My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    3rd time answering you - but it doesn't fit your troll game:

We will know when this chapter is investigated in the future.

We will see if -

everyone was guilty and a traitor - and Page happened to be lucky to get away with his russian treason

or

everyone was guilty and Page just happened to be the ONLY one that was unfairly investigated.

Either way - NOTHING to be ing the football about - because in each scenario - trump and his crew are still traitors -

with or without Page conspiring or not.
    You're still not answering the questions, and now on top of throwing the Obama appointed Inspector General Horowitz under the boss just tossed Mueller and his report under the bus

Simple yes or no answers, stop being a pussy.

The Obama appointed Inspector General presented evidence in his report that proved there was FISA abuse by the FBI. Are you claiming that is not true? Yes or no.

Did the Obama appointed Inspector General produce doctored/falsified evidence in his report to frame the FBI? Yes or no.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're still not answering the questions, and now on top of throwing the Obama appointed Inspector General Horowitz under the boss just tossed Mueller and his report under the bus

The Obama appointed Inspector General presented evidence in his report that proved there was FISA abuse by the FBI. Are you claiming that is not true? Yes or no.

Did the Obama appointed Inspector General produce doctored/falsified evidence in his report to frame the FBI? Yes or no.
    Do you believe Page is a victim - yes or no?

oh and

GFY

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Do you believe Page is a victim - yes or no?

oh and

GFY
    Yes. Page was the victim of the most intrusive surveillance our government does and it was done against him illegally.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    why dont you have spurs homer on ignore? honest question
    I don't even have boutons on ignore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't even have boutons on ignore.
    eye torture

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. Page was the victim of the most intrusive surveillance our government does and it was done against him illegally.

wrong

the same IG dude concluded that the investigation was predicated on legal means-

so your “investigated illegally” premise is destroyed already

4th or 5th time answering you:

we will not know if the investigation ordered by Barr was truly legitimate until this chapter is closed and an independent panel uncovers everything that Trump and Barr ordered done

we will not know until it is taken apart piece by piece

THAT is the answer - right NOW - no one knows what kind of ery Barr orchestrated

ask the same ANSWERED question again-

you will be ignored.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Too much of a pussy to answer a simple yes or no lol.

wrong

the same IG dude concluded that the investigation was predicated on legal means-

so your “investigated illegally” premise is destroyed already
    No, I'm right. We aren't discussing the entire investigation, we are discussing the FISA warrant obtained on Page. The warrant against Page was obtained illegally with fraudulent do ents and exculpatory evidence hidden from the court.

4th or 5th time answering you:

we will not know if the investigation ordered by Barr was truly legitimate until this chapter is closed and an independent panel uncovers everything that Trump and Barr ordered done

we will not know until it is taken apart piece by piece

THAT is the answer - right NOW - no one knows what kind of ery Barr orchestrated

ask the same ANSWERED question again-

you will be ignored.
    You didn't answer .

The Inspectors General office is independent you stupid

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. Desperately need dirt on uncle Joe, who has run for president three times and never placed higher than 4th place in any caucus or primary.

rube

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Well, if they lied, that's grounds for dismissal, they don't need to quit, they would be let go. I would suspect quitting means there's a disagreement with their superiors.

Clearly, 18 USC 1001(a) calls for:
    shall be fined under this le, imprisoned not more than 5 years or, if the offense involves international or domestic terrorism (as defined in section 2331), imprisoned not more than 8 years, or both....

that's for each offense. He was found guilty on how many offenses?
    I’m a federal criminal defense attorney. This range shocked me as unduly high given the non-violent nature of the underlying crimes. To provide some perspective, a mul ude of violent crimes come with lower guidelines calculations. For example, if you use a gun during a crime of violence or drug trafficking, the guidelines range is 60 months; if you brandish a gun during the same, the guidelines range is 84 months.
    How the Government Got to Nine Years

In Stone’s case, the government’s calculation relies on several guidelines enhancements. Generally speaking, certain conduct can increase the offense level guidelines calculation. Here, the base offense level is 14, but with all of the enhancements the government argued for, it jumped to 29.

One enhancement the government recommended jumped out. The government argued that an eight-point enhancement is warranted because Stone’s obstruction of justice “involved causing or threatening to cause physical injury to a person, or property damage.” The government pointed to two particular comments by Stone to a witness: “Prepare to die, c-cksucker” and him threatening to “take that dog away from you.”

Standing alone, it’s not clear these rise to the level of a “violent threat” as required by the enhancement. In fact, I would argue that this is not a case where “reasonable minds” can disagree. This enhancement is a stretch. Particularly significant is that the individual who was the recipient of these “threats” testified at trial that he did not seriously believe Stone would follow through on his so-called threats.

When I did a quick search of D.C. Circuit cases applying this enhancement, I couldn’t find anything. That’s not to say it would never apply, but the infrequency which with the enhancement seems to be used is somewhat telling.
    A Big Jump On a Weak Foundation

The guidelines contain commentary by its drafters. The commentary is meant to further explain the provisions. Here, the guidelines commentary to this enhancement notes that it should “reflect the more serious form of obstruction.” This likely explains why the enhancement is reserved for the more serious, palpable threats.

In its submission to the court, the government relies on cases outside its jurisdiction in support of the enhancement, but in none of those cases did the witness testify that he did not take the so-called threats seriously. What’s significant is that this eight-point enhancement increased the guidelines range from 37 to 46 months to 87 to 108 months. That’s a significant jump for a not so solid enhancement.

While it’s absolutely true that it’s standard practice for the federal government to recommend a guidelines sentence, this begs the question: What’s the appropriate guidelines calculation? As one Twitter user noted, “The Guidelines don’t calculate themselves.”

Stone’s lawyers objected to each of the enhancements the government proposed. On the eight-level enhancement discussed above, Stone’s lawyers cite numerous cases demonstrating why the enhancement should not apply here, and even quote from a letter to the court by the witness of the so-called threats, wherein he denies that he felt threatened and that he “chalked up [Stone’s] bellicose tirades to ‘Stone being Stone’ All bark no bite!”

https://thefederalist.com/2020/02/12...one-is-insane/

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol

stone threatened the judge in his own ing case

prosecutors were spot on in their submission

they are patriots for resigning to show the corruption from trump/barr

/thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    patriot prosecutors

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    /thread no...this thread will be forever bumped as a reminder to you and all the other stupid s that believed the Russiagate hoax

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    speaking of stupid s where is OP djohn2oo8?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TSA lashing out all over the place because of the QAnon threads

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TSA lashing out all over the place because of the QAnon threads
    What happened in the QAnon threads?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The scandalous part wasn’t the FBI looking at the oppo research, the scandalous part was when the FBI learned the oppo research was bunk and then lied about that knowledge to the FISA court multiple times in order to obtain a FISA warrant on Page.

terrible attempt at whataboutism
    Lot of assumptions there to unpack, your "characterization" of the facts lacks credibility imho.

(Go ahead, beat your chest in public some more...)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russiagate HOAX?

Why haver Trash and his mafiya "forgotten", lied, obstructed for 3+ years everything about Russia?

Why are Trash/Barr hiding the EVIDENCE on which the Mueller report was based?

Why did Jared want an extra-governmental crypto channel to Pootin? (I bet he eventually, actually got one, to take instructions from Pootin)

Why did Trash in Helsinki say USA's 17 govt agencies were WRONG, and he believed his puppetmaster Pootin?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russiagate HOAX?

Why haver Trash and his mafiya "forgotten", lied, obstructed for 3+ years everything about Russia?

Why are Trash/Barr hiding the EVIDENCE on which the Mueller report was based?

Why did Jared want an extra-governmental crypto channel to Pootin? (I bet he eventually, actually got one, to take instructions from Pootin)

Why did Trash in Helsinki say USA's 17 govt agencies were WRONG, and he believed his puppetmaster Pootin?

because we called it long ago

and only traitors call trumps treason

a “hoax”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    patriot prosecutors

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Weird.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Weird.
    Looks like Stone had ty representation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Weird.
    its the attorneys' job to strike jurors

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m a federal criminal defense attorney. This range shocked me as unduly high given the non-violent nature of the underlying crimes. To provide some perspective, a mul ude of violent crimes come with lower guidelines calculations. For example, if you use a gun during a crime of violence or drug trafficking, the guidelines range is 60 months; if you brandish a gun during the same, the guidelines range is 84 months.
    How the Government Got to Nine Years

In Stone’s case, the government’s calculation relies on several guidelines enhancements. Generally speaking, certain conduct can increase the offense level guidelines calculation. Here, the base offense level is 14, but with all of the enhancements the government argued for, it jumped to 29.

One enhancement the government recommended jumped out. The government argued that an eight-point enhancement is warranted because Stone’s obstruction of justice “involved causing or threatening to cause physical injury to a person, or property damage.” The government pointed to two particular comments by Stone to a witness: “Prepare to die, c-cksucker” and him threatening to “take that dog away from you.”

Standing alone, it’s not clear these rise to the level of a “violent threat” as required by the enhancement. In fact, I would argue that this is not a case where “reasonable minds” can disagree. This enhancement is a stretch. Particularly significant is that the individual who was the recipient of these “threats” testified at trial that he did not seriously believe Stone would follow through on his so-called threats.

When I did a quick search of D.C. Circuit cases applying this enhancement, I couldn’t find anything. That’s not to say it would never apply, but the infrequency which with the enhancement seems to be used is somewhat telling.
    A Big Jump On a Weak Foundation

The guidelines contain commentary by its drafters. The commentary is meant to further explain the provisions. Here, the guidelines commentary to this enhancement notes that it should “reflect the more serious form of obstruction.” This likely explains why the enhancement is reserved for the more serious, palpable threats.

In its submission to the court, the government relies on cases outside its jurisdiction in support of the enhancement, but in none of those cases did the witness testify that he did not take the so-called threats seriously. What’s significant is that this eight-point enhancement increased the guidelines range from 37 to 46 months to 87 to 108 months. That’s a significant jump for a not so solid enhancement.

While it’s absolutely true that it’s standard practice for the federal government to recommend a guidelines sentence, this begs the question: What’s the appropriate guidelines calculation? As one Twitter user noted, “The Guidelines don’t calculate themselves.”

Stone’s lawyers objected to each of the enhancements the government proposed. On the eight-level enhancement discussed above, Stone’s lawyers cite numerous cases demonstrating why the enhancement should not apply here, and even quote from a letter to the court by the witness of the so-called threats, wherein he denies that he felt threatened and that he “chalked up [Stone’s] bellicose tirades to ‘Stone being Stone’ All bark no bite!”

https://thefederalist.com/2020/02/12...one-is-insane/
    Really? “Prepare to die, c-cksucker” doesn't “rise to the level of a violent threat”? Even if the recipient didn't think he would follow through, it doesn't stop being one.

This is the problem with commentary like this, you need total suspension of reality to argue that point. Plus the prosecution job *is* to throw the book at him, because the judge eventually is the one that decides.

And, btw, you can see that he's very much agreeing that the prosecution simply stuck to the federal sentencing guidelines, because that's what prosecutors do. There wasn't anything weird about what the prosecution requested.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its the attorneys' job to strike jurors
    yeah, I guess Stone had ty lawyers

Thread Information