Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably that even if the Spurs are under the cap it would be by less than the MLE value, thus they'll use the exceptions to improve the team, rather than cap space.
    thanks for that tidbit.
    Much appreciated.
    Certainly puts it in context.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just confirming, Spurs have cost control over Bertans and Forbes next year right? And after the 2018 season they're RFAs?
    Yes...
    as far as I know, Bertans had a 2 year deal and Forbes has a team option/unguaranteed (similar to Simmons from this past season, if I am correct).

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let Lee go (Manu for vet minimum? saves 2 mil or so
    Let Forbes go (saves $500K)
    Keep Milutinov overseas one more year (saves 1 mil)

Feels like the key is to work out a deal with Pau to opt out, give him a longer deal with a lower per year cap hit (final deal of career)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will wait to see who shows up to play against the Big Boys - Not taking that much against a JV team like the Rockets. Who ever shows up vs GS is the person they need to keep.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes will pay dividends=keep
    trade Kyle for a low 1st or high seconds.....Orlando or Atlanta has some good high second round picks
    Bring over Hanga.
    Sign Roberson from Okc
    Pau opt out and sign a two year 20 million contract ( 9 million next 11 million in the expiring year)
    Trade Danny for the best deal available
    Trade LaMarcus to Boston for Bradley+ two highest seconds
    Split Tonys contract over two years

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I have to say is keep guys who can dribble the ball �� without falling down

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Simmons has shown his value over Dedmon in this post season.

Looking at our cap situation, it's clear to me that Spurs are targeting 2018 free agency and Paul George/Westbrook. We can bring back everyone except Dedmon and keep flexibility for 2018.

Simmons is especially valuable in that case. Whatever someone offers him this summer we can match and he will only go on the books for around $7m this year and next with a jump in the 3rd (assuming he gets a suitably large offer) due to the Arenas rule. This lets us keep him and maintain flexibility for 2018. We also get to keep the MLE to sign a Dedmon replacement, perhaps Splitter on a 1 year deal?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not even touching Splitter for the MLE. Maybe the LLE, but honestly I'd want him on a min deal. Dude needs to show he can be healthy again before cashing in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    id love Splitter back for the min.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can anyone think of Spurs cap situation in summer 2018 ? http://hoopshype.com/salaries/san_antonio_spurs/

It`s last chance get help for Kawhi, before he`s 42m/year new deal kicks. And the roster will Murray, Kawhi and two players with players options - Green for 10mil and LMA for 23mil.

List of potential UFA`s

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/2018/

It`s not looking good.
    Last edited by Mal; 05-19-2017 at 10:17 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wrong year, should be 2018

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does the new cap environment make it more likely that teams would try to do sign-and-trades?

Bill Simmons was bull ting but threw out there Simmons-Porter mutual S&T idea which made me wonder about S&Ts generally.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does the new cap environment make it more likely that teams would try to do sign-and-trades?

Bill Simmons was bull ting but threw out there Simmons-Porter mutual S&T idea which made me wonder about S&Ts generally.
    Which Simmons ? Which Porter? Ben Simmons for Otto Porter ? WTH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wrong year, should be 2018
    ?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mal was asking about summer 2018, then linked to free agents in summer 2019

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh. All right.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fixed. Still not looking good.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which Simmons ? Which Porter? Ben Simmons for Otto Porter ? WTH
    On his podcast, BILL Simmons was bull ting about a hypothetical JON Simmons for Otto Porter swap doing a mutual sign and trade. It was in the context of Washington being in a tough spot with Porter and whether he's a near max dude, and whether they could get similar production from a Jon Simmons type who'd be cheaper.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On his podcast, BILL Simmons was bull ting about a hypothetical JON Simmons for Otto Porter swap doing a mutual sign and trade. It was in the context of Washington being in a tough spot with Porter and whether he's a near max dude, and whether they could get similar production from a Jon Simmons type who'd be cheaper.
    Washington salary situation is not good. They probably will lose Gortat and Bogdanovic in order to retain Porter and get bench. But I cannot see Jonathan Simmons being traded straight up for Otto Porter. Washington can do better, and Spurs need to do way better job at getting another 20mil guy next to Kawhi

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Washington salary situation is not good. They probably will lose Gortat and Bogdanovic in order to retain Porter and get bench. But I cannot see Jonathan Simmons being traded straight up for Otto Porter. Washington can do better, and Spurs need to do way better job at getting another 20mil guy next to Kawhi
    I don't think he means straight up. He means giving Otto the max and trading him to us for Simmons on a lesser valued contract. For that to happen, we would need to open up cap space. Even then, I don't know if the rules allow it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. The discussion just made me generally wonder whether we'd see more sign and trades in the this new cap environment.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This year's draft pick (#29) is 1,017,800

Milutinov if signed this year is subject to this season's scale, so for #26 should be 1,062,300

According to Larry Coon's rookie scale page

Edit:

Wait, is Coon's site outdated? It doesn't seem to have the updated numbers for mid-level or rookie deals.

The numbers above are probably off
    Last edited by objective; 05-20-2017 at 04:10 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This year's draft pick (#29) is 1,017,800

Milutinov if signed this year is subject to this season's scale, so for #26 should be 1,062,300

According to Larry Coon's rookie scale page

Edit:

Wait, is Coon's site outdated? It doesn't seem to have the updated numbers for mid-level or rookie deals.

The numbers above are probably off
    Yeah, those numbers are way outdated. Picks take up about 50 percent more room. And automatically count as 120 percent of the rookie scale for cap purposes

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could someone sum up actual Spurs salaries please ?

just to know what we have left for this Free agency.

Thanks

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From ESPN article:

Cap-space breakdown

By virtue of the Marco Belinelli signing, San Antonio is now hard-capped. The Spurs have $105 million in salary and are $24 million below the hard-cap threshold.

To avoid the luxury tax ($123.7 million) and hard cap, San Antonio could possibly lose veteran*Tony Parker*and have to make a choice among restricted free agents*Davis Bertans,*Kyle Anderson*and*Bryn Forbes.

Exceptions:*$2.7 (room midlevel) and $3.4 million (biannual)

Thread Information