Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh, you went back and re-read them afterwards
    Are you deliberately trying to derail the Switch thread?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you deliberately trying to derail the Switch thread?
    could have sworn it was spelled swich

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should I pick up an nes and snes classic or give the switch a go? I'm trying for a little retro gaming station. I already have a snes classic but thinking of picking up another one. Idk if I should spend that money though or just go for the switch. Leaning switch although I'm not sure if and when Nintendo will make their classic games available.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should I pick up an nes and snes classic or give the switch a go? I'm trying for a little retro gaming station. I already have a snes classic but thinking of picking up another one. Idk if I should spend that money though or just go for the switch. Leaning switch although I'm not sure if and when Nintendo will make their classic games available.
    Most of the NES Classic library is already on Switch Online for $20 a year. But you can mod an SNES Classic to dual boot into the NES Classic OS using hakchi2. you could install the Famicom Classic OS onto the SNES Classic also (I have on mine before but it takes too much space IMO having three OS on the system). I have about 45 SNES games and maybe 55 NES/Famicom games on my . If I put more it would up space needed for save states and I'd rather have the save states than my 100th to 130th favorite games on the two systems.

Switch with the joycons isn't nearly as good as NES Classic with the NES Classic controller for NES games. Neither is Switch with the Pro Controller. Also you can use an NES Classic controller on the SNES Classic, as SNES Classic and NES Classic are the exact same hardware but in a different s .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most of the NES Classic library is already on Switch Online for $20 a year. But you can mod an SNES Classic to dual boot into the NES Classic OS using hakchi2. you could install the Famicom Classic OS onto the SNES Classic also (I have on mine before but it takes too much space IMO having three OS on the system). I have about 45 SNES games and maybe 55 NES/Famicom games on my . If I put more it would up space needed for save states and I'd rather have the save states than my 100th to 130th favorite games on the two systems.
    Translation for Rob...you’ll need to pay $20 per year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Switch with the joycons isn't nearly as good as NES Classic with the NES Classic controller for NES games. Neither is Switch with the Pro Controller. Also you can use an NES Classic controller on the SNES Classic, as SNES Classic and NES Classic are the exact same hardware but in a different s .
    What's the legality on all of this? and I'm leaning towards switch. That way I'll be able to play a mix of old and new games. I'm still salty over the letdown that was rdr2, for me anyways. Hopefully the switch revives that old school gaming feel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Translation for Rob...you’ll need to pay $20 per year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the legality on all of this? and I'm leaning towards switch. That way I'll be able to play a mix of old and new games. I'm still salty over the letdown that was rdr2, for me anyways. Hopefully the switch revives that old school gaming feel.
    You're asking the legality of pirating games? Come on rob, I never ask about the legality of you being on our side of the river. If you like Nintendo's games then Switch is awesome. If you like a handheld with a nice bright screen then it's great too. Though it is at the same time bulky and yet fragile feeling. It's large but skinny as . If you take it on the go better get one of those $20 cases you see at Target or Gamestop.

Switch is a ing expensive console IMO. You pay $300 but you need to drop at least another $25 or so for a minimum 128GB microSD card. You only get about 26GB free storage out the box and if you want to play 3rd party games like LA Noire or NBA 2k19 then half the game will be on the cartridge and the other half will be a download. Better spend another $10 on a screen protector, because the dock will also scuff your screen in the corners (at least it did mine before putting a screen protector on). And then if you want a good reasonably sized controller to use it in docked more you're talking $70 for the Pro Controller. So honestly Switch is a $405 system to me. Or $425 with the carrying case. Oh and plus tax of course.

Plus Switch games are much harder to find on sale than PS4 games. PS4 you shop around and you can get great deals like Horizon Zero Dawn with all the DLC for $15, God of War for $25, Persona 5 for $25, etc (not even counting Black Friday deals). On Switch man you might find Mario Kart 8 for $45 or Super Mario Odyssey for $50, but even the Black Friday best prices for Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 were $35 each. Switch has some really good games though nowhere near as many nor as high quality as PS4, and they're significantly more expensive. The price makes it a little tough to recommend if you don't put CFW on and pirate. You'll need to do a lot of research to do it properly though, there are a lot of details and you have to pick up a system from before Nintendo patched the hardware flaw you use to exploit the system and install custom firmware. If you're interested in a hacked Switch though last week I was at the Best Buy in the Forum and four of the six Switches they had out had serials indicating they were hackable (all four with gray joycons, the two neon joycon Switches were unhackable).
    Last edited by baseline bum; 01-20-2019 at 08:17 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^

Plus there’s an excellent Mexican game called Guacamelee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^

Plus there’s an excellent Mexican game called Guacamelee.
    I know, you start dropping the wife off for her shift at Adelitas and then gotta scale the wall in both the living and dead world before the grand finish at Alvarado Park where it's tarjetas verdes por todos.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    did you ask about the legality when you crossed the Rio Grande? come on son

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop stealing my ese

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop stealing my ese
    no mames, guey

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tengo un culo peludo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tengo un culo peludo
    son todos pendejos

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    son todos pendejos
    man that culo peludo sentence ended up in a paper I turned in for my Spanish 3 class in college. Back then my espanish was good enough to tell my teacher that I asked my jerkoff Mexican friend Enrique to proofread my paper and he added that sentence in the middle right before I printed it when she asked about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man that culo peludo sentence ended up in a paper I turned in for my Spanish 3 class in college. Back then my espanish was good enough to tell my teacher that I asked my jerkoff Mexican friend Enrique to proofread my paper and he added that sentence in the middle right before I printed it when she asked about it.
    so did you marry that teacher?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so did you marry that teacher?
    Nah man she wasn't mojada, she was one of them Spanish beaners with the weird tph lisp who calls shoes thapapthos.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're asking the legality of pirating games? Come on rob, I never ask about the legality of you being on our side of the river. If you like Nintendo's games then Switch is awesome. If you like a handheld with a nice bright screen then it's great too. Though it is at the same time bulky and yet fragile feeling. It's large but skinny as . If you take it on the go better get one of those $20 cases you see at Target or Gamestop.

Switch is a ing expensive console IMO. You pay $300 but you need to drop at least another $25 or so for a minimum 128GB microSD card. You only get about 26GB free storage out the box and if you want to play 3rd party games like LA Noire or NBA 2k19 then half the game will be on the cartridge and the other half will be a download. Better spend another $10 on a screen protector, because the dock will also scuff your screen in the corners (at least it did mine before putting a screen protector on). And then if you want a good reasonably sized controller to use it in docked more you're talking $70 for the Pro Controller. So honestly Switch is a $405 system to me. Or $425 with the carrying case. Oh and plus tax of course.

Plus Switch games are much harder to find on sale than PS4 games. PS4 you shop around and you can get great deals like Horizon Zero Dawn with all the DLC for $15, God of War for $25, Persona 5 for $25, etc (not even counting Black Friday deals). On Switch man you might find Mario Kart 8 for $45 or Super Mario Odyssey for $50, but even the Black Friday best prices for Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 were $35 each. Switch has some really good games though nowhere near as many nor as high quality as PS4, and they're significantly more expensive. The price makes it a little tough to recommend if you don't put CFW on and pirate. You'll need to do a lot of research to do it properly though, there are a lot of details and you have to pick up a system from before Nintendo patched the hardware flaw you use to exploit the system and install custom firmware. If you're interested in a hacked Switch though last week I was at the Best Buy in the Forum and four of the six Switches they had out had serials indicating they were hackable (all four with gray joycons, the two neon joycon Switches were unhackable).
    Damn son, that's a lot to think about. And yeah, I'm having a hard time s ing out 300 for a bare system. Not to mention all the extras that are recommended like screen protectors and a pro controller. I'll have to think about this one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah man she wasn't mojada, she was one of them Spanish beaners with the weird tph lisp who calls shoes thapapthos.
    Lmaoooo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn son, that's a lot to think about. And yeah, I'm having a hard time s ing out 300 for a bare system. Not to mention all the extras that are recommended like screen protectors and a pro controller. I'll have to think about this one.
    Your mom has a few hundred dollars in the old Cheerio box in the top cabinet. Don’t tell her I told you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your mom has a few hundred dollars in the old Cheerio box in the top cabinet. Don’t tell her I told you.
    You da real MVP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a lawn to mow, you can make that in a weekend, tbh, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information