Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a Persona fan, tbh.... guess I'll check out the Mario games... I might also pick up Luigi's Mansion...
    I know... was just using Persona as an example of how well Koei Tecmo was able to adapt their Warriors series another gaming universe recently and thus why there might be good reason to be excited over the upcoming Hyrule Warriors game:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a Persona fan, tbh.... guess I'll check out the Mario games... I might also pick up Luigi's Mansion...
    Luigi's Mansion is in my top handful of Switch games. It' got great reviews but it seems like it's overlooked at times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know... was just using Persona as an example of how well Koei Tecmo was able to adapt their Warriors series another gaming universe recently and thus why there might be good reason to be excited over the upcoming Hyrule Warriors game:

Less than a month away bro. It's been a hot minute since they released new zelda content(Link's awakening was just a remaster) so I'm all about this right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just got me Luigi Mansion's 3, Mario All Stars 3D and the new Paper Mario for the vacays...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Less than a month away bro. It's been a hot minute since they released new zelda content(Link's awakening was just a remaster) so I'm all about this right now.
    Sounds good but I just started RDR2 and no way I finish that by the end of the year even.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just got me Luigi Mansion's 3, Mario All Stars 3D and the new Paper Mario for the vacays...
    Also check out Super Mario Maker 2 if you haven't already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looked good in today's Direct Mini, and you can play the first chapter right now in the demo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looked good in today's Direct Mini, and you can play the first chapter right now in the demo.

Ohhhhhh . Looks like I'll be playing that this weekend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just saw where they released No More Heroes on Switch. It's been about 10 years since I played it on the Wii but it's fantastic. Especially when playing with the separate controllers and using the motion controls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just bought this one...Fenyx Rising. BOW knockoff sort of and has decent reviews. With the lack of games for the Switch, I'm looking forward to it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSZmS8eaTZU

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derp, keep your tiness outside of this section. This is off limits for you re .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, SciresM, the guy responsible for hacking the Switch, says he found in a firmware dump indications there will be an upcoming Switch with an OLED screen and a 4k media encoder. God the OLED in the original Vitas looks glorious so an OLED of the size of the full-size Switch's screen, especially if they can really shrink the bezels, will be glorious. Of course this New Switch will probably be the new performance target for new games just like the New 3DS was for 3DS games so old-school Switch will probably play new games even tier than it has the last year.

Damn if Shin Megami Tensei V needs the new Switch to perform well guess I'll just sell my hacked Switch for as much as I can and buy the new one and live with high Nintendo game prices from here on out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder if they're going to drop a pascal GPU in there too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder if they're going to drop a pascal GPU in there too
    Switch is definitely having a hard time keeping up. God the last Hyrule Warriors performed like . I heard even Animal Crossing was a mess. Link's Awakening is a great game but damn does it ever drop frames too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Switch is definitely having a hard time keeping up. God the last Hyrule Warriors performed like . I heard even Animal Crossing was a mess. Link's Awakening is a great game but damn does it ever drop frames too.
    It's just underclocked to save battery and prevent heat problems. Maxwell should totally be able to do 720p at good perf. The tegra used there is clocked at 1 GHz, and NVidia uses the same tegra SOC in other products at 2GHz.

That'll get better with both hardware design iterations and shrinking process. IIRC, the hardware already went through one revision.

Also, unlike Apple that designs their own Arm cores, NVidia is using stock cores, so that's another area where they could improve.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's just underclocked to save battery and prevent heat problems. Maxwell should totally be able to do 720p at good perf. The tegra used there is clocked at 1 GHz, and NVidia uses the same tegra SOC in other products at 2GHz.

That'll get better with both hardware design iterations and shrinking process. IIRC, the hardware already went through one revision.

Also, unlike Apple that designs their own Arm cores, NVidia is using stock cores, so that's another area where they could improve.
    Wasn't the original chip in the Switch the same thing as in the Nvidia Shield but at half the clockspeed? I gotta look up how far you can push clocks on the OG Switch after hacking it. See if that gets me anywhere in Hyrule Warriors for example.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't the original chip in the Switch the same thing as in the Nvidia Shield but at half the clockspeed? I gotta look up how far you can push clocks on the OG Switch after hacking it. See if that gets me anywhere in Hyrule Warriors for example.
    yep, that's what I'm saying. Switch is 1 GHz, Shield is 2 GHz. There was a revision on the Tegra X1 later down the road (X1+) that gave the Switch some extra battery life. That switched the process from 20nm to 16nm.

Past that, you really need to switch to a smaller process. Tegra X2 is Pascal, but still a 16nm process. Xavier, the one after that, uses 12nm and Volta.

There's also an Ampere version in the works, but I don't know what process that uses. If they can get down to 7nm, they can really push the envelope, but then price becomes an issue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep, that's what I'm saying. Switch is 1 GHz, Shield is 2 GHz. There was a revision on the Tegra X1 later down the road (X1+) that gave the Switch some extra battery life. That switched the process from 20nm to 16nm.

Past that, you really need to switch to a smaller process. Tegra X2 is Pascal, but still a 16nm process. Xavier, the one after that, uses 12nm and Volta.

There's also an Ampere version in the works, but I don't know what process that uses. If they can get down to 7nm, they can really push the envelope, but then price becomes an issue.
    Though Nvidia was doing Ampere on 8nm, but read it's kind of a ty process compared to the TSMC 7nm that AMD uses. Way beyond my pay grade though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both NVidia and Intel have been poor when it comes to process size reduction. To the point I think Intel is going to start outsourcing to TSMC.

That's really the name of the game in the power/performance game. Not that important for desktop, but for something like a portable console it's certainly a thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both NVidia and Intel have been poor when it comes to process size reduction. To the point I think Intel is going to start outsourcing to TSMC.

That's really the name of the game in the power/performance game. Not that important for desktop, but for something like a portable console it's certainly a thing.
    I thought Nvidia just couldn't get anything produced on TSMC 7nm because AMD and Apple had bought up all the capacity. Only Nvidia's really high-end high margin like GA100 got done on TSMC 7nm. Hard to believe how much Intel is struggling with 10nm when they used to be the gold standard of fabs. But haven't really done to improve IPC since Skylake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Nvidia just couldn't get anything produced on TSMC 7nm because AMD and Apple had bought up all the capacity. Only Nvidia's really high-end high margin like GA100 got done on TSMC 7nm. Hard to believe how much Intel is struggling with 10nm when they used to be the gold standard of fabs. But haven't really done to improve IPC since Skylake.
    It costs a lot of money to improve the process. I can't talk much about Intel since we just had a presentation with them and I know some things I can't share, but we all know they fell behind quite a bit, not just on process, but also never figured out a true mobile strategy, and it's clear Arm's growth has been hurting them. Funnily enough, laptops is probably their best consumer market right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get in here jeebus

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know. I had a stupid meeting during the announcement but once I was out, I checked it out. Will ing buy day one. I want to play this game back in the day, but the motion controls were so bad, I couldn't do it. Sure as wasn't going to break out the Wii and try to play it again on 15 year old motion control tech.

The 35th anniversary of Zelda is this weekend too; kinda hoping they drop a few more things then, like they did with Mario. I enjoy Mario, but the Zelda franchise is always number one in my heart.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excited about No More Heroes 3. The first one was one of my favorite Wii games. Anyone play that besides me?

Thread Information