Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So jeebus man, how many times you rubbed one out to Cotera?
    Haven't gotten that far. Only got to play the game til last Wednesday before family arrived and we went on a trip. Still on said trip and I've completely forgotten about the game

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn the King Gleeoks are pretty tough in TOTK once they fly way up.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I just played through the Wind Temple, had to have been one of the coolest gaming experiences ever especially in regards to the Soundtrack. The ascent to the top of the blizzard with the dynamically changing music, and then how the Wind Temple music went from quiet ambient --> ominous --> determined --> epic ... they even brought out the Hitch Strings lol felt like I was watching an actual movie vs playing a game . That was pretty incredible IMO, I haven't done the other three yet but hopefully they're not too much of a letdown after that first one

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just played through the Wind Temple, had to have been one of the coolest gaming experiences ever especially in regards to the Soundtrack. The ascent to the top of the blizzard with the dynamically changing music, and then how the Wind Temple music went from quiet ambient --> ominous --> determined --> epic ... they even brought out the Hitch Strings lol felt like I was watching an actual movie vs playing a game . That was pretty incredible IMO, I haven't done the other three yet but hopefully they're not too much of a letdown after that first one
    I really enjoyed the boss fight too in the Wind Temple. The three temples I have done are all awesome, but I gotta admit I'd sometimes cheese things by carrying around a long bridge or building a hoverbike out of two fans and a control stick, though you gotta really build your battery up a bit to effectively use the hoverbike.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't believe getting three 10/10 games in the last year and a half between Elden Ring, God of War Ragnarok, and Zelda Tears of the Kingdom. Usually I'll only see one or two games I'd rate 10/10 per generation so to play through three in 18 months is nuts.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I really enjoyed the boss fight too in the Wind Temple. The three temples I have done are all awesome, but I gotta admit I'd sometimes cheese things by carrying around a long bridge or building a hoverbike out of two fans and a control stick, though you gotta really build your battery up a bit to effectively use the hoverbike.
    yeah considering the game sort of guides you to the Rito area as the first of the four regions, it was nice not to actually need weapons to defeat the boss since most players would only have low level ones at that point.

Also apparently a lot of players are climbing all the way up to the Wind Temple without Tulin and getting completely stuck from reading YouTube and Reddit. Funny because BOTW was 6 years ago and you have a lot of players with no background of that game with TOTK even being their first Zelda game. Without playing BOTW, it’s totally reasonable to just wander around, see Hebra Peak, and start climbing without knowing frozen Rito Village is the cultural
    hub of the area and to visit there first. One of the cons of a completely open world game. And with practically unlimited crafting abilities, there’s really no stopping a determined player from getting all the way up Stormwind Ark without Tulin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn the Gerudo weapons are just monsters since they double fusion power. Have a silver lynel horn fused onto a pristine Gerudo claymore that's about 140 points of damage and doing that hold Y attack with three full stamina wheels I can take about 65% of a King Gleeok's health in that move, though it breaks the weapon if I do the final ground smash at the end of that hold attack so I change weapons right before then to keep from breaking it. Then I finish him off with my pristine Gerudo scimitar fused with a silver lynel horn that does like 137 damage.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    damn, just finished the Wind Temple and have 11 hearts (no upgrade yet)...tried to take on that Gleeok in the Hebra Tundra. My most powerful weapon had 33 attack power, and just NOPE'ed out of there when I saw that still wasn't doing while they could KO me in two shots. Gonna focus on getting the Great Fairy upgrades now before doing anything else tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn, just finished the Wind Temple and have 11 hearts (no upgrade yet)...tried to take on that Gleeok in the Hebra Tundra. My most powerful weapon had 33 attack power, and just NOPE'ed out of there when I saw that still wasn't doing while they could KO me in two shots. Gonna focus on getting the Great Fairy upgrades now before doing anything else tbh
    Gotta also make attack up food for bossfights in this game. Five mighty bananas cooked together give you a max attack up, which I think elevates your attacks by 40%, both hand and bow. I'll just say Gleeoks are real bas s in this game and leave it at that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also god damn the hearty salmon is easily the best cooking ingredient in the game. If I cook five prime meats I get a skewer that restores 15 hearts. Cook five gourmet meats and I get a skewer that restores all hearts. Cook five hearty salmon I get a skewer that restores all hearts and gives me twenty yellow hearts also.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Super Mario Bros Wonder coming on October 20th looks pretty good

Didn't really see anything else interesting in today's Direct. Still no Metroid Prime 4 news. They're doing a remake of Super Mario RPG which was a really cool game but I'd rather play the SNES original.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did all 152 shrines in Tears and I swear at least half of them I cheezed with ultrahand + recall, making bridges, or shield surfing instead of making vehicles for rail sections and the fighting ones I'd just try to knock enemies into the water or off high places.

Apparently can't get full hearts and full stamina. Have 3 stamina wheels but with all the dungeons done and all the shrines done I have 38 hearts (40 is max, not counting yellow hearts).

Kind of sad I'm about to finish this. Easily a top 10 game I have ever played in the last 40 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just rolled the credits on TOTK and despite having sky high expectations for this game it pretty much broke them in every way and is a coin flip with Bloodborne for my game of the century. I didn't think much of the story nor the main path of Breath of the Wild and mostly enjoyed it for the exploration, but the story is pretty solid in Tears and it has some very memorable boss battles in addition to being way better than BOTW on exploration too. Hands down the best thing Nintendo has ever done. I'm still in awe they got the physics system of this game to run on a ing Nvidia Shield streaming box but cut to half the speed of the Shield.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    tbh I want to finish this game at some point but there's so much to do that it got overwhelming so I put it down for awhile. Like literally felt like I couldn't walk 10 feet without stumbling into a sidequest or Zonai engineering mini game that would be even more time consuming to score points on. Figured it would take me 1 million hours or so to finish the game at the rate I'm going whereas BOTW took me only 3 months or so to beat the game and complete all the shrines without feeling like I was wasting my life gaming. Debating whether or not to pick up the game again soon and just finish the story and then just finish the rest of the optional stuff at a leisurely pace

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh I want to finish this game at some point but there's so much to do that it got overwhelming so I put it down for awhile. Like literally felt like I couldn't walk 10 feet without stumbling into a sidequest or Zonai engineering mini game that would be even more time consuming to score points on. Figured it would take me 1 million hours or so to finish the game at the rate I'm going whereas BOTW took me only 3 months or so to beat the game and complete all the shrines without feeling like I was wasting my life gaming. Debating whether or not to pick up the game again soon and just finish the story and then just finish the rest of the optional stuff at a leisurely pace
    Unlike BOTW, I think this one really is worth beating the main story even if you skip exploring every island or unlocking all of the depths. Whereas BOTW was strictly about the exploration to me.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Unlike BOTW, I think this one really is worth beating the main story even if you skip exploring every island or unlocking all of the depths. Whereas BOTW was strictly about the exploration to me.
    One thing I like about this game is that despite the 1 billion things there are that you can do, you can actually get around pretty quickly if you want to without having to warp by using the Sky Islands. I went from some island above the Tabantha Snowfield all the way to Zora's Domain in like one minute, just by gliding between islands using the Zonai wing and Tulin's breeze. By hovering over large stretches of land, you can skip a lot of the tedious trek through empty open world fields and just get to key areas on the map if you're in a hurry which really wasn't the case in BOTW. Thought that was a genius move by Nintendo since it's the same overworld and a lot of returning players aren't going to be interested in several minutes of walking through the same barren landscape littered with generic foxes and bokoblins to get from point A to point B.

The Depths can still be a slog at times

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing I like about this game is that despite the 1 billion things there are that you can do, you can actually get around pretty quickly if you want to without having to warp by using the Sky Islands. I went from some island above the Tabantha Snowfield all the way to Zora's Domain in like one minute, just by gliding between islands using the Zonai wing and Tulin's breeze. By hovering over large stretches of land, you can skip a lot of the tedious trek through empty open world fields and just get to key areas on the map if you're in a hurry which really wasn't the case in BOTW. Thought that was a genius move by Nintendo since it's the same overworld and a lot of returning players aren't going to be interested in several minutes of walking through the same barren landscape littered with generic foxes and bokoblins to get from point A to point B.

The Depths can still be a slog at times
    Have you upgraded your Zonai battery? Because the depths become a lot easier to explore using the hoverbike

Just throw one of the giant brightbloom seeds on the front and you have a much better light on your bike than the Zonai light you can get, plus it doesn't consume any battery power. Best part of the depths IMO is it's easier to find lightroots in the depths than shrines at ground level, and every lightroot in the depths is directly under a shrine at ground level, and vice versa. It doesn't help you find shrines in the sky but the lightroots are how I found every shrine in the game. The sky shrines are pretty easy to find once you have upgraded the battery at least halfway and have the Zonai armor that doubles your battery power if you have all three pieces on and they're upgraded to the second level.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Have you upgraded your Zonai battery? Because the depths become a lot easier to explore using the hoverbike

Just throw one of the giant brightbloom seeds on the front and you have a much better light on your bike than the Zonai light you can get, plus it doesn't consume any battery power. Best part of the depths IMO is it's easier to find lightroots in the depths than shrines at ground level, and every lightroot in the depths is directly under a shrine at ground level, and vice versa. It doesn't help you find shrines in the sky but the lightroots are how I found every shrine in the game. The sky shrines are pretty easy to find once you have upgraded the battery at least halfway and have the Zonai armor that doubles your battery power if you have all three pieces on and they're upgraded to the second level.
    nope tbh tried making it once and couldn't get it to take off right so was just like "ah w/e I'll just explore the Depths on foot since it's new territory anyway" but this sh!t is starting to get tedious so I'll try it again IMO. I fell down one of the holes in near Death Mountain and crawled up some hill in the dark, fought off gloom hands and barely made it to a lightroot after having to zigzag through an entire section of Gloom...only to zoom out and see that it only lit up like 0.1% of the map roflrofl. pretty much have no choice but to find a faster way at this point. On an unrelated note, it's cool to actually pick this game up as it's getting off the ground and knowing that players are figuring out knew ways to build stuff by the hour even though I'm staying off the forums for the most part to keep the spoilers down to a minimum. For BOTW, I played late in 2021 when all the tricks were already fleshed out by that point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nope tbh tried making it once and couldn't get it to take off right so was just like "ah w/e I'll just explore the Depths on foot since it's new territory anyway" but this sh!t is starting to get tedious so I'll try it again IMO. I fell down one of the holes in near Death Mountain and crawled up some hill in the dark, fought off gloom hands and barely made it to a lightroot after having to zigzag through an entire section of Gloom...only to zoom out and see that it only lit up like 0.1% of the map roflrofl. pretty much have no choice but to find a faster way at this point. On an unrelated note, it's cool to actually pick this game up as it's getting off the ground and knowing that players are figuring out knew ways to build stuff by the hour even though I'm staying off the forums for the most part to keep the spoilers down to a minimum. For BOTW, I played late in 2021 when all the tricks were already fleshed out by that point
    Have you gotten autobuild yet? The hoverbike is a pain before then since you have to keep remaking it until you get it right every time you want a new one, but once you have autobuild you can make it once and then save it to your favorites and use that every time to get a good hoverbike.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I finally got TOTK and started it. Man, it's fantastic.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Have you gotten autobuild yet? The hoverbike is a pain before then since you have to keep remaking it until you get it right every time you want a new one, but once you have autobuild you can make it once and then save it to your favorites and use that every time to get a good hoverbike.
    Yeah I just got it rofl the funniest part is I still don't know what half of these Zonai devices do still in that trial and error phase. Finally figured out how to make into Korok Forest and free the Deku tree. Beat the gloom hands for the first time and Phantom Ganon...man that thing kicked my ass , though. The timing on parrying is incredibly awkward with that guy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information