Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Link's Awakening is pretty ing good, but the framerate issues are annoying as . Supposedly it runs a lot better if you install to NAND instead of SD, but I already have BOTW installed to NAND leaving no room for any game larger than about 4.5GB.

Cracked me up locking the gardner out of his garden in Un led Goose Game. And then making the dumb kid buy his toy plane back from the lady with the outdoors shop.
    No idea about NAND vs. SD. I ended up just buying the physical copy. It would have taken at least 3 days for me to download it with my ty internet. UGG took 6 hours with me having to check it and tell it to resume the download.

LOL at that kid. Locking him in the garage gave me some satisfaction. Although it took a while for me to figure out the shopkeeper was the lady and not the electronics guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve never played a Luigi’s Mansion game before but the one that just came out is pretty great.
    Maybe it’s a little easy. But I’m only halfway in.
    8.5/10 for me

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve never played a Luigi’s Mansion game before but the one that just came out is pretty great.
    8.5/10 for me
    Bend over. I'll show you halfway in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t need all the Switch features so I guess I should be fine with the Lite?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t need all the Switch features so I guess I should be fine with the Lite?
    Full Switch is a little bulky to use as a portable IMO. Doesn't slip into the pocket like Vita or New 3DS XL does for me. Plus it just doesn't feel that solid since it's so thin and the joycons detach. I bought a big bulky case for carrying it because it feels a little fragile IMO. If you only want to use Switch handheld I would think the Lite would be better. I haven't used one myself, but all the reviews I have seen say it feels more solid in the hand. But losing docking is a big tradeoff. Super Mario Odyssey is way better on the bigscreen with one joycon in each hand since it implements motion controls really well. Much harder to control handheld IMO. Plus the big open world looks amazing on a large screen. Zelda BOTW has a lot of wide open views since you're constantly climbing , so being able to dock the Switch for it is great too. Then for instance Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is worlds better docked than handheld. Docked it looks like a really good PS3 game graphically while handheld it looks like a really good Gamecube game graphically (the resolution drops to like 480p handheld). With that said, most Switch games I have played work really well handheld and I play my full Switch handheld vs docked maybe 60/40.

I'd probably still just buy the full Switch unless you have no interest whatsoever in playing it on your TV.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bend over. I'll show you halfway in.
    Lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Full Switch is a little bulky to use as a portable IMO. Doesn't slip into the pocket like Vita or New 3DS XL does for me. Plus it just doesn't feel that solid since it's so thin and the joycons detach. I bought a big bulky case for carrying it because it feels a little fragile IMO. If you only want to use Switch handheld I would think the Lite would be better. I haven't used one myself, but all the reviews I have seen say it feels more solid in the hand. But losing docking is a big tradeoff. Super Mario Odyssey is way better on the bigscreen with one joycon in each hand since it implements motion controls really well. Much harder to control handheld IMO. Plus the big open world looks amazing on a large screen. Zelda BOTW has a lot of wide open views since you're constantly climbing , so being able to dock the Switch for it is great too. Then for instance Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is worlds better docked than handheld. Docked it looks like a really good PS3 game graphically while handheld it looks like a really good Gamecube game graphically (the resolution drops to like 480p handheld). With that said, most Switch games I have played work really well handheld and I play my full Switch handheld vs docked maybe 60/40.

I'd probably still just buy the full Switch unless you have no interest whatsoever in playing it on your TV.
    Thanks

Lite it is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks

Lite it is
    Post what you think of it when you get it man. Seems like a great deal at $200.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Post what you think of it when you get it man. Seems like a great deal at $200.
    Great deal
    But gonna wait and see if I can get an ever better deal during the holidays

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    8.5/10 for me
    I’m revising this rating. Finished the game and for me, it’s as fun as anything I’ve played on the Switch.
    10/10.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For anyone looking to buy right now, do not get the Black Friday Mario Kart 8 bundle. It's Nintendo trying to clear stocks of old hardware while the newer Switch for sale in the red box has something like twice the battery life between charges (it's not so much having a better battery, but having much better hardware that consumes a lot less power so lasts a lot longer). I don't think it makes sense to pay $300 for inferior Switch + Mario Kart 8 when you could pay $300 for the good Switch any time (the one in the red box) and then go pick Mario Kart 8 up for $30 from Target for BF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, MLB The Show is coming to Switch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bought the Zelda remake, Yoshis World and Spyro trilogy to take with me for the holiday down time. Some of them were on sale in Amazon too. We’ll see what they look like

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bought the Zelda remake, Yoshis World and Spyro trilogy to take with me for the holiday down time. Some of them were on sale in Amazon too. We’ll see what they look like
    Link's Awakening is pretty great if you like the old school top down Zelda games like the NES original or Link to the Past on SNES. The performance is pretty bad thanks to a terrible implementation of dynamic resolution, but the game is still a very solid 8.5/10 IMO. Yoshi's Crafted World is much cooler in action than it looks in reviews. I never beat it, but I thought it was a fun game in short spurts; e.g., beat a quick level, go back to your day. Don't know about Spyro though. You should check out Super Mario Maker 2 if you don't have it. That game is just built for handheld as even counting only the campaign, it is easily the best 2D Mario game since New Super Mario Bros back on the DS. Probably even the best 2D Mario since Super Mario World on SNES. I'd rate that a 9/10, I mean a must play. I wasn't very impressed by New Super Mario Bros U though, that's probably a 5/10 IMO. Yoshi's Crafted World I'd probably give a solid 7/10.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Link's Awakening is pretty great if you like the old school top down Zelda games like the NES original or Link to the Past on SNES. The performance is pretty bad thanks to a terrible implementation of dynamic resolution, but the game is still a very solid 8.5/10 IMO. Yoshi's Crafted World is much cooler in action than it looks in reviews. I never beat it, but I thought it was a fun game in short spurts; e.g., beat a quick level, go back to your day. Don't know about Spyro though. You should check out Super Mario Maker 2 if you don't have it. That game is just built for handheld as even counting only the campaign, it is easily the best 2D Mario game since New Super Mario Bros back on the DS. Probably even the best 2D Mario since Super Mario World on SNES. I'd rate that a 9/10, I mean a must play. I wasn't very impressed by New Super Mario Bros U though, that's probably a 5/10 IMO. Yoshi's Crafted World I'd probably give a solid 7/10.
    I was on the fence on Mario Maker 2, but it wasn't on sale, and:
    1) Tough enough to get discounts on Switch games
    2) Only play the switch pretty much during the holiday break every year
    3) I'm actually more partial to the 3D mario games (loved oddysey, SMW, etc)

Maybe next time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just finished a game called The Touryst.

Kind of a Link's Awakening lite. But pretty fun. Very smooth.
    7.5/10

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just finished a game called The Touryst.

Kind of a Link's Awakening lite. But pretty fun. Very smooth.
    7.5/10
    Bend over, I'll in give ya a smooth 7.5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bend over, I'll in give ya a smooth 7.5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It looks like a hilarious game in the mold of Goat Simulator or Donut County.
    Based on your comparison, I went back and played Donut Country. Pretty good game although pretty easy. Although the game play and writing made it worthwhile.
    Just started GS but it seems pretty glitchy on the Switch. Did you play it on something different?

Also, you might like Good Job. Similar to UGG although it's quite a bit easier to figure out the solutions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based on your comparison, I went back and played Donut Country. Pretty good game although pretty easy. Although the game play and writing made it worthwhile.
    Just started GS but it seems pretty glitchy on the Switch. Did you play it on something different?

Also, you might like Good Job. Similar to UGG although it's quite a bit easier to figure out the solutions.
    Goat simulator is glitchy by design

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Goat simulator is glitchy by design
    To what extent? For instance, I'm in the cooking show and on the right side of the stage but the camera angle switches to the complete other side where I can't even see the goat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Multiple Bioshock and Borderlands games coming for Switch by end of May.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If anyone has any recommendations, I'd love to hear them. I'm to the point where getting a different console might make more sense than me spending $ trying out crappy games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If anyone has any recommendations, I'd love to hear them. I'm to the point where getting a different console might make more sense than me spending $ trying out crappy games.
    Super Mario Maker 2 is really cool if you haven't played it. It's easily the best 2D Mario game since New Super Mario Bros on the DS fifteen years ago. Astral Chain is pretty good too. At some point I'm definitely going to have to play Dragon Quest XI since I love JRPG and the Switch has the definitive version of the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I might get P5R, but the original is so ing long that I don't know if I want to go through it again. I am wondering what the appeal of P5S is on the Switch for somebody who has a PS4. I'd like to get another Switch game, but it seems like a downgrade.
    I'm pretty late into P5R and the new storyline after Christmas is pretty awesome. Best quality of life upgrade though is not having Morgana force you to sleep all the time.

I played the Japanese version of Persona 5 Scramble's demo and it was surprisingly good. I wasn't expecting much from yet another Musou game but the art style, music, and and elemental attacks actually work pretty decently. Also Morgana is a much funnier character in the Japanese version of the games since some of his character is based on this famous old Japanese book called "wagahai ha neko de aru" (I am a Cat) about a super arrogant cat who thinks his middle class owners are royalty so he is too. It's pretty funny the way Morgana talks in the Japanese game but it's a little touch that they couldn't translate into English since that book is only famous in Japan.

Thread Information