My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Imagine the government holding back your healthcare because you don't cooperate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    here's the actual doc, if anybody is interested, requesting leniency in the sentencing...

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/...92.156.0_1.pdf

Judge hasn't removed the sentencing from the calendar...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

yikes

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

yikes

double yikes

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The DOJ determined that the renewals the DOJ asked for were not valid?

OK.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just seems like they acknowledged the IG report as accurate tbh

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Boasberg’s ruling noted that DOJ had not yet taken a position on the lawfulness of the first two applications against Page, but was currently collecting information to assess whether those two spy applications were also invalid. The invalid applications specified by Boasberg were dated April 7 and June 29 of 2017. The false and invalid April 7 application was personally signed by James Comey, while the false and invalid June 29 application was signed by Andrew McCabe. Both men were referred for criminal prosecution by the inspector general. Former deputy attorney general Rod Rosenstein, who is alleged to have offered to wear a wire against President Donald Trump, also signed off on the false June 29 FISA warrant against Page.

The FISA court order also noted that it is a federal crime for any federal official to “intentionally…disclose[] or use[] information obtained under color of law by electronic surveillance, knowing or having any reason to know that the information was obtained through electronic surveillance not authorized” by law. The following sentence of Boasberg’s ruling is redacted, raising questions about whether the government used any information obtained pursuant to the now-invalid Page surveillance warrants in other cases.

The final warrant against Page overlapped with former special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 election. The final three-month authorization to spy on Page was signed nearly six weeks after Mueller was appointed, meaning that Mueller may have had real-time access to and utilized nearly five months worth of surveillance of Page during the course of Mueller’s investigation. If his office used any of the information in subsequent cases, the declaration that the final two spy warrants against Page were invalid could potentially nullify previous or future convictions sought by Mueller’s office.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/01/23...ere-not-valid/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boasberg’s ruling noted that DOJ had not yet taken a position on the lawfulness of the first two applications against Page, but was currently collecting information to assess whether those two spy applications were also invalid. The invalid applications specified by Boasberg were dated April 7 and June 29 of 2017. The false and invalid April 7 application was personally signed by James Comey, while the false and invalid June 29 application was signed by Andrew McCabe. Both men were referred for criminal prosecution by the inspector general. Former deputy attorney general Rod Rosenstein, who is alleged to have offered to wear a wire against President Donald Trump, also signed off on the false June 29 FISA warrant against Page.

The FISA court order also noted that it is a federal crime for any federal official to “intentionally…disclose[] or use[] information obtained under color of law by electronic surveillance, knowing or having any reason to know that the information was obtained through electronic surveillance not authorized” by law. The following sentence of Boasberg’s ruling is redacted, raising questions about whether the government used any information obtained pursuant to the now-invalid Page surveillance warrants in other cases.

The final warrant against Page overlapped with former special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 election. The final three-month authorization to spy on Page was signed nearly six weeks after Mueller was appointed, meaning that Mueller may have had real-time access to and utilized nearly five months worth of surveillance of Page during the course of Mueller’s investigation. If his office used any of the information in subsequent cases, the declaration that the final two spy warrants against Page were invalid could potentially nullify previous or future convictions sought by Mueller’s office.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/01/23...ere-not-valid/
    what was the basis for those referrals, TSA?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The DOJ determined that the renewals the DOJ asked for were not valid?

OK.
    The DOJ declining to defend its own actions is striking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris and TSA with no own takes or demonstated familiarity with sources, pure partisan magpies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No own takes on a discussion board, just copypasta like boutons.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=283084

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have plenty of takes, like G F Y and your inane pissing matches with inane ST rigthwingnutjobs.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    what was the basis for those referrals, TSA?
    Comey for leaking
    McCabe for lying under oath to IG and FBI

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Comey for leaking
    McCabe for lying under oath to IG and FBI
    so nothing to do with the subject matter of that article

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    so nothing to do with the subject matter of that article
    Never claimed such.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never claimed such.
    Relax, Chris.

The way the article included that and wove it in, it implied that their criminal referrals were related. It also conveniently failed to mention that the DOJ ultimately passed on pursuing Comey.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Relax, Chris.

The way the article included that and wove it in, it implied that their criminal referrals were related.
    I see what your saying and agreed, but don’t forget Horowitz testimony saying what he found was so bad that instead of making single criminal referrals he just handed the entire report over to DOJ/FBI and said from agent to the top you guys decide on prosecuting.

I was more interested in the ramifications of the last two paragraphs but needed to include the first for context.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see what your saying and agreed, but don’t forget Horowitz testimony saying what he found was so bad that instead of making single criminal referrals he just handed the entire report over to DOJ/FBI and said from agent to the top you guys decide on prosecuting.

I was more interested in the ramifications of the last two paragraphs but needed to include the first for context.
    yup, that goes to the fruit of the poisonous tree theory of admissible evidence in criminal prosecutions.

but i dont know that any info obtained from the taps actually gave him the info they used for any of the prosecutions. we'll see.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boooommmm!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    red states

CBS’ Brennan Busts Sen. Cotton for Trying to Dismiss Trump Team Criticism as a ‘Democratic Talking Point’: A GOP Leader Said it

Face the Nation, Brennan asked Cotton:

“Do you think it was a misstep for one of the president’s lawyers, Jay Sekulow, to stand on the floor of the Senate and repeat the conspiracy theory that Ukraine meddled in the 2016 election?”

“Margaret, that’s not a conspiracy theory,” Cotton replied —

flouting the conclusion of the entire U.S. intelligence community.

Brennan responded by quoting Sen. John Thune (R-ND).

“[He] said he would prefer the lawyers not do that because the intelligence community concluded that it was Russia that meddled,” Brennan said.

“That’s a Democratic talking point,” Cotton said in response.

Brennan swiftly beat back that claim.

“This is what John Thune — one of the Republican leaders — said,” Brennan replied.

"You can also say that it’s clear some Ukrainian officials tried to influence the outcome of the election in 2016.”

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/cbs-brennan-busts-sen-cotton-for-trying-to-dismiss-trump-team-criticism-as-a-democratic-talking-point-a-republican-leader-said-it/

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why did stupid ing Flynn plead guilty?

He's proving himself yet again to be complete fool. A Lieutenant General?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    blames "ineffective assistance of counsel provided by his former lawyers, who were in the grip of intractable conflicts of interest, and severely prejudiced him"

arent these the attorneys who were so good and expensive that he had to sell his house to pay them... all for a plea bargain?

Thread Information