Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It looks like the last 3 years have caught up with Curry, he hasn't had the same spring with his footwork on the dribble most of this season.

This Warriors team, even with Durant, is more beatable than the past two Warriors' squads.
    Agreed... #1seed would be great. Dude usually plays like crap in SA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is nothing more gut wrenching than having to root for NY . I cannot imagine what being a NY fan is like.
    Was just thinking this. What a dumpster fire of a team. They've actually played hard today, but they are so incredibly undisciplined, especially defensively, that it's hard to watch. And Hornacek won't make a single adjustment defensively. Wild.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry isn't that great right now... and he falls off a bit during the playoffs...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zaza's illegal screens have replaced Bogut's illegal screens. Not quite as effective for often, but they are definitely still there. Something to watch for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welp, maybe Atlanta can step up tomorrow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they're only good defensively against teams that bail them out by jacking up tons of 3's as well. If you pound that rock down low and show Green that he's isn't the 2nd coming of Olajuwon in the paint, you can beat them or make them struggle.
    this is the I'm talking about. The Knicks spend the whole 4th quarter turning the ball over and shooting bad shots . As soon as they go down 9 with a minute to go, Porzingas realizes, "hey, I'm 7'3" and I have a 6'7 player guarding me. He scores IMMEDIATELY on the inbound over Green. Not even 3 seconds. Why coaches and playes continue to bail out GS on defense when they put green at center is beyond my knowledge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I'm the Knicks I buy Carmelo Anthony out. Also, I assassinate Dolan. tiest owner in sports.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is the I'm talking about. The Knicks spend the whole 4th quarter turning the ball over and shooting bad shots . As soon as they go down 9 with a minute to go, Porzingas realizes, "hey, I'm 7'3" and I have a 6'7 player guarding me. He scores IMMEDIATELY on the inbound over Green. Not even 3 seconds. Why coaches and playes continue to bail out GS on defense when they put green at center is beyond my knowledge.

To to be fair, The Knicks tried feeding Porzingis is the ball on the block against him multiple times in the first half, but he was a pussy and didn't attack aggressively. He threw up some garbage fall-away shots and then went away from it. That was on Porzingod.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    porzingis might be much taller than green but that dosent mean you can just back him down. green is wider and has a lower center of gravity. you can shoot over him but that dosent mean you will be 3 feet away from the rim

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To to be fair, The Knicks tried feeding Porzingis is the ball on the block against him multiple times in the first half, but he was a pussy and didn't attack aggressively. He threw up some garbage fall-away shots and then went away from it. That was on Porzingod.
    I definitely agree with you on this. I noticed that Porzingis scored on Draymond a few times when he did a simple hook shot. The hook shot is one of the best moves to use against a smaller physical opponent. I felt Porzingis should have used it more throughout the game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    porzingis might be much taller than green but that dosent mean you can just back him down. green is wider and has a lower center of gravity. you can shoot over him but that dosent mean you will be 3 feet away from the rim
    Yep. If anyone saw Malik Rose guarding Shaq, they'll know what you're talking about. Malik had a low center of gravity and he was able to hold his own against Shaq at times (despite his lack of height). Shaq still was able to score because he was aggressive and kept attacking, but it wasn't as easy as you thought it would be against Malik. Same with Draymond Green. It's not as easy as you think it would be to score against him down low with a bigger player. The thing is, you gotta keep attacking him and not let him off the hook. Too many teams do that.
    Last edited by Ice009; 03-05-2017 at 10:46 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the same reason why Durant isn't a good low-post player, at least not against Green as well. Height is much better served in the face-up/high-post game than on the block.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before Durant went down, we were 5 games back of the Warriors. Now we're only 2 games back, with 2 more head-to-head matchups against them, both of which will be in San Antonio and on the 2nd night of a back-to-back for the Dubs.

Assuming Durant doesn't come back until the playoffs, it's not a stretch to say at this point that the Spurs are in the driver's seat for the #1 seed.
    not saying it's impossible, but very unlikely

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not saying it's impossible, but very unlikely

The only thing we have to do is beat the Durant-less Warriors playing on the 2nd night of a back to back on our home floor twice and then win at the same pace as them for the rest of the season. That's it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only thing we have to do is beat the Durant-less Warriors playing on the 2nd night of a back to back on our home floor twice and then win at the same pace as them for the rest of the season. That's it.
    Control our own fate tbqh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be huge if Boston do us a solid here..Basically 2-game swing seen Spurs looked on the ropes vs the Kings only few hours ago....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be huge if Boston do us a solid here..Basically 2-game swing seen Spurs looked on the ropes vs the Kings only few hours ago....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1.5 games back with a GS head-to-head matchup this week? Dayum. Spurs got really close, really fast.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1.5 games back with a GS head-to-head matchup this week? Dayum. Spurs got really close, really fast.
    More so than GSW's recent struggles, Spurs' resilience the past week (season-long really) has been admirable..

Last 5 games:

- Trailed by 9 = W
    - Trailed by 8 = W
    - Trailed by 16 = W
    - Trailed by 16 = W
    - Trailed by 28 = W

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have shown a lot of character but you cannot keep falling behind. Yes, they comeback and flex their muscles, but it's alarming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have shown a lot of character but you cannot keep falling behind. Yes, they comeback and flex their muscles, but it's alarming.
    Yeah, it is byproduct of them being flawed offensively that they keep suffering these long scoring droughts..Going to probably cost them in the playoffs eventually..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More so than GSW's recent struggles, Spurs' resilience the past week (season-long really) has been admirable..

Last 5 games:

- Trailed by 9 = W
    - Trailed by 8 = W
    - Trailed by 16 = W
    - Trailed by 16 = W
    - Trailed by 28 = W
    Yeah, but it'd be nice if they cut that out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, it is byproduct of them being flawed offensively that they keep suffering these long scoring droughts..Going to probably cost them in the playoffs eventually..
    Yup - you hit the nail on the head. It's a combo of legit offensive problems with LMA completely doing nada there and Danny not hitting like usual either. Then there is also this irrational confidence this team has as well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last year's Spurs team was better than the current one by every metric, yet you disregard that in their case. The metrics also say this team is essentially equal to that of the '14 Spurs.

Even thought they clearly have a higher upside with Durant, based on their play to date, I actually don't think this Warriors team is quite as good as last year's because Curry, Thompson and to a lesser extent Green (mainly 3-point shooting), aren't playing at the same level, their unprecedented late game luck has regressed to the mean and even though they've done a serviceable job, Pachulia/McGee seem destined to be exposed at some point in the playoffs. Of course, because of their high end talent and current state of the league, more than likely none of this prevents them from winning the championship though.

It is almost like losing the 2nd or 3rd best player in the world is a big deal.."The Warriors will be fine"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not. A. Chance.

Thread Information