Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Yup, in many ways the injuries helped develop the young guys. And now, Gordon in particular returning doesn’t take away minutes from Brown and Tatum. He takes minutes from Smart and Ojeleye and perhaps Morris. The logjam of players worthy of rotation minutes will be a nice problem to have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were the number one and two options coming into the season though. I think their injuries have been a blessing in disguise for the Celtics. If not, players like Brown, Rozier and specially Tatum wouldn't be so ahead on their development process.

Calling it right now: they will only be marginally better next season and there is a good chance they regress tad bit. especially if Kyrie, in contract year, doesn't fit in and go for his..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yup, in many ways the injuries helped develop the young guys. And now, Gordon in particular returning doesn’t take away minutes from Brown and Tatum. He takes minutes from Smart and Ojeleye and perhaps Morris. The logjam of players worthy of rotation minutes will be a nice problem to have.
    huh? yes it will take mins from Brown or Tatum ...maybe not as much if they let Smart walk ...but one of them is getting less mins.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Marcus Smart averaged 30 minutes a game. Hayward can take all of those minutes without affecting either Tatum or Brown. Plus, remember Tatum will play some small ball minutes at PF. Smart is gone. I don’t care how much Stevens and his teammates like him. You don’t choose to pay him with Hayward returning and with how good Brown, Tatum AND Rozier are. He’d be a luxury to keep around. And if Marcus Morris wasn’t so cheap on one year left, I’d deal him as well. They probably keep Morris. But it would be nothing to slide Horford back to center and play a smaller line-up to accommodate all three of Hayward, Brown, and Tatum.

Both Brown and Tatum averaged just under 31 minutes a game this season. I don’t see either averaging less next season.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Marcus Smart averaged 30 minutes a game. Hayward can take all of those minutes without affecting either Tatum or Brown. Plus, remember Tatum will play some small ball minutes at PF. Smart is gone. I don’t care how much Stevens and his teammates like him. You don’t choose to pay him with Hayward returning and with how good Brown, Tatum AND Rozier are. He’d be a luxury to keep around. And if Marcus Morris wasn’t so cheap on one year left, I’d deal him as well. They probably keep Morris. But it would be nothing to slide Horford back to center and play a smaller line-up to accommodate all three of Hayward, Brown, and Tatum.

Both Brown and Tatum averaged just under 31 minutes a game this season. I don’t see either averaging less next season.
    like i said it all depends on Smart ...
    But even if Smart isnt retained I question how happpy Rozier and Brown would be as 4th options or lower ...
    but we will see good news is they have talent to trade if it doesnt work ...
    but if healthy my starters are Horford Tatum Brown And Kyrie and Hayward is traded for a pick and u try and kerp smart at a reasonable rate.I think having Tatum and Smart offset Kyrie's ty defense ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    just not wowed by Hayward at max money

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bump..

Kyrie and Horford are leaving..

Struck out on AD..

Never seriously went after PG/Butler

Made in' Jaylen Brown/Tatum off the table for Kawhi.

Not selling high on Rozier after a fluke playoff run.

Danny Ainge blew it big time. His precious "assets" have depreciated to the point that the Celtics are not even sure to be Top 4 seed in the next couple of years let alone rule the East.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Bump..

Kyrie and Horford are leaving..

Struck out on AD..

Never seriously went after PG/Butler

Made in' Jaylen Brown/Tatum off the table for Kawhi.

Not selling high on Rozier after a fluke playoff run.

Danny Ainge blew it big time. His precious "assets" have depreciated to the point that the Celtics are not even sure to be Top 4 seed in the next couple of years let alone rule the East.

My lmao. I love this.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    like i said it all depends on Smart ...
    But even if Smart isnt retained I question how happpy Rozier and Brown would be as 4th options or lower ...
    but we will see good news is they have talent to trade if it doesnt work ...
    but if healthy my starters are Horford Tatum Brown And Kyrie and Hayward is traded for a pick and u try and kerp smart at a reasonable rate.I think having Tatum and Smart offset Kyrie's ty defense ...
    Bump
    I told yall that would fail as did a few others on here... when everyone was sucking off Ainge.
    I admit I was drinking the Stevens Kool-aid
    But was right that resigning smart and adding Kyrie and Hayward was gonna the chemistry up..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

You were overly optimistic my brother

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    You were overly optimistic my brother
    Yeah for real... good bump.

Still should have just let Smart even with what’s happening this summer. To his credit, he actually was a competent long range shooter this past season. Still would have never re-signed him. And Jaylen Brown did lose minutes and regressed probably in part because of that.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Bump
    I told yall that would fail as did a few others on here... when everyone was sucking off Ainge.
    I admit I was drinking the Stevens Kool-aid
    But was right that resigning smart and adding Kyrie and Hayward was gonna the chemistry up..
    your quote is garbage. you didn’t call you re .

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    your quote is garbage. you didn’t call you re .
    Huh? I said it elsewhere but did call all of it... Except I thought Stevens was a top 3 coach which I admitted. To lazy to find them but if you see the quote I did bump I said te return would with Brown and Rozier and Hayward wasn't ... I just said it nice in this thread because use I respect Chris Fall... But apparently reading between the lines ain't your Forte.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kyrie a real one:

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    s are very group think. Once something is HOT or it is NOT they jump. Boston is a city with Championship exceptions and they will win another one before all these losers jumping ship do

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    s are very group think. Once something is HOT or it is NOT they jump. Boston is a city with Championship exceptions and they will win another one before all these losers jumping ship do
    I love seeing Boston down but there still in better position than most of the east. s listen to the media too much. Brainwashed by tweets and espn.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I love seeing Boston down but there still in better position than most of the east. s listen to the media too much. Brainwashed by tweets and espn.
    They still have cap space and picks galore.
    But fact remains they wasted the Cavs fleecing and failed to capitalize on all their draft assets. Still have a good if overrated coach but I still believe Tatum will be very good not sure elite tho

Thread Information