Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The new update supposedly won't let you use the word COVID or anything like it, just testing that tbh.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I keep trying to give Mario 64 a chance, but this game blows. Mario is such a pain in the ass to control from all the weird camera angles unlike in say Odyssey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I keep trying to give Mario 64 a chance, but this game blows. Mario is such a pain in the ass to control from all the weird camera angles unlike in say Odyssey.
    I played this game so many times when I was a kid that I can beat it with my eyes closed. I do agree on some levels that it's unbearable. Rainbow Ride.

Maybe I'm just biased and overwhelmed with nostalgia, but I have more fun with this than Odyssey. I already have 90 stars since late launch day. Can't wait to reach 120 and move on to Sunshine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah...exactly. Until I started playing, I guess I didn't realize how big that gap was really going to be. I never played Galaxy so I'll probably start that at some point this week.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I played this game so many times when I was a kid that I can beat it with my eyes closed. I do agree on some levels that it's unbearable. Rainbow Ride.

Maybe I'm just biased and overwhelmed with nostalgia, but I have more fun with this than Odyssey. I already have 90 stars since late launch day. Can't wait to reach 120 and move on to Sunshine.
    IDK, when I play Mario 64 if I have to make a hard jump or a sequence of jumps I feel like I'm ing around the camera until I get it into a half decent state, slowly make the jump, with the camera again for the next jump, and so on. It has the makings of a great game but the control scheme just totally s it up. Thankfully I have a hacked Switch so I can play the better version derived from the PC port that has widescreen, 60 fps, mod support, and modern dual stick control.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which controller are you using? Any recommendations on a screen protector?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mostly play handheld when I play Mario 64, so the joycons. Though not any easier with the pro controller when I play on the screen. I just bought a cheap screen protector from Gamestop to keep the dock from scuffing the screen. I don't remember the brand honestly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm using a modded severed thumb I took off of some border jumper.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It took me a solid 20 mins to remember all the controls and god awful camera angles, but after that bit, it's like slipping on some well worn jeans. I'm doing all the trick maneuvers I learned 20+ years ago and having a ball with 50+ stars. Sunshine is also coming back easily. Blasted through the first three levels like they were nothing. I've still never played galaxy and I'll get to it, but I have a feeling I'm going to hate it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    imagine having not finished sekiro and instead playing mario 64

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    imagine having not finished sekiro and instead playing mario 64
    imagine having a nagging Armenian wife show up out of nowhere

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    imagine having a nagging Armenian wife show up out of nowhere

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got all 120 stars this morning. Playing Sunshine now. Forgot how fun this game was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta confess I'm actually starting to get into Mario 64 now that I have gotten more used to the lol 90s controls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn GTA 3 got reverse engineered and ported to the Switch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two members of Team Xecutioner who make SXOS and the Mariko Switch modchip just got arrested. Pouring out my 40 for SXOS.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/two-m...ecuter-custody

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two members of Team Xecutioner who make SXOS and the Mariko Switch modchip just got arrested. Pouring out my 40 for SXOS.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/two-m...ecuter-custody
    I saw that and immediately thought of you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw that and immediately thought of you.
    I don't use SXOS. Figured Nintendo would find some way to take them down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyway....a couple of very good platform/puzzle games for the Switch...
    Last Campfire - almost all puzzle solving but it's pretty great, aside from the gay storyline
    Evergate - about halfway in and hasn't gotten stale at all. Each new chapter adds a somewhat different mechanic.

Both of these are 8/10s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't use SXOS. Figured Nintendo would find some way to take them down.
    All that's above my head. I just figured you'd be in the know about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been playing Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu since playing it in Japanese is right about at the level for me where I can enjoyably play it without constantly looking up but still offers a decent challenge reading.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, what good games came out this year? I gotta restock my Switch for the yearly holiday trip, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, what good games came out this year? I gotta restock my Switch for the yearly holiday trip, tbh.
    真・女神転生IIIノクターン

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a Dynasty Warriors style Zelda game coming out in the next month or so which looks really good. Koei Tecmo did a great job making a Persona universe Dynasty Warriors inspired game early this year in Persona 5 Scramble (Japan-only though), so I'm expecting their Zelda spinoff to be pretty impressive too. Bravely Default II sounds like it might not make 2020 though. And outside of Persona 5 Scramble (which is Japan only), not a lot interesting on Switch this year other than remasters. Super Mario 64 is nice as a handheld game and Super Mario Galaxy really looks great at 1080p. Unless you're into Animal Crossing, 2020 has been a horrendous year for Switch gaming. Nothing like the epic year of 2019.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a Dynasty Warriors style Zelda game coming out in the next month or so which looks really good. Koei Tecmo did a great job making a Persona universe Dynasty Warriors inspired game early this year in Persona 5 Scramble (Japan-only though), so I'm expecting their Zelda spinoff to be pretty impressive too. Bravely Default II sounds like it might not make 2020 though. And outside of Persona 5 Scramble (which is Japan only), not a lot interesting on Switch this year other than remasters. Super Mario 64 is nice as a handheld game and Super Mario Galaxy really looks great at 1080p. Unless you're into Animal Crossing, 2020 has been a horrendous year for Switch gaming. Nothing like the epic year of 2019.
    Not a Persona fan, tbh.... guess I'll check out the Mario games... I might also pick up Luigi's Mansion...

Thread Information