Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a lawn to mow, you can make that in a weekend, tbh, IMO.
    Compelling offer...

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn Metroid Prime 4 just got a huge delay, at least a couple of years. Nintendo just announced they're having to restart development of the game from the ground up, that their work from the past two years or so was garbage and had to be thrown away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn Metroid Prime 4 just got a huge delay, at least a couple of years. Nintendo just announced they're having to restart development of the game from the ground up, that their work from the past two years or so was garbage and had to be thrown away.

me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is crappy news though. It was the game I was looking forward to this year. I guess I need to go back to Mario Odyssey. Started it and then switched to BOW.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is crappy news though. It was the game I was looking forward to this year. I guess I need to go back to Mario Odyssey. Started it and then switched to BOW.
    It always seemed like a stretch for a 2019 game when there was absolutely no game play shown. Makes me also worry about Shin Megami Tensei V, although at least we have gotten in-engine trailers for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It always seemed like a stretch for a 2019 game when there was absolutely no game play shown. Makes me also worry about Shin Megami Tensei V, although at least we have gotten in-engine trailers for it.
    Is there anything else I should think about playing instead of Mario? Looking for something that will take some time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there anything else I should think about playing instead of Mario? Looking for something that will take some time.
    Super Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild are definitely the class of the system. Smash Ultimate and Mario Kart 8 are fun for a few minutes at a time and Bayonetta 1 & 2 have some pretty cool action, but nothing comparable to SMO and BOTW. New Super Mario U Deluxe is kind of disappointing; Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze is a much better 2D platformer. I haven't tried either of the big JRPG on it yet (eg Xenoblade Chronicles 2 or Octopath Traveler) so I can't comment on them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its the right call

why double down on a bad product? they're learning from bethesda's stupidity

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Super Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild are definitely the class of the system. Smash Ultimate and Mario Kart 8 are fun for a few minutes at a time and Bayonetta 1 & 2 have some pretty cool action, but nothing comparable to SMO and BOTW. New Super Mario U Deluxe is kind of disappointing; Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze is a much better 2D platformer. I haven't tried either of the big JRPG on it yet (eg Xenoblade Chronicles 2 or Octopath Traveler) so I can't comment on them.
    That pretty much answers my question. I've got Super Smash Ultimate, Mario Kart, and Tropical Freeze but I get tired of them pretty quickly. I wish I hadn't just quite Odyssey right in the middle to switch to BOTW. I feel like I'll have to start it over. Which isn't a big deal I guess. Was only through the first 2 levels. Thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That pretty much answers my question. I've got Super Smash Ultimate, Mario Kart, and Tropical Freeze but I get tired of them pretty quickly. I wish I hadn't just quite Odyssey right in the middle to switch to BOTW. I feel like I'll have to start it over. Which isn't a big deal I guess. Was only through the first 2 levels. Thanks.
    Pretty bad news for Nintendo. They really need to knock it out of the park in 2019 because everyone is going to be waiting for and then buying the PS5 and the next XBox in 2020. But Fire Emblem Three Houses, Yoshi's Crafted World, and Pokemon aren't going to be enough IMO. They might be stuck having to do a price cut to the system if Pokemon isn't a 9.5/10 level game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty bad news for Nintendo. They really need to knock it out of the park in 2019 because everyone is going to be waiting for and then buying the PS5 and the next XBox in 2020. But Fire Emblem Three Houses, Yoshi's Crafted World, and Pokemon aren't going to be enough IMO. They might be stuck having to do a price cut to the system if Pokemon isn't a 9.5/10 level game.
    I don't keep up with the hardware sales but I'm sure you're right. Along with BOTW and Odyssey, Prime was the other game that helped me justify buying the system. And I figured there would be enough good indie games to fill in. Which so far, I haven't found anything I really love. Pokemon doesn't really do anything for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What was the studio previously doing this? Was it Bandai Namco? They ed up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was the studio previously doing this? Was it Bandai Namco? They ed up
    That's the rumor. I wonder if they ed it up or if Nintendo just has extremely high standards for this series. Either way they should have had Retro Studios develop it from the beginning. Supposedly Retro Studios made a demo for Prime 4 that Nintendo was impressed by.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    I gave up on Octopath. Maybe I will try again later, but that last boss is too goddamn time consuming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Modern Vintage Gamer claims mupen64 in RetroArch gives full speed Nintendo 64 gaming on a hacked Switch now. I'll have to check that later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Started back on Odyssey. It really is fantastic.

I also bought a game called, "Velocity 2". Fastplay game that alternates between side scroll platform and top down space shooter. It's a lot of fun. Controls are excellent which makes the game. I'm through level 26 which is maybe halfway. Most of the levels take about 3-5 minutes. But I'll probably go back and replay them when I'm done to shorten the times. Lots of checkpoints so when you die, you usually start back just before that spot.

Very enjoyable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Started ing around with my Switch again and RetroArch is a pain in the ass. Constant crashing. I don't even want to bother with trying N64 on this with how unstable the program is. I'll stick with playing N64 games off WiiWare using my Gamecube controller. Probably wait until N64 is supported in the official builds instead of ing around with the nightlys.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 01-28-2019 at 09:29 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL Switch firmware 7.0.0 launched three hours ago, master key extracted two hours ago.

Get in here ElNono with your burrito eating ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thats awesome, tbh... will read up later on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for some reason I can't see tweets. testing to see if it shows up when I quote it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Final Fantasy VII is coming soon based on this new ad Nintendo published today

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn...this looks cool...My Friend Pedro

Thread Information