Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who was even clamoring for a new Bomberman?

Bomberman was fun 30 years ago on the NES but that is old and games have moved on. What can you do with that kind of game now? Nintendo might as well have gone back 35 years and brought back Mario Bros (the crappy arcade game that took place on one screen).
    He's not a knowledgeable/ hardcore gamer; he makes impulsive buys without doing any research

Just funny to me that it's so ass and it's one of the few les available at launch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Holy ing .

Telling their own fanboys is their own fault. Genius marketing ploy.
    Sounds like Apple

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BOTW is the only thing remotely interesting about the Switch, and I'll just wait a few months for CEMU to emulate the Wii-U version properly and then play that at a native 1080p.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    I am seriously thinking about getting the Switch just to play BotW. That game looks amazing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Switch is a niche system. Nothing wrong with getting one of you like what it offers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BOTW is the only thing remotely interesting about the Switch, and I'll just wait a few months for CEMU to emulate the Wii-U version properly and then play that at a native 1080p.
    I mean, the whole point is that it's a highly portable console system. I think the graphics/capabilities are more than enough to make some incredible games for it.

If there was a tablet that could reliably run steam games, I'd be all over it, but there isn't. Even a surface pro is kinda ty when it comes to discrete graphics and those things are $.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, the whole point is that it's a highly portable console system. I think the graphics/capabilities are more than enough to make some incredible games for it.

If there was a tablet that could reliably run steam games, I'd be all over it, but there isn't. Even a surface pro is kinda ty when it comes to discrete graphics and those things are $.
    I wouldn't want to play my nosteam catalog on a handheld. Games that work on handheld are a lot different from games that work on a bigscreen IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't want to play my nosteam catalog on a handheld. Games that work on handheld are a lot different from games that work on a bigscreen IMO.
    Yep. I've only played a few handheld game that were originally for a console that worked. God of War was great for the PSP. That being said, it was nowhere close to as enjoyable as on a TV. For the most part, handheld games need to be able to be played in very short spurts (bend over I'll show you a short spurt).
    But puzzle games and short stage games are great in a portable. And 8 bit looking stuff is fine. I loved the out of Hotline Miami I and II on the Vita.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. I've only played a few handheld game that were originally for a console that worked. God of War was great for the PSP. That being said, it was nowhere close to as enjoyable as on a TV. For the most part, handheld games need to be able to be played in very short spurts (bend over I'll show you a short spurt).
    But puzzle games and short stage games are great in a portable. And 8 bit looking stuff is fine. I loved the out of Hotline Miami I and II on the Vita.
    So the PSP God of War games are good? I just picked up Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta for my PS3 last week since the Playstation Store had a package deal with both of them for $2.49 total. At the price of a hamburger I figured just pick them up and if I don't like who gives a , it was only $2.49. I used to have a PSP and I got it because it looked like it would be so cool to play GTA while on the bus to work but I thought it translated so badly. I have since played the Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories on emulator and they're pretty good, but GTA on a small screen is terrible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the PSP God of War games are good? I just picked up Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta for my PS3 last week since the Playsta Store had a package deal with both of them for $2.49 total. At the price of a hamburger I figured just pick them up and if I don't like who gives a , it was only $2.49. I used to have a PSP and I got it because it looked like it would be so cool to play GTA while on the bus to work but I thought it translated so badly. I have since played the Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories on emulator and they're pretty good, but GTA on a small screen is terrible.
    Yeah....they are actually good on the PSP. That being said, there are some scenes wher he gets pretty small as the scene zooms out and tries to bring in a big area. But by far, one of the best translations for the PSP or Vita. Yeah...I did the same with GTA. Just didn't work. 2.49. I'd throw that away in seconds in an arcade. Can't go wrong there.

At some point I realized that I needed to bring down my expectations on the PSP. Started focusing on puzzle based games and 2D stuff. Ended up getting the Vita when it came out. Enough decent games to me,e it worth it.
    Last edited by SpursforSix; 04-08-2017 at 04:20 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are a ton of games I could play on a tablet with a touchscreen/controller. FTL, Dark Souls, Rocket League, etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are a ton of games I could play on a tablet with a touchscreen/controller. FTL, Dark Souls, Rocket League, etc
    Dark Souls on a portable sounds terrible IMO. However, there is a rumor I have kept seeing over and over again that From Software is going to release Dark Souls III on the Switch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dark Souls on a portable sounds terrible IMO. However, there is a rumor I have kept seeing over and over again that From Software is going to release Dark Souls III on the Switch.
    They also have FIFA 17 on the switch but its the Ps3 version.

Won't surprise me to see a massive scaledown

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am seriously thinking about getting the Switch just to play BotW. That game looks amazing.
    tbh I'm gonna do the same. I rarely play games anymore but I do love zelda, mario, mario kart, and the sort. sure I could just emulate the games but these are games I enjoy and want to support the company. I couldn't give two s about EA and other companies like that though.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Three things are stopping me from pulling the trigger: the %50 markup that the Switch is going for currently, the issues that have been reported with the consoles, and the fact that I am currently alternating between playing FFXV, Dark Souls 3, Nioh and Persona V, so another game on my plate is not a good idea.

I probably should just get BotW on the Wii U, since mine is collecting dust, but I don't want to. The console has no other game worth getting currently, so I might just wait for a while. Funny thing is, I've probably played fewer than 10 minutes total of Zelda games in my entire life, and I'm seriously considering getting a new console just to play one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Had no idea the Switch was doing as well as it is.

The fastest selling console ever in Japan and the U.S.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some dude on 4chan leaked a checklist of Nintendo's E3 2018 presentation. Supposedly this guy leaked a similar presentation in January last year that turned out to be 100% right.

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/405...ntendo-e3-2018

Nintendo E3 2018 Ghost UH9bl/x392 02/02/18(Fri)13:57:45 No.405526143 Archived▶>>405526609 >>405526646 >>405528931 >>405531056 >>405531396 >>405531762 >>405532016 >>405538358
    Hi guys ! Today I'm working the setup for E3 2018 at Los Angeles and I already received installation instructions from Nintendo for the physical stands for their consoles/softwares for E3 2018, I don't know the exact names of the games, I can tell you that there will be no new Nintendo 3DS games for this E3, there will have only Nintendo Switch games, here is what will have (First Party Only for the moment):

>Metroid Prime 4
    >Pokemon - It's two versions with the 8th generation.
    >Bayonetta 3
    >Pikmin 4 - 4th game of the Pikmin series.
    >The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword HD - HD remake of the Wii game.
    >Super Mario Maker 2 - It's a sequel, not just a port.
    >Super Smash Bros for Nintendo Switch - The "Ultimate Version " of Super Smash Bros for 3DS and Wii U with new major contents and all DLC included.
    >Luigi's Mansion 3 - To celebrate the 35th anniversary of Luigi, developped by Next Level Games.
    >Wario Ware - Surprise ! A new Wario Ware game for showcasing Nintendo Switch tech, there will have stands with categories of mini-games with Wario, Mona, Jimmy-T and 9 Volt, developped by Intelligent System.
    >Animal Crossing - New game of the Animal Crossing series.
    >Fire Emblem - The 16th game of the Fire Emblem series.
    >Yoshi - The Yoshi game which has been shown at E3 2017 with his final name and a release for June 2018.
    >Mario Party 11 - The 11th game of Mario Party series for also showcasing Nintendo Switch tech, developped by Nd Cube.
    >New unknow IP - It's a horror game developped by Retro Studios.

Skyward Sword HD remake... get in here jeebus

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nintendo has a creative problem, imo.

The answer is always Mario or Zelda.

I'm intrigued by Metroid Prime 4 though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nintendo has a creative problem, imo.

The answer is always Mario or Zelda.

I'm intrigued by Metroid Prime 4 though.
    Last year's Mario and Zelda games were pretty ing creative IMO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hackers hijack Nintendo Switch, show Linux loaded on console

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/...ed-on-console/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last year's Mario and Zelda games were pretty ing creative IMO
    Yeah I mean when it comes to creating brand new IPs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some dude on 4chan leaked a checklist of Nintendo's E3 2018 presentation. Supposedly this guy leaked a similar presentation in January last year that turned out to be 100% right.

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/405...ntendo-e3-2018

Nintendo E3 2018 Ghost UH9bl/x392 02/02/18(Fri)13:57:45 No.405526143 Archived▶>>405526609 >>405526646 >>405528931 >>405531056 >>405531396 >>405531762 >>405532016 >>405538358
    Hi guys ! Today I'm working the setup for E3 2018 at Los Angeles and I already received installation instructions from Nintendo for the physical stands for their consoles/softwares for E3 2018, I don't know the exact names of the games, I can tell you that there will be no new Nintendo 3DS games for this E3, there will have only Nintendo Switch games, here is what will have (First Party Only for the moment):

>Metroid Prime 4
    >Pokemon - It's two versions with the 8th generation.
    >Bayonetta 3
    >Pikmin 4 - 4th game of the Pikmin series.
    >The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword HD - HD remake of the Wii game.
    >Super Mario Maker 2 - It's a sequel, not just a port.
    >Super Smash Bros for Nintendo Switch - The "Ultimate Version " of Super Smash Bros for 3DS and Wii U with new major contents and all DLC included.
    >Luigi's Mansion 3 - To celebrate the 35th anniversary of Luigi, developped by Next Level Games.
    >Wario Ware - Surprise ! A new Wario Ware game for showcasing Nintendo Switch tech, there will have stands with categories of mini-games with Wario, Mona, Jimmy-T and 9 Volt, developped by Intelligent System.
    >Animal Crossing - New game of the Animal Crossing series.
    >Fire Emblem - The 16th game of the Fire Emblem series.
    >Yoshi - The Yoshi game which has been shown at E3 2017 with his final name and a release for June 2018.
    >Mario Party 11 - The 11th game of Mario Party series for also showcasing Nintendo Switch tech, developped by Nd Cube.
    >New unknow IP - It's a horror game developped by Retro Studios.

Skyward Sword HD remake... get in here jeebus
    70% lf these are mario spinoffs .

Still Bayonetta, Metroid, fire embledm.

Switch already with more quality exclusives than Xfail redneck one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i believe nintendo could do some great things again if they finally scrapped mario already and stop catering to grade school kids.

edit: now that i think of it, casting their console hype man out would be suicide more than likely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i believe nintendo could do some great things again if they finally scrapped mario already and stop catering to grade school kids.

edit: now that i think of it, casting their console hype man out would be suicide more than likely.
    Nintendo knows where their bread is buttered.

Thread Information