Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Most of those players are pieces of and that will show in the playoffs. The regular season once again fooling people. I bet you also think teams with elite wr's win super bowls, right?
    Kawhi-centric offense won't work in the playoffs. Other teams will double him with ease forcing other players to knockdown shots and it won't happen consistently enough to win a series against an elite team.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi-centric offense won't work in the playoffs. Other teams will double him with ease forcing other players to knockdown shots and it won't happen consistently enough to win a series against an elite team.
    The Warriors style of play won't work either unless they are gifted depleted teams again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more hype surrounds this seeding the more Pop will pretend to not give a , and rest his guys on key nights. Pop likes showing the world that he's the boss.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most Spurs fans want this but it would be horrible. We would get the clips in rd 2 as the one seed which is a real tough matchup up for us and all we'd get for that is one extra home game if we get to rd 3. Even in the game we beat them it was Paul's first game back and they played the warriors the night before

2 seed is so much better for us. Matchups are much more important than one extra home game, and it's not close
    Good points

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Current standings show Houston and Denver are fairly locked in at 3 and 8 respectively.

The intrigue is in seeds 4 through 7, which are completely up for grabs:

4) 37-24 Utah
    5) 36-24 Clips
    6) 36-25 Mem
    7) 35-25 OKc

It's a tossup on who finishes where between these four clubs.

Factoring in the above, here are the two roads to the NBA Finals assuming higher seed wins:

One seed - Denver, Uta/LA/Mem/Okc, Warriors
    Two seed - Uta/LA/Mem/Okc , Houston, Warriors

So it's not just a matter of home court vs GSW, but you face one less tougher opponent.
    Would you rather deal with Houston or Denver?

Big game tonight - Warriors at Chicago.
    We'll know how fragile they are going up against a 30-30 Bulls team, the sheer definition of mediocrity this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Current standings show Houston and Denver are fairly locked in at 3 and 8 respectively.

4) 37-24 Utah
    5) 36-24 Clips
    6) 36-25 Mem
    7) 35-25 OKc

Factoring in the above, here are the two roads to the NBA Finals assuming higher seed wins:

So it's not just a matter of home court vs GSW, but you face one less tougher opponent.

We'll know how fragile they are going up against a 30-30 Bulls team, the sheer definition of mediocrity this season.
    Good post. Houston might be a good matchup for the Spurs but it will be far easier to beat Denver.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

4) 37-24 Utah
    5) 36-24 Clips
    6) 36-25 Mem
    7) 35-25 OKc

I see your logic, but it's kinda flawed imo. It's not Houston or Denver. Not that black and white. You're using a 4 team possibility for the 1st/ 2nd rounds, when really, we're only facing 1 team. Which team that is will greatly effect the difficulty of the route to the WCF.
    Grizz/OKC >> Houston >> Warriors
    or
    Denver >> Clippers >> Warriors
    is what it likely will be
    Some would argue that it's worth it to avoid the clippers matchup

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LAC looks like , it's not particularly likely that they get the fourth seed, let alone win their first series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LAC looks like , it's not particularly likely that they get the fourth seed, let alone win their first series.
    This

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FiveThirtyEight has the chance that the Spurs are the top seed at 10% (and champs at 17%).

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They also gutted their depth to get KD. This Warriors team without KD is far inferior to the one that won 73.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been obvious as the last two playoff years.
    I'm hoping Popped will adjust before the prime Kwa era is pissed away.
    Not seeing it happen tho. Last night another prime example.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi-centric offense won't work in the playoffs. Other teams will double him with ease forcing other players to knockdown shots and it won't happen consistently enoughy to win a series against an elite team.
    Several of our players shoot significantly better when they aren't being closely guarded. If Kawhi is is doubled it means Danny, Pau, LMA, Patty, TP, Dedmon, Lee, or Manu are wide open. Kawhi will certainly need to get used to passing when he's drawing a double, but if we are moving the ball 'the Spurs way' I think we'll be alright.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not happening. The Warriors might not need Durant to win the championship, so they damn sure don't need him for roughly a quarter of the regular season, when they're already three up in the loss column on a Spurs team that has repeatedly faltered whenever there's been the slightest crack in their armor for going on 3 seasons and has a coach that'll quickly squelch any possibility, with his look-at-me-aren't-I-a-genius shtick down the stretch.

Of course, within' reason, the Spurs should be going all out for it. Even when considering their propensity to lose home playoff games, in a general sense the odds are still almost always at least slightly better of winning a series with home court.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chicago has won 17 straight TNT Thursday games, the best mark in NBA history..they become a super team in this setting, hopefully they come through tonight, 3 games back with 2 head-to-head matchups would make #1 plausible, at least..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They also gutted their depth to get KD. This Warriors team without KD is far inferior to the one that won 73.
    This. No longer can they coast and not play curry in the 4th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chicago has won 17 straight TNT Thursday games, the best mark in NBA history..they become a super team in this setting, hopefully they come through tonight, 3 games back with 2 head-to-head matchups would make #1 plausible, at least..
    Awwwwww
    you just set them up to lose their record as far as I know. It's bound to be broken sometime.
    Hopefully not, let Jimmy Buckets be balling please.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Awwwwww
    you just set them up to lose their record as far as I know. It's bound to be broken sometime.
    Hopefully not, let Jimmy Buckets be balling please.
    they're a 7-point underdog, it would still be an upset if they beat GS..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't look good at all so far, their bench is so damn hideous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GS is on their 3rd game in 4 nights on the road. They haven't lost 2 in a row in forever, but outside of their stretch of games at the end of the month, this is the perfect opportunity for a little losing streak.

Bulls up 1 now in the 3rd

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steph looks like such a god-damned cancer when he's shooting like an average player. Like JR Smith level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors look like crap tonight. Bulls are awful as well though. The top seed is a possibility if the spurs sweep the warriors in the regular season and close on a strong run.
    Last edited by rastaspur; 03-02-2017 at 10:35 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    warriors trailing the Bulls.........................

Thread Information