Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After putting a few more hours into it last night I'd say you're probably going to really like this if you were a fan of BOTW. Feels very similar, though looking like a lot less mountain climbing since the area seems to be a bunch of islands. Though I spent all my time just exploring the map, haven't even cleared any checkpoints except for the very opening of the game.
    Yeah...I'm a BOTW fan for sure. I just got tired of some of the grinds which in hindsight, I probably didn't need to do. I'm looking forward to it.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I seent it. It's tempting but my hard copy arrives next Friday and I can wait one more week. Been avoiding spoilers like the plague though lol
    My first thought was the graphics are kind of having been playing PS5 and PC for the last couple of years, but about 3 days into playing it I think it's looking like it's going to be better than BOTW and an absolute shoo-in for GOTY. You're definitely going to want this the second it goes on sale.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My first thought was the graphics are kind of having been playing PS5 and PC for the last couple of years, but about 3 days into playing it I think it's looking like it's going to be better than BOTW and an absolute shoo-in for GOTY. You're definitely going to want this the second it goes on sale.
    Oh I bought it a couple months ago lol. Zelda is pretty much the only game I'll pre order, so it gets here Friday. Nintendo hasn't really been about the graphics since the gamecube days and they focus more on gameplay. Which I prefer tbqh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just god please don't me gather thousands of sticks or blades of grass. And don't rain.
    Figured you'd appreciate this punishment for the ing korok

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Figured you'd appreciate this punishment for the ing korok

Man...I don't even know what that is. Is that you with all the seeds?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man...I don't even know what that is. Is that you with all the seeds?
    Crafting is really big in this game and there are some puzzles where you reunite two lost koroks so you can glue them to whatever contraption you craft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh I bought it a couple months ago lol. Zelda is pretty much the only game I'll pre order, so it gets here Friday. Nintendo hasn't really been about the graphics since the gamecube days and they focus more on gameplay. Which I prefer tbqh.
    Yeah...I'm a BOTW fan for sure. I just got tired of some of the grinds which in hindsight, I probably didn't need to do. I'm looking forward to it.
    Reviews are out and it's getting 10/10 across the board. Metacritic is 96 on it, whole BOTW was 97. Though I think this is a superior game to BOTW in almost every way. Honestly think it's the best game Nintendo as ever made, and this is coming from someone who played Mario Bros back before they put a Super on that mother er in the arcades when it was new. Even if it was the only good game on the Switch it would probably be worth buying a Switch for this game.

Also my complaints about how rough the game looked were addressed by the 1.0.1 patch. So definitely do the 300MB update as soon as you get the game home. It looks a lot better IMO than playing the game straight off the cartridge.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m surprised they’re still making games on this ancient console and making them look good still.

It probably helps it’s in house developed but Nintendo really should start planning their next console if anything to make future games viable in terms of graphics and such.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m surprised they’re still making games on this ancient console and making them look good still.

It probably helps it’s in house developed but Nintendo really should start planning their next console if anything to make future games viable in terms of graphics and such.
    They used an upscaling technique called FSR that's big on PC but hasn't been used too much on console to get the game to look 1080p while rendering 720p to 900p. I think that's what the 1.0.1 update was, and the difference in how the graphics look is huge. Vastly improved with much better performance after that patch.

I kind of expect ToTK to be Nintendo's swan song for Switch since they aren't doing a June Direct this year and have put off their big yearly showcase for September. So sounds like maybe they'll be showing off new hardware for a launch next spring. Without that June direct they probably have nothing big to show off for the rest of 2023.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    This game really delivers. I thought, like others, this was just going to BOTW 2 with some additional in the sky but damm this is like BOTW on steroids and then 5x the scope of even that. The amount of stuff to explore or waste time on with the Fuse mechanic is almost overwhelming Also, I just dropped down to the Hyrule Depths first time thinking "oh, it's just going to be a couple of rooms" only to find out that it's another f*cking overworld...I know it's probably too early to be down here but I'm just wasting time wandering all over the place until I can't continue anymore...rofl I'll be playing this game for years until I actually beat it IMO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This game really delivers. I thought, like others, this was just going to BOTW 2 with some additional in the sky but damm this is like BOTW on steroids and then 5x the scope of even that. The amount of stuff to explore or waste time on with the Fuse mechanic is almost overwhelming Also, I just dropped down to the Hyrule Depths first time thinking "oh, it's just going to be a couple of rooms" only to find out that it's another f*cking overworld...I know it's probably too early to be down here but I'm just wasting time wandering all over the place until I can't continue anymore...rofl I'll be playing this game for years until I actually beat it IMO
    Pretty much my expectation too but I think this is without a doubt the best game Nintendo has ever made. So much wild in this game. Like there's a place with a bunch of Dondons who if you feed luminous stones to they crap out rubies and sapphires and amber and so on a little later, which is great since the fairies want stones to upgrade your armor and .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So jeebus, you agree this is the best game Nintendo has ever made? Only thing that even comes close for me is A Link to the Past.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    So jeebus, you agree this is the best game Nintendo has ever made? Only thing that even comes close for me is A Link to the Past.
    IMO, the only thing that comes close to ToTK is BoTW . Those two are basically in a class of their own, although aLttP is amazing and also similarly revolutionary considering it came out in 1991. I actually replayed the game recently, and was surprised at how many secrets and other hidden stuff there were in the Overworld...comparably OOT was practically empty.

The only non-Zelda Nintendo game, IMO, that is somewhat in the discussion would be Odyssey. Lots of puzzles/exploration and good balance between the two. But after that... Even games like Metroid Prime (which was great) that are considered top 5 to 10 best Nintendo games ever made, depending on who you ask, isn't even in the ballpark

What really sets BOTW and TOTK apart, is that you can just go at your own pace. If you want to log a million hours in these games uncovering new stuff, then you can probably do it. But, if you want to go straight to the final boss with minimal time spent or just complete dungeons, divine beasts, etc you can do that too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO, the only thing that comes close to ToTK is BoTW . Those two are basically in a class of their own, although aLttP is amazing and also similarly revolutionary considering it came out in 1991. I actually replayed the game recently, and was surprised at how many secrets and other hidden stuff there were in the Overworld...comparably OOT was practically empty.

The only non-Zelda Nintendo game, IMO, that is somewhat in the discussion would be Odyssey. Lots of puzzles/exploration and good balance between the two. But after that... Even games like Metroid Prime (which was great) that are considered top 5 to 10 best Nintendo games ever made, depending on who you ask, isn't even in the ballpark

What really sets BOTW and TOTK apart, is that you can just go at your own pace. If you want to log a million hours in these games uncovering new stuff, then you can probably do it. But, if you want to go straight to the final boss with minimal time spent or just complete dungeons, divine beasts, etc you can do that too
    I have been playing it for two weeks and it seems a much much bigger game than BOTW. It's almost like a combination of BOTW, Ocarina, and Minecraft in that it has the incredible exploration of BOTW (with much more to explore) while also bringing back dungeons like we got used to in the old school Zelda games and then the crafting and fusion systems where you can just try all kinds of wild and see what works, what's funny, what causes you to fail spectacularly, and so on. I honestly think the game is a little underrated at 96 on Metacritic. And I'm blown away how well they got this physics system working on the dinky Switch hardware. This is such an ambitious game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crafting is really big in this game and there are some puzzles where you reunite two lost koroks so you can glue them to whatever contraption you craft.
    man...there was a time where that would sound like fun but if it's pulling up menus, I might get worn out. That's what age will do to you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give me a decent fighting system, give me the shrines to earn new stuff, even the travel is fine.
    But for me...right now...scrolling through menus is a beat down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's definitely in The Godfather part 2 territory when it comes to sequels. I've just been farting around for the past 15 or so hours, looking at everything. Been to 3 of the 4 main villages of the different races, and that's been interesting. Got major OOT vibes for Gerudo town. But yeah, probably the best game for Nintendo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    rofl

go to activate first tower outside the Lookout area....blast off but then get distracted and spend the next several hours flying between the sky islands still not having touched down yet...this game in a nuts ...will hopefully get to first temple by 2024

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rofl

go to activate first tower outside the Lookout area....blast off but then get distracted and spend the next several hours flying between the sky islands still not having touched down yet...this game in a nuts ...will hopefully get to first temple by 2024
    Then you'll have the underground lol

Though the underground actually helps you find shrines on the ground level

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man Lynel fights are such a bas . Ran into a Lynel in the Lanayru Heights area and to beat it I had to

1. Throw a fire fruit to set the grass on fire
    2. Jump up and open my glider to fly up from the fire's updraft
    3. Go into slow mo when shooting my bow (using the Royal Bow from Hyrule Castle) so I could hit the Lynel in the head and stun it
    4. Jump up and mount the Lynel
    5. While riding the Lynel strike repeatedly with my best weapon (Right now the Royal Guard's Claymore from Hyrule Castle with the Flux Construct III Core fused to it)
    6. Get thrown off the Lynel and go back to Step 1

Swear I had to go through this loop like 7 times to kill it. Gives an amazing bow and some nice upgrade materials but the Knight's Halberd it drops is so ty, didn't even pick it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn so a very mild overclock of the memory from the stock 1600 MHz to 1862 MHz gets rid of almost all the frame drops. And the framerate was dropping to 20 fps all the time in the Fire Temple for me at stock clocks, but with that small memory overclock it stays at 30 fps there even when using ultrahand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So jeebus man, how many times you rubbed one out to Cotera?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God the crafting system is awesome in this game. Dude fused a cart to his shield so he could ride the rails and skip the puzzle.

Thread Information