And it may have been enough to bait Trump into concluding that Obama didn’t trust Boente, and therefore Trump should trust Boente. If this was the plan all along, it means the person in charge of prosecuting Trump-Russia is precisely whom Obama wanted in charge of it all along – and now it’s realistically too late for Trump to stop it.

Boente was then later appointed to the No. 2 spot at DOJ as acting deputy attorney general and tasked with not only overseeing the Russia probe after Sessions recused himself, but also had the job of calling Preet Bharara -- then US attorney for the Southern District of New York -- to tell him that the President had fired him along with dozens of other top prosecutors around the country.

Now that Rod Rosenstein, former US attorney for the district of Maryland, has been confirmed to the No. 2 spot at DOJ, the ultimate prosecutorial decision-making on Russia will fall to him.

Oh, and Boente knows everything Comey knew and everything Mueller knows.

Obama knew this day would come.

Did Trump reverse an Obama order last month because he knew there would be a Sessions-Russia investigation?

There was also evidence the Obama White House was running around trying to tell people about the Trump-Russia collusion in the days running up to the end of Obama's term to get things in order: Obama Administration Rushed to Preserve Intelligence of Russian Election Hacking

Maddow broke this down tonight in glaring detail.

Yup. There were chess moves made that Trump would have never figured out.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    blindsided by Mueller filing charges this soon, we expected them but not til Christmas
    Happy Halloween, Trash and Repugs!

The terrifying monsters of your own crimes, complicity, psychopathy, sociopathy are screaming "Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's Robby"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Many Pieces of Evidence Suggesting Trump Obstructed Justice

Firing James Comey wasn't the only thing Trump did that could bring about an obstruction of justice charge

Long before he dismissed the FBI director — and for months thereafter — Trump took numerous actions that could now support an obstruction of justice charge.

Consider:

• On Jan. 27, 2017 — a week after the inauguration — acting Attorney General Sally Yates spoke with White House counsel Don McGahn [7] about national security adviser Michael Flynn. In December, Flynn had been in contact repeatedly with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak. In public statements, Vice President Mike Pence and press secretary Sean er had said that Flynn engaged in no discussions about Russian sanctions with Kislyak. But, Yates informed McGahn, that was not consistent with what US intelligence agencies knew to be true.

• Someone, presumably Flynn, was lying, and that made him potentially susceptible to blackmail by the Russians, who knew the truth about those conversations.

• On the same day that Yates spoke to McGahn, Trump invited FBI Director Comey to a private dinner at the White House.
      • I need loyalty [8],” Trump told him.

• Two weeks later, as advisers were leaving an Oval Office meeting, Trump asked Comey to remain. “I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go,” Trump told him on Feb. 14 [8].
    • During testimony before Congress on March 20, Comey acknowledged that the FBI was investigating Trump’s campaign connections to Russia. Afterward, Trump reportedly asked [9] Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats, CIA Director Mike Pompeo and Director of National Security Mike Rogers to deny publicly “the existence of any evidence of coordination between his campaign and the Russian government.” Senior White House officials also reportedly “sounded out top intelligence officials about the possibility [10] of intervening directly with Comey to encourage the FBI to drop its probe of Michael Flynn.”
    • On March 30 and again on April 11 [8], Trump asked Comey to “lift the cloud” of the Russia investigation.
    • On April 25, Flynn reportedly received a message [11] from Trump to “stay strong.”
    • On May 2 — the eve of FBI Director James Comey’s scheduled testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee — Trump supplemented his ongoing “Russia hoax” tweets with a more subtle form of obstruction [12] — witness intimidation:

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump

FBI Director Comey was the best thing that ever happened to Hillary Clinton in that he gave her a free pass for many bad deeds! The phony...
    9:51 PM - May 2, 2017

• After Comey’s Senate appearance, Trump fumed [14] about his testimony. Over the weekend of May 6-7 at his Bedminster Golf Club, he and aide Stephen Miller drafted a four-page letter directed to Comey, outlining Trump’s reasons for firing him.
    • On Monday, May 8, Sally Yates was preparing to testify about her January conversations with Don McGahn concerning Mike Flynn, and Trump unleashed another tweet [15] smacking of witness intimidation:

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump

Ask Sally Yates, under oath, if she knows how classified information got into the newspapers soon after she explained it to W.H. Counsel.
    9:43 AM - May 8, 2017

• Later that morning, Trump read his draft Comey termination letter aloud [14] to several advisers, including White House counsel Don McGahn and Vice President Mike Pence. Together with Kushner and then-chief of staff Reince Priebus, McGahn and Pence drafted talking points [17] about Comey’s planned firing.
    • Meanwhile, Trump asked Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein for a memo outlining their problems with Comey. They complied, and Trump cited their recommendations as his reason for firing the FBI director. On May 9, Trump fires Comey.
    • Trump’s subordinates — including Pence, who went to Capitol Hill [18] — then took to the airwaves and peddled the lie that Rosenstein had been the impetus for Comey’s termination.
    • All of that went for naught when Trump confessed, first, on May 10, to Russians in the Oval Office [19] and then, on May 11, to the world on NBC [20], that he made the decision to fire Comey because of “Russia.”
    • The next day — as The New York Times reported on Trump’s Jan. 27 “loyalty dinner” with Comey — Trump again used Twitter [21] to intimidate a key witness:

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump

James Comey better hope that there are no "tapes" of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!
    7:26 AM - May 12, 2017

• Asked at a May 18 news conference [23] whether he had ever asked Comey to close or back down on the investigation into Mike Flynn, Trump answered, “No. No. Next question.”
    • On June 8, Comey told the Senate Intelligence Committee [24] that Trump had asked him about Russia repeatedly and that he perceived Trump’s expressed “hope” about “letting Flynn go” as an order. The next day [25], Trump called Comey a liar and accused him of leaking classified information.
    • After the May 17 appointment of a special counsel to investigate Trump-Russia connections, Trump’s attacks on Robert Mueller were relentless, along with reports that Trump [26] was considering firing him. In a July 19 interview with The New York Times [27], Trump referred to what he viewed as the appropriate limits to Mueller’s investigation. A week later, The Wall Street Journal asked [28] him if Mueller’s job is safe. “No, we’re going to see,” Trump said.
    • Meanwhile, on July 8, 2017, Trump was helping his son draft a misleading statement [29]about a June 9, 2016 campaign meeting at Trump Tower between his top advisers and three Russians who had promised to bring “dirt” on Hillary Clinton. The cover-up of that cover-up — that is, obfuscating the extent of Trump’s role in drafting his son’s original statement — lasted less than a month.

Why has

Trump tried to shut down the Russia investigation,

lied about Comey’s firing,

persisted in efforts to intimidate key witnesses,

inserted himself into misleading statements about his campaign advisers’ meetings with Russians offering to help him win the election, and

held the sword of Damocles over the special counsel investigating him?

Behind any effort to obstruct justice is a fear of the truth.

In a thorough 108-page factual and legal analysis for the Brookings Ins ution, Barry H. Berke, Noah Bookbinder and Norman Eisen outline in great detail [30] the case against Trump.

People lie for a reason, and Trump is no exception.

What he feared — and apparently still fears — continues to seep out.

Trump erratic behavior has many questioning his mental fitness to remain in office. [31]

But throughout his life,

Trump’s actions have always been rational in a key respect:

Trump does what is best for Trump,

regardless of the consequences.

If that means obstructing justice, so be it.

https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-po...ructed-justice

Repugs are indicting themselves as fully complicit in Trash and Trash's mafia by hanging on and defending Trash's show.

The Repugs don't care because their only priority is toxically servicing the oligarchy.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Gents, it has been a ride.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Press Secretary is in full deflection mode.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Don't know who is indicted yet, but Manafort and Flynn gotta be like

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Many people are indicted already likely Trump's kids and crew. Just depends who Mueller wants to unsealed first. Gotta be Manafort.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Pavlov

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

also

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. There were chess moves made that Trump would have never figured out.
    ... But what about his "best people"? Not so best

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Many people are indicted already likely Trump's kids and crew. Just depends who Mueller wants to unsealed first. Gotta be Manafort.
    Mueller will indict whomever he thinkS will spill first, spill the most, making the others easier to convict

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    something anything

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    something anything