Page 52 of 2100 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556621021525521052 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 52486
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A good history of what will soon be destroying Trash and his presidency

Russia-gate Began Like Watergate — With A Break-In That Few Noticed

If there were a starting point for the political turmoil around members of Donald Trump's inner circle and their ties to Russia, it likely would be last June 15.

On that day, news broke of a computer penetration. It seemed like a minor event and was barely noted in newscasts, not unlike the famous political break-in 44 years earlier at the Watergate complex that became synonymous with political scandal.

A cybersecurity firm, CrowdStrike, posted a blog item saying it had detected a series of intrusions into the network of the Democratic National Committee in Washington. The culprits, it said, were Cozy Bear and Fancy Bear, nicknames of two highly skilled hacking units linked to the Russian security services.

CrowdStrike said one of the units had been lurking on the DNC network for at least 10 months, and that both units had used sophisticated Remote Access Tools — fittingly called RATs — to maraud for do ents and emails.

Those hacked emails would soon turn into a political weapon, leaked to the media in an effort to hurt presidential candidate Hillary Clinton. The Russian hack marked the beginning of a cascade of allegations about Russian influence on Trump's aides, steadily building to this week's troubles hounding Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

Along the way, the rip-roaring scandal has ricocheted from hacked emails, and the sudden ouster of Trump's campaign manager, to a secret dossier with salacious content and on to wiretapped phone calls between Trump's national security adviser and Russia's ambassador. The scandal shows no signs of abating.

DNC emails that revealed personal information about donors, cozy ties with media figures and evidence that the DNC was tilting the board in favor of Clinton over a rising challenger, Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders.

The leak took an immediate toll: DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz and three other senior party officials resigned on the eve of the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia,

"Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing," Trump said. "I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press."

The call ruffled the presidential race. By asking Russia, a longtime U.S. nemesis, to break American law and muck around in its computer networks, even if in a jocular tone, Trump was seen as breaking sharply from conventional Republican orthodoxy.

Trump's appeal to Russia would soon boomerang.

On Aug. 19, his campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, stepped down amid allegations that he had accepted millions of dollars in cash from Russian interests in Ukraine. Manafort had also been involved in gutting the GOP platform of its anti-Russia stance.

As the presidential race heated up, the White House faced new pressure to accuse Russia formally of meddling in the campaign.
    In early September, another cybersecurity firm, ThreatConnect, said Russian hackers appeared to be probing election databases in Arizona and Illinois, a possible prelude to broader interference in the November vote.

It wasn't until Oct. 7 that the Department of Homeland Security and Office of the Director of National Intelligence released a short statement saying U.S. intelligence agencies were "confident that the Russian government directed the recent compromises of emails from U.S. persons and ins utions, including from U.S. political organizations."

As the presidential race heated up, the White House faced new pressure to accuse Russia formally of meddling in the campaign.

In early September, another cybersecurity firm, ThreatConnect, said Russian hackers appeared to be probing election databases in Arizona and Illinois, a possible prelude to broader interference in the November vote.

It wasn't until Oct. 7 that the Department of Homeland Security and Office of the Director of National Intelligence released a short statement saying U.S. intelligence agencies were "confident that the Russian government directed the recent compromises of emails from U.S. persons and ins utions, including from U.S. political organizations."

< ... lots more >

http://www.nationalmemo.com/russia-gate-watergate/

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Them boys lookin Shaky

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll see how, or if, Repugs spin the Russian stuff Sunday morning.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    So is it possible that Comey purposely released the Clinton letter to sink her campaign, so that he could keep building a massive amount of evidence against Trump/Russia?

If it means that Bannon, Kellyanne, & the entire Trump camp in prison for treason, then bravo.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    So is it possible that Comey purposely released the Clinton letter to sink her campaign, so that he could keep building a massive amount of evidence against Trump/Russia?
    There's more to it than that. Rumors are that Russia hacked the letter and they were going to release it or force Comey to. And he did. Now Comey is getting his revenge.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If it means that Bannon, Kellyanne, & the entire Trump camp in prison for treason, then bravo.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's more to it than that. Rumors are that Russia hacked the letter and they were going to release it or force Comey to. And he did. Now Comey is getting his revenge.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    believes global warming is a widespread lib conspiracy among the world's scientists but laughs at other conspiracy theories

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    believes global warming is a widespread lib conspiracy among the world's scientists but laughs at other conspiracy theories

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also wtf why is Thread banned?
    How do you know he is banned?
    How do we know any poster has been banned?
    (yeah I don't keep up with these types of things)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you know he is banned?
    How do we know any poster has been banned?
    (yeah I don't keep up with these types of things)
    his name has banned under it and he's not technologically savvy enough to go change that text just to make a point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    his name has banned under it and he's not technologically savvy enough to go change that text just to make a point
    Thanks.

I never even saw that. Probably because it's tiny on my screen.
    And I have the same question. What did he do? He is irritating but unusually polite.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is irritating but unusually polite.
    I see you have never had him ask why you molest your children.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see you have never had him ask why you molest your children.
    Oh.

He gets into that crap...
    My bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't think AGW is a conspiracy, just not proven to be catastrophic. Next.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The gots are rallying here in New York. I haven't seen this many redneck, trash looking people in ages here. They must be from out of state.

What are they rallying the fact their fearless leader is a moron?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Thread Information