Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nintendo really needs to have a big 2019 with the Switch considering how strong Sony's 2020 lineup looks with The Last of Us Part II, Ghost of Tsushima, and Death Stranding plus the PS5. So probably Metroid Prime 4, a new Pokemon RPG, and a killer 2D Zelda to sell systems. I doubt Bayonetta 3, Fire Emblem Three Houses, or Shin Megami Tensei V would be enough to ensure big hardware sales next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn I highly recommend the Sega Genesis Classics collection. Gunstar Heroes on a handheld with a screen this nice is ing epic. So is Sonic 1. Pretty solid collection with Sonic 1 & 2, Phantasy Star IV, Golden Axe, Comix Zone, Shinobi III and Revenge of Shinobi, Streets of Rage 1-3, and I forgot what else. Wish it had Castle of Illusion though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn I highly recommend the Sega Genesis Classics collection. Gunstar Heroes on a handheld with a screen this nice is ing epic. So is Sonic 1. Pretty solid collection with Sonic 1 & 2, Phantasy Star IV, Golden Axe, Comix Zone, Shinobi III and Revenge of Shinobi, Streets of Rage 1-3, and I forgot what else. Wish it had Castle of Illusion though.
    Was kind of thinking about getting this just to have on the handheld. Seems like a lot of entertainment for the money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nintendo really needs to have a big 2019 with the Switch considering how strong Sony's 2020 lineup looks with The Last of Us Part II, Ghost of Tsushima, and Death Stranding plus the PS5. So probably Metroid Prime 4, a new Pokemon RPG, and a killer 2D Zelda to sell systems. I doubt Bayonetta 3, Fire Emblem Three Houses, or Shin Megami Tensei V would be enough to ensure big hardware sales next year.
    Classic Zelda 2 is coming to Switch (online)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Already have that on my NES Classic with a controller with a real D-pad tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't be surprised if they dropped a Skyward Sword HD remake. I think that's the only Zelda game I played for an hour, stopped, then never played again. I just didn't care for the motion controls. In any case, they need to hurry up and release everything they had on the Wii U. Nobody bought that in system yet it had all the classic games to buy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't be surprised if they dropped a Skyward Sword HD remake. I think that's the only Zelda game I played for an hour, stopped, then never played again. I just didn't care for the motion controls. In any case, they need to hurry up and release everything they had on the Wii U. Nobody bought that in system yet it had all the classic games to buy.
    It has been rumored for a while, but then it was rumored heavily that there would be a Nintendo Direct today too and no dice there. It would still have motion controls I would guess. Though Switch's motion controls are a lot better than Wii's. Also they're releasing New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe tomorrow. I thought the game looked kind of crap from the reviews I had seen on Wii U but it's pretty cool so far on Switch.

There are only four more Wii U games I'd care about seeing on Switch: namely, Super Mario 3D World, the remaster of Zelda The Wind Waker (though I still enjoy playing the Gamecube original on my BC Wii), Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. Thankfully most of the rest of the top end of the Wii U library is on Switch now.

Did you ever get an NES/SNES Classic? The SNES is hard to find now but I still see the NES Classics available. What's really cool is NES Classic comes with the Famicom Disk System BIOS so you can add FDS games to it too, such as Zelda 1 with much better sound, Metroid with better sound, Yume Koujou Doki Doki Panic (the Japanese game Nintendo romhacked into Super Mario Bros 2 for the US market), the original hard as Japanese Super Mario Bros 2, and the somewhat different Japanese Zelda II.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you ever get an NES/SNES Classic? The SNES is hard to find now but I still see the NES Classics available. What's really cool is NES Classic comes with the Famicom Disk System BIOS so you can add FDS games to it too, such as Zelda 1 with much better sound, Metroid with better sound, Yume Koujou Doki Doki Panic (the Japanese game Nintendo romhacked into Super Mario Bros 2 for the US market), the original hard as Japanese Super Mario Bros 2, and the somewhat different Japanese Zelda II.
    I got both. I think I paid like an extra 5 bucks for the SNES and got the NES for its retail price; both on amazon. I'm gonna get me a little 32" tv, put it up in my room, and those two will be my "eh, it" systems to play. I've always wondered about that SMB2 game, the original version. I've seen gameplay about it and it looks interesting; I never knew the SMB2 I had growing up wasn't originally a mario game. Granted, it stood out like due to it just being absolutely bizarre compared to every other mario game I had

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone remember Mario Brothers from the Atari 5200?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got both. I think I paid like an extra 5 bucks for the SNES and got the NES for its retail price; both on amazon. I'm gonna get me a little 32" tv, put it up in my room, and those two will be my "eh, it" systems to play. I've always wondered about that SMB2 game, the original version. I've seen gameplay about it and it looks interesting; I never knew the SMB2 I had growing up wasn't originally a mario game. Granted, it stood out like due to it just being absolutely bizarre compared to every other mario game I had
    The story behind the two SMB 2 games is really interesting. God the Japanese original SMB 2 is hard as , at times it can be almost as bad as some of the Kaizo Mario romhacks. Check this for the story of the two games.

You can use a program called hakchi on your NES Classic to add Yume Koujou Doki Doki Panic, though it can be a pain in the ass to find the right rom. It took my fifth attempt before I could get a rom that worked on the NES Classic emulator. Plus I got rid of some of the crap games like Ice Climber and Punch Out With Mr Dream so I could put the entire Mega Man NES series as well as Mike Tyson's Punch Out. Damn the controllers are absolute spot on for both.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Unlocking characters in Smash Ultimate is extremely tedious. I am playing one match, SD'ing, fighting the new character, and then exiting out of the game. Over and over again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unlocking characters in Smash Ultimate is extremely tedious. I am playing one match, SD'ing, fighting the new character, and then exiting out of the game. Over and over again.
    For sure. I wish the adventure mode was just straight up unlocking characters. Beat one, move on to the next without all the spirit bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure if anyone here played No More Heroes (from Suda51) on the Wii but it was fantastic. I missed the follow up but they are about to release Travis Strikes Again on the Switch. It's part of the same story but clearly not meant to be taken as the third in the series.

Game play is completely different.

But I think I'm going to give it a go based on how good the first one is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone remember Mario Brothers from the Atari 5200?
    Never played it but you ever seen this game on Atari 2600?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never played it but you ever seen this game on Atari 2600?

wtf...is that real? I mean was that really a game you could buy for the 2600 back in the day?

ah...this looks like it was made in 2013. Phew...I thought I was going to have a Mandela moment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wtf...is that real? I mean was that really a game you could buy for the 2600 back in the day?
    I think it was made around 2013 and you could order cartridges of it from the Atari Age store to run on actual Atari 2600 until Nintendo found out about it. There is some really cool homebrew written for the 2600. Here is another cool game called Halo 2600 written by a former VP of Microsoft's game publishing division.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

ah...this looks like it was made in 2013. Phew...I thought I was going to have a Mandela moment.
    fake news

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was "Berenstein".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was "Berenstein".
    yeah because the 6 year olds who read those books were authorities in the field of spelling who remember that specifically 30 years later

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah because the 6 year olds who read those books were authorities in the field of spelling who remember that specifically 30 years later
    Not worth debating really. We could go on and on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not worth debating really. We could go on and on.
    books written by stan and jan berenstain

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    books written by stan and jan berenstain
    I know what it says now and what it said then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know what it says now and what it said then.
    how old were you when reading those books originally tbh? and how many years ago was it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how old were you when reading those books originally tbh? and how many years ago was it?
    I was like 7 or 8 when I first read them. But that's not my only point of reference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was like 7 or 8 when I first read them. But that's not my only point of reference.
    oh, you went back and re-read them afterwards

Thread Information