Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, it's a question that he should answer straight away tomorrow morning.
    He'll duck it. And you'll keep cheering.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He'll duck it. And you'll keep cheering.
    No. I don't hide my . Lakers-Trump,,,makes nary difference.

It's my religion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh, if they find dirt on Trump, this would be golden for the GOP Congress... I bet you Mitch (not you, McConnell) and Paul Ryan are probably already with shovel in hand, digging...

Prime Minister Pence would be a godsend for them...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    tbh, if they find dirt on Trump, this would be golden for the GOP Congress... I bet you Mitch (not you, McConnell) and Paul Ryan are probably already with shovel in hand, digging...

...exactly. It'd be business as usual. Bush/Clinton/Bush/Clinton/Bush/Clinton/Pence

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...exactly. It'd be business as usual. Bush/Clinton/Bush/Clinton/Bush/Clinton/Pence
    It'd be terrible, tbh... basically baseline bum worst nightmare...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It'd be terrible, tbh... basically baseline bum worst nightmare...
    ...it's a living nightmare.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's going to duck it, talk about the dishonest press, deflect with some old scandal from a few years ago, and go about his day.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moby told me Trash is fully compromised, s, coke, piss!

NSA knows it, they're sitting on the info.

Repugs gonna trash Trash, and get their man Pence.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

What if they find dirt on Pence?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What if they find dirt on Pence?
    Ayattolah Paul Ryan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny thing is about 75 ppl would have to die for a democrat to smell the white house. And about 230 million for Shillary to have a shot at it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

without lube before it even went down

don't with the 4th estate

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hater right on with his predictions of a Trump win and then a Trump presidency being one of the most corrupt ever.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

so-called NatSec advisor to the so-called Pres.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just pray Trump ain't dirty, Mitch.
    White House Knew

The Washington Post article published less than an hour ago is devastating, and much less for Michael Flynn than his boss, President Trump. The post I published below suggested that the most obvious explanation of the progression of the Flynn story is that President Trump knew about the Flynn/Russia back channel all along.

Now we have a big new piece of the puzzle. On Monday January 30th, President Trump fired Acting Attorney General Sally Yates for refusing to enforce his immigration executive order. Only days earlier, Yates and what the Post describes as a "senior career national security official" told White House Counsel Donald McGahn that Michael Flynn has lied about his communications with the Russian Ambassador and that he was potentially vulnerable to Russian blackmail.

It's not clear what if anything the White House did with that information. A story published by Politico minutes before the Post story says the White House is acting searching for Flynn's replacement.

What the Post article also reveals is that Flynn's deception became a topic of active concern in the final days of the Obama administration. What they knew was that Flynn's public claims about his contacts with the Russian Ambassador were false and suspected that he had misled at least incoming Vice President Pence. Yates, CIA Director John Brennan and DNI James Clapper discussed the matter repeatedly. They recommended briefing the new President so he could decide himself how to deal with the situation. But this: "FBI Director James B. Comey initially opposed notification, citing concerns that it could complicate the agency’s investigation."

When Obama left office on January 20th, Clapper and Brennan resigned their positions, leaving only Yates in place in her caretaker capacity. After Sean er again vouched for Flynn's account on the 23rd, the matter took on renewed urgency and now Comey agreed the White House should be briefed.

It's not clear precisely when Yates and the intelligence official delivered their message to Donald McGahn in the White House. It had to be between January 23rd and 30th, though the Post story suggests it was closer to the latter date.

What is now clear is that the Trump White House has known about Flynn's deception for at least two weeks.

James Comey must have thought he had a real investigation on his hands to want to avoid compromising it, even at the risk of leaving the President in the dark about such a critical matter.

Did Yates message to the White House color the decision to fire her on January 30th?

Why has the White House taken no apparent action for two weeks? As recently as Friday President Trump told reporters he knew nothing about Flynn's deception. As I noted below, the simplest explanation is that Trump knew about the Flynn/Russia back channel all along.
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/white-house-knew

The Wind Is Sown

I had wanted to end my work evening on the post I published just after 8 PM. Let me conclude on this note. Tonight's revelations (by which I mean those which preceded Michael Flynn's resignation) make it even more clear that there is much more going on out of view than we realize.

As the Russia story submerged out of view in the first days of February, the Acting Attorney General had already warned the White House about Michael Flynn's deceptions and susceptibility to blackmail. She was fired for refusing to enforce the immigration executive order days later. Though the White House now denies it, it seems that the President and his top advisors took no action in response to these warnings.

We can now also see the outlines of another part of the story. It appears that repeated efforts were made to apprise President Trump or those around him of the situation with Michael Flynn. When those warnings were ignored, people in the national security and law enforcement apparatus went instead to the press to get the word out that way. Only now can we see some of the hidden actions which reveal the pattern and provide context to the leaks.

This is not some ill-considered discussion by Michael Flynn. The role of Russia in the 2016 election and the President's relationship to Russia has been the un-ignorable question hanging over President Trump for months. Flynn's resignation does not come close to resolving it. It is highly likely that the Flynn/Russia channel was authorized by the President himself. There's much more to come.
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/the-wind-is-sown

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another scalp!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

lock him up!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Another scalp!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    boutons getting dethroned by Splits

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Russians are pulling a Hater:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.5421e2ecbe53

How utterly stupid to come in right now and defend Flynn AND PENCE. This is a Hater stupid move. Completely don't get it...

This is exactly what Pence wants now, to be defended by a bunch of corrupt Russian parliamentary hacks. The stupidity knows no bounds...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Flynn wasn't freelancing

He was contacting Moscow on Trash's behalf:

"No worries, Vlad. Trash will lift sanctions and we'll all get mega-rich with that $500B Rexxon Tillerson oil/gas deal"

Thread Information