Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "standing pat" losing to Raptors without Lowry not even trading for a rebounder he is going to blow it and the Celtics will be doomed to a cute little team status for the next few years..
    Last edited by spursistan; 02-25-2017 at 01:34 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lowry is a cancer

Raptors are better without that tumor tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Butler isnt going to put them on top, tbh. IT and Horford are in their 30's, keeping the 1st pick and kand their assets should be the priority this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All these lower 2nd tier players getting top dollar is just an indication that the league needs to contract. When you have people like Paul George, Kyle Lowry and DeMarcus Cousins attracting attention, you're really desperate for talent. None of these guys are going to change the fortunes of the teams they land on, other than financially for the worse.

Would you pay to see Kyle Lowry? no. He should be getting less than 10 a year. There should be only a few names getting top dollar.

The NBA is like the NBA Forum now, where a bunch of washed up nobodies have diluted the talent pool to the point where the layman has no idea that it wasn't always this ty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How the didn't he offer picks and flotsam to Philly for Noel? or Ibaka early instead of watchim push their in like tonight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's Ibaka really 40 yrs old? WTH has happened to him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How the didn't he offer picks and flotsam to Philly for Noel? or Ibaka early instead of watchim push their in like tonight
    Apparently held out assets for the blockbuster trade that he then didn't have the guts to give up what was asked for.... tough call .

Wisg I had a similar expression in English slang pero se quedó sin la soga y sin la cabra.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All these lower 2nd tier players getting top dollar is just an indication that the league needs to contract. When you have people like Paul George, Kyle Lowry and DeMarcus Cousins attracting attention, you're really desperate for talent. None of these guys are going to change the fortunes of the teams they land on, other than financially for the worse.

Would you pay to see Kyle Lowry? no. He should be getting less than 10 a year. There should be only a few names getting top dollar.

The NBA is like the NBA Forum now, where a bunch of washed up nobodies have diluted the talent pool to the point where the layman has no idea that it wasn't always this ty.
    You think the players should get less than 51% of the revenue? Or that max contracts shouldn't exist?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be very funny if Thomas and Bradley push them to use their cap space on renegotiating their contracts

Edit: apparently they can't because the contracts have to be 4+ years long. Thought the new CBA changed it but guess not.
    Last edited by BG_Spurs_Fan; 02-25-2017 at 05:15 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its not the end of the world. Bostons true deadline is next season. They can easily resign Thomas and pair him with another star.

I

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think the players should get less than 51% of the revenue? Or that max contracts shouldn't exist?
    Too many teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the product has been diluted past the point of relevancy. The life preserver has been the marketing savvy that keeps the NBA interesting through mega-stacked teams while 80% or more of the league is worthless, if you consider worth to be pursuit of a championship. If you're just looking for 28 globetrotter exhibitions, that's a different story.

I think the players who make the difference should get the lion's share of the player salary. I'd bet that anyone here could chose a bench player on some team to start and get the most touches, and we could make a Kyle Lowry level star out of him.

I'm still waiting for that day when the fans get to coach the teams, through instant voting.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celts are pretenders; they're better off not delving into resources to extra pretend, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He said he likes his team, right? How about liking getting blown the f' out by Atlanta at home even with Dwight ejected-- 3rd loss in 4 games...Put a big body on Thomas and this team is easily choked up; they have no other reliable creators, not to mention getting murdered on the glass...This Celtics team represents the an hesis of how playoff team should be built: small, soft, zero superstar power, and best player is a 5'9 PG...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. I've said before that Ainge overrates his players and won't make a decent offer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...arent-forever/

Draft picks aren't forever and a reminder that assets do depreciate. A nice read for you spursistan. Remarks on both Philly's poor return on Noel considering, and in Ainge not improving his team.

the teams’ quiet deadlines are also the results of Boston and Philadelphia attempting to press pause at specific moments in their cycles of success: Philly spent years lingering at the shank end of the standings to collect draft picks, and Boston has kept its powder dry, demurring on trades for its most valuable pieces rather than pushing all-in and committing to a specific le window. As Zach Lowe has pointed out, the Celtics have not exactly been risk averse over the years, but they remain picky about which deals they will pull the trigger on. While that sounds good in theory, NBA teams can’t actually stop the passing of time, and the value of their assets has begun to shift under foot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure Paul George or Butler were worth it, but Horford wasn't, either. Ainge is overrating what he has, however. Probably should have traded for Noel earlier this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thinking the Cavs were untouchable ..

Been saying that Ainge is playing this wrong way: Their window is NOW..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ainge will get the judgment this season.
    He may have miscalculated as you say. They needed to improve for this season... the Cavs are not invulnerable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With as bad as the Cavs are looking I wouldn't put it past them to lose against the Celtics, or even the Wizards. And the Celtics matchup pretty well against GS, it would be funny as to watch the Celtics ring and get the number one pick in the draft, tbh. Just imagine the heights this thread could reach, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonna get 8ed ...

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Ainge is a huge got who overvalues the out of his assets. That whole organization from Ainge on down has been getting themselves fitted for future rings ever since the Nets trade went down. I hope they never even sniff a ring with the Nets picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dem assets doe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information