Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man I was playing the out of Super Mario 3D World when we had all the blackouts. Haven't touched it since though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know. I had a stupid meeting during the announcement but once I was out, I checked it out. Will ing buy day one. I want to play this game back in the day, but the motion controls were so bad, I couldn't do it. Sure as wasn't going to break out the Wii and try to play it again on 15 year old motion control tech.

The 35th anniversary of Zelda is this weekend too; kinda hoping they drop a few more things then, like they did with Mario. I enjoy Mario, but the Zelda franchise is always number one in my heart.
    You been playing Super Mario 3D World? Pretty cool game. Not Odyssey by any stretch, but a solid 8/10. Boswer's Fury really looks awesome but I want to beat the base game first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You been playing Super Mario 3D World? Pretty cool game. Not Odyssey by any stretch, but a solid 8/10. Boswer's Fury really looks awesome but I want to beat the base game first.
    Way better than I was expecting. I’m doing the same thing...playing World first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Way better than I was expecting. I’m doing the same thing...playing World first.
    You play it on Wii U? Most of the stars are pretty easy to find (in World 6 right now) but the stamps can be tough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You play it on Wii U? Most of the stars are pretty easy to find (in World 6 right now) but the stamps can be tough.
    No...I never played it on Wii U. So it’s all new to me. Holds up great. I’m at the final castle boss fight. I didn’t spend a lot of time looking for stars but ended up with enough for all the extra levels. Not sure if I’ll go back and get the rest or just move on to Bowser’s Fury.

Are you actually switching characters? I ended up just using Mario all the way.

Also, do you know if collecting all the stars and/or stamps give you extra levels?

Edit: Thought the castle stage was the end but now I’m at the Bowser World.
    Last edited by SpursforSix; 02-20-2021 at 06:06 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not yet. How much does it cost? Knowing Nintendo, it probably costs $60

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not yet. How much does it cost? Knowing Nintendo, it probably costs $60
    Don't know, use Atmosphere

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finished Super Mario 3D. With maybe 3/4 of the stars and about 1/3 of the stamps.
    Moved on to Bowser's Fury which is fun as . Kind of a mini Mario Odyssey. 9/10

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    30 mins until Nintendo's E3 ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All right...let's hear it. Metroid Prime out next month?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best E3 presentation by a mile this year. Just hook SMT V right into my vein. Then BOTW2 looked pretty killer and Im def getting that Zelda Game and Watch, Zelda 1 is so awesome handheld.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All right...let's hear it. Metroid Prime out next month?
    lol when I saw metroid pop up, I was kinda shocked. Then I wasn't. Dread still looks pretty good tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best E3 presentation by a mile this year. Just hook SMT V right into my vein. Then BOTW2 looked pretty killer and Im def getting that Zelda Game and Watch, Zelda 1 is so awesome handheld.
    I already got Skyward Sword on pre order, pretty much the weekend it was announced. BOTW 2 looks good and they finally got a date for it; I don't mind them taking 5 years to make it. They added an extra couple years to the OG and it was well worth the wait to be sure. I might get the game and watch as well; would serve me well at work

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol when I saw metroid pop up, I was kinda shocked. Then I wasn't. Dread still looks pretty good tbh
    Agree...it does look good. I'm looking forward to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nintendo just announced an OLED Switch. Screen goes up in size from 6.2 inches to 7 inches (sounds small, but it's a 27% increase in screen area), internal storage increased from 32GB to 64GB, will finally have a decent stand for tabletop mode, and price is $350 for the new system. Comes out October 8th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Easy pass. I haven't taken mine out of the dock in almost 2 years. If it had better internals? Maybe. But a newer screen and better speakers? lol no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Easy pass. I haven't taken mine out of the dock in almost 2 years. If it had better internals? Maybe. But a newer screen and better speakers? lol no.
    I haven't taken it out of the dock since the first couple of months I had it. Mostly due to the controls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn man, you don't like 2D games handheld? ing Super Mario 3D World handheld got me through the February blackouts. Even early 3D like Mario 64 is awesome handheld. Super Mario Maker 2 even moreso. Then y'all might laugh, but Mario Tennis Aces handheld is a whole lot of fun when you have 5-10 minutes to kill. Or playing retro Genesis, NES, SNES, and arcade games on it. You never got into the Game Boy, GBA, DS, or 3DS libraries? Nintendo and handheld gaming go together Trump voters' daughters and black men.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn man, you don't like 2D games handheld? ing Super Mario 3D World handheld got me through the February blackouts. Even early 3D like Mario 64 is awesome handheld. Super Mario Maker 2 even moreso. Then y'all might laugh, but Mario Tennis Aces handheld is a whole lot of fun when you have 5-10 minutes to kill. Or playing retro Genesis, NES, SNES, and arcade games on it. You never got into the Game Boy, GBA, DS, or 3DS libraries? Nintendo and handheld gaming go together Trump voters' daughters and black men.
    I got my 2DS XL for games like that; everything on the switch is stuff that I play docked. I don't take my switch anywhere and I don't gotta sit in the hall to play it, like the switch trailer shows. Since Nintendo is going away from a dedicated handheld like the DS family and into hybrids like the switch, I can't rule out I'd get a switch lite or something down the road. They need to up their virtual console game to Wii U levels for that to happen. Too many good games that still aren't on the switch.

I'm thinking they're balls deep in making their next console so if that one is coming on the horizon and the switch lite/oled falls in price AND gets a kick ass library? I'd buy the out of that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't taken it out of the dock since the first couple of months I had it. Mostly due to the controls.
    Yup, same. I got the pro controller, which I love. I heard too much about joycon drift on the default controllers so meh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup, same. I got the pro controller, which I love. I heard too much about joycon drift on the default controllers so meh.
    I went out and bought 2 pro controllers the next day after opening up the Switch. I hated the feel of the joycons as soon as I started playing. And for me, they were even worse in hand held mode. They just seemed flimsy and I'd been used to playing Vita which had great controls. Putting the right joystick below the buttons really frustrated me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I went out and bought 2 pro controllers the next day after opening up the Switch. I hated the feel of the joycons as soon as I started playing. And for me, they were even worse in hand held mode. They just seemed flimsy and I'd been used to playing Vita which had great controls. Putting the right joystick below the buttons really frustrated me.
    I loved the split joycons playing Super Mario Odyssey docked. The motion controls for Cappy were awesome with split joycons. I bought a Pro Controller almost immediately too and it's usually my go-to for playing docked, but SMO was so much better with joycons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I loved the split joycons playing Super Mario Odyssey docked. The motion controls for Cappy were awesome with split joycons. I bought a Pro Controller almost immediately too and it's usually my go-to for playing docked, but SMO was so much better with joycons.
    I suppose I can see that. My problem is that I broke two fingers on my right hand a long time ago and the older I get, the harder it is to bend them. But also, after playing games for so long, the pro controller just feels natural.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SS HD is out for delivery. Heard nothing but good things so far and it'll be my first time playing the game. I remember getting the game back in 2011, played it for an hour, then never touched it again lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SS HD is out for delivery. Heard nothing but good things so far and it'll be my first time playing the game. I remember getting the game back in 2011, played it for an hour, then never touched it again lol
    I'm still kind of shocked you got this (and at $60) given how much you used to talk about this game.

Interested in what you think after playing it for a few hours.

Thread Information